or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › The Last Of Us - an exclusive apocalypse survival game, now remastered for the PS4
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Last Of Us - an exclusive apocalypse survival game, now remastered for the PS4 - Page 3

post #61 of 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Both of those are based off of the I Am Legend novel by my favorite suspense writer, Richard Matheson. The original story was about one man alone in a world of vampires however, not zombies.

Meh, zombies, vampires, infected...same thing. .
post #62 of 895
Thread Starter 
Cool new screenies from GI magazine:










post #63 of 895
Looks great, they just keep on managing to push that uncharted engine further and further. It's a pity other developers can't use it
post #64 of 895
I am just so excited thinking that we can get a game with Drake's engine/look/feel and have it be a horror/zombie like game. Man, soooo can't wait for this thing to come out!
post #65 of 895
I'm just excited that we're getting something other than Uncharted 4. They needed a fresh storyline after the third Drake iteration. That game definitely left me wanting. This will be a release day purchase for me.
post #66 of 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post

I'm just excited that we're getting something other than Uncharted 4. They needed a fresh storyline after the third Drake iteration. That game definitely left me wanting. This will be a release day purchase for me.

I'm still waiting to see some gameplay before I get too excited, and it's hardly a new concept, but so far I def like what I see.
post #67 of 895
Looking very good so far! Can't wait to see some gameplay videos.
post #68 of 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by zBuff View Post

Looks great, they just keep on managing to push that uncharted engine further and further. It's a pity other developers can't use it

I gotta say, I'd *love* to see a Zelda game using the Uncharted engine...

-Suntan
post #69 of 895
for these shots it's looking like they're going with a 2 character dynamic. Wonder if it'll be 2 player (online/offline) coop oriented or if it'll be a never ending escort mission. If the later, pass. Hated that aspect of RE4, and RE5 without a COOP partner was brutally frustrating, especially the harder modes where enemies became simple bullet sponges and godly marksmen.
post #70 of 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

for these shots it's looking like they're going with a 2 character dynamic. Wonder if it'll be 2 player (online/offline) coop oriented or if it'll be a never ending escort mission. If the later, pass. Hated that aspect of RE4, and RE5 without a COOP partner was brutally frustrating, especially the harder modes where enemies became simple bullet sponges and godly marksmen.

But then some of the best games ever have used that "escort" or "constant companion" approach: Ico, Sands of Time, Ocarina of Time, HL2: Eps 1 & 2, Portal 2, and probably a few key others I'm not thinking of.
post #71 of 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

for these shots it's looking like they're going with a 2 character dynamic. Wonder if it'll be 2 player (online/offline) coop oriented or if it'll be a never ending escort mission. If the later, pass. Hated that aspect of RE4, and RE5 without a COOP partner was brutally frustrating, especially the harder modes where enemies became simple bullet sponges and godly marksmen.

Co-op aspect would be really nice. Hopefully with BOTH online and offline options.
post #72 of 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

But then some of the best games ever have used that "escort" or "constant companion" approach: Ico, Sands of Time, Ocarina of Time, HL2: Eps 1 & 2, Portal 2, and probably a few key others I'm not thinking of.

Yup, all depends if they do it right. Uncharted has had some companion sections and so far the AI has been more friend than unintentional foe.
post #73 of 895
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

for these shots it's looking like they're going with a 2 character dynamic. Wonder if it'll be 2 player (online/offline) coop oriented or if it'll be a never ending escort mission. If the later, pass. Hated that aspect of RE4, and RE5 without a COOP partner was brutally frustrating, especially the harder modes where enemies became simple bullet sponges and godly marksmen.

The developer said that while you only control the man, the game isn't designed as an escort mission. They were very specific about addressing that, so it looks like they are going to flesh out some interesting play mechanics.

Perhaps you influence her actions in some ways, such as commands for her to be aggressive, to hide, to be defensive, bait the enemy for your ambush, to bring you ammo/heals etc.
post #74 of 895
Someone's been watching "Life After People" on History Channel.

