or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Official JVC X30 / RS45 owner's thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official JVC X30 / RS45 owner's thread! - Page 135

post #4021 of 4435
Yes I quite agree that it's a very bad case for this individual, but I really think it isn't typical, just very unfortunate for this one buyer. I've read about other cases where JVC owners have been given newer models to replaced broken projectors, so they've got a free upgrade (like from an RS10 to an RS25 in one case and an RS25 to an RS50 in another). I don't know why Itowne is getting such poor service, but he is and it's very unfortunate, but so have many other makes of projector, so I wouldn't let it influence which projector to buy.

It was more the way your earlier post came across to me as if you were threatening JVC with not buying a projector from them, which kind of amused me as you've already bought one anyway and secondly, I really don't think they would be that bothered about an existing customer saying they won't buy again on a web page that has virtually disappeared now. Thirdly, if you don't have any issues with your RS45 (or if you get good service in the event of a repair) then I'd put money on you buying another. wink.gif

I think it's maybe a cultural thing though as I'm UK based. We might grumble a bit to each other about poor service, a crappy waiter in a restaurant, etc, but then we tend to just carry on and get on with it. Over here I see posts mentioning class action suits and things of that nature, it just wouldn't happen in the UK.
post #4022 of 4435
Well Kelvin, I was born in the UK and my mum lives there now, blame the parents. And don't underestimate my marginal propensity to consume. Not in a UK crackerbox (speaking from experience). Pool house could use one, looking at lake houses that would need one, and I have 5-6 friends with older other brands that will upgrade sometime and another ready to move from big box to PJ. And when it happens to you, I won't be suspect of a little justified grumbling.
post #4023 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltowne View Post

Well Kelvin, I was born in the UK and my mum lives there now, blame the parents. And don't underestimate my marginal propensity to consume. Not in a UK crackerbox (speaking from experience). Pool house could use one, looking at lake houses that would need one, and I have 5-6 friends with older other brands that will upgrade sometime and another ready to move from big box to PJ. And when it happens to you, I won't be suspect of a little justified grumbling.

I think you've slightly missed my point somehow: I totally understand how you feel and you have my sympathy completely not having a projector at this time of year can't be fun.

I was directing my comments at the other poster who seems angry on your behalf. He seems to be using your example as the sole reason why he should not buy another JVC product if you don't get a resolution quickly, yet is ignoring that many other brands have issues too that can be found by searching the web. Of course if it happened to him directly then I could see where he was coming from. I've had poor experiences over the years and naturally I tend to avoid buying from them now, as I suspect you will too.

However, even with your collection of friends and family, don't overestimate what little impact you will have on manufacturers: Last year I made multiple posts on different threads urging the new JVC buyers (RS45/55/65) to be cautious because of the issues with the previous series' lamps and firmware/lockup issues, knowing that JVC hadn't openly admitted to any issues with the lamps. I don't think anyone paid any attention biggrin.gif, apart from someone who sent me a PM saying that they didn't like the tone of my posts and that I should be grateful to the buyers of the new model as they will provide me with feedback. rolleyes.gif They still sold tons of the new range, people had lamp issues and lockups, many were given replacement lamps from JVC, some had to shout a bit for them and there are probably a few that unknowingly bought a new lamp out of their own pocket. In other words, I made no difference, so I accept that I am only a tiny speck on the face of AV...I'm sure you can find posts where I've been vocal about brands and models, but I don't fool myself that it's any more than having a rant with my 'virtual' friends as you might in a bar.

Once again, I hope you get a quick resolution so that you can enjoy a projector over the winter months. Thinking about it, maybe you could buy the one for your pool house now and stick two fingers up at JVC if it pleases you, by going elsewhere.
post #4024 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin1965S View Post

