or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp 2011 LC-70LE632U Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sharp 2011 LC-70LE632U Owner's Thread - Page 35

post #1021 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

My latest Movie mode settings to try, hope they work well...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=247

Jason

Hey Jason...what did you change, and why?

Thanks,

Walt
post #1022 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltaz View Post

Hey Jason...what did you change, and why?

Thanks,

Walt

Hey Walt,

This is actually a complete reset and start over, I spent many hours with this one tweaking and refining it until MY 632 could get no closer on every single aspect. It's a real balancing act when you have a CMS that does not function 100% properly and you have factory deficiencies that you simply have to accept and deal with. Next on the list is to go at Game mode once again and tweak it until there's nothing left that can be done.

Basically I changed out a blu ray player (Sony S580 to S780) and wanted to see if there were any variables with the new player since it uses a different chip than the previous unit. The players did indeed have slight variances so I figured I may as well give it another go (I actually enjoy doing calibrations and obviously the more you work with a particular display the more you know about it). Plus I knew having yet another CAL out there could increase the chances of somebody finding a CAL they like out of the 3 I have posted.

Hope they can add some enjoyment and more people get hooked on something more accurate, the more people that get into DIY calibration or have in-home pro calibrations the better.

Jason
post #1023 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Hey Walt,

This is actually a complete reset and start over, I spent many hours with this one tweaking and refining it until MY 632 could get no closer on every single aspect. It's a real balancing act when you have a CMS that does not function 100% properly and you have factory deficiencies that you simply have to accept and deal with. Next on the list is to go at Game mode once again and tweak it until there's nothing left that can be done.

Basically I changed out a blu ray player (Sony S580 to S780) and wanted to see if there were any variables with the new player since it uses a different chip than the previous unit. The players did indeed have slight variances so I figured I may as well give it another go (I actually enjoy doing calibrations and obviously the more you work with a particular display the more you know about it). Plus I knew having yet another CAL out there could increase the chances of somebody finding a CAL they like out of the 3 I have posted.

Hope they can add some enjoyment and more people get hooked on something more accurate, the more people that get into DIY calibration or have in-home pro calibrations the better.

Jason

OK, great...and thanks again!! I will update my settings, and let you know...

Walt
post #1024 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokilarry View Post

Can anyone address this?

I received an "Aquos Advantage Registration Confirmation" e-mail.
post #1025 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltaz View Post

OK, great...and thanks again!! I will update my settings, and let you know...

Walt

I'm using Jason's Movie settings also. I'll update mine and report back. The prior settings were great.
post #1026 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Hey Walt,

This is actually a complete reset and start over, I spent many hours with this one tweaking and refining it until MY 632 could get no closer on every single aspect. It's a real balancing act when you have a CMS that does not function 100% properly and you have factory deficiencies that you simply have to accept and deal with. Next on the list is to go at Game mode once again and tweak it until there's nothing left that can be done.

Basically I changed out a blu ray player (Sony S580 to S780) and wanted to see if there were any variables with the new player since it uses a different chip than the previous unit. The players did indeed have slight variances so I figured I may as well give it another go (I actually enjoy doing calibrations and obviously the more you work with a particular display the more you know about it). Plus I knew having yet another CAL out there could increase the chances of somebody finding a CAL they like out of the 3 I have posted.

Hope they can add some enjoyment and more people get hooked on something more accurate, the more people that get into DIY calibration or have in-home pro calibrations the better.

Jason

OK; I've got 'em in there. Why such big changes in CMS-SAT?

Also, I noticed that hockey, with your previous Movie settings, is rather dim. I know you mentioned that hockey should always be watched in Game...will the latest set of Game settings that you are working on be good for hockey?

I'll be interested to compare your "latest and greatest" Movie and Game settings.

Thanks again, Jason!!
post #1027 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by tential View Post

If anyone knows anything about this PLEASE say something I was about to get mine today but afterwards I don't want to until I know more about this.


I emailed that question.. There response..

"The letter associated with the serial number is to determined which version of parts we would order if repair is needed."
post #1028 of 1482
What should you clean the screen with? There is nothing in the manual regarding this.
post #1029 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltaz View Post

OK; I've got 'em in there. Why such big changes in CMS-SAT?

