or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Official JVC RS55/X70 owners thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official JVC RS55/X70 owners thread. - Page 102

post #3031 of 3669
That's the 2th unit I've noticed this.
First one was from 12/2011, starting with serial No. 156C00XX, my 2th. unit is from 02/2012, starting with 166C00XX, same behaviour.
My screen's wideness is 2,4m (16:9) / ~108 inch diagonal

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #3032 of 3669
I got a new spare lamp with my RS55 and how can I tell if it's a newer model lamp? It does not have that FLAP!
post #3033 of 3669
I was wondering if anyone can post link or file to discrete codes for RS55 including Lens memory, 3D pic setting, etc...
Thanks.
post #3034 of 3669
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidadi View Post

I was wondering if anyone can post link or file to discrete codes for RS55 including Lens memory, 3D pic setting, etc...
Thanks.

All the remote control IR (and 232 & LAN) Codes are documented in GaryB's Remote Control Guide.
post #3035 of 3669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof View Post

All the remote control IR (and 232 & LAN) Codes are documented in GaryB's Remote Control Guide.

Thank you, previous link wasn't working. That's what I was looking for.
post #3036 of 3669
Issues solved.

Turns out my issues were an easy fix. I simply had to unplug/reconnect the cable HD box. That wored.

And for the Oppo player, I talked with Oppo support and they suggested I empty the "permanent storage" option to flush memory. That worked too.
post #3037 of 3669
Is there any other simple calibration SW known than the comercials CalMAN & Chromapur?

CalMAN's JVC DDC does not work properly at the moment, and I don't know when Spectracal will provide a fix for the DDC mismatch issue, some JVC users did report in the CalMAN forum (including me). CalMAN requires, the JVC has to be set to HDMI RGB full range mode instead of YCbCr as usual. But to prevent a DDC data point addressing mismatch between JVC/CalMAN, I found out, the only one working way is to set the BR player (I use the AVSHD as pattern source) AND CalMAN also to RGB full range.

The crux: CalMAN does not allow to set his "levels" option to PC 0 ... 255, if "source settings" is set to the AVSHD cal disc! Disccussing this problem with a SpectraCal developer was pointless ... got no response for weeks. It seems so, they are not interested in. No reply, no short satus information ... just nothing! But now I don't want wait any longer.

So at the moment I'm searching for an other (simple) PC tool, who does support controlling the JVC via RS232 or LAN, to let me interactive adjust at least the user mode grayscale.

Any suggestions?
post #3038 of 3669
I noticed on the Pro JVC website, that there is a list of codes corresponding to each type of screen from different manufacturers.

The page is called "Screen Mode Chart".

Under screen adjust, my Stewart Filmscreen StudioTek 130 G3 screen is given code "71"...

Do I have to input this somewhere in the JVC RS55's menu? If so, how and where do I do this???

Here's the link:

http://pro.jvc.com/pro/attributes/PR...t_01042012.pdf
post #3039 of 3669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangevee View Post

I noticed on the Pro JVC website, that there is a list of codes corresponding to each type of screen from different manufacturers.

The page is called "Screen Mode Chart".

Under screen adjust, my Stewart Filmscreen StudioTek 130 G3 screen is given code "71"...

Do I have to input this somewhere in the JVC RS55's menu? If so, how and where do I do this???

Here's the link:

http://pro.jvc.com/pro/attributes/PR...t_01042012.pdf

you don't "have to", but you could. It is in one of the menu item called Screen mode JVC will likely change the black/white level a bit to fit your screen.
post #3040 of 3669
Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu View Post

you don't "have to", but you could. It is in one of the menu item called Screen mode JVC will likely change the black/white level a bit to fit your screen.

Can you tell me exactly how to input that (what menus, submenus, etc)?

Because I called JVC and the tech said it was the hardest question of the day. He couldn't give me an answer and said he'd look over it and call me back on Monday...

That's weird, because they talk about the screen mode chart on the Pro JVC website as a feature... And even they don't know how to input the numerical values based on what screen you own...
post #3041 of 3669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangevee View Post

Can you tell me exactly how to input that (what menus, submenus, etc)?

