or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Official Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5010 / 6010 thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5010 / 6010 thread - Page 56

post #1651 of 3324
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42Plasmaman View Post

Here's a good read on high power screens

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=773065

He never tested Stewart but only offered opinions when ask.
post #1652 of 3324
Hi,

Would someone be willing to post DIP Switch settings on the 5010/6010?
Pretty please with sugar on top?


For the 3010 you get to this information with the remote, hopefully same:
1) Hold down MENU for 8 seconds, release
2) Hit ESC twice
3) A menu of information appears
4) Hold down MENU another 8 seconds, release
5) Hit ESC twice

Now you should be at a screen where you can arrow up and down, and for each DIP switch see the bit settings of that one. Very curious to see how it's configured differently from the 3010.

Thanks!
post #1653 of 3324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divedoc View Post

Hello again...

Now I have tried the thing with the pixel-alignment. It works as follows:

1. Switch on the PJ

2. Press and hold the Menu-Button for 8 sec.

3. Press the ESC-Button twice

Now a new Window with Informations about the Beamer appears. With the
"Arrow-right" and "Arrow-left"-Button you can see several other Information-Windows.

4. Press again the Menu-Button for 8 sec.
5. Press again the ESC-Button twice.

Now a new Windows appears. On the left side you see 6 lines named
"DIP-SW1" to "DIP-SW 6". Move with the "Arrow-down-Button" to "DIP-SW 6" and press "Enter".

On the right side there are 8 lines named "Bit 0" to "Bit 7" and then "0" and "1" with a white (=deactivated) or green (=activated) Rectangle before the 0 or 1.

Move now with the "Arrow-down"-Button to the line named "Bit 5" and then activate with the "Arrow-right"-Button.

Don't change other bits or DIP-Switches!

Now press Enter and then leave the menu by pressing ESC twice.

Now switch off the PJ and then on again.

Now you can find a new submenu named "LCD Alignment" in the "Advanced"-Submenu. Here you can adjust the pixel alignment, you can activate or deactivate the adjustments or reset them.

The "LCD Alignment"-submenu will appear now permanently in the "Advanced"-Submenu until you deactivate "Bit 5" in DIP-SW 6.

The function of the other bits and DIP-Switches is unknown so far...I will play with them a bit and then report here...

Warning: As the function of the other bits and DIP-Switches is unknown, any change might cause problems and/or void warranty...so use it on your own risk...!

Best wishes from good old germany
Michael

Divedoc you are one super cool dude !

A bunch of 3010 owners have enabled this secret LCD alignmnet menu and are super thrilled with the results.

We are now suspecting there are other hidden goodies that we would like to uncover.

A heartfelt and humble appeal to some generous 5010 owners out there: Could one of you please send the pictures or settings you have for all your dip switches please ?
post #1654 of 3324
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42Plasmaman View Post

Not sure which Harmony remote you have but my 550 has the option in the menu's to select the sequence of how each device is powered on.

It's located some where under the Activity options.

Make the Oppo the last device to be turned on and the Epson the first.

I have a Harmony One to handle all the new gear, but it is still in the box. Thanks for the heads up, I'll look for that option when I set it up.
The OPPO update is on their site, and I loaded it last night. I didn't get the not supported message, but still got no signal to the Epson no matter what sequence I tried. After unplugging one HDMI on the OPPO it worked fine. I'm sure there is something I'm doing wrong, but can't one have two connections from the OPPO and switch accordingly? I have one out from the OPPO running to the Denon for the Plasma, and another to the Denon with different settings for the Epson as I'm going to run a Lumagen for that.
All this new gear at once with all these new menues......
post #1655 of 3324
Got my 5010 today at 1:00 PM. Last 12 hours have been crazy... watched a few 3D flicks (Avatar / Tron), Documentaries (Hubble 3D), Movie Samples (LOTR, Harry Potter).

The 5010 is freaking amazing !


Basic settings, no calibration, opened the box, mounted it, viewing in Dynamic mode.

I think I need to do basic keystone + aligning the screen... there is a small offset of the margins. Other than that.. perfect.

Thank you all for all inputs / recommendations.

Still...Cant.... get... enough....
post #1656 of 3324
i just stumble on this thread so I did the firmware check. I bought my 5010 back in Feb and it came with v104, im happy lol
post #1657 of 3324
Hi guys.