I think you've slightly missed my point somehow: I totally understand how you feel and you have my sympathy completely not having a projector at this time of year can't be fun.
I was directing my comments at the other poster who seems angry on your behalf. He seems to be using your example as the sole reason why he should not buy another JVC product if you don't get a resolution quickly, yet is ignoring that many other brands have issues too that can be found by searching the web. Of course if it happened to him directly then I could see where he was coming from. I've had poor experiences over the years and naturally I tend to avoid buying from them now, as I suspect you will too.
However, even with your collection of friends and family, don't overestimate what little impact you will have on manufacturers: Last year I made multiple posts on different threads urging the new JVC buyers (RS45/55/65) to be cautious because of the issues with the previous series' lamps and firmware/lockup issues, knowing that JVC hadn't openly admitted to any issues with the lamps. I don't think anyone paid any attention biggrin.gif, apart from someone who sent me a PM saying that they didn't like the tone of my posts and that I should be grateful to the buyers of the new model as they will provide me with feedback. rolleyes.gif They still sold tons of the new range, people had lamp issues and lockups, many were given replacement lamps from JVC, some had to shout a bit for them and there are probably a few that unknowingly bought a new lamp out of their own pocket. In other words, I made no difference, so I accept that I am only a tiny speck on the face of AV...I'm sure you can find posts where I've been vocal about brands and models, but I don't fool myself that it's any more than having a rant with my 'virtual' friends as you might in a bar.
Once again, I hope you get a quick resolution so that you can enjoy a projector over the winter months. Thinking about it, maybe you could buy the one for your pool house now and stick two fingers up at JVC if it pleases you, by going elsewhere.

Got it Kelvin. Cheers.. Well, good news, about 11:30 AM EST JVC called and asked if I would accept a refurbished unit. I told them I would and they said it would ship Monday AM. My installer made many calls and got to some fairly high level in national home theater sales with quite a few 'we're sorry's' but somewhere in there it got bumped to someone that fixed it. I think he did mention the press would be bad. A story though about social media I heard a president of a very large company tell this week, an airline broke a guys guitear, worht $3k and did not fix it, told him that was just too bad. He used many aspects of social media to complain and the national news picked it up. It got such press that story was actually credited with a 10% drop in stock price. I am in sales and marketing, and know of companies that have products to monitor thigs like tweets with feedback going to both marketing and engineering and when trends happen fixing them before they become an issue (not my company, but I sold to them). Anyway, if all goes well, I may have my beloved PJ by thanksgiving, or like you in the UK call good riddance day. So, back on topic, the RS-46 has RF 3-d emmitter, backward compatible but darn it, I bought all the IR stuff!!!
post #4025 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltowne View Post

SO I sent my RS in for repair 11/1, received 11/5/12 they finally looked at it 11/12,12 and then updated the status to "parts waitlisted' - today I called and they said the parts won't be in unitl AFTER CHRISTMAS! The woman on the phone thought it was funny! So no movies for any of the holidays! My installer is pretty small so we'll see but if they can't get it exchanged this is one household that will not EVER buy a JVC product again. 9 mos old, 147 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is important to point out the good corporations do, and I hope I am not jumping the gun here too much, but JVC called me back at 11:30AM EST to say they would send me a refurbished model and new warranty. I am not sure if it was my installers persistent campign or just doing the 'right thing' but at least for now it seems next week I will have another RS in time to watch all my mindless shows and movies by the holidays. So I am cautiously very optimistic! They said it would ship Monday. OK UPS, be nice to it!
post #4026 of 4435
Sounds like a result Itowne. cool.gif Shame they didn't make that offer straight away and keep you onside, but got there in the end. Even better if you get it for Thanksgiving day (though I never really understood what that is all about, I must read up redface.gif).

I'm seriously thinking about keeping my HD350 as a backup, just incase I have any issues with my X35. It's worth so little (maybe £650 or less) that it might be worth just having it ready as a fall back. It's not as if the picture is rubbish, just that (of course) I want to improve.
post #4027 of 4435
Need some advice please.

I'm currently on an Infocus IN78 with a ND2 filter on a 77" screen with a viewing distance of about 7.5ft
Would it be worth upgrading to the RS45 on this size screen for improved blacks and resolution?
With the ND filter a black display is about the same brightness as my standard 32" LCD TV in a bat cave environment.. Not sure if that's good or not? What can I expect from the RS45?