Also, I noticed that hockey, with your previous Movie settings, is rather dim. I know you mentioned that hockey should always be watched in Game...will the latest set of Game settings that you are working on be good for hockey?

I'll be interested to compare your "latest and greatest" Movie and Game settings.

Thanks again, Jason!!

Walt,

Basically different methods or the order in which the process is done can result in different settings even though the end goal is the same. With sets like these 632's basically you have check, re-check and then check again after each round since the settings do not hold as they would on a display with proper controls (each adjustment can alter another).

Movie mode does indeed have processing/lag that cannot be 100% disabled so Game is still the best all around mode (especially for sports/gaming). I'll probably work on Game mode over the next week and if the end result is superior to my previous Game mode settings I'll post them up.

Jason
post #1030 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by billatlakegeorge View Post

What should you clean the screen with? There is nothing in the manual regarding this.

I like ScreenDRx and have been using it for a while on many displays with zero issues. Make sure the display is turned off when you clean it and never spray any cleaner directly onto the screen, always spray it onto the microfiber cloth.

Jason
post #1031 of 1482
Thank you so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post

1. Unplug your set
2. While holding vol down and input buttons on your set, plug unit back in. The set should turn on and you will see a blue box with a k in it on the left hand side of your screen
3. Push vol down and channel down buttons at the same time on the set. You should now be in service menu.
4. With the remote controle, push the arrow down button 1 time.
5. Look for factory init.
6. Arrow right to turn it on.
7. Press enter, or ok on the remote. You should see some //////. Wait a minute and you should should get a solid green screen that says factory init success.
8. Unplug tv. Wait 30 sec's
9. Plug back in and power up. You should be at first time set up.
post #1032 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Walt,

Basically different methods or the order in which the process is done can result in different settings even though the end goal is the same. With sets like these 632's basically you have check, re-check and then check again after each round since the settings do not hold as they would on a display with proper controls (each adjustment can alter another).

Movie mode does indeed have processing/lag that cannot be 100% disabled so Game is still the best all around mode (especially for sports/gaming). I'll probably work on Game mode over the next week and if the end result is superior to my previous Game mode settings I'll post them up.

Jason

Jason...new settings look awesome...best yet!! Reds look the best so far.

Very "plasma-like" PQ...

Thanks again!!
post #1033 of 1482
Excellent Walt, glad to hear it.

I was honestly so nit picky on balancing these settings on MY set that I was worried they would not transfer over well to other 632's.

Jason
post #1034 of 1482
Is this tvs picture more similar to the 732, or the 640 (edgelit). The edgelit looked horrific and the 732 looked great even when i turned off the quattron. Now the last problem I'm having is delivery. Anyone know a good way to transport a 70 inch television? What are the chances I can squeeze it into the trunk of a sedan if I put the back seats down?
post #1035 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by tential View Post

Is this tvs picture more similar to the 732, or the 640 (edgelit). The edgelit looked horrific and the 732 looked great even when i turned off the quattron. Now the last problem I'm having is delivery. Anyone know a good way to transport a 70 inch television? What are the chances I can squeeze it into the trunk of a sedan if I put the back seats down?

Picture is similar to the 732. Find a friend with a pickup truck, or rent a u-haul van. Don't cheap out on delivery. It needs to be transported in an upright position.
post #1036 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by tential View Post

Now the last problem I'm having is delivery. Anyone know a good way to transport a 70 inch television? What are the chances I can squeeze it into the trunk of a sedan if I put the back seats down?

No way this thing is fitting in any trunk. I'd say the only way your getting it home in an upright position is a truck or large van. I rented a pickup from u-haul to pick mine up.
post #1037 of 1482
Ok, I was about to buy this tip I got worried about motion scenes. How does this tv hold up for video games, and sports?
Ite gunna cost me a 100 more but I get free return and delivery and no stupid restocking fee. If I don't like it im gunna get a plasma but ya I got worried about gaming as cod and battlefield will be primarily what ill be using it for.
im just lost as to how my old lcds worked fine but these new ones all have these issues with fast scenes and all types of stuff. My LG 42 inch was 60 hz and I never noticed any of this stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post

Wanted to update the people here with the latest on my TV search.

