or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals! › Panasonic VT30 Deals Thread - 55VT30 and 65VT30 Only
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic VT30 Deals Thread - 55VT30 and 65VT30 Only - Page 18

post #511 of 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Hi View Post

Nobody???

Very few sets have it. No way to know in advance.

Try it. If you have it during break-in, return it. If not, enjoy your set.
post #512 of 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalani View Post

Very few sets have it. No way to know in advance.

Try it. If you have it during break-in, return it. If not, enjoy your set.

Thanks
post #513 of 526
FWIW, the latest PCRichard ads (that go into effect Sunday) have the 65GT30 on the cover at $1,697. It says right on the screen of the TV "We deliver, we install" but I don't know if that means included or extra. And I haven't checked if it's available on their website at the same price -- or even if not now, perhaps it will be Sunday.
post #514 of 526
FWIW I thought I'd mention here that I have found several Best Buys in my area that have open box 65vt30s. The one closest to me has 1 marked down to $2399(reg. price $2799) because its missing the stand. A minor inconvenience if you planned to mount it, which i do but I'm still holding out for something closer to $1999. Also another local store has 1 marked down to $2599 because the remote is missing. I don't believe these show up in inventory if you call BB and ask about the item in general. To find out if your local BB or BB in you immediate area has an open box item you might be interested in, simply find the stores home page using the store locator and click on open box items. Then you can call said store an inquire about the item with the sku provided.
post #515 of 526
You also can get Amazon to match Electronics Expo's price on the 65VT30 right now, which is $2,316+$201 in tax, or $2,517. Free delivery, no tax (in most states).
post #516 of 526
There is a local store here that has the 65VT30 for $2299... I'm very tempted to grab it. I just returned a 64D8000 because of buzzing. I don't know if I like the picture as much on the VT30 though.
post #517 of 526
I just picked up the floor model 55vt30 from ABC for $1150 out the door. I went over it fairly well and didn't see anything but I'm waiting to check it at home. It is an April build so I'm a little concerned about the fluctuating brightness issue. Anything else I should worry about? Is it really a big deal that it probably wasn't ever "broken in" properly? Should I run the slides now anyway or is it pointless.

Thanks in advanced and forgive my noobish questions. This is my first Plasma TV
post #518 of 526
Looks I just learned a lesson about buying a "display model". I asked if it had any issues with the screen or if they had kept constant full screen content playing which obviously they said yes. Well there is HUGE Panasonic Logo burnt into the screen. Definitely not worth keeping no matter how good the deal unless someone can convince me that there is a way to remove this sort of burn in.
post #519 of 526
I just received my Panasonic 65VT30 that I ordered from the Amazon Outlet. I paid $2188 for it with free shipping & no tax. The unit I received is flawless, it was never setup & was in all the original packaging. I set it up last night and am quite happy with it.
post #520 of 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsd View Post

I just picked up the floor model 55vt30 from ABC for $1150 out the door. I went over it fairly well and didn't see anything but I'm waiting to check it at home. It is an April build so I'm a little concerned about the fluctuating brightness issue. Anything else I should worry about? Is it really a big deal that it probably wasn't ever "broken in" properly? Should I run the slides now anyway or is it pointless.

Thanks in advanced and forgive my noobish questions. This is my first Plasma TV


Quote:
Originally Posted by lsd View Post

Looks I just learned a lesson about buying a "display model". I asked if it had any issues with the screen or if they had kept constant full screen content playing which obviously they said yes. Well there is HUGE Panasonic Logo burnt into the screen. Definitely not worth keeping no matter how good the deal unless someone can convince me that there is a way to remove this sort of burn in.

Not that it'll make an impact in your decision, but is the logo visible during regular viewing, or only when you have nothing on screen or a solid background (such as a slide)?

Regardless, if you're able to see it, then I'd return the unit. It probably means that the unit was not properly taken care of, and you're seeing some either strong image retention or actual burn in.

If you'd really like to keep the unit due to the price, my suggestion would be to run some content/wipes/etc. to see if you can mitigate the variations in pixel ware. If you have 14 days to return, you could try to run slides and wipes for 10 days straight and see what happens. If the logo fades, then good news, you're only seeing image retention. If you see no difference, then I'd go ahead and return it.

Just my 2 cents.

-JR
post #521 of 526
Not sure if anyone is still looking for the 65vt30 given all the buzz (pun intended) with the new 2012 models, but both Amazon and Bestbuy has it listed at $2499.
post #522 of 526
Please give me your opinions....The display model 65vt30 for $1800 plus tax? It's an April 2011 build and has been running for about 2500 hours in the store...good deal? what should I do?
post #523 of 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmybsparks View Post

Please give me your opinions....The display model 65vt30 for $1800 plus tax? It's an April 2011 build and has been running for about 2500 hours in the store...good deal? what should I do?

This is really a personal decision. Many people would not consider a plasma display model for various reasons. But if you are able to see the set running and confirm there is no burn-in or persistent IR, and are happy with the condition of the set, and don't mind getting a used one, go for it. 2,500 hour is trivial compared to the lifespan of the panel. If you're not allowed to study it on with content, run away as fast as possible.
post #524 of 526
65VT30 $2299. at Best Buy right now!
post #525 of 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post

65VT30 $2299. at Best Buy right now!

Thank you, just pulled trigger without a second thought. Top of line 2011 for 600 less than ST50 is sweet deal!
post #526 of 526
Hey guys -

I am torn and need a nudge in the right direction.

Here are my options:

1) 65VT30 - $2299
2) PN64D8000 - $2499
3) PN64D7000 - $2369

I know this is a Panny thread so I'm guessing most will say 65VT30 but I'm still interested in your thoughts. PQ is most important factor.

I'm curious if you guys think the VT50 is $1300 better than the VT30?

Thanks,
Paul

EDIT: TYPO - the Samsung model is a 2011 model, not this year's model (I had 'E', it is actually a 'D')
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals! › Panasonic VT30 Deals Thread - 55VT30 and 65VT30 Only