I'm looking forward to this more and more with each bit of info I see. I'm confident the gameplay will be solid and the story will be, at least, interesting. I only hope that it doesn't turn into a building crawl, or rooftop crawl, or alley crawl. I'm hoping the environments let you explore a bit and keep the invisible walls to a minimum. I know they have to tell a scripted story but leave me to find my own way once in a while.

Here's hoping for another amazing experience from ND.
post #75 of 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

The developer said that while you only control the man, the game isn't designed as an escort mission. They were very specific about addressing that, so it looks like they are going to flesh out some interesting play mechanics.

Perhaps you influence her actions in some ways, such as commands for her to be aggressive, to hide, to be defensive, bait the enemy for your ambush, to bring you ammo/heals etc.

So like the setting seen in those screenshots (post-apocalyptic urban area with overgrown vegetation), the gameplay could be similar to Enslaved as well. Sounds good to me.

*waits for inevitable Enslaved bashing comments*
post #76 of 895
Looks and Sounds great!
I need a good survival horror game lol.
post #77 of 895


Here's the latest trailer... hope we get to see some actual gameplay at E3.
post #78 of 895
Thread Starter 
*** Deleted double post ***
post #79 of 895
Naughty Dog are masters of the game trailer.

Bastards. I'm hooked.
post #80 of 895
That trailer actually took the game down a few notches for me. I know we haven't seen gameplay, but the way the "zombies" had guns and grenades....this is probably going to be Just Another Shooter(TM). Which is kind of the part I didn't like about uncharted.
post #81 of 895
I don't think we watched the same trailer.
post #82 of 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

That trailer actually took the game down a few notches for me. I know we haven't seen gameplay, but the way the "zombies" had guns and grenades....this is probably going to be Just Another Shooter(TM). Which is kind of the part I didn't like about uncharted.

I think they will have to fight other survivors, as well as the "infected". First trailer had them fighting both.

Hopefully E3 will have some actual gameplay to show. Either way I'm interested.
post #83 of 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmonkeee View Post

I don't think we watched the same trailer.

Lol, I watched it at work without sound.

I guess they're not zombies, just humans faking it?

Still makes me feel like they're going to fall back on the same ol shooter mechanics.
post #84 of 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Lol, I watched it at work without sound.

I guess they're not zombies, just humans faking it?

Still makes me feel like they're going to fall back on the same ol shooter mechanics.

Not zombies at all, they're wastelanders.

There is a virus / zombie like element to the game, but it was only shown in the initial trailer. This trailer was about wastelanders setting an obvious trap.

Funny, our protagonist seems to be quite reckless.


ND's visuals are getting crazy if this trailer is of any worth. They tend to render them in real time to allow seamless in/out gameplay. Wish they licensed this tech out to more dev's.
post #85 of 895
Amazing,..really looking forward to it!
post #86 of 895
This is high on my wishlist as well, the one big negative being the zombie/mutant nonsense that tried to ruin the otherwise fantastic Uncharted series.
post #87 of 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

ND's visuals are getting crazy if this trailer is of any worth. They tend to render them in real time to allow seamless in/out gameplay. Wish they licensed this tech out to more dev's.

Makes me miss the good ol' PS2 days when Naughty Dog and Insomniac were sharing lots of engine tech.
post #88 of 895
I'm really excited for this game. Hopefully we'll see some actual gameplay footage soon. I assume this game will be released sometime this fall. Has anyone read anything recently about a possible release date?
post #89 of 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

Makes me miss the good ol' PS2 days when Naughty Dog and Insomniac were sharing lots of engine tech.

Isn't that what the ICE team does?
post #90 of 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjachicken View Post

Isn't that what the ICE team does?

Not at all to the same degree as the PS2-era Naughty Dog and Insomniac. Their PS2 series were so similar, in fact, that both studios had to repeatedly deny that they used identical tech.

Times have changed. Insomniac's going multiplatform, and Naughty Dog's a household name in the gaming industry. The kids are all grown up.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › The Last Of Us - an exclusive apocalypse survival game, now remastered for the PS4