or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp 2011 LC-70LE632U Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sharp 2011 LC-70LE632U Owner's Thread - Page 3

post #61 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post


Yea I'm actually at -8, got a pretty dark basement. I am still debating if I want to exchange mine or not, but it seems like clouding is just something you have to deal with with these type of displays eh?

I guess so, re LCD's, but it's really not an issue, IMO. It doesn't impact the PQ of whatever you're watching, and you really don't even notice it, unless you're on this forum and look for it. My girlfriend, for example, has no idea what I'm talking about, doesn't notice anything, and thinks it looks great!
post #62 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltaz View Post

I guess so, re LCD's, but it's really not an issue, IMO. It doesn't impact the PQ of whatever you're watching, and you really don't even notice it, unless you're on this forum and look for it. My girlfriend, for example, has no idea what I'm talking about, doesn't notice anything, and thinks it looks great!

I agree if the clouding doesn't show up during playback at all or is hardly noticeable to tghe most critical eye I would say live with it. Now I had two sets where my GF noticed the clouding without me even having to point it out which is not acceptable. Seems like just as the manufacturers really got the hang at making screens with great uniformity and no defects they switched to LED and all the issues are back and as prevalent as ever.
post #63 of 1482
Got mine yesterday, rented an uhaul 10 truck, wanted the cargo vans but they didn't have any in stock. went to buy it in NH so it's tax free. Still have not unboxed it, the box is quite a bit larger than expected, but then again they needed to protect it, felt a lot more comfortable transporting this than a smaller plasma due to not being able to put the plasma face up or down, but always standing. On the plasmas you have to be careful transporting them, if you get it face down all the weight of the components will rest on the glass and could crack the glass. I had a tough time deciding since they had a little sale on the 733, but it was $550 which would be used for other things.

Now the hard part is finding the perfect stand, and another problem is that I have a huge central speaker the Cambridge Soundworks MC400 and it's a bit in the larger side. Would love to have a stand/cabinet that can accommodate that and the receiver and ps3.
post #64 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellover009 View Post

Now the hard part is finding the perfect stand, and another problem is that I have a huge central speaker the Cambridge Soundworks MC400 and it's a bit in the larger side. Would love to have a stand/cabinet that can accommodate that and the receiver and ps3.

Search on stands in the 732 thread. As the oldest of the Sharp 70's, it has the most stand options posted.
post #65 of 1482
I read the posts on this thread and on the 60 and 80 inch 632 models and decided to order one after just a quick look at the 60 and 80 at BB (they did not have the 70 in that model). I tried to order it from my local BB and the online one but I needed it delivered 300 miles away to my ski house in Mammoth Lakes, CA and as it was more than 50 miles away from the nearest BB, they would not deliver it.

I instead went to Paul's TV online (they have stores here in Southern CA but the stores only deliver in a 50 mile radius) and they had the same price as BB and would deliver it for free right to my house in Mammoth. Furthermore, they agreed to delay the shipping until I go up to Mammoth for the Christmas week.

They were actually out of stock on the online sales but if you don't mind waiting a few weeks (as above, it was a non-issue for me) when they get more in, they will put your order through and ship it when it arrives.

I also bought their TV stand, Innovex Black 65 which should accomodate most everyone's equipment.
post #66 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellover009 View Post

Got mine yesterday, rented an uhaul 10 truck, wanted the cargo vans but they didn't have any in stock. went to buy it in NH so it's tax free. Still have not unboxed it, the box is quite a bit larger than expected, but then again they needed to protect it, felt a lot more comfortable transporting this than a smaller plasma due to not being able to put the plasma face up or down, but always standing. On the plasmas you have to be careful transporting them, if you get it face down all the weight of the components will rest on the glass and could crack the glass. I had a tough time deciding since they had a little sale on the 733, but it was $550 which would be used for other things.

Now the hard part is finding the perfect stand, and another problem is that I have a huge central speaker the Cambridge Soundworks MC400 and it's a bit in the larger side. Would love to have a stand/cabinet that can accommodate that and the receiver and ps3.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Altra+-+...=1218140710448 .TRY this link,purchased yesterday ,put it together with wife 1 hour later .its a very nice stand ,looks very good and sturdy.cut out one of the center channel walls to fit center channel quick fix cant even tell from outside.my center is 20"...dont forget to price match to walmart has the same one for 1 hundred less
post #67 of 1482
Thread Starter 
Anyone got some cal settings to share yet for this model?
post #68 of 1482
TV Stands: I have the Salamander Triple 20. It fits my 70" JVC perfectly.