I'm about to buy a projector and the Pro cinema 6010 looks really cool.
I watch movies, but also a lot of gaming.

Anyone tested the input lag after the new firmware with this projector?

Thanks
post #1658 of 3324
Hi,

Would someone be willing to post DIP Switch settings on the 5010/6010?


You get to this information with the remote:
1) Hold down MENU for 8 seconds, release
2) Hit ESC twice
3) A menu of information appears
4) Hold down MENU another 8 seconds, release
5) Hit ESC twice

Now you should be at a screen where you can arrow up and down, and for each DIP switch see the bit settings of that one. Very curious to see how it's configured differently from the 3010.

Thanks!
post #1659 of 3324
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsharma View Post

I think I need to do basic keystone + aligning the screen... there is a small offset of the margins. Other than that.. perfect.

Thank you all for all inputs / recommendations.

Try to stay away from keystone settings if you can, and enjoy! Link to a little info that enlightned me.

http://www.projectorreviews.com/advi...alkeystone.php
post #1660 of 3324
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackF1re View Post

Hi guys.

I'm about to buy a projector and the Pro cinema 6010 looks really cool.
I watch movies, but also a lot of gaming.

Anyone tested the input lag after the new firmware with this projector?

Thanks

I highly doubt a firmware update will have very much effect on the lag with this projector. With all connections being equal it's most likely more of a hardware issue. There was a response from Epson to someone regarding the issue I found, in short,

"Also the gaming sucks bad on this projector because of the lag. will it be any updates to fix this?
ANSWERS FROM THE EPSON TECH
Thank you for contacting Epson.
For both issues, as a test, directly connect the PS3 then the DirecTV box to the projector. This will bypass the A/V receiver. More than likely the image from the DirecTV will be ok but the PS3 will still do the issue. This is because the DirecTV signal is 1080i and doesn't require as much bandwidth to display as a full 1080p signal does. When displaying the home screen with the settings, the signal is a full 1080p signal but when the movie plays it is probably a 1080p with 24 fps signal that doesn't require as much bandwidth as a full 1080p signal. This all leads up to being a cable length issue. This can be tested by connecting a shorter cable as a test. We only guarantee the signal will work from source to projector with a 15 ft HDMI cable. In order for you to still use the 40 ft HDMI cable, you will need to purchase an HDMI signal booster. This will amplify the signal across the long run to the projector.
Unfortunately there will be no update to the lag for gaming. The lag is caused by a hardware component and not just the firmware. Some games do have a setting to calibrate the controller to the video being displayed.
If you require further assistance with this particular issue, please ensure all of our previous correspondence is contained in your reply, so we can better track the history of this issue."
post #1661 of 3324
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnabq View Post

I highly doubt a firmware update will have very much effect on the lag with this projector. With all connections being equal it's most likely more of a hardware issue. There was a response from Epson to someone regarding the issue I found, in short,

"Also the gaming sucks bad on this projector because of the lag. will it be any updates to fix this?
ANSWERS FROM THE EPSON TECH
Thank you for contacting Epson.
For both issues, as a test, directly connect the PS3 then the DirecTV box to the projector. This will bypass the A/V receiver. More than likely the image from the DirecTV will be ok but the PS3 will still do the issue. This is because the DirecTV signal is 1080i and doesn't require as much bandwidth to display as a full 1080p signal does. When displaying the home screen with the settings, the signal is a full 1080p signal but when the movie plays it is probably a 1080p with 24 fps signal that doesn't require as much bandwidth as a full 1080p signal. This all leads up to being a cable length issue. This can be tested by connecting a shorter cable as a test. We only guarantee the signal will work from source to projector with a 15 ft HDMI cable. In order for you to still use the 40 ft HDMI cable, you will need to purchase an HDMI signal booster. This will amplify the signal across the long run to the projector.
Unfortunately there will be no update to the lag for gaming. The lag is caused by a hardware component and not just the firmware. Some games do have a setting to calibrate the controller to the video being displayed.
If you require further assistance with this particular issue, please ensure all of our previous correspondence is contained in your reply, so we can better track the history of this issue."

Thanks for the answer jnabq.