After trying out the 70" 632 and Panasonic ST30, I have finally found a winner in the Sharp 70" 732.

On the 632 I suffered from the diamond pattern, clouds, and a substandard PQ. With the ST30, buzzing and green blobs. The 732 was PERFECT out of the box. No clouds, no dark corners, nothing. Best of all, the diamond pattern or DSE seems to be severely reduced on this model.

Quattron aside (I turned the expanded color gambit off), this set shows a noticeable PQ increase over the 632. Images look sharper, colors have more pop and there is noticeably less graininess and much better shadow detail. After reading several reviews and other things, it was clear that there truly are several other differences between the 732 and their cheapest 632 model besides just a yellow pixel - it appears to just be a better panel all together. FYI I did use Disney WOW to calibrate all three sets.

My advice to anyone looking at these models is to just bite the 300$ price increase bullet and go with the step up model. To me, it was worth every penny.

Hate to double post but I noticed the 732 to be a little clear than the 632. I also was watching an 80 inch 632 so maybe that's why but everything seemed clearer on it. Then again, calibration is everything and maybe with time the 632 would look good. Right now I'm looking into getting my friends employee discount to try and get a higher model lol.
post #1038 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by tential View Post

Ok, I was about to buy this tip I got worried about motion scenes. How does this tv hold up for video games, and sports?
Ite gunna cost me a 100 more but I get free return and delivery and no stupid restocking fee. If I don't like it im gunna get a plasma but ya I got worried about gaming as cod and battlefield will be primarily what ill be using it for.
im just lost as to how my old lcds worked fine but these new ones all have these issues with fast scenes and all types of stuff. My LG 42 inch was 60 hz and I never noticed any of this stuff.



Hate to double post but I noticed the 732 to be a little clear than the 632. I also was watching an 80 inch 632 so maybe that's why but everything seemed clearer on it. Then again, calibration is everything and maybe with time the 632 would look good. Right now I'm looking into getting my friends employee discount to try and get a higher model lol.

the 632 70 " & the 632 80" are complete different animals & should not be said to be the same display except size .
post #1039 of 1482
Thanks Slappy. The people in the store said to expect similar performance and I brought up that wouldn't the size make a difference? It's why I always ask here for help. So I guess my only unresolved answer is gaming performance. If I had an LG 42 inch TV, basic as hell like 60 hz nothing special I think it only had 2 HDMI inputs even, will this TV be an upgrade? I know it only has 1 HDMI input which kind of sucks but if I run everything through my receiver through the fast HDMI input should I be ok?
post #1040 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by tential View Post

Thanks Slappy. The people in the store said to expect similar performance and I brought up that wouldn't the size make a difference? It's why I always ask here for help. So I guess my only unresolved answer is gaming performance. If I had an LG 42 inch TV, basic as hell like 60 hz nothing special I think it only had 2 HDMI inputs even, will this TV be an upgrade? I know it only has 1 HDMI input which kind of sucks but if I run everything through my receiver through the fast HDMI input should I be ok?

the Sharps have 4 HDMI inputs & only have one component inputs, one Composite Video input ,audio L/R inputs
one HDMI being a gamer input that has the best lack of lag than the other 3 do

http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/Home...C70LE632U.aspx
post #1041 of 1482
What I meant to say was one input that was fast. Is thee gaming input only for gaming or is it the best input? I have an onkyo receiver and wanna make sure it will work well with it. Earlier in this thread I was reading problems about using a receiver and this TV together. From what I understand I should use components with the HDBox which actually sounds great since then I wont have to mess with the settings (from what I understand you can save settings to different inputs?).

My biggest question still though is are there any 360 gamers on here that are enjoying this television for games like CoD or BF3?
post #1042 of 1482
I've played many many days of cod and I didn't notice any lag. I think playing on such a big TV is a disadvantage but no lag. Just make sure the TV is in game mode and you'll be fine. I also am playing on a 360 through an onkyo receiver.
post #1043 of 1482
Hardcore gamer here with a 60LE632 and have no issues, play 360/PS3/PC using Game mode (Game mode is 30ms).