Granted, not cheap, but I love the stand and its VERY flexible design. Shelves can be positioned at ANY position, not just at pre-drilled presents like many other stands. That allowed me to bring the shelf up under my center channel speaker and make it look like it's built into the stand.

The stand measure 65-3/4" wide. The 70" Sharp TVs are 63-1/2" wide.

Mark
post #69 of 1482
Any difference between this and the 60' 32U model?

I'm thinking about returning my Samsung D6000 for this:
http://www.futureshop.ca/CATALOG/cat...ategory=HTPkg6

Good idea?
post #70 of 1482
I wouldn't even bother rolling out of my bed for a 60"....

Go big or go home!
post #71 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterInACage View Post

Any difference between this and the 60' 32U model?

I'm thinking about returning my Samsung D6000 for this:
http://www.futureshop.ca/CATALOG/cat...ategory=HTPkg6

Good idea?

What is it you may not like about the Samsung? As to the 60 and 70 632u, the 70" is full array led where the 60 is edge lit.
post #72 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy View Post

I wouldn't even bother rolling out of my bed for a 60"....

Go big or go home!

Couldn't agree more...after moving from a 58" Sammy to the 70" Sharp, it's amazing how much more the 70" adds, in terms of immersiveness...
post #73 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyeavt25 View Post

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Altra+-+...=1218140710448 .TRY this link,purchased yesterday ,put it together with wife 1 hour later .its a very nice stand ,looks very good and sturdy.cut out one of the center channel walls to fit center channel quick fix cant even tell from outside.my center is 20"...dont forget to price match to walmart has the same one for 1 hundred less

I don't see it on Walmart's website. Was it an instore only thing?
post #74 of 1482
So, I did some simple testing with Guitar Hero 3 calibration and got 3 ms lag in Game mode.

Compare that to 94 ms in Dynamic mode (where all the post-processing is turned on), I think it is safe to say that when playing games, you need to stick with the Game mode.

3 ms is pretty darn good.
post #75 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by yelnatsch517 View Post

I don't see it on Walmart's website. Was it an instore only thing?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Altra-61-T...e-Oak/15539797

this is the one they priced matched same model but diff color .He looked it up online

box is heavy and long 150lbs .center channel speaker hole is 18 3/4 w 12" h 18 d .
post #76 of 1482
One thing i have to say is off angle sucks for this tv .loses a lot of color .hopefuly will be better when calibrated, i will see if chad can do it when he is here for my panny vt.
post #77 of 1482
Thread Starter 
Anyone else notice that when watching football the further away shots of the plays seem kind of fuzzy, yet close up shots look nice and crisp?
post #78 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyeavt25 View Post

One thing i have to say is off angle sucks for this tv .loses a lot of color .hopefuly will be better when calibrated, i will see if chad can do it when he is here for my panny vt.

Agreed; I consider that the biggest negative with this panel (or any LCD, for that matter) vs. a plasma. The washout becomes noticeable about 30 degrees off-center. That said, i accept it for what it is, in order to get the 70" size...plus, I don't ever sit or seriously watch anything outside of the "sweet spot."
post #79 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post

Anyone else notice that when watching football the further away shots of the plays seem kind of fuzzy, yet close up shots look nice and crisp?

What network? I noticed today that Fox outputs in 720p, and it looks much better than CBS, which outputs at 1080i (I have Cox cable in Phoenix).
post #80 of 1482
I am so glad they have a thread for the LC70LE632U! I bought one from Costco on BF when they opened up at 9am here in Southlake, TX. Something funny..I was in line waiting for the opening and a man behind me was in line for a 55" Samsung he wanted to replace his plasma..I started talking to him about this awesome TV and all the features that by the time we walked into the store, he also grabbed one! I told him with football season and the Olympics next year, this was a no brainer for this price. He even helped me load one onto my cart!