Because I called JVC and the tech said it was the hardest question of the day. He couldn't give me an answer and said he'd look over it and call me back on Monday...

That's weird, because they talk about the screen mode chart on the Pro JVC website as a feature... And even they don't know how to input the numerical values based on what screen you own...

Under installation --> Screen adjust. I am at work so i don't have access to my PJ, but according to the user guide, that is the place.
post #3042 of 3669
Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu View Post

Under installation --> Screen adjust. I am at work so i don't have access to my PJ, but according to the user guide, that is the place.

Ok, I think I found it. It's a three digit rectangle that appears, and it's at 0-0-0. You can dial in each individual digit to match your screen code.

For instance, in my case, I selected 0-7-1 for the Stewart Filmscreen StudioTek 130 G3 material.

Is this right?
post #3043 of 3669
yes.
You should notice a low color temp shifting when displaying a 100% white test pattern. I've measured the CCT of some codes and could notice that.
post #3044 of 3669
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Harry* View Post

My X70 runs for 99% in normal lamp mode for watching 2D movies.

Ah, I see. On my screen, I would need high lamp almost always (low gain), so that would be even worse for me. I hope some solution to this can be found!
post #3045 of 3669
Hi,

I tried programming my Logitech Harmony One remote to control my setup (JVC RS55 projector, Onkyo TX-NR3008 receiver and Oppo BDP-93 blu-ray player).

I managed to make the remote learn the "raw" command to power on the projector. That works great.

But I can't seem to get it to learn the power off command properly for the projector. We need to hit the "standby" button twice on our JVC projectors to get it to power off.

So I searched a bit on the forums, and noticed some have succesfully found a way by getting into the power management option of the Harmony software, and stating that it needs more than one command to turn on or off.

So I did that, and made the remote learn raw commands of power off. I tried using two power off commands. Did not work. I entered three power off commands. Did not work. I entered four power off commands, still doesn't work.

Can anyone here help me out with the power off function and how to properly set it up on the Harmony One remote? I need a detailed answer...

Thanks boys!
post #3046 of 3669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangevee View Post

Hi,

I tried programming my Logitech Harmony One remote to control my setup (JVC RS55 projector, Onkyo TX-NR3008 receiver and Oppo BDP-93 blu-ray player).

I managed to make the remote learn the "raw" command to power on the projector. That works great.

But I can't seem to get it to learn the power off command properly for the projector. We need to hit the "standby" button twice on our JVC projectors to get it to power off.

So I searched a bit on the forums, and noticed some have succesfully found a way by getting into the power management option of the Harmony software, and stating that it needs more than one command to turn on or off.

So I did that, and made the remote learn raw commands of power off. I tried using two power off commands. Did not work. I entered three power off commands. Did not work. I entered four power off commands, still doesn't work.

Can anyone here help me out with the power off function and how to properly set it up on the Harmony One remote? I need a detailed answer...

Thanks boys!

At the time I got my RS55, Harmony is not set up yet for it, so I just use the RS50. The code works exactly the same, so I have been using the power-off without any further programming. For the one that is new to RS55, you can still learn it. Hope that helps.
post #3047 of 3669
I have recently switched from a DVDO Duo to a Radiance XE3D which I have not done a calibration yet and therefore switched back to THX settings until I can calibrate with the new VP. I did not realize that THX also switched to a 3D THX mode for 3D movies (e.g. High power, etc.). Really does a great job in this mode and would recommend. Watched HTTYD 3D in the THX 3D mode and it was really well done. SJ
post #3048 of 3669
I have had similar problems with my Harmony remote (890) shutting off the projector. I have a JVC HD250 and an onkyo receiver. I have had trouble getting the harmony to shut off the projector. I found that if the receiver missed the signal, then the projector would receive the signals. I believe this is because of the HDMI handshake. I have tried sending multiple off signals to the projector and this is partially successful. My latest attempt was to use the HDMI-CEC control to have the receiver shut off the projector. My onkyo doesn't seem to be able to pass the off signal to the projector, but I suggest others try using the projector to turn off the receiver and then have the receiver send the off signal to the projector. Please tell me if this works for you. My receiver is now 3 years old and the HD250 is likely using much of the HDMI-CEC software from the RS10, so also older connectivity.
post #3049 of 3669
Sorry, I meant to say have the Harmony remote shut off the receiver and the receiver send the HDMI off signal to the projector.
post #3050 of 3669
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike View Post

