or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Lost Girl' on Syfy HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Lost Girl' on Syfy HD

post #1 of 56
Thread Starter 
Looks like this one will be paired with BEING HUMAN on Monday nights starting 1/16/12. With Merlins return to Fridays, Syfy will have three series running with new episodes thru to spring.

http://www.syfy.com/lostgirl
post #2 of 56
Previews look good.

I hope Spielberg isn't attached to this one in any way.
post #3 of 56
Is this show about adorkable Zooey Deschanel alone in the woods?
post #4 of 56
Just as long as it's not another dumb "ghost" BLANK reality show or wrestling I'm fine with it.
post #5 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

Previews look good.

I hope Spielberg isn't attached to this one in any way.

Well, I don't think we have to worry about Lorne Michaels being attached to it in any way, so maybe it'll have a chance.
post #6 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

I hope Spielberg isn't attached to this one in any way.

I wonder what show you're referring to?

Just saw preview the other day during a commercial. Other than that, I have no idea what the show will be about. I'm in and go from there
post #7 of 56
This is actually a Canadian series that began in 2010, and is just now making it across the border-as well as getting attention that's escaped it until now. It's first season was 13 episodes, and it's now currently airing 2nd season will have 22.
Home network Showcase, has already ordered a 3rd season for next fall.
post #8 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

I wonder what show you're referring to?

... or possibly what "two" shows in the past 12 months that promised Sci-fi and fall far, far short I'm referring to.
post #9 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

Just as long as it's not another dumb "ghost" BLANK reality show or wrestling I'm fine with it.

I couldn't have put it better!
post #10 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

... or possibly what "two" shows in the past 12 months that promised Sci-fi and fall far, far short I'm referring to.

SyFy has a great deal to make up for with cancelling Eureka in my book!
post #11 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

... or possibly what "two" shows in the past 12 months that promised Sci-fi and fall far, far short I'm referring to.

Not to mention a certain couple of movies, both involving aliens...with one also involving cowboys...and a British guy playing a cowboy...
post #12 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post

SyFy has a great deal to make up for with cancelling Eureka in my book!

Or I applaud Syfy for producing 78 episodes of Eureka which would have been lucky to make it past 8 or 9 on a major network.
post #13 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by argee View Post

or i applaud syfy for producing 78 episodes of eureka which would have been lucky to make it past 8 or 9 on a major network.

+1000
post #14 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

Previews look good.

I hope Spielberg isn't attached to this one in any way.

Probably going to be censored a little bit since it is from a premium Canadian network.

I am not sure how this is going to translate ratings wise since all the geeks have probably found alternative methods of viewing not to mention SyFy starting 1 1/2 season behind.
post #15 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post

SyFy has a great deal to make up for with cancelling Eureka in my book!

Forget Eureka, that was kid stuff and they're still well stocked with that - cancelling 'Caprica' and 'Stargate Universe' means the Syfy Network has basically given up on adult science fiction.
post #16 of 56
Its a fairly decent show. I have a friend that sends them down. The fact that nobody else here has probably seen them makes it hard to comment without a lot of spoilers.

I'm not likely to watch the butchered versions from Skiffy after seeing the relatively clean satellite feeds from the original broadcast but I'll try to keep up with the episode descriptions.

There is one particularly annoying fact (but completely irrelevant to the story) that I will mention once the series airs in the USA.

.....censored a bit ??
post #17 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod7501 View Post

I'm not likely to watch the butchered versions from Skiffy after seeing the relatively clean satellite feeds from the original broadcast but I'll try to keep up with the episode descriptions.

There is one particularly annoying fact (but completely irrelevant to the story) that I will mention once the series airs in the USA.

.....censored a bit ??

Yup hehe.
post #18 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Forget Eureka, that was kid stuff and they're still well stocked with that - cancelling 'Caprica' and 'Stargate Universe' means the Syfy Network has basically given up on adult science fiction.

