or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › More Flat Pack Kits Coming.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

More Flat Pack Kits Coming. - Page 11

post #301 of 956
Erich, what will the external dimensions be?
post #302 of 956
Thread Starter 
I think these are around 19" tall, 18" wide, and 28" deep not counting the double thick baffle.

If the larger box gets done, it will be 23" x 23" x 30 or something like that.

After those 2, then I'll go back and fill any in voids we have in the line up.
post #303 of 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP24 View Post

Regarding the dimensions for the baffle mounting hole for Rythmik 15's: While their literature states, and I and others have quoted, that the through hole is 14 1/16" and the recess is 15 5/16", cutting to those dimensions results in a pretty loose fit. The recess at 15 5/16" is fine (so is the slightly tighter 15 1/4"), but notice that if you subtract 1.5" from that figure (for the 3/4" mounting flange at opposing sides of the driver), you get 13 13/16", not 14 1/16". I used 13 7/8", and it was a better fit than the overly-loose 14 1/16". As usual, YMMV.

Thanks for the info. I think I saw you mention this is the DIY Rythmik thread as well. Greatly appreciated.
post #304 of 956
Damn! Missed out on the 4cuft boxes for SI HT18. Hopefully more will be available.
post #305 of 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodk View Post

Damn! Missed out on the 4cuft boxes for SI HT18. Hopefully more will be available.

x2 frown.gif
post #306 of 956
Thread Starter 
I'll be getting more of them cut but it's going to be a couple weeks before I have time to wrap them up.
post #307 of 956
Thanks Erich! I won't get my SI subs until June anyway.
post #308 of 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich H View Post

I'm worried about the end price on a box that big. The CNC company has the design and they will cut it as soon as I let them know, but it uses around 1.75 sheets of mdf. There isn't much that can fit in the left over sheet, so it's almost coming in as a 2 sheet build because they obviously have to bill for all the material whether it's utilized or not. I was hoping to cut more Stentorian baffles on the left over sheet, but those 6" woofers are now sold out.

Each box is going to weigh so much that it will need to be shipped in 2 different boxes. The packaging materials are over $12 with 2 boxes, then add in Paypal fees of $6 and the box is now up around $175 or so.

I have a friend who is interested in three of these dual opposed 18" boxes. I might even be able to pick them up if they are coming from around Cincinnati. Any possibilities here?
post #309 of 956
Could someone please help me with a quick question? I have two 1cuft boxes. In order to install a Dayton plate amp, it looks like I have to cut through the brace that runs horizontally across the interior rear panel. I don't see any other way to do it. This is correct right? Just want to make sure it doesn't affect the integrity of the box. Thanks.
post #310 of 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by dftkell View Post

Could someone please help me with a quick question? I have two 1cuft boxes. In order to install a Dayton plate amp, it looks like I have to cut through the brace that runs horizontally across the interior rear panel. I don't see any other way to do it. This is correct right? Just want to make sure it doesn't affect the integrity of the box. Thanks.

Yes that is the correct way to do it per EricH's own instructions when I asked him the very same question
post #311 of 956
Great. Thanks.

Dan
post #312 of 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad B View Post

I have a friend who is interested in three of these dual opposed 18" boxes. I might even be able to pick them up if they are coming from around Cincinnati. Any possibilities here?

I am the friend that is VERY interested in these. Any word on when I could get some?biggrin.gif
post #313 of 956
I am very interested in getting two flat pack kits. I was going to try and build the Simple 12 Infinity Kappa or a table tuba horn. How will the 15" or 18" 4 cu ft perform compared to these? I couldn't find any reviews on the performance of these subs once built.
post #314 of 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by sslv2pwned View Post

I am very interested in getting two flat pack kits. I was going to try and build the Simple 12 Infinity Kappa or a table tuba horn. How will the 15" or 18" 4 cu ft perform compared to these? I couldn't find any reviews on the performance of these subs once built.

I'd say go for the 4 cu ft 18" sealed. From my understanding the Table Tuba is only good down to 30hrz and then distortion and other issues come up driven any lower. The Tuba HT is the one you want if you worried about extension but its massive 3ft x 3ft x 3ft. If you got the power go with the 4cuft flat pack and a Dayton Ref 18".
post #315 of 956
Thanks!

What would hit harder and have greater SPL....
  • 4 cu ft 18" sealed
  • new 4 cu ft ported with 12"
  • new 4 cu ft dual opposed 12's
  • possible future ported 15" with dual 4" ports
post #316 of 956
Depending on the driver and power the 18" sealed would probably have more output then any of the ones you listed, with the exception being the 15" ported which could have more output. The 18" still have alittle more surface area then the dual 12" but not by much.
post #317 of 956
Then the 4 cu ft 18" sealed is what I will go with. Two of them. smile.gif



Erich - Any update on the 4 cu ft boxes being back in stock?
post #318 of 956
there is other things to consider. what amp are you planning on using? what driver? do you have any kind of DSP device for low end boost or LPF?
post #319 of 956
I was thinking about getting the iNUKE NU3000DSP and the Dayton Audio RSS460HO-4 driver. Should I consider something different?
post #320 of 956
Got a response from Erich Re: 4cu ft packs yesterday. He said there had been a run on the flat packs and they were sold out quickly. He is expecting some in the next week or so. smile.gif Hope this helps sslv2pwned.
post #321 of 956
He must be a busy guy... I am still waiting for a response back I sent him about a week ago. smile.gif
post #322 of 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post

He must be a busy guy... I am still waiting for a response back I sent him about a week ago. smile.gif

He is. This is a side "business" (we all are trying to get him focused on profit) for him. He owns a landscaping business and spring is full crank time for him.

Have a little patience and it will be rewarded. Erich has awesome flat packs at ridiculous prices.
post #323 of 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java View Post

He is. This is a side "business" (we all are trying to get him focused on profit) for him. He owns a landscaping business and spring is full crank time for him.

Have a little patience and it will be rewarded. Erich has awesome flat packs at ridiculous prices.

Thank you for the information. I am just anxious to move forward with my project..just like a little kid.......biggrin.gif.....
post #324 of 956
Will there be any SEOS kits that use the BA-750? Or is the increased cost simply not worth it?
post #325 of 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel975 View Post

Will there be any SEOS kits that use the BA-750? Or is the increased cost simply not worth it?
In the future with the SEOS 15.
post #326 of 956
I'd be very interested in that. Is there any kind of estimated timeline on it?
post #327 of 956
preorder for the 15s just went up so it might be a little while
post #328 of 956
Thread Starter 
There is an order in for more 4 cuft boxes along with the ported 4cuft box designed for some 12" woofers. As soon as those are done, the next thing will be the big 7.5 cuft box. It's still in the design phase simply because of shipping sizes. I do have one now it goes together just fine. I'm hoping to get it made for ported 15's (which should give a net volume around 6.5 cuft). And also use the same box for dual opposed 15's and 18's (which should give a net volume of 7cuft because there are no ports).

My time opens up pretty good in a couple weeks because most of my work has to be done by Mother's Day. After that, things should run much more smoothly from there on out.

Oh, and I'm trying to talk the CNC company into a short run of dual woofers in a vertical alignment and Jeff Bagby has been helping to design some passive radiator subwoofers in 10", 12", and 15" sizes. They're designed, just waiting for the CNC company to cut them.
post #329 of 956
15" with 2 pr would totally get all my money.....yeahhh....
post #330 of 956
Is there a waiting list or can we pre-pay? I don't want to miss out on this batch.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › More Flat Pack Kits Coming.