Thanks in advance :-)
post #4028 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocsen View Post

Need some advice please.
I'm currently on an Infocus IN78 with a ND2 filter on a 77" screen with a viewing distance of about 7.5ft
Would it be worth upgrading to the RS45 on this size screen for improved blacks and resolution?
With the ND filter a black display is about the same brightness as my standard 32" LCD TV in a bat cave environment.. Not sure if that's good or not? What can I expect from the RS45?
Thanks in advance :-)

I moved from the Infocus SP8602 to the RS45. From all I could read or find about Infocus projectors, the SP8602 had some of the best black levels/contrast of the Infocus line. The RS45 is in another league! No ND2 filter necessary. You'll see the difference as soon as you fire it up.
The Infocus still has great color, pop and sharpness. But for contrast you won't find another projector in this price range that truly comes close to the JVC RS45.
post #4029 of 4435
I need your advice please.
I want to buy this projector X30, and Mount it abour 15 feet away from my screen. I want to choose a 2:35:1 screen. Choices are 95" to 122" diagonal. Screen will be from Elite Screen Cinewhite 1.1 gain.

Using the Zoom for 2:35:1, would 122" give me a picture as good as the 95" screen??

This will be in a non dedicated livingroom with 10 feet distance between seating and the screen. Thank you.

Also, should I go for the tension or non tension screen? Thank you all in advance.
post #4030 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesyah View Post

I moved from the Infocus SP8602 to the RS45. From all I could read or find about Infocus projectors, the SP8602 had some of the best black levels/contrast of the Infocus line. The RS45 is in another league! No ND2 filter necessary. You'll see the difference as soon as you fire it up.
The Infocus still has great color, pop and sharpness. But for contrast you won't find another projector in this price range that truly comes close to the JVC RS45.

Thanks Joesyah, that's good info. How do you find motion handling on the RS45 compared to the SP8602? And do you also have bright corners? Wonder if it'll be worse on my 77" screen
post #4031 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardia View Post

I need your advice please.
I want to buy this projector X30, and Mount it abour 15 feet away from my screen. I want to choose a 2:35:1 screen. Choices are 95" to 122" diagonal. Screen will be from Elite Screen Cinewhite 1.1 gain.
Using the Zoom for 2:35:1, would 122" give me a picture as good as the 95" screen??
This will be in a non dedicated livingroom with 10 feet distance between seating and the screen. Thank you.
Also, should I go for the tension or non tension screen? Thank you all in advance.

Hi Bardia.

The setup you describe is very much like mine. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by will the 122" picture be as good as the 95". You will lose some brightness with the larger screen size but with a good lamp it should be no problem. I run a 120" 2.35 screen and have been able to keep the lamp in low mode with the arprature opened up for 2.35 content. For 16:9 content (about 92" on the same screen) you can keep the arprature clamped down until the lamp ages.
post #4032 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM555 View Post

Hi Bardia.
The setup you describe is very much like mine. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by will the 122" picture be as good as the 95". You will lose some brightness with the larger screen size but with a good lamp it should be no problem. I run a 120" 2.35 screen and have been able to keep the lamp in low mode with the arprature opened up for 2.35 content. For 16:9 content (about 92" on the same screen) you can keep the arprature clamped down until the lamp ages.

Thank you. My other question is that the bottom of the screen will bee 2.5 feet off the ground. Can the projector project on that screen from 14 feet away and up near the ceiling or do I need to either bring the projector down or raise the screen?

Also, when I zoom to 2:35:1, do I lose some of the definition and clarity, vs say using an anamorphic lens?
post #4033 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocsen View Post

Thanks Joesyah, that's good info. How do you find motion handling on the RS45 compared to the SP8602? And do you also have bright corners? Wonder if it'll be worse on my 77" screen

I don't see these bright corners others mention on my screen. I have to run the projector in hide screen mode and take a piece of white paper and put it up to the lens to see bright corners. While watching movies or TV it's a non-issue. The SP8602 has a tad better motion on sports. With movies or recorded programs the motion is just fine on the JVC. It doesn't bother me at all.
It's not as big of a deal as some try to make it out to be.This projector is going to blow you away! You'll literally have to go back and re-watch your movie collection. I can guarantee there are parts of those movies you haven't seen. Simply because the contrast didn't allow it.
post #4034 of 4435
Hi all, I just got an RS45 and im really impressed by the definition, brightness, colours and fantastic blacks, its even better than my old CRT ! ...my only issue is the weight of the thing, im a bit hessitant to hang it from the ceiling..eek.gif
but for now, its on a table.. im using an optoma panoview 120" remote screen at about 12ft

its my 2nd attempt at a new pj, not having had one for a few years,
I recently tried the Optoma HD33, but despite rave reviews, i HATED it. mad.gif.. the first one was faulty,fan failure, 3D didnt work at all..2nd one had lousy blacks, cheap build quality..medeocre 3D ( not that 3D is a big deal to me) Terrible RBE eek.gif all in all, a pretty poor projector imho..