I am VERY impressed with this set and after using the WOW Disney calibration BR, the picture in BR is out of this world. The only dilemma I have is when showing regular HD programming using Uverse is where I am trying to get the best setup. I know it depends on programming and every channel is different but a good decent setting is what I am looking for. If anyone has had good settings for regular HD channels, please share.. :-)

Anyone on the fence...GO BIG or GO HOME! ..that is what the lady beside us in line also dared the man I convinced... it was a great day! ;-)
post #81 of 1482
I definetely want to get this set. I have been on the fence between this and the 60" w/Quattron and 3D but I think the bigger screen is better. Where can I get the best deal on this and will there be CyberMonday sale on this anywhere? I figure if I can get it at around $1900 shipped it will be a great deal.
post #82 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanez View Post

I am so glad they have a thread for the LC70LE632U! I bought one from Costco on BF when they opened up at 9am here in Southlake, TX. Something funny..I was in line waiting for the opening and a man behind me was in line for a 55" Samsung he wanted to replace his plasma..I started talking to him about this awesome TV and all the features that by the time we walked into the store, he also grabbed one! I told him with football season and the Olympics next year, this was a no brainer for this price. He even helped me load one onto my cart!

I am VERY impressed with this set and after using the WOW Disney calibration BR, the picture in BR is out of this world. The only dilemma I have is when showing regular HD programming using Uverse is where I am trying to get the best setup. I know it depends on programming and every channel is different but a good decent setting is what I am looking for. If anyone has had good settings for regular HD channels, please share.. :-)

Anyone on the fence...GO BIG or GO HOME! ..that is what the lady beside us in line also dared the man I convinced... it was a great day! ;-)

Congrats!! I got mine from Costco on Weds evening, and watched football all day on Thanksgiving on it!! I'm a plasma guy, and have been VERY impressed also.

Can you share the calibrated BR settings that you end up with? I've monkeyed around a tiny bit with the settings off my cable box, and posted those earlier in this thread. BTW, I connect my cable box (Cox) to the panel via Component, not HDMI.
post #83 of 1482
Quote:


BTW, I connect my cable box (Cox) to the panel via Component, not HDMI.

Although quality may be somewhat comparable, why would you want to connect with component instead of HDMI?
post #84 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by somno View Post


Although quality may be somewhat comparable, why would you want to connect with component instead of HDMI?

The Cox tech that came out to do a hookup for me a year ago recommended Component over HDMI since none if the cable feeds are in 1080p, and you avoid the lag when switching channels.
post #85 of 1482
Does anyone know how I can use the 5ghz signal on my Wireless-N router instead of the 2.4Ghz one for this TV? It seems that the signal strength is really low with the 2.4Ghz and everything is buffering like crazy.
post #86 of 1482
waltaz, you should know better than to listen to a cable guy in regards to hidef...

You should really use the HDMI connection. You want bit per bit perfect transfer of information between the source and your TV. Even with 1080i content, you want the TV to get the information digitally. I would think there would be more lag with the TV converting the analog signal into digital.

As to the calibration. I am liking the picture better with backlight high and contrast (relatively low). I see that others have backlight low and contrast high. I am guessing that is because my TV is in my family room where there is a lot of ambient light and most of the settings are from guys with a dedicated HT room.

Anyone else who likes backlight higher?
post #87 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post

Looks like Fry's is gonna have t for 1500$ if you have one near you!

Did anyone actually get one at this price? If so, hell of a deal! If I don't find something tomorrow elsewhere I might just go ahead and pay the $1999 for it locally.

BTW, if anyone is curious, I'm going from a 7 year old 50" Panny DLP to this. The DLP handles up to 720p and I've replaced the bulb once, other than that it's been great. I wonder how the new 70 is going to look compared to this...
post #88 of 1482
HHGREGG currently has the price on this at their black friday price, plus a 10% promo code that also works on it which brings it down the the lowest price I've seen other than the Fry's door buster price.
post #89 of 1482
Yeah, too bad they are out of stock. With their promo code it's coming out to 1800 but I'm not sure if they charge shipping/tax because the site won't allow me to get to that point. I'll try again tomorrow but I'm not sure if I want to take the gamble with this company. I've read some bad reviews about customers receiving pre-used products, price fluctuations, bad cs, etc. We'll see tomorrow, but Thx for the heads up!
post #90 of 1482
This TV should really drop in price around the superbowl.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp 2011 LC-70LE632U Owner's Thread