or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › *Official* Popcorn Hour A-300 / C-300 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*Official* Popcorn Hour A-300 / C-300 Thread - Page 6

post #151 of 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by WynsWrld98 View Post

I have an A-300 with latest firmware, played my first ISO on it (Fast Five BluRay), played fine until about half way through and froze up completely so I can't agree with the comment above AT ALL. You also see a slight pause as it goes from one segment of ISO to next (Fast Five has multiple m2ts files is why I made an ISO of it vs. just playing a single m2ts on A-300 if Fast Five had been done that way).

Correct, I noted that when I reviewed the A-300 as well, it has some issues with seamless branch blu rays (i.e. multiple m2ts). You see a skip/pause/jump when moving from one m2ts to another. The easiest way around this is to make a main movie Blu-ray rip with Clown_BD. The seamless branch issue affects many players (I think/wonder if it is BD Lite related?)
post #152 of 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

How did you determine the problem is the player not the file?

File plays fine on my PC. Popcorn Hour freezes up at random times in general for me and I always keep firmware updated. You gotta love the only way to fix it is unplug it (how ridiculous), the power button does nothing to fix the freezeups.
post #153 of 419
There still might be something else going on. Put "freeze" in Search this Thread and yours is the only one.
post #154 of 419
i would say that you have network issues, maybe try it with 10/100 setting, or put a 10/100 switch between your Popcorn and your gigabit switch
post #155 of 419
File is on hard drive in Popcorn hour, no networking involved.
post #156 of 419
Hi, sorry, but I couldn't find an A-210 thread when I searched and I'll assume there's a lot of posters here that either have or had one. I have an unusual situation that cropped up I can't figure out how to fix.
When I go to use the MNJ menu it just appears at about 1/3 the size on the upper left corner on the screen. I have no idea how to get it to full screen.
post #157 of 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrgagne View Post

Hi, sorry, but I couldn't find an A-210 thread when I searched and I'll assume there's a lot of posters here that either have or had one. I have an unusual situation that cropped up I can't figure out how to fix.
When I go to use the MNJ menu it just appears at about 1/3 the size on the upper left corner on the screen. I have no idea how to get it to full screen.

What is the resolution of your display and the output resolution of PCH? Is content scrunched into the corner as well?
post #158 of 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrgagne View Post

Hi, sorry, but I couldn't find an A-210 thread when I searched and I'll assume there's a lot of posters here that either have or had one. I have an unusual situation that cropped up I can't figure out how to fix.
When I go to use the MNJ menu it just appears at about 1/3 the size on the upper left corner on the screen. I have no idea how to get it to full screen.

take the resolution off of auto in the setup. It needs to be at least 720p+ for NMJ to work. when its on auto it picks it up as the wrong size and you get the little window
post #159 of 419
Thanks guys, the output resolution is set to 1080p/60, framerate sync to NTSC/24p & TV to 16:9. (I have a 24fps capable PJ.)
Everything except the NMJ wall displays properly.
post #160 of 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrgagne View Post

Thanks guys, the output resolution is set to 1080p/60, framerate sync to NTSC/24p & TV to 16:9. (I have a 24fps capable PJ.)
Everything except the NMJ wall displays properly.

was it set on auto the first time you loaded NMJ. I have herd of it getting stuck. set the resolution to 720p/60 hit save launch NMJ see if it goes normal then go back to 1080p/60 if not a firmware flash or factory reset might be in order
post #161 of 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

a firmware flash or factory reset might be in order

+1 ... that can cure a lot of ills.
post #162 of 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

was it set on auto the first time you loaded NMJ. I have herd of it getting stuck. set the resolution to 720p/60 hit save launch NMJ see if it goes normal then go back to 1080p/60

Thanks, that did the trick!

Since you're in the know, I might as well ask about the only other issue;
I've been getting sporadic audio dropouts streaming Blu Ray ISO's with the hi-rez codecs, the video streams fine. I don't recall this being an issue with the A-210, if it isn't, is there something else that could be a weak link in my set-up causing it?

Everything is hard wired running a ReadyNAS NV+ to a Telus Actiontec V1000H then about a 50' cat 5e to a D-Link DGS 1008D switch that the A-210, pre-amp, BD player, and cable box are all connected to. All cables are either cat5e or cat6.
post #163 of 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrgagne View Post


Thanks, that did the trick!

Since you're in the know, I might as well ask about the only other issue;
I've been getting sporadic audio dropouts streaming Blu Ray ISO's with the hi-rez codecs, the video streams fine. I don't recall this being an issue with the A-210, if it isn't, is there something else that could be a weak link in my set-up causing it?

Everything is hard wired running a ReadyNAS NV+ to a Telus Actiontec V1000H then about a 50' cat 5e to a D-Link DGS 1008D switch that the A-210, pre-amp, BD player, and cable box are all connected to. All cables are either cat5e or cat6.

Some audio tracks are experiencing audio dropouts, it isnt your network
post #164 of 419
Yes there is some audio dropout issues when using iso/bdmv sigma supposedly fixed the issue and pch was testing the fix to make sure nothing else broke by it. But if they are files with true-hd inside them they seem to be most affected by network issues, if you have not already do the rwin value tweak located here http://www.networkedmediatank.com/sh...highlight=rwin

and also make sure you are not running jumbo frames.
post #165 of 419
Thanks again guys. Good to know there's a fix in the works, audio drop-outs, especially on concert vids, are just not acceptable.
post #166 of 419
There will be some good news announced early next week regarding PCH and Popbox.
post #167 of 419
what kind off?
post #168 of 419
I guess we need to wait until next week to find out.
post #169 of 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I guess we need to wait until next week to find out.

I am guessing either Diamond will be a reseller and/or new online content is coming to the PCH/Popbox Vudu, maybe Netflix, etc...)
post #170 of 419
Maybe a new player? XBMC integrated, new chip? Hey, as I posted in the PopBox thread, I can dream .
post #171 of 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

Maybe a new player? XBMC integrated, new chip? Hey, as I posted in the PopBox thread, I can dream .

I doubt a new chip since the 8646 just came out for the 300 series. I believe Vudu was/is very close to being released, and Netflix talk had heated up as well (but then again I heard this at the end of last year from my source)
post #172 of 419
Probably firmware update.
post #173 of 419
i think more that diamond is going to sell them, anything else doesn't make sense since he is a dune reseller
post #174 of 419
You mean they don't already sell them? They show the players on their website. Or was this an oops?

http://www.diamondhomedesign.com/dune.html
post #175 of 419
huh did they change the site now?!

i was there http://www.diamondhomedesign.com/store/Default.aspx

and there i don't see any popcornhour or popbox device
post #176 of 419
Try again, not sure what happened the first time.
post #177 of 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc11369 View Post

Try again, not sure what happened the first time.

That is definitely new
post #178 of 419
yes definitely because if i click now on popbox v8 or c300 it will go into the shop and shows a error, so someone changed the site but it is not finished
post #179 of 419
does this mean they will also have a Control4 integrated IP driver?
post #180 of 419
ahhh that could be maybe the news, would make sense if you look at the resellers page
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › *Official* Popcorn Hour A-300 / C-300 Thread