Im so glad i bought the JVC its night and day difference to the optoma..cool.gif
Rob
Edited by rob12770 - 11/19/12 at 11:38pm
post #4035 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardia View Post

Thank you. My other question is that the bottom of the screen will bee 2.5 feet off the ground. Can the projector project on that screen from 14 feet away and up near the ceiling or do I need to either bring the projector down or raise the screen?
Also, when I zoom to 2:35:1, do I lose some of the definition and clarity, vs say using an anamorphic lens?
The x30 can project plus or minus upto 15 inches above or below the projector i think its 80% verticle and 35% horizontal, but if you lens shift 70% vertacle for example, you will only get about 5% horizontal..one dictates the other.
Edited by rob12770 - 11/19/12 at 11:40pm
post #4036 of 4435
Does anyone know where i can get the new RF emitter ? http://www.jvc.co.uk/product.php?id=PK-EM2&catid=100169
and new RF glasses ? http://www.jvc.co.uk/product.php?id=PK-AG3&catid=100169
i am in th UK
cheers Rob
post #4037 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobL View Post

Movement artifacts don't really have to do with frame rate. They have to do with pixel refresh rate and DLP is a clear winner over LCD and LCOS in this regard. .
in the real world i have to dissagree.. DLP is not all its cracked up to be, i recently got an optoma HD33 and it was garbage !
terrible RBE, you dont get that with lcd,lcos, as for motion handeling. again DLP is not all that...the JVC is FAAAAAR superior to the optoma.. in every way.
post #4038 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob12770 View Post

in the real world i have to dissagree.. DLP is not all its cracked up to be, i recently got an optoma HD33 and it was garbage !
terrible RBE, you dont get that with lcd,lcos, as for motion handeling. again DLP is not all that...the JVC is FAAAAAR superior to the optoma.. in every way.

No, just no. DLP natively has a response time ~1000 times faster than LCD and LCOS. As far as what you see on screen, it has a LOT to do with video processing if you are seeing motion issues on a DLP system. The Optoma is a garbage DLP machine compared to most others. The money simply isn't there to make the most of the DLP engine. The JVC, in regards to motion, is FAAAAR worse than almost all DLPs.
post #4039 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob12770 View Post

Hi all, I just got an RS45 and im really impressed by the definition, brightness, colours and fantastic blacks, its even better than my old CRT ! ...my only issue is the weight of the thing, im a bit hessitant to hang it from the ceiling..eek.gif
but for now, its on a table.. im using an optoma panoview 120" remote screen at about 12ft
its my 2nd attempt at a new pj, not having had one for a few years,
I recently tried the Optoma HD33, but despite rave reviews, i HATED it. mad.gif.. the first one was faulty,fan failure, 3D didnt work at all..2nd one had lousy blacks, cheap build quality..medeocre 3D ( not that 3D is a big deal to me) Terrible RBE eek.gif all in all, a pretty poor projector imho..
Im so glad i bought the JVC its night and day difference to the optoma..cool.gif
Rob

Hey Rob.. I just got a RS45 too and was a little wary about the" weightyness" of it. BUT... Mike over at AV Science set me up with a Chief brand hanging set up and it is as firm as cement... very solid.

~jay
post #4040 of 4435
Bummer - the 2 glasses and emitter kit cost 565$ over here :-(
post #4041 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardia View Post

Thank you. My other question is that the bottom of the screen will bee 2.5 feet off the ground. Can the projector project on that screen from 14 feet away and up near the ceiling or do I need to either bring the projector down or raise the screen?
Also, when I zoom to 2:35:1, do I lose some of the definition and clarity, vs say using an anamorphic lens?