So i think i have to move to a Panasonic AE7000 cause i've heard also the JVC X30 got high input lag
post #1662 of 3324
I am using a Vutec 1.3 gain screen with a Dwin TV3. Will a 1.3 gain screen be an issue if I go with the 6010?
post #1663 of 3324
I'm finished with reading the whole topic YES.

I have a TW9000W (6010) White and Wireless.
I bought it in November 2011 and have Fiwmware 100
I'm on the 325 Hours on the Lamp.
Like always's my projector worked very good till I started reading this forum haha.

* About Airblowing:
Twice I had the projector Blowing air , and after a minute or so it turned on in silence.
I thought it was because the projector needed fresh air.
I have the projector standing in a closed closet, 1 meter (3Ft.) behind us in the livingroom.


When we go watch a movie, we open the closet door and lower the electrical screen.
I have two screens, 1 White 120screen (which wont work well in my livingroom, because of the white ceiling and floor, and light blue walls) and 1 HC lightgrey 106screen. (which works icredible well, and gives the picture a Plasmalook)
~ I'll keep my eye on the projectors air blowing issue now, after reading this here.

*About focusing the projector:
I do that with a Binoculars, so I can zoom in to the pixels and focus.
You have to focus your projector at 1/3 of the picture's wide and NOT in the middle, otherwise the middle will be sharp and the will be sides fussy.
That's the normal way to go on every projector.

I do have an issue with calibrating this projector, and I'm hoping some of you can help me out.
I use Calman 4 and a Eye One Pro.
With a new lamp I calibrated the Natural mode, and it was pretty good.
Now, after 325 hours on the lamp, I cannot get the Primary's in place.
The Grey scale is perfect and Gamma is straight.
Watching the picture, the colors are not good for me.

Now I calibrated the Cinema mode.
The colors were death-on the triangle of Primary colors and secondary colors.
The dots right in the middle even zooming in on the triangle with Auto Zoom anabled.
The Grayscale is perfectly straight.
The colors look amazing.
(You'll never NEVER get this so good with a Calibration DVD alone.
I did use the DVE Blu-Ray in the first few hours of the lamp, and watched a few movies with that calibration in natural mode of course.
Yes, it is far better using a disk than leave it without tuning at all.
But the difference is incredible after a real calibration.
If you spend so much after for a projector, I would definitely let it calibrate by a pro, if you cannot do it yourself)

Now my problem:
Looking at the Gamma, it looks like this: \\
It only hits the target of 2.4 at the 35 IRE
I think the problem is, that we cannot choose the Gamma Color in any other mode except for Naturalmode.
Now, I tried to play with the custom Gammasetting but I have to place the slides/pointers so incredible stupid to see some good changes, but never right.
Can someone tell me how to get good Gamma on a Non Natural mode, please?
Here's a picture of my Gamma, which is the best I could get.
post #1664 of 3324
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegashomes View Post

I am using a Vutec 1.3 gain screen with a Dwin TV3. Will a 1.3 gain screen be an issue if I go with the 6010?

The majority of us have 1.0-1.3 gain screens and they are more than adequate for the 5010/6010 since it's a light canon.

What size screen do you have and what is your projector distance from the screen?
post #1665 of 3324
It is a 110" screen the current pj is 14'6" from the screen
post #1666 of 3324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Arroyo View Post


You must turn on the OPPO (93 or 95) AFTER the Epson is on and HDMI 1 is selected. The HDCP screws up the selection process and is part of the movie industry tyranny to result in pay-per-view on all their stuff.

Firmware update from Oppo solves this issue, send them an e-mail and they will send you a link for a USB update.
post #1667 of 3324
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegashomes View Post

It is a 110" screen the current pj is 14'6" from the screen

You should be good with your screen.
post #1668 of 3324
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRDnhorns View Post

Firmware update from Oppo solves this issue, send them an e-mail and they will send you a link for a USB update.

Is that firmware a beta version that is not posted publicly on the Oppo 93 download page? Is email the only way to get it from Oppo? Got the firmware number?
post #1669 of 3324
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreyTheater View Post


Is that firmware a beta version that is not posted publicly on the Oppo 93 download page? Is email the only way to get it from Oppo? Got the firmware number?

