or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp 2011 LC-60LE6300U Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sharp 2011 LC-60LE6300U Owner's Thread - Page 4

post #91 of 247
Is anyone else having issues with ghosting/motion blur on this set? It's kind of a strange thing and I could be I'm just not used to a set this big....

Mainly I see a lot of blur in actors faces, usually when they aren't even moving very quick. It's really only noticeable in dark scenes and is quite annoying. For example, I watched Revenge of the Sith on Blu-Ray and there is a ton of blur on Anakin's face in the opening scene when he is in the cockpit of his spaceship.

I'm coming from a Samsung LN46B750 and I never noticed this issue on that set. It's a traditional CCFL backlit TV and although rated at 240hz, I never ran any of the motionflow or smoothing technology.

The colors and clarity of the tv are great, but there are times where it looks like I'm using an older LCD monitor with a bad response time. I just can't believe this is the symptom as the TV set is rated at ~4ms response time and I have an Apple Cinema Display that has a ~12ms reponse time and I don't even get ghosting there.

I wonder if it has something to do with how the set is processing video, but it's really annoying. I guess the solution is to turn on the Motion enhancing features but I never noticed this on my other standard 60hz setup.

Any suggestions?
post #92 of 247
As with other people am not getting any digital audio out when using an HDMI source, hope that someone has a solution, great TV otherwise, but need sound!
post #93 of 247
On the fence now on purchasing after everything I'm reading. Are the issues people are seeing correctable? (adjusting color, sound, etc)
post #94 of 247
So I just did a test of a straight blu-ray from the ps3 into both televisions (Samsung LN46B750 and this Sharp) without any sort of motion enhancement, noise reduction, edge sharpening....just a basic picture.

I am absolutely astounded at how smudged the picture is on the Sharp. It ghosts/blurs at even the slightest movement. Do all 60 sharps share the same panel or is this something to do with it being the lower end model? I am absolutely astounded at how much sharper the picture is on my ~3 year old TV.

Am I missing something...is this just the nature of large displays? Something just doesn't seem right here.
post #95 of 247
Perhaps there is just something wrong with your set. I have not noticed any abnormal amount of blur in my HD cable or the one Blu ray of Thor that I watched.

Then again my previous TV was a 27" CRT.
post #96 of 247
I'm seriously confused about users reporting blurring and audio problems with HDMI/optical I am having none of these issues.

Concerning blurring/judder, I have owned about 5 different LCD sets, many being native 60hz before the 120/240hz tech had been released. I find that if you disable the 120/240hz on these newer sets, the 60hz performance of them will not be as good as the older panels. That's why I've always enabled the 120hz to some degree, it's almost like they cripple the 60hz to show you the benefit of the 120/240hz so you "spend the extra $" for it. I swear that is true after comparing my 60hz on older LCD's to my newer Samsung, Sony, Sharp sets.

For the audio I am using an old 5.1 Sony HTIB via optical connection with the Sharp. I have many components running via HDMI into the TV and I have no problem enabling the 5.1 sound via my receiver. Can anyone be more specific that is having these troubles? IE you're running optical out to a receiver and then running HDMI from the receiver into your components (for audio) or are you running HDMI from your components direct to the Sharp and then running optical out of the set to your receiver? There was an option you have to change/enable in the menu to get the optical output to work, pretty sure it disables the TV speaker volume also. I'll have to check tonight.

Still very pleased with the set, I have made some minor tweaks and my edge light leakage is very minimal now. Every night since I got it I'm still very imporessed with the clarity, motion, size of it, love it.
post #97 of 247
Maybe they do intentionally ignore "normal" 60hz performance. I do like this panel....the blacks are gorgeous and spotlighting is only visible in one corner on a all black screen....very impressive.

I guess even with 120hz enabled, I still get a fair amount of blur in DARK SCENES. Bright scenes, no issue, it's just in dark areas things start to really smudge. It may just be the downfall of this panel and unfair to compare it to a CCFL 240hz set. I just know the Samsung appears sharper in motion.