I'm replying from work so don't have exact measurements but again this sounds very similar to my set up. I am using a 120" 2.35:1 screen, My basement has 9' ceilings and my JVC is mounted approximately 14' 9" from the screen and on a "low profile" mount that provides only about 4-5" of clearance between the projector and the ceiling. There is a single bulkhead on the ceiling about 3.5' in front of the screen which extends down about 10". My screen is mounted perhaps a little higher than it should be for optimal eye level viewing when seated on the couch (roughly 4.5' from floor to center of screen) but low enough to provide clearance for the projected image to clear the bulkhead. I believe the bottom of my screen is around 30 inches from the floor. When viewing regular 16:9 content the image clears the bulkhead above and there seems to be plenty of room to still shift the image down. How far I'm not completely sure. I use the zoom memory feature when watching 2.35 content and when doing part of the actual 16:9 image is projected onto the bulkhead (about 3" worth). Thanks to the great blacks of the X30 this can never be seen unless you flip to a 16:9 image while zoomed out (or in stupid dual format movies like Dark Knight).

For your exact set up you could probably make use of coderguy's excellent site; http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com/

I don't have, nor have sufficient experience even viewing, an anamorphic lens so I can't comment with any authority on the pros and cons. I can say that I would consider myself pretty discriminating though and I have no desire to acquire a lens for my set up. Thanks to the pixel density of the JVC LCOS panels I can get right up to the screen even when zoomed to the full 120" 2.35 image and have no issues with image quality. Technically you will get higher horizontal pixel density with an anamorphic lens but unless you pony up for very high quality optics it's apt to get lost in lower brightness or other lens distortions. I have seen many people on this board report that they use the "zoom method" to watch wide screen content with their X30's and I can't recall many expressing that they felt they HAD to get a lens. In fact it often seems to go the other way. Those that have a lens sometimes decide to sell it off after realizing the zoom method is pretty good on it's own.
Edited by BigM555 - 11/21/12 at 6:30am
post #4042 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT1AW View Post

Hey Rob.. I just got a RS45 too and was a little wary about the" weightyness" of it. BUT... Mike over at AV Science set me up with a Chief brand hanging set up and it is as firm as cement... very solid.
~jay
Hi jay, i got the Techniq Low Profile Ceiling Mount For JVC RS or X Series Projector (2nd one down in the specialist tab) its a solid plate, its more the ceiling joists strength im worried about , and my diy abilities rolleyes.gif im not as young as i used to be.. but nothing ventured, nothing gained i guess
cheers Rob smile.gif
Edited by rob12770 - 11/20/12 at 10:31pm
post #4043 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

No, just no. DLP natively has a response time ~1000 times faster than LCD and LCOS. As far as what you see on screen, it has a LOT to do with video processing if you are seeing motion issues on a DLP system. The Optoma is a garbage DLP machine compared to most others. The money simply isn't there to make the most of the DLP engine. The JVC, in regards to motion, is FAAAAR worse than almost all DLPs.
ive had a few DLP machines over the years, i dont see the JVC is any worse in regards to motion handeling at all, in fact, is i dont get that horrible RBE with the JVC, i rate it better..
RBE is (as far as im concerned) all about motion handeling..or lack of..after all, it rears its annoyingly ugly head in fast moving scenes mostly.

but.. i know what you mean in technical terms, in an ideal world, DLP would be better..but i have found, it is not. i have found lots of people ,like myself see RBE
oh and yes, i agree, the optoma HD33 is pretty garbage
Edited by rob12770 - 11/20/12 at 10:29pm
post #4044 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob12770 View Post

oh and yes, i agree, the optoma HD33 is pretty garbage

To be fair, the RS45 is (or was) almost 3x more expensive than the Optoma.
(and no, I don't own either)
post #4045 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob12770 View Post

ive had a few DLP machines over the years, i dont see the JVC is any worse in regards to motion handeling at all, in fact, is i dont get that horrible RBE with the JVC, i rate it better..
RBE is (as far as im concerned) all about motion handeling..or lack of..after all, it rears its annoyingly ugly head in fast moving scenes mostly.
but.. i know what you mean in technical terms, in an ideal world, DLP would be better..but i have found, it is not. i have found lots of people ,like myself see RBE
oh and yes, i agree, the optoma HD33 is pretty garbage

RBE has very little to do with motion. RBE effects mostly occur under two scenarios.

1.) The scene or shot is a "high contrast" one. This usually means things like whites on blacks. Examples would be when credits are rolling, a black and white movie or scene, star field shots.