No number, E-mailed on a Saturday answered some questions and they sent a link on Sunday, if I would have answered their questions sooner probably could had it the same day. Runco an Naim have similar issue. No number just the link. Took less than 15 minutes to download, follow the steps and install. No issues for over a week and for the first time I can use my Epson remote to control the Oppo.
post #1670 of 3324
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreyTheater View Post


Is that firmware a beta version that is not posted publicly on the Oppo 93 download page? Is email the only way to get it from Oppo? Got the firmware number?

No number. I have asked Oppo if it is OK to publish the link here. I would send an E-mail or call until then.
post #1671 of 3324
Guys, I am having some trouble with my 5010 (68 total hours on it)

Today when I turned it on, the video is displaying improperly - almost like it is stretching and only displaying the upper left quadrant of the normal picture.

Pics below - ignore the flash, crappy camera phone, temporary paper screen and the uninstalled speakers.

It also is occurring regardless of the hdmi input that I use. It does not occur when I use composite input. I did not try any other inputs.

My normal output setting is 1080p 24hz to the 5010. I tried some other resolutions and still had the problem.

Thanks for any advice.







post #1672 of 3324
I have an Oppo 93EU on my Epson projector.
Constantly it is searching contact, when I go from one movie to another.
When the movie starts, I misout the first few seconds of the movie because the projectpor is searching contact again
That is very anoying.
Is that to fix by an Update from Oppo?

At first I had an DVDO Edge between them and I had no problem because the DVDO kept the communication intact with the projector.
Sad thing,... I destroyed the DVDO Edge.
post #1673 of 3324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davecraze View Post

Guys, I am having some trouble with my 5010 (68 total hours on it)

Today when I turned it on, the video is displaying improperly - almost like it is stretching and only displaying the upper left quadrant of the normal picture.

Pics below - ignore the flash, crappy camera phone, temporary paper screen and the uninstalled speakers.

It also is occurring regardless of the hdmi input that I use. It does not occur when I use composite input. I did not try any other inputs.

My normal output setting is 1080p 24hz to the 5010. I tried some other resolutions and still had the problem.

Thanks for any advice.

Have you been watching any 3D content and left it in Side by Side mode after you've switched back to 2D? It will produce a similar image to yours if you have. Just check your 3D settings in the menu and make sure it's not set to Side by Side or another 3D setting
post #1674 of 3324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davecraze View Post

Guys, I am having some trouble with my 5010 (68 total hours on it)

Today when I turned it on, the video is displaying improperly - almost like it is stretching and only displaying the upper left quadrant of the normal picture.

Pics below - ignore the flash, crappy camera phone, temporary paper screen and the uninstalled speakers.

It also is occurring regardless of the hdmi input that I use. It does not occur when I use composite input. I did not try any other inputs.

My normal output setting is 1080p 24hz to the 5010. I tried some other resolutions and still had the problem.

Thanks for any advice.

Yes, like plasma novice said, change your 3d settings back to Auto from side by side.
post #1675 of 3324
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma_novice View Post

Have you been watching any 3D content and left it in Side by Side mode after you've switched back to 2D? It will produce a similar image to yours if you have. Just check your 3D settings in the menu and make sure it's not set to Side by Side or another 3D setting


HAHAHA... dude. Thanks so much. That was so frustrating. Regardless of what setting the 3D was on, I don't know why it would have had any impact on 2D viewing if 3D was not active. Thanks again.
post #1676 of 3324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthieu View Post

I'm finished with reading the whole topic YES.

I have a TW9000W (6010) White and Wireless.
I do have an issue with calibrating this projector, .

Now my problem:
Looking at the Gamma,
It only hits the target of 2.4 at the 35 IRE
I think the problem is, that we cannot choose the Gamma Color in any other mode except for Naturalmode.

I know projector reviews mentioned an issue with the gamma when calibrating, not sure what if any information this may help you?
http://www.projectorreviews.com/epso...alibration.php http://www.projectorreviews.com/epso...erformance.php
post #1677 of 3324
Quote:
Originally Posted by helderlima View Post

Hi,

Would someone be willing to post DIP Switch settings on the 5010/6010?


