Best Buy is indeed going out of business. They're done. They don't get that amazon exists. It's incredible. Some other wonderful feats of stupidity:
1. Let's post 300 pound morbidly obese prison guards at the door to sneer at you and snatch the receipt out of your hand to make sure you feel as uncomfortable as possible.
2. Let's force customers WITH a receipt to provide STATE ID!!!! to return a $4 blu ray. Yes, that makes things hassle free and really makes you want to return to their store.
3. Let's hire nasty employees who swear in front of children, who look like jabba the hut, or leave their hair unwashed for weeks on end, because this literally screams professionalism.
4. Let's make sure our managers complain about the store and their customers.
5. Let's make sure we hire managers who look like they've just been paroled with tattoos, shaved heads and tear drop tattoos under their eyes. This tells customers that we "hire the best" at best buy!
It's really sad: amazon can hire professionalism at 12 cents an hour overseas, while best buy is forced to pay $12 an hour for the bottom of the barrel because they are a physical retail store. It is simply impossible for best buy to compete under these circumstances.
Radio Shack is heading down the same path of obsolescence.
Originally Posted by roknrol
^^ I encountered that earlier this fall when using a coupon to buy a 3D blu. Classic Worst Buy move. Granted, as you stated, it was only 45 cents or so -- but really?!
For fun, read: http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrydow...ess-gradually/
and also the follow-up article.
Best line for me: "Walk into one of the company's retail locations or shop online. And try, really try, not to lose your temper." Yup. Can't do it.