or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › 2012 Panasonic Plasmas???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2012 Panasonic Plasmas??? - Page 8

post #211 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin35 View Post

I was just wondering what besides the cosmetics of these TVs makes them a solid step up? I know you are one of the few around here who have actually seen them so I am curious.

From the demos -- admitted that they were demos -- I believe that the new models will be:

1) Brighter: not a ton, but brighter
2) Darker: the blacks are improved. Again, perhaps not a ton but they are better
3) Improved in ambient light: between the filter improvements / trickle down to lower models and the panel changes, I think the TVs will be better on a Sunday afternoon

Are any of these revolutionary? No. But all together, I think the improvements will be noticeable.
post #212 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

From the demos -- admitted that they were demos -- I believe that the new models will be:

1) Brighter: not a ton, but brighter
2) Darker: the blacks are improved. Again, perhaps not a ton but they are better
3) Improved in ambient light: between the filter improvements / trickle down to lower models and the panel changes, I think the TVs will be better on a Sunday afternoon

Are any of these revolutionary? No. But all together, I think the improvements will be noticeable.

Those along with some (hopeful) improvements in color decoding should make for a great display (assuming no major issues crop up).
post #213 of 601
I am sure they will be great That is for sure.........
post #214 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

I am sure they will be great That is for sure.........

I am just hoping your arrival estimates are solid. Robert has them being delayed just a tiny bit longer than you do. I'm impatient!
post #215 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober205 View Post

I am just hoping your arrival estimates are solid. Robert has them being delayed just a tiny bit longer than you do. I'm impatient!

Agreed. Since I will be returning my 65ST30, I will not be able to tolerate my SXRD...need to jump ship and fast.
post #216 of 601
Surely, this is a joke? Perhaps it depends on what you mean by lately. But if you mean over the past two weeks, maybe. But over the past few years he has been wrong quite a bit. To the point where I no longer trust his objectitity or believe what he says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post

I think they will be incrementally better, but not earth shattering better. D-Nice seemed to allude to this, as well, as he's been spot on with everything regarding Panasonic lately.
post #217 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober205 View Post

I am just hoping your arrival estimates are solid. Robert has them being delayed just a tiny bit longer than you do. I'm impatient!

There is nothing solid about arrival dates, they can be delayed without notice by the manufacturer. I have seen units been delayed up to 3 months. I am not saying to expect delays, however I will not be holding my breath either. If you are going to be getting one right away when they are released I hope you plan on to per-order somewhere........
post #218 of 601
If you're going to make accusations about someone you better back them up.

How about pointing to a few of these "wrong quite a bit" threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnobber View Post

Surely, this is a joke? Perhaps it depends on what you mean by lately. But if you mean over the past two weeks, maybe. But over the past few years he has been wrong quite a bit. To the point where I no longer trust his objectitity or believe what he says.
post #219 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnobber View Post

Surely, this is a joke? Perhaps it depends on what you mean by lately. But if you mean over the past two weeks, maybe. But over the past few years he has been wrong quite a bit. To the point where I no longer trust his objectitity or believe what he says.

If you choose to attack and belittle a valued forum member...be prepared to back it up.
post #220 of 601
Where did dnice go? Did he say he was leaving the forum or something?
post #221 of 601
Lots of examples of his lack of objectivity. An easy one is go back and look at the 2011 Panasonic threads where he claimed early on that Panny would never release a fix for fbs.

Then go forward and read how after they did fix the issue with a firmware update how he refused to admit they fixed it and instead started debating the meaning of the word fixed. Reminded me of: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman".

Then he went on to state that if something can be measured then its a defect that can be seen. Which is so clearly wrong that its not even an issue that any reasonable person would even try to debate. I can think of thousands of picture quality measurements that can be measured but that the human eye cannot resolve. Its just silly to see him squirm around to try and avoid admitting he was wrong. That is why I no longer respect him or trust his evaluations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_B View Post

If you're going to make accusations about someone you better back them up.

