or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Yamaha receiver drops out voice audio only
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamaha receiver drops out voice audio only

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
My 6-7 year old Yamaha receiver has recently developed an odd problem. Once it's been on 20-30 minutes it will start dropping the voice part of the audio. It's most notable while watching football. For instance you can still hear the crowd noise, on field noises etc. but the announcers go away or sound like they're really muffled. Any idea why? Is it time for a new receiver?
post #2 of 10
Center channel amp or wiring.
post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
Well the wiring hasn't been touched in years...but I guess I could switch it to check if it's the wiring. Thanks for the reply.
post #4 of 10
It's the center and/or fronts. Crowd noise typically comes from the surrounds.
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Due to my living conditions I don't have any surrounds hooked up so that's not the issue.
post #6 of 10
My Yamaha is doing the opposite. In the "Neo 6 Audio" position, I am hearing voice from my center speaker coming out of my left speaker a few seconds at a time.
Also, I tried to use the Microphone to set up the speakers again and it keeps telling me to plug in the Mic, which it is. Lastly, when I used to turn on the speaker the Volume was the same as it was when I turned it off. Now there is no sound when I turn it on, and I have to turn up the Volume. I was fooling around with the "Volume Trim" on the Receiver. Possibly that may be the problem but I don't know what to do to fix the Volume problem.
Thanks, ptfitzy
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVLSandlapper View Post

Due to my living conditions I don't have any surrounds hooked up so that's not the issue.

What's your speaker setup?
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfitzy View Post

My Yamaha is doing the opposite. In the "Neo 6 Audio" position, I am hearing voice from my center speaker coming out of my left speaker a few seconds at a time.
Also, I tried to use the Microphone to set up the speakers again and it keeps telling me to plug in the Mic, which it is. Lastly, when I used to turn on the speaker the Volume was the same as it was when I turned it off. Now there is no sound when I turn it on, and I have to turn up the Volume. I was fooling around with the "Volume Trim" on the Receiver. Possibly that may be the problem but I don't know what to do to fix the Volume problem.
Thanks, ptfitzy

I have a 3 Speaker Set up with a Subwoofer. They are all "BIC" Speakers 2 floor Speakers, a Center Speaker and a Subwoofer. Reference the Speaker Volume where it does not stay at the level I turned it off at, I have no sound. I have to turn up the Speaker. I messed around with the "Volume Trim". I went back to that setting but all it gives me is a choice of raising the level. It didn't fix the problem.
I don't know why the "YPAO" Mic won't work when I do the Speaker Set up. I get to "Insert Mic" and click on enter and it stays on "Insert Mic".
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
post #9 of 10
Have you found a fix / cause for this? I have an RX-V867 wired 5.1 and after so long of watching (any source) the audio drops out. I can still hear the low bass signal coming from the sub, but thats all. The receiver does NOT shut off, and when trying to run the test tone from the AVR the speaker is dead silent.

The last time it happened I got frustrated and shut it off. Hour or so later I tried again and it worked, but just for a few minutes.

Does anyone have any thoughts? It worked perfectly fine for the last seven months, and has been giving me fits the last few days... Thanks in Advance..


*everything is wired HDMI into the AV
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by md412 View Post

Have you found a fix / cause for this? I have an RX-V867 wired 5.1 and after so long of watching (any source) the audio drops out. I can still hear the low bass signal coming from the sub, but thats all. The receiver does NOT shut off, and when trying to run the test tone from the AVR the speaker is dead silent.

The last time it happened I got frustrated and shut it off. Hour or so later I tried again and it worked, but just for a few minutes.

Does anyone have any thoughts? It worked perfectly fine for the last seven months, and has been giving me fits the last few days... Thanks in Advance..


*everything is wired HDMI into the AV


Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue? It was working fine for a little while and now it loses the audio signal again. It doesn't shut off so I know its not the overheating prevention feature. All I can hear is a low rumbling from the sub.

Help!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Yamaha receiver drops out voice audio only