That may just be the tradeoff of a larger panel or maybe I just had a really good sample of that Samsung. Either way, I can't imagine the Sharp is defective, as everything seems to be working. I'm not even sure how I'd show the issue to Sharp.
post #98 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalyst6 View Post

Maybe they do intentionally ignore "normal" 60hz performance. I do like this panel....the blacks are gorgeous and spotlighting is only visible in one corner on a all black screen....very impressive.

I guess even with 120hz enabled, I still get a fair amount of blur in DARK SCENES. Bright scenes, no issue, it's just in dark areas things start to really smudge. It may just be the downfall of this panel and unfair to compare it to a CCFL 240hz set. I just know the Samsung appears sharper in motion.

That may just be the tradeoff of a larger panel or maybe I just had a really good sample of that Samsung. Either way, I can't imagine the Sharp is defective, as everything seems to be working. I'm not even sure how I'd show the issue to Sharp.

Let me know what settings you're using and if there is a any specific movie/content you are seeing the blurring in dark scenes, I can test my set with it & your settings.
post #99 of 247
Unfortunately, everytime I turn the TV on it defaults to the AV Mode "Dynamic (Fixed)". While this mode looks spectacular, I prefer a more subdued mode, which I have configured under the AV Mode "User". How can I change the default AV Mode to "User"? I have read the owners manual several times and cannot figure out how to do so.
post #100 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by coover View Post

Unfortunately, everytime I turn the TV on it defaults to the AV Mode "Dynamic (Fixed)". While this mode looks spectacular, I prefer a more subdued mode, which I have configured under the AV Mode "User". How can I change the default AV Mode to "User"? I have read the owners manual several times and cannot figure out how to do so.

I think I found your problem, see this, sounds like your TV's location is set to STORE:

In the TV Menu under initial setup, select EZ SETUP to verify the location of the television. Select LOCATION and HOME as the television’s location. If the TV location is set to STORE and you change the A/V Mode, it will default back to DYNAMIC FIXED after 30 minutes.

Hope that helps!
post #101 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBel View Post

Let me know what settings you're using and if there is a any specific movie/content you are seeing the blurring in dark scenes, I can test my set with it & your settings.

Do you have Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith on Blu-Ray?
post #102 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalyst6 View Post

Do you have Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith on Blu-Ray?

Yes def, I'm using a PS3 for my BD playback btw.
post #103 of 247
I'm coming from a 42" 60Hz LCD Olevia (LG Panel) and I too notice a lot of blur. It does seem worse when using 720p content, so maybe the upscaling is the problem. I have a 60Hz 32" Toshiba that has no blur issues as well. I thought it must be because it is scaling everything up so much, but I'm convinced it's the video processor in the TV itself.

I have tried every combination of Motion Enhancement and Film Mode with no real improvement. I have a feeling an LG 60" plasma or 55" Sony/Samsung LED is in my future. As much as I like the size and price, the blur and slight dark areas at the top have me considering a return.
post #104 of 247
Is your blu-ray playback set for 24Hz or 60Hz?

I have the 60LE632 and actually notice more jitter and motion issues when set to 24Hz, try 60Hz.

I am using GAME mode (calibrated) and a Samsung BD6900 blu ray player (have PS3 and PC as well but have not analyzed blu-ray playback via those devices as of yet).

I popped in ROTS, try chapter 8, as Grievous ship is lowering into the pit, and you should be able to see the obvious differences between 24 & 60 Hz with the Sharp LE6xx series displays.

* Avoid using Film Mode and Motion Enhancement. Also if you are coming from Plasma or DLP do not expect the same smooth motion, most LCD's simply do not compare in this regard.


Jason
post #105 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBel View Post

Yes def, I'm using a PS3 for my BD playback btw.

Pop in Revenge of the Sith -- time: 32misn 20secs - 32mins 25secs, when Anakin is getting up off of the sofa. Watch his face, it ghosts like all hell and just smears across the screen.

This is with Motion Enhancement on HIGH and Film Mode on Advanced (High), using the calibration settings found on the first page of this thread.
post #106 of 247
No motion issue here at 32:20-32:25 with ROTS.