Agreed on all counts. I haven't watched anything on this channel since the finale of SGU...not even out of curiosity. The programming execs have shown their ineptitude and dislike of the genre quite clearly.
post #19 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C View Post

This is actually a Canadian series that began in 2010, and is just now making it across the border-as well as getting attention that's escaped it until now. It's first season was 13 episodes, and it's now currently airing 2nd season will have 22.
Home network Showcase, has already ordered a 3rd season for next fall.

I really enjoy this series, even though they take great liberties with the Fae folklore.

The sidekick ( Ksenia Solo as Kenzi ) almost always steals the scenes.

I guarantee you, it will be censored to a point.
post #20 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD View Post

I guarantee you, it will be censored to a point.

I have never seen the show, in which way censored language, violence, or nudity?
post #21 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnu1 View Post

I have never seen the show, in which way censored language, violence, or nudity?

Language and partial nudity. FX or maybe AMC could handle it but syfy will not.
post #22 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD View Post

I really enjoy this series, even though they take great liberties with the Fae folklore....

That's where my quibble originates. I am still hoping that the issue that I noticed will come into play later in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnu1 View Post

I have never seen the show, in which way censored language, violence, or nudity?

All three?
post #23 of 56
Was looking forward to this, but not if it will be censored.

I have tried to watch on-line at the Showcase website, but can't seem to get it to work. So I figure that there is some location filtering on the videos.

v/r,
C-F

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Girl_(TV_series)

http://www.showcase.ca/lostgirl/
post #24 of 56
Sounds more like fantasy than sci-fi though it's a step up from wrestling.
post #25 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C View Post

This is actually a Canadian series that began in 2010, and is just now making it across the border-as well as getting attention that's escaped it until now. It's first season was 13 episodes, and it's now currently airing 2nd season will have 22.
Home network Showcase, has already ordered a 3rd season for next fall.

Good to know, thanks for that.
post #26 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Forget Eureka, that was kid stuff and they're still well stocked with that - cancelling 'Caprica' and 'Stargate Universe' means the Syfy Network has basically given up on adult science fiction.

Only problem is that both Caprica and SGU were crap. Huge fans here of BSG and SG1 and SGA and both were total crap for us. Just couldn't watch either one past the first couple episodes. Especially SGU, they cancelled SGA for this?

(The above post is just my opinion obviously).

Meanwhile W13, Eureka and Haven are consistently good. We have given up on SyFy though. First SGA and now canceling Eureka in it's prime and it's highest rated show. Yea, good job there SyFy. We won't be watching any new shows on this network unless it's *really* good. So a lot of us feel the same way toward SyFy, just for different reasons.
post #27 of 56
From the "Hot Off the Press" Thread (top of 'HDTV Programming' page) smile.gif

TV Notes
Syfy Acquires Third Season Of ‘Lost Girl’
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - Jun. 5, 2012

Syfy has acquired a third season of Canadian drama series Lost Girl, which is currently in production. The first two seasons of the Canadian import have done well for Syfy — during Season 2 to date, Lost Girl is averaging 895,000 adults 18-49, 930,000 adults 25-54 and 1.64 million total viewers in Live+7 data. It is the No. 1 cable drama among adults 18-49 and adults 25-54 in its Monday time period.

On July 20, Lost Girl will move from Mondays at 10 PM to Fridays at 10 PM. On the show, Anna Silk (Being Erica) stars as seductress Bo, a Succubus (a powerful female entity in folklore) who feeds off sexual energy.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/syfy-acquires-third-season-of-lost-girl/
post #28 of 56
YEAH!!!!biggrin.gif
post #29 of 56
Good to know there will be a 3rd season and they will air it same as Canadian TV!
post #30 of 56
Interesting what they're doing this season with a little more emphasis on the Dark Fae and the ambiguity between the light & the dark.

I wonder if they're going to set up an attempt to create a more human-friendly middle ground led by Bo, maybe "The Gray?"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Lost Girl' on Syfy HD