Ah, I see. On my screen, I would need high lamp almost always (low gain), so that would be even worse for me. I hope some solution to this can be found!

I got shocked last WE.
Did some calibration measurings in high lamp mode.
While displaying an IRE 25 white test pattern in 1080p24, I saw this pulsing with highest intensity ever. I've check'd the reason why and could found that DMC was set to 1 (normally I have set DMC at 3; here it is less perceivable).

My conclusion: Pulsing in high lamp mode is more visible with DMC on, at IRE 20 ... ~ 60 white test pattern (full windowed). Btw.: My lensshift is set 50% downwards, but I think that doesn't matter.

Don't know, what I should do with my X70 ...
post #3051 of 3669
I'm still having trouble getting my Harmony One remote to shut the projector off with the rest of my equipment...

All my equipment is located at the front of my theater. So obviously, I point the Harmony One remote towards the front when I open or close activities.

That works perfectly for starting the watch a movie activity, as the projector seems to get the signal. I guess the signal bounces off my screen and goes to the back of the room all the way to the projector?

So why doesn't the "shut off" procedure work for that projector???

I called Logitech advanced support, and they wanted to charge me 30$ plus tax to help me out with the issue. So I said ok. After an hour on the phone, even they couldn't help me. It now has to go to a higher level and they'll get back to me...

Has anyone solved the power off issue with a RS55 projector and Harmony One remote????
post #3052 of 3669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangevee View Post

I'm still having trouble getting my Harmony One remote to shut the projector off with the rest of my equipment...

All my equipment is located at the front of my theater. So obviously, I point the Harmony One remote towards the front when I open or close activities.

That works perfectly for starting the watch a movie activity, as the projector seems to get the signal. I guess the signal bounces off my screen and goes to the back of the room all the way to the projector?

So why doesn't the "shut off" procedure work for that projector???

I called Logitech advanced support, and they wanted to charge me 30$ plus tax to help me out with the issue. So I said ok. After an hour on the phone, even they couldn't help me. It now has to go to a higher level and they'll get back to me...

Has anyone solved the power off issue with a RS55 projector and Harmony One remote????

As I told you, I have a RS55 and A Harmony One remote. I use the RS50 as the device, and I have no problem shutting it off. I will see the first message asking if I really want to shut it off, and then it will proceed to shut it down.
you might want to try changing your device to RS50, or at least try adding a RS50 device to it, and then use the power-off button and see if it works.

BTW, i assume you have setup the "power setting" to indicate you would press "power off" twice, have you done this?
post #3053 of 3669
Did you try learning the off code in the RAW format?
post #3054 of 3669
Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu View Post

As I told you, I have a RS55 and A Harmony One remote. I use the RS50 as the device, and I have no problem shutting it off. I will see the first message asking if I really want to shut it off, and then it will proceed to shut it down.
you might want to try changing your device to RS50, or at least try adding a RS50 device to it, and then use the power-off button and see if it works.

BTW, i assume you have setup the "power setting" to indicate you would press "power off" twice, have you done this?


You do have to execute the command twice but also add in a delay of at least one to two seconds. Prior to switching to IP control with my iPad my URC MX-850 would not always work on the second IR command until I added a two second delay.
post #3055 of 3669
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post

You do have to execute the command twice but also add in a delay of at least one to two seconds. Prior to switching to IP control with my iPad my URC MX-850 would not always work on the second IR command until I added a two second delay.

Yes I've tried learning the RAW commands with the Harmony One remote. Still did not work.

How do you add delays on the Harmony One remote???