2.) Brightness is the major reason why people see rainbows. The brighter the projector the more of a chance you're going to see separation artifacts. High brightness combined with a slower color wheel, or one that has less than 5 segments is usually RBE city. This is partly what I was talking about before about higher end DLPs. What you get typically is a 6 speed, 6 or 7 segment color wheel with the higher end models. You also get other cool things with the more expensive models like lamp modulation technologies. Osram's Unishape lamp technology has done wonders for the DLP world. You get better contrast and less RBE artifacts with the technology. Most of them are also not light cannons which is why you don't typically see a lot of complaints about higher end DLPs and RBE.

I just recently sold a JVC DLA-X3, a very current model, and motion is still a very big issue in my opinion and you'll see a lot of users on here who are on the same page as I am. I think it's one of the last major hurdles JVC needs to get over to give a practically flawless overall PQ package. Sony used to be on par with JVC in regards with motion and they have since did a complete overhaul to their LCOS chip and motion is no longer an issue for all but the pickiest. You may be one of the lucky ones who don't see the motion issues and I envy you. It's one of the only reasons I couldn't own a JVC. I won't be purchasing another unless they fix the issue like Sony did.
post #4046 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

RBE has very little to do with motion. RBE effects mostly occur under two scenarios.
1.) The scene or shot is a "high contrast" one. This usually means things like whites on blacks. Examples would be when credits are rolling, a black and white movie or scene, star field shots.
2.) Brightness is the major reason why people see rainbows. The brighter the projector the more of a chance you're going to see separation artifacts. High brightness combined with a slower color wheel, or one that has less than 5 segments is usually RBE city. This is partly what I was talking about before about higher end DLPs. What you get typically is a 6 speed, 6 or 7 segment color wheel with the higher end models. You also get other cool things with the more expensive models like lamp modulation technologies. Osram's Unishape lamp technology has done wonders for the DLP world. You get better contrast and less RBE artifacts with the technology. Most of them are also not light cannons which is why you don't typically see a lot of complaints about higher end DLPs and RBE.
I just recently sold a JVC DLA-X3, a very current model, and motion is still a very big issue in my opinion and you'll see a lot of users on here who are on the same page as I am. I think it's one of the last major hurdles JVC needs to get over to give a practically flawless overall PQ package. Sony used to be on par with JVC in regards with motion and they have since did a complete overhaul to their LCOS chip and motion is no longer an issue for all but the pickiest. You may be one of the lucky ones who don't see the motion issues and I envy you. It's one of the only reasons I couldn't own a JVC. I won't be purchasing another unless they fix the issue like Sony did.

Yeah my dlp had all of that. I could still see RBE when I wanted to.
post #4047 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post

To be fair, the RS45 is (or was) almost 3x more expensive than the Optoma.
(and no, I don't own either)
my pointis, there are nothing but great reviews for the HD33, but in my experience they are ALL wrong !
plus i got my rs45 for just £400 more than the optoma
post #4048 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

RBE has very little to do with motion. RBE effects mostly occur under two scenarios.
1.) The scene or shot is a "high contrast" one. This usually means things like whites on blacks. Examples would be when credits are rolling, a black and white movie or scene, star field shots.
2.) Brightness is the major reason why people see rainbows. The brighter the projector the more of a chance you're going to see separation artifacts. High brightness combined with a slower color wheel, or one that has less than 5 segments is usually RBE city. This is partly what I was talking about before about higher end DLPs. What you get typically is a 6 speed, 6 or 7 segment color wheel with the higher end models. You also get other cool things with the more expensive models like lamp modulation technologies. Osram's Unishape lamp technology has done wonders for the DLP world. You get better contrast and less RBE artifacts with the technology. Most of them are also not light cannons which is why you don't typically see a lot of complaints about higher end DLPs and RBE.
I just recently sold a JVC DLA-X3, a very current model, and motion is still a very big issue in my opinion and you'll see a lot of users on here who are on the same page as I am. I think it's one of the last major hurdles JVC needs to get over to give a practically flawless overall PQ package. Sony used to be on par with JVC in regards with motion and they have since did a complete overhaul to their LCOS chip and motion is no longer an issue for all but the pickiest. You may be one of the lucky ones who don't see the motion issues and I envy you. It's one of the only reasons I couldn't own a JVC. I won't be purchasing another unless they fix the issue like Sony did.
nope.
post #4049 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob12770 View Post

nope.
That was helpful:rolleyes:
post #4050 of 4435
biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Official JVC X30 / RS45 owner's thread!