Jason
post #107 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

No motion issue here at 32:20-32:25 with ROTS.

Jason

Do you have the 6300 or some other 60 model? Wondering if the processors in the models are different or if this is a dud.
post #108 of 247
I have the 60LE632 so they could be different*, although it is unlikely that they are since Sharp uses the same firmware across several different models in the LE63x series.

* They are indeed different.

Jason
post #109 of 247
I'm just wondering if the video processing hardware is lesser quality. Wonder if its worth trying to compare.
post #110 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBel View Post

I'm seriously confused about users reporting blurring and audio problems with HDMI/optical I am having none of these issues.

Concerning blurring/judder, I have owned about 5 different LCD sets, many being native 60hz before the 120/240hz tech had been released. I find that if you disable the 120/240hz on these newer sets, the 60hz performance of them will not be as good as the older panels. That's why I've always enabled the 120hz to some degree, it's almost like they cripple the 60hz to show you the benefit of the 120/240hz so you "spend the extra $" for it. I swear that is true after comparing my 60hz on older LCD's to my newer Samsung, Sony, Sharp sets.

For the audio I am using an old 5.1 Sony HTIB via optical connection with the Sharp. I have many components running via HDMI into the TV and I have no problem enabling the 5.1 sound via my receiver. Can anyone be more specific that is having these troubles? IE you're running optical out to a receiver and then running HDMI from the receiver into your components (for audio) or are you running HDMI from your components direct to the Sharp and then running optical out of the set to your receiver? There was an option you have to change/enable in the menu to get the optical output to work, pretty sure it disables the TV speaker volume also. I'll have to check tonight.

Still very pleased with the set, I have made some minor tweaks and my edge light leakage is very minimal now. Every night since I got it I'm still very imporessed with the clarity, motion, size of it, love it.

I am trying to run HDMI from components direct to the Sharp and then running optical out of the set to the receiver? does not work but tuner/coax from Sharp via optical does work. blue ray and pc doesnt work /no sound. I have to go hdmi to receiver and then to Sharp. I have to switch source on receiver as well as t.v. to go between components.
post #111 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBel View Post

I think I found your problem, see this, sounds like your TV's location is set to STORE:

In the TV Menu under initial setup, select EZ SETUP to verify the location of the television. Select LOCATION and HOME as the television's location. If the TV location is set to STORE and you change the A/V Mode, it will default back to DYNAMIC FIXED after 30 minutes.

Hope that helps!

I think that will do it. When I originally set up the TV, I wasn't sure how the menu worked. By the way, the EZSetup is greyed out unless a reset is done.

Thank you very, very much!
post #112 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalyst6 View Post

Pop in Revenge of the Sith -- time: 32misn 20secs - 32mins 25secs, when Anakin is getting up off of the sofa. Watch his face, it ghosts like all hell and just smears across the screen.

This is with Motion Enhancement on HIGH and Film Mode on Advanced (High), using the calibration settings found on the first page of this thread.

I took a look at the scene you mentioned but really couldn't see anything blaringly bad about the motion. It's a dark scene as he gets up and if you hadn't mentioned to look specifically for it, I really wouldn't have thought twice. My vision isn't great but I was up close to the set to look hard at the scene. Nothing really jumped out at me that looked bad or wrong, so I'm not sure on this one..

Have you seen the blurring/smearing anywhere else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coover View Post

I think that will do it. When I originally set up the TV, I wasn't sure how the menu worked. By the way, the EZSetup is greyed out unless a reset is done.

Thank you very, very much!

Good to know on the reset, glad you had taken down your settings, happy to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrykw View Post

I am trying to run HDMI from components direct to the Sharp and then running optical out of the set to the receiver? does not work but tuner/coax from Sharp via optical does work. blue ray and pc doesnt work /no sound. I have to go hdmi to receiver and then to Sharp. I have to switch source on receiver as well as t.v. to go between components.