* Honestly unless you are the type to count frames in a fighting game these 632 sets should be just fine for the vast majority of gamers.

Jason
post #1044 of 1482
Jason,

Used your latest movie settings and indeed, fantastic.

Question - DirecTv live (ie news) broadcasts are stunning. Most HD (720 up) are also very clear and sharp.

However, some HD programming has an apparent "sheen" or what I would perceive to be the SOE.

I have double confirmed that all the settings are off (motion, film, noise etc).

Anyone have any ideas?

--Tom
post #1045 of 1482
Hey Tom,

SOE = Soap Opera Effect, I find that I get this with certain broadcast television programming and often it is on commercials (even if I am in game mode where all processing is disabled). I have no factual explanation for why this is happening but I would have to guess the broadcast signal changes slightly and the Sharp is processing it differently(?). Honestly I find broadcast HD tv to just be a mess over-all (although I have not had SAT in years so I guess I should not make such a blanket statement). You can try different output resolutions from your DTV receiver and see if that helps.

* Oh, glad to hear you are enjoying the settings.

Jason
post #1046 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanches42 View Post

I've played many many days of cod and I didn't notice any lag. I think playing on such a big TV is a disadvantage but no lag. Just make sure the TV is in game mode and you'll be fine. I also am playing on a 360 through an onkyo receiver.

I thought about this but I want to be immersed. I'm going to get some single player games and really enjoy them or replay some. I'm going to try to beat Final Fantasy and some other games. I really like watching my friends play video games too so I'll feel really immersed when they play lol.
post #1047 of 1482
I've been reading all these threads with interest. I just picked one of these up the weekend before last. A few things really bug me that maybe you can help me with:

1. Video lag - it's terrible with my surround sound system, and even bad with the TV speakers! Video mode seems the only solution, but less than ideal.

2. Aspect ratio handling - The "view mode" selections change based on source resolution. I'm using an Oppo 93 which upscales to 1080p. When watching 4:3 ratio programs, the Sharp still stretches it to fill the screen no matter what setting I try. If I reduce the Oppo resolution to 480p, the Sharp will display it properly, but poorly upscaled. Again, far less than ideal. I haven't even tried TV signals yet.

3. When using 480p signal, there still seems to be some processing going on even if I disable the 120hz processing. "Film Mode" settings are greyed out at this resolution.

These issues are really taking the fun out of this set, and I'm thinking of returning it. Does anyone have a solution for playing SD DVDs the "old fashioned" way? I had a Samsung 61" DLP that didn't have these problems.

Thanks in advance!
post #1048 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppetboy View Post

I've been reading all these threads with interest. I just picked one of these up the weekend before last. A few things really bug me that maybe you can help me with:

1. Video lag - it's terrible with my surround sound system, and even bad with the TV speakers! Video mode seems the only solution, but less than ideal.

2. Aspect ratio handling - The "view mode" selections change based on source resolution. I'm using an Oppo 93 which upscales to 1080p. When watching 4:3 ratio programs, the Sharp still stretches it to fill the screen no matter what setting I try. If I reduce the Oppo resolution to 480p, the Sharp will display it properly, but poorly upscaled. Again, far less than ideal. I haven't even tried TV signals yet.

3. When using 480p signal, there still seems to be some processing going on even if I disable the 120hz processing. "Film Mode" settings are greyed out at this resolution.

These issues are really taking the fun out of this set, and I'm thinking of returning it. Does anyone have a solution for playing SD DVDs the "old fashioned" way? I had a Samsung 61" DLP that didn't have these problems.

Thanks in advance!

change it to the setting " dot to dot "
post #1049 of 1482
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, "Dot to dot" doesn't work on 4:3 material. It's still stretched. And at lower resolutions than 1080p, dot to dot is not an available setting.
post #1050 of 1482
I have my direcTV out putting 1080i /1080p by default & all so have my onkyo 5008 upscaling to out putting 1080p The Sharp is set to dot by dot & the progamming NOT is stretched, not zoomed at all . don't know if this will help you in your situation ..............

dot to dot is only a 100% screen scan it does not stretch anything
a read ..
http://www.tlvexp.ca/2011/12/are-you...eople-are-not/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp 2011 LC-70LE632U Owner's Thread