You get to this information with the remote:
1) Hold down MENU for 8 seconds, release
2) Hit ESC twice
3) A menu of information appears
4) Hold down MENU another 8 seconds, release
5) Hit ESC twice

Now you should be at a screen where you can arrow up and down, and for each DIP switch see the bit settings of that one. Very curious to see how it's configured differently from the 3010.

Thanks!

DIP SWITCH SETTINGS Epson 6010 FW v104

O=GREEN X=BLANK

DIP SW1 [BIT0 O/X] [BIT1 X/O] [BIT2 X/O] [BIT3 O/X] [BIT4 X/O] [BIT5 O/X] [BIT6 X/O] [BIT7 O/X]

DIP SW2 [BIT0 O/X] [BIT1 O/X] [BIT2 X/O] [BIT3 X/O] [BIT4 X/O] [BIT5 X/O] [BIT6 X/O] [BIT7 O/X]

DIP SW3 [BIT0 O/X] [BIT1 X/O] [BIT2 X/O] [BIT3 X/O] [BIT4 X/O] [BIT5 O/X] [BIT6 O/X] [BIT7 O/X]

DIP SW4 [BIT0 X/O] [BIT1 O/X] [BIT2 O/X] [BIT3 X/O] [BIT4 X/O] [BIT5 X/O] [BIT6 O/X] [BIT7 O/X]

DIP SW5 [BIT0 O/X] [BIT1 O/X] [BIT2 O/X] [BIT3 O/X] [BIT4 O/X] [BIT5 O/X] [BIT6 O/X] [BIT7 O/X]

DIP SW6 [BIT0 O/X] [BIT1 X/O] [BIT2 O/X] [BIT3 X/O] [BIT4 O/X] [BIT5 X/O] [BIT6 O/X] [BIT7 O/X]

I think these are correct, sorry but that's about the best I could do for the format. Hope it's understandable enough?
post #1678 of 3324
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnabq View Post

I know projector reviews mentioned an issue with the gamma when calibrating, not sure what if any information this may help you?
http://www.projectorreviews.com/epso...alibration.php http://www.projectorreviews.com/epso...erformance.php

Thsnk you for that.
I did read this a long time ago and forgot about it.
I think I have the exact same problem, and I'll hope it has something to do with the firmware.
Tuesday I will calibrate my projector again, and expecting great difference.
If not I'm going to send my unit back, since Art got a second unit send to him because of this.
post #1679 of 3324
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnabq View Post

DIP SWITCH SETTINGS Epson 6010 FW v104

O=GREEN X=BLANK

DIP SW1 [BIT0 O/X] [BIT1 X/O] [BIT2 X/O] [BIT3 O/X] [BIT4 X/O] [BIT5 O/X] [BIT6 X/O] [BIT7 O/X]

DIP SW2 [BIT0 O/X] [BIT1 O/X] [BIT2 X/O] [BIT3 X/O] [BIT4 X/O] [BIT5 X/O] [BIT6 X/O] [BIT7 O/X]

DIP SW3 [BIT0 O/X] [BIT1 X/O] [BIT2 X/O] [BIT3 X/O] [BIT4 X/O] [BIT5 O/X] [BIT6 O/X] [BIT7 O/X]

DIP SW4 [BIT0 X/O] [BIT1 O/X] [BIT2 O/X] [BIT3 X/O] [BIT4 X/O] [BIT5 X/O] [BIT6 O/X] [BIT7 O/X]

DIP SW5 [BIT0 O/X] [BIT1 O/X] [BIT2 O/X] [BIT3 O/X] [BIT4 O/X] [BIT5 O/X] [BIT6 O/X] [BIT7 O/X]

DIP SW6 [BIT0 O/X] [BIT1 X/O] [BIT2 O/X] [BIT3 X/O] [BIT4 O/X] [BIT5 X/O] [BIT6 O/X] [BIT7 O/X]

I think these are correct, sorry but that's about the best I could do for the format. Hope it's understandable enough?

Hmm, I wonder if a 5010 could be turned into a 6010 by duplicating those? (Of course, nothing is going to turn the white case to black... )
post #1680 of 3324
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinG View Post

Hmm, I wonder if a 5010 could be turned into a 6010 by duplicating those? (Of course, nothing is going to turn the white case to black... )

And add a THX Mode???
I don't believe so, but please let us know if it does.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Official Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5010 / 6010 thread