or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Lost Girl' on Syfy HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Lost Girl' on Syfy HD - Page 2

post #31 of 56
SyFy is now showing 2nd half of season 2 if people have not noticed.
post #32 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87 View Post


Only problem is that both Caprica and SGU were crap.
Huge fans here of BSG and SG1 and SGA and both were total crap for us. Just couldn't watch either one past the first couple episodes. Especially SGU, they cancelled SGA for this?


(The above post is just my opinion obviously).

Having stuck it out with SGU, I have to say I was glad I did but very sorry to see it end. The second season was WAY better than the first and the last few episodes (especially the finale!) were quite incredible and emotional. I'd LOVE to know what happened to the crew, and certainly Eli!

That said, I enjoy Lost Girl, though I think its a bit over the top and the acting is a tad uneven. But I'm not expecting Citizen Kane obviously...
post #33 of 56
Really like Lost Girl on SyFy. The more I watch the more I want. smile.gif
post #34 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post

Really like Lost Girl on SyFy. The more I watch the more I want. smile.gif
We will get more Season 2 is over, bring on season 3!!
post #35 of 56
Season 2 isn't over yet. If you didn't see an episode last Friday, it's because the TribuneTards entered the Canadian air date instead of the American one into the EPG, causing DVRs to miss it.
post #36 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Shaffer View Post

Season 2 isn't over yet. If you didn't see an episode last Friday, it's because the TribuneTards entered the Canadian air date instead of the American one into the EPG, causing DVRs to miss it.

As this is one of my favs I always check my recordings. When I saw this did not show up on my schedule to record I had to force a recording as to not miss it. Glad I did so - good episode.
post #37 of 56
Er... I'm away from any device that can check. What was the episode that had its date mis-entered about?
post #38 of 56
Reasonable season finale. Happy to see there'll be a Season 3, and we only have to wait until January to see it. Take that, HBO! Take your 9-month hiatus and shove it up your....

Too bad they don't have more of a budget though - how many epic finales can take place in dirty warehouses?
post #39 of 56
Loved Anna Silks send off at the end of the show ---- Series three a go!
post #40 of 56

I came late to this show and did a major record-and-catch-up marathon over the last few weeks.  Great fun, especially Kenzi!  She steals nearly every scene she's in.  Yes, the smallish budget shows now and then and some of the acting (I'm looking at you overly-dramatic Dyson) is lacking.  But, it's a fun ride altogether.  The finale was decent and the "I'm ok, we were picked up for season 3" was a fun touch at the fade out.

 

(I still laugh when I recall a line from Kenzi way back when, when she's in the bar talking to Trick, still learning about Fae, and a dwarf walks in with a problem - she delivers the line "trouble in the Shire" with such wit that I literally laughed out loud)

post #41 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 View Post

I came late to this show and did a major record-and-catch-up marathon over the last few weeks.  Great fun, especially Kenzi!  She steals nearly every scene she's in.  Yes, the smallish budget shows now and then and some of the acting (I'm looking at you overly-dramatic Dyson) is lacking.  But, it's a fun ride altogether.  The finale was decent and the "I'm ok, we were picked up for season 3" was a fun touch at the fade out.

(I still laugh when I recall a line from Kenzi way back when, when she's in the bar talking to Trick, still learning about Fae, and a dwarf walks in with a problem - she delivers the line "trouble in the Shire" with such wit that I literally laughed out loud)

+1
post #42 of 56

At the end, when Bo broke character to announce that they had been picked up for season three was a fun moment.

post #43 of 56
new season starts on syfy on Monday the 14th.set your DVRs!
post #44 of 56
Bo is back! Not bad for a season opener, bit of fluff. Hi-lites "White trash wig" and the new Ash.
post #45 of 56
I found myself underwhelmed by the opener. I was actually bored only a few minutes into the show. We'll see how season 3 holds up...
post #46 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post

I found myself underwhelmed by the opener. I was actually bored only a few minutes into the show. We'll see how season 3 holds up...


Same here.  Disappointing.

post #47 of 56
Whats with all the lesbo themes? Not complaining but...
post #48 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post

I found myself underwhelmed by the opener. I was actually bored only a few minutes into the show. We'll see how season 3 holds up...

Me as well. I've always found this to be a very trashy series with some crap and some bad acting. So far the crap/bad acting level is much higher than the enjoyment.
post #49 of 56
Fun opening , lots of little things reviled about characters
Enjoyed the dialogue.

I thought SyFy was showing this at the same time as Canada? Friend is a episode ahead.
post #50 of 56
Well I just caught up with episodes #2 & 3. I liked them better than the season opener. So there's still hope. Nice to see SyFy not editing out the swear words, too.
post #51 of 56
Thread Starter 
post #52 of 56
Technically, that article is a bit off. Lost Girl was renewed by Showcase, which owns the series and decides whether it continues.
post #53 of 56
Well, after beating this show's drum for a few years, it's fallen off my watchlist. There's something lacking about this season and I just can't seem to care. That and I don't have as much time to watch the show as I used to... hope you all enjoy it!
post #54 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post

Well, after beating this show's drum for a few years, it's fallen off my watchlist. There's something lacking about this season and I just can't seem to care. That and I don't have as much time to watch the show as I used to... hope you all enjoy it!

I dropped it by the second show this season. The series was always marginal but had enough to keep me amused. Not anymore.
post #55 of 56
I am still enjoying it, but I thought the whole trial thing was build up way to much for the lackluster payoff.
post #56 of 56
Quote:

Great news!!!! Thanks!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Lost Girl' on Syfy HD