How about pointing to a few of these "wrong quite a bit" threads?
post #222 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnobber View Post

Lots of examples of his lack of objectivity. An easy one is go back and look at the 2011 Panasonic threads where he claimed early on that Panny would never release a fix for fbs.

Then go forward and read how after they did fix the issue with a firmware update how he refused to admit they fixed it and instead started debating the meaning of the word fixed. Reminded me of: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman".

Then he went on to state that if something can be measured then its a defect that can be seen. Which is so clearly wrong that its not even an issue that any reasonable person would even try to debate. I can think of thousands of picture quality measurements that can be measured but that the human eye cannot resolve. Its just silly to see him squirm around to try and avoid admitting he was wrong. That is why I no longer respect him or trust his evaluations.

A fix would be the complete elimination of a problem, not the minimization of a problem. He has thousands of post over the course of several years. Provide a solid example if you are going to question his integrity.

Your posting history shows D-nice attacks going back at least two years. You have an agenda apparently.
post #223 of 601
I see what you did there! You took D-Nice's ridiculous argument and repeated it. Apparently saying something clearly wrong over and over again will eventually make it correct.

And no, sorry to pop your balloon, but I have no agenda, other than wanting people to think for themselves and to point out logic errors and lack of objectivity, no matter who it comes from. No one is perfect or immune to bias, even if subconcious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober205 View Post

A fix would be the complete elimination of a problem, not the minimization of a problem. He has thousands of post over the course of several years. Provide a solid example if you are going to question his integrity.

Your posting history shows D-nice attacks going back at least two years. You have an agenda apparently.
post #224 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

From the demos -- admitted that they were demos -- I believe that the new models will be:

1) Brighter: not a ton, but brighter
2) Darker: the blacks are improved. Again, perhaps not a ton but they are better
3) Improved in ambient light: between the filter improvements / trickle down to lower models and the panel changes, I think the TVs will be better on a Sunday afternoon

Are any of these revolutionary? No. But all together, I think the improvements will be noticeable.


Another thing I read is that 3D will have a 24p option on the VT50 which the current VT30 doesn't have....it only does 24p in 2D.
post #225 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnobber View Post

I see what you did there! You took D-Nice's ridiculous argument and repeated it. Apparently saying something clearly wrong over and over again will eventually make it correct.

And no, sorry to pop your balloon, but I have no agenda, other than wanting people to think for themselves and to point out logic errors and lack of objectivity, no matter who it comes from. No one is perfect or immune to bias, even if subconcious.

So you believe that it is rediculous when you fix something...to...you know...actually fix it? Making something "less bad" rather than completely eliminating the issue is not a fix. I apologize if you do not understand that. If it were possible to make something so simple even easier for you to understand...I would.
post #226 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober205 View Post

So you believe that it is rediculous when you fix something...to...you know...actually fix it? Making something "less bad" rather than completely eliminating the issue is not a fix. I apologize if you do not understand that. If it were possible to make something so simple even easier for you to understand...I would.

I think I found my signature line since I see this word spelled wrong all the time, its spelled rIdiculous!!!!!!! No "E" in it just "I's"
post #227 of 601
Not going to start another debate on the meaning of the word fixed again. Been there, done that, bought the T-Shirt.

Feel free to blindly follow those who you want. Feel free to attack my intelligence. I will feel free to continue to point out logical errors and loss of objectivity where I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober205 View Post

So you believe that it is rediculous when you fix something...to...you know...actually fix it? Making something "less bad" rather than completely eliminating the issue is not a fix. I apologize if you do not understand that. If it were possible to make something so simple even easier for you to understand...I would.
post #228 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnobber View Post

Not going to start another debate on the meaning of the word fixed again. Been there, done that, bought the T-Shirt.

Feel free to blindly follow those who you want. Feel free to attack my intelligence. I will feel free to continue to point out logical errors and loss of objectivity where I see it.

