Originally Posted by deathstar1000
They have confirmed with me that the warranty expires in February 2013. You know, I thought the issue would get better over time or I would get used to it and notice it less.
These are the pics I sent them. The 1st, 2nd & 7th pic show the DSE. You can also notice the darkened corners on the 7th pic too. The others show the cloudiness:
1st is unedited. The following 3 I just adjusted the brightness/contrast little by little so they could easily see it the problem.
Looking at these pictures, it looks like the set might be working within spec. Did you ever get a letter via email from Sharp, describing in detail the pictures that were needed?
In an effort to properly diagnose the issue you are experiencing with your television, please send photos (as attachments) to us at email@example.com. Ensure the total email size is no more than 10 MB. (If the total size of the email message exceeds 10 MB, divide the photos into multiple smaller-sized emails in order to send them to us.) Below are some guidelines to be used when taking photos:
* Send at least three (3) to five (5) photos as described below.
* All of the photos should be taken with active TV video on the screen rather than PC / Game system video or a plain black / grey screen. It is more helpful in diagnosing the issue.
* Take the photos directly in front of the TV (rather than at an angle).
* Turn off the camera flash to avoid reflections that can make the issue difficult to see.
* Be sure to use the highest resolution possible on your camera.
Please take at least three (3) full screen photos (showing the entire television screen and frame) with active TV video:
1. Press the MENU button on the remote control, and take a full screen photo with the TV Menu displayed.
2. Press the DISPLAY button, and take a full screen photo showing the on-screen display for every input available.
o On-screen display includes the input number, type of signal, resolution, audio type, etc.
3. Take a full screen photo without the TV Menu or on-screen display
4. Take any additional close-up photos that will help us identify the issue.
5. Take a photo of the model number and serial number sticker on either the rear or side of the unit.
Once we receive the photos, we will complete the evaluation and provide a response as soon as possible.
Thank you very much for your cooperation.