or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › More Flat Pack Kits Coming.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

More Flat Pack Kits Coming. - Page 12

post #331 of 917
I ordered two of the 4 cuft boxes for the Dayton 18". What amp do you guys recommend to drive two of these?
post #332 of 917
EP4000
post #333 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by sslv2pwned View Post

I ordered two of the 4 cuft boxes for the Dayton 18". What amp do you guys recommend to drive two of these?

I used an EP4000. I'm sure others will chime in with alternatives
post #334 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by sslv2pwned View Post

I ordered two of the 4 cuft boxes for the Dayton 18". What amp do you guys recommend to drive two of these?

do you ever plan on adding more? if yes, get the Cerwin Vega CV5000

if no maybe a Berhinger iNuke 6000
post #335 of 917
Thanks, guys. Can you review my parts list below and tell me if I need anything else? What connectors do I need to connect the sub speaker wire to the AMP? What about connecting the AVR to the AMP?

Dayton Audio RSS460HO-4 18" Reference HO Subwoofer 4 ohm

Dayton Audio BPA-38G HD Binding Post Pair Gold

50ft 12AWG Enhanced Loud Oxygen-Free Copper Speaker Wire Cable

Behringer NU6000 iNUKE 6000W

For the price of the EP4000 and the NU6000, I figure that I may as well go with the NU6000. If I wanted to add a third sub, how would I wire it in with the NU6000?
post #336 of 917
If you're getting an iNuke you should consider the DSP version for $100 more

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=248-6710
post #337 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by sslv2pwned View Post

Thanks, guys. Can you review my parts list below and tell me if I need anything else? What connectors do I need to connect the sub speaker wire to the AMP? What about connecting the AVR to the AMP?

Dayton Audio RSS460HO-4 18" Reference HO Subwoofer 4 ohm

Dayton Audio BPA-38G HD Binding Post Pair Gold

50ft 12AWG Enhanced Loud Oxygen-Free Copper Speaker Wire Cable

Behringer NU6000 iNUKE 6000W

For the price of the EP4000 and the NU6000, I figure that I may as well go with the NU6000. If I wanted to add a third sub, how would I wire it in with the NU6000?

You can't really. The inuke won't handle a 2 ohm load. That's why you should go with the cv5000 if you plan on having more than two. The cv5000 can handle four of them.
post #338 of 917
I guess I'll go with the EP4000 then. If I end up needing a DSP, I will add a mini-dsp. I guess if I decide to add more subs, I'll just add another AMP.... or sell and get a new one.
post #339 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by sslv2pwned View Post

I guess I'll go with the EP4000 then. If I end up needing a DSP, I will add a mini-dsp. I guess if I decide to add more subs, I'll just add another AMP.... or sell and get a new one.

that will only get you 600 watts to each sub. it will work but they can take twice as much power as that.
post #340 of 917
i run 2 of the dayton 18s off the ep4k, as long as his room isn't massive it should do fine and its easy to add another/larger amp later
post #341 of 917
Hey Guys, what glue do you guys recommend to use with these boxes? Do you guys use screws as well? If so which ones?

Also, what kind of clamps are recommended to be used and how many are needed to do it properly? I would be getting the 3cu ft box.

Laslty, (sorry for all the questions) what screws do you guys use to connect the sub to the box?

Thanks!
post #342 of 917
titebond 2/3 works fine holds great and cures quickly
- if you want to go overkill use PL-Premium but it takes much longer to set

no screws needed

the cheap bar clamps work fine from home depot or harbor freight

for attaching the sub look for some 1.5" #8-#6 screws work fine pan heads are best if you can get them
post #343 of 917
I was going to try some band clamps next for my 18" Stereo Integrity build (I just returned some crappy cheap Menards clamps).

But maybe masking tape is good enough?
post #344 of 917
I just got mine. They came quicker than I thought. I haven't opened them yet. I haven't even ordered the drivers and amp yet. I need to get on the ball and do that this weekend.