And when you guys talk about power options, I added a second command, I even tried adding a third and fourth power off command. Still would not work...

The situation is now at Tier-2 level at Logitech headquarters... They will get back to me unless I resolve the issue before...
post #3056 of 3669
To adjust the delays, go to the device tab, projector settings, adjust the delays. You have to experiment with your setup because of the interaction with other component delays in your system. As an example, I set up the follow delays for my projector:
Power on delay: 0 ms
Inter-key delay: 100 ms
Input Delay: 1000 ms
Inter-device delay: 500 ms

By the way, this is one of my criticisms of Logitech; that they don't allow you to have more control of what you want to happen when you hit the off button. Another avenue you can take is to go through their help menu where you answer a series of questions that will direct you to the appropriate set of adjustments.
post #3057 of 3669
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr View Post

Another avenue you can take is to go through their help menu where you answer a series of questions that will direct you to the appropriate set of adjustments.

That's what is weird. In the turn off routine, the projector doesn't turn off, but if I hit the help button, it asks me:

Is the blu-ray off? I answer yes.

Is the receiver off? I answer yes.

Is the projector off? I answer no.

Then it sends a signal. Then the projector turns off.

But it doesn't memorize this for the next time... So that's really weird.

So power on works perfect. It's only the freaking power off routine that doesn't work and prevents me from fully enjoying the Harmony One...

Even Tier-2 level techs at Logitec have been on the issue for days now, still no resolution. And it's a PAID service (30$ plus tax!!!!) for one freaking function that I can't get to work right... That's ridiculous...
post #3058 of 3669
I'm sorry. When I suggested using "Help", I meant the "Troubleshooting" button in the device tab for the Projector. This is available when you connect the remote to your computer for programming. Under that option there are a list of problems that you can choose from that hopefully will direct you to a worthwhile programming option. In fact, the first question is, do you have a problem with turning your projector on and off. (By the way, if going through the help option built into the remote turns off the projector, you can be assured that it’s not the command itself that is not working.) It then suggests a default of 500 ms. But in your case I would raise it to 1000 ms just as an experiment.

You should also consider asking JVC technical support for help. I found them to be very helpful.
post #3059 of 3669
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Harry* View Post

That's the 2th unit I've noticed this.
First one was from 12/2011, starting with serial No. 156C00XX, my 2th. unit is from 02/2012, starting with 166C00XX, same behaviour.
My screen's wideness is 2,4m (16:9) / ~108 inch diagonal

The new model´s of lamp, os more ligtness than the otheer one?
post #3060 of 3669
@jaimemlg, I don't think so.

I think, the difference between the 2 lamp designs I could see, is regarding air flow.

If you look at the lamps front side, you can see a kind of funnel next to the reflector with the bulb. That's for cooling; air is coming from the JVC's fan, flowing through this funnel to cool down the bulb.

Now I've seen 2 different lamp designs:
The one, where is nothing mounted inside this funnel, and the other, where this funnel was equipped with a tin sheet metal + kind of a baffle.

Both factory new X70's I've had were equipped with the lamp w/o this metal.

The lamp design with metal I could only see, because JVC service had provided me a new lamp as replacement part for my 1st X70 regarding the pulsing issue in high lamp mode. But it hasn't solve this, so I returned the 1st X70. However, my 2th X70 is also affected. Now I do not ask for the other lamp design cause I know, it will not change anything in this case.

Regarding the sheet metal with the baffle I guess, that's for the projector's upside down mounting and a special airflow; because for what this baffle otherwise could be?

An other thought - maybe the metal equipped "funnel" results in a better cooling so the bulbs brightness get's more stability? I don't know for sure.

I really would like to know, what's the correct lamp design for our JVC's!
Maybe the lamp w/o metal+baffle is the special one, cause if I look closer at the pictures I've done for comparison, the lamp w/o metal also has the little noses for catching such a sheet metal ...

 

X70_lamp_designs.zip 498.6259765625k . file

 

X70_lamp_compartment.zip 119.123046875k . file
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Official JVC RS55/X70 owners thread.