That is so odd, I am doing the exact same thing & having no issues. I run my 360, PS3, & TivoHD direct into the set via HDMI. I run my optical out from the set to my Sony 5.1 and I am getting proper 5.1 sound on all components. I did have to change a setting in the TV I believe it was under the "audio" or possibly the "set-up". It wasn't obvious, like a "turn speakers off" setting but it did disable the speakers when I changed it and my receiver took over. I will look tonight, sorry I meant to check it out. I think it had something to do with enabling HDMI audio or something along those lines. Have you checked at all or tinkered?

What is your reciever btw?
post #113 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBel View Post

I took a look at the scene you mentioned but really couldn't see anything blaringly bad about the motion. It's a dark scene as he gets up and if you hadn't mentioned to look specifically for it, I really wouldn't have thought twice. My vision isn't great but I was up close to the set to look hard at the scene. Nothing really jumped out at me that looked bad or wrong, so I'm not sure on this one..

Have you seen the blurring/smearing anywhere else?



Good to know on the reset, glad you had taken down your settings, happy to help!



That is so odd, I am doing the exact same thing & having no issues. I run my 360, PS3, & TivoHD direct into the set via HDMI. I run my optical out from the set to my Sony 5.1 and I am getting proper 5.1 sound on all components. I did have to change a setting in the TV I believe it was under the "audio" or possibly the "set-up". It wasn't obvious, like a "turn speakers off" setting but it did disable the speakers when I changed it and my receiver took over. I will look tonight, sorry I meant to check it out. I think it had something to do with enabling HDMI audio or something along those lines. Have you checked at all or tinkered?

What is your reciever btw?

Reciever is Onkyo HT-RC360
model for T.V. is LC-60LE6300U

many of the settings for audio are grayed out.

one setting is set for dolby digital. the other option is PCM

menu-setup-audio setup- dolby digital
post #114 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by coover View Post

I think that will do it. When I originally set up the TV, I wasn't sure how the menu worked. By the way, the EZSetup is greyed out unless a reset is done.

Thank you very, very much!

Yes, the TV was set to the STORE settings rather than the HOME settings. And a reset was necessary in order to get EZSetup to become available.
post #115 of 247
My picture is correctly centered, but I am missing a small amount of the picture on all edges. According to a test pattern I have available, I have 4 1/2 % overscan on all edges.

Is there anyway I can correct this without calling a TV repairman, or is it something I must live with? Frankly, I hardly notice it, but if it is something that can be easily corrected, I would like to correct it.
post #116 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by coover View Post

My picture is correctly centered, but I am missing a small amount of the picture on all edges. According to a test pattern I have available, I have 4 1/2 % overscan on all edges.

Is there anyway I can correct this without calling a TV repairman, or is it something I must live with? Frankly, I hardly notice it, but if it is something that can be easily corrected, I would like to correct it.

Press "view mode" on the remote and then select dot by dot.
post #117 of 247
I've got this TV on BF and can't get colors set up correctly. I tried settings posted earlier in a thread and there is still way too much green in my opinion. Sometimes I can see greenish tint on faces or even on hair. I tried multiple sources - blue ray, WD media player, and Dish High Def receiver. I know there is no individual RGB settings on this TV and it would really help. Is there a way to turn down individual colors using service menu?
post #118 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by skimanreplay View Post

As with other people am not getting any digital audio out when using an HDMI source, hope that someone has a solution, great TV otherwise, but need sound!

I have had the same issue a few times. I found that if I muted the tv and then unmuted it the sound came back.
post #119 of 247
I've noticed that on dot-by-dot view mode, there is slight border (about 3/16") on the left and top sides of the panel. However, that slight border of unfilled screen is filled when switching to other view modes. It's not the source (same results on hd cable, bluray, and pc). Not a deal breaker, but still annoying when it seems like a firmware update could fix this.
post #120 of 247
When I called Sharp for help. They led me thru a way to turn speakers off to the T.V. (with the hope of trying to get the audio to work thru hdmi to the reciever-did not work)

anyhow. anyone know how to turn them back on?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp 2011 LC-60LE6300U Owner's Thread