I may start building them today. I was going to use a brad nailer and glue. I only have two clamps.
post #345 of 917
What is better, NU6000DSP or NU6000 with Mini DSP?
post #346 of 917
Crown XTi due to a better DSP chip.
post #347 of 917
Since the NU6000 uses speakon connectors, should I use speakon at the sub end too?
post #348 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by sslv2pwned View Post

Since the NU6000 uses speakon connectors, should I use speakon at the sub end too?

Makes no difference at all. Use whatever you've got. I use speakons on all my amp sides and bananas on my sub side but really only because it's what I had on hand.
post #349 of 917
Thread Starter 
I took some photos of the 4 cuft ported model this evening. I'm really happy with this design.

This one took some changes to really make it go together easy. But it's done. This one is for the Dayton Ultimax or RS 12's and it uses two 3" Precision Ports. With the new tube extensions, you can port this under 20hz. It will accept ports about 25" long before getting too close to the rear panel. Yes, the photos have a nice Easter Egg tint to them.......even though they are actually sitting on bright white styrofoam! rolleyes.gif I think my camera white balance is off.




The back brace on the rear panel can be turned the other way if you need to install a plate amp!





post #350 of 917
Nice, Eric! One could also put some 90 degree elbow fittingd at the back of the cab to get an even lower tune, if the ports being used allow for it.
post #351 of 917
Any news on when the anarchy horn flat packs will be available again?
post #352 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotJun View Post

Any news on when the anarchy horn flat packs will be available again?

Probably doesn't matter, Kevin is shutting Exodus Audio down and the Anarchy will no longer be available. So unless someone picks up the driver and gets the rights to it, I doubt we will see them again. No point in a enclosure designed for a certain driver if its no longer available. Maybe the Anarchy horn could be slightly redesigned for another 6.5-7" woofer line the Tang Band.
post #353 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpsuper24 View Post

Probably doesn't matter, Kevin is shutting Exodus Audio down and the Anarchy will no longer be available. So unless someone picks up the driver and gets the rights to it, I doubt we will see them again. No point in a enclosure designed for a certain driver if its no longer available. Maybe the Anarchy horn could be slightly redesigned for another 6.5-7" woofer line the Tang Band.
Many of us already own or recently purchased them at his sale price.
post #354 of 917
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2 View Post

Many of us already own or recently purchased them at his sale price.
I myself did so two weeks ago. Also I'm told that you can run the tang woofer instead?
post #355 of 917
Thread Starter 
I need to order at least 75 of the Anarchy tapped horn boxes to get them cut. I would consider it if there was still enough interest.


Guys, are there any other subwoofer boxes we should look into? Or any other woofers for the 4 cuft boxes?
post #356 of 917
Eric,

The 4cf sub box is awesome!
Can I have external L x W x H?

Thank you,
sgibson
post #357 of 917
Thread Starter 
The ported 4 cuft box is 18.25" tall, 18" wide, 28.75" deep with the double thick baffle.
post #358 of 917
I've got 1 Dayton 12" ultimax, that 4 cu ft ported box design available for order now?

Edit-I see orders are open, who can supply me the 3" precision ports?
These? http://www.parts-express.com/brand/precision-sound/285


Using this calculator, http://www.psp-inc.com/tools.html
shows I need 22.6" length, it's then as simple as that? getting the PVC pipe/connectors and glue it up?
My 1st ported sub.


I'll play in WINIsd speaker modeling this.

Put a 20hz HPF on it, Nuke1000 amp and good to go...
Perfect for my living room 5.1 set-up.
Sent from my 32GB iPhone4 using Tapatalk
Edited by mtbdudex - 6/5/13 at 6:01pm
post #359 of 917
Thread Starter 
You can now order the Precision Port extensions and couplings from PE. One of the extensions can be cut in half.
post #360 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich H View Post

I need to order at least 75 of the Anarchy tapped horn boxes to get them cut. I would consider it if there was still enough interest.


Guys, are there any other subwoofer boxes we should look into? Or any other woofers for the 4 cuft boxes?
I will be impatiently waiting for two smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › More Flat Pack Kits Coming.