So you are wrong. That's it? You have nothing further to add? You attacked the integrity of another member and have yet to offer a single valid example to back up your claims. I can wait if you need more time.
post #229 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

I'm not Chris, but the 50 series is a very solid step up from the 30 series. I'm not sure why some people aren't enthusiastic, but the all-new panel design pays some obvious dividends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

I guess I should have explained better:

I am taking about over all picture quality. Nothing else. I mean the sets of the past 1-2 years are pretty darn sweet are they not ? Well see what happens, but I think for "the average user" they will not notice anything major. Of course here on AVS there are few average users


Yes I was at CES. The new units have great changes. Design is thinner, weighs less, cooler apps, and has a sweet bezel. We will see in a few months if the picture Quality is any better, to hard to tell at CES.

rogo & Chris,

Thanks for your observations. they will be very helpful to me.

Wes
post #230 of 601
Does amazon do pre orders for televisions?
If so, if anyone has an idea, when can I expect to see it up on the site?
Thank you very much in advance.
post #231 of 601
Generally, I haven't seen Amazon do TV pre-orders. That said, there are exceptions to everything.

As for D-Nice, I have my own issues with him, but the attacks are really out of hand. Just chill folks. The guy has done more than his share in support of great video. He's also human.

wsokolosky, anytime.
post #232 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

Generally, I haven't seen Amazon do TV pre-orders. That said, there are exceptions to everything.

As for D-Nice, I have my own issues with him, but the attacks are really out of hand. Just chill folks. The guy has done more than his share in support of great video. He's also human.

wsokolosky, anytime.

People tend to forget this.
post #233 of 601
I've been gearing up to buy a 42" for some time (we don't have a lot of space so 42" is about as big as we can go for main TV) and have been disappointed by the progression away from top-end features in the 42" form factor. In 2011 they dropped the 42" G series. Now for 2012 they're dropping the 42" ST series, too, and replacing it with the new UT series.

From the press release, it looks like the UT50 doesn't have the Infinite Black Pro panel of the ST/GT50, or the Infinite Black 2 panel of the ST/GT30. Does that mean the blacks are going to suck?
post #234 of 601
Panasonic never provided a fix. They provided an update that reduced the FBrs. If the FBrs were fixed (which means eliminated) I would not have seen and been able to point out Fbrs on a VT30 I calibrated 3 days ago (December 2011 manufacture date with all updates installed).

Panasonic does not call their FBr solution a fix. They call it an update... because they know the definition of fix.

Whether or not you respect, believe and/or recogonize the information I freely provide is your perogative. And yes, I am human and can, do and will make mistakes. However, when I am wrong I'm man enough to admit it. There are quite a few individuals on this forum who are incapable doing the same. Perhaps you need to look in the mirror and ask yourself whether or not you are one of those individuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnobber View Post

Lots of examples of his lack of objectivity. An easy one is go back and look at the 2011 Panasonic threads where he claimed early on that Panny would never release a fix for fbs.
post #235 of 601
Does anybody know if these 2012 Panasonics are using the 10 lumens tech on these plasma sets? Particularly the VT,GT, and ST series.
post #236 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Panasonic never provided a fix. They provided an update that reduced the FBrs. If the FBrs were fixed (which means eliminated) I would not have seen and been able to point out Fbrs on a VT30 I calibrated 3 days ago (December 2011 manufacture date with all updates installed).

Unrelated, but did you see any obvious pink/magenta tinting on the sides of this VT30 you calibrated? It's quite noticeable in middle grey and on tan/beige colors like a basketball court or white like hockey ice. For that matter, what about an obvious green tint to the middle third of the screen? I'm playing the panel lottery game right now and am probably going to be getting my 3rd VT30 from Amazon and I'm not confident these problems won't show up.
post #237 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuDiOBoY529 View Post

Does anybody know if these 2012 Panasonics are using the 10 lumens tech on these plasma sets? Particularly the VT,GT, and ST series.

No
post #238 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmkf View Post


Unrelated, but did you see any obvious pink/magenta tinting on the sides of this VT30 you calibrated? It's quite noticeable in middle grey and on tan/beige colors like a basketball court or white like hockey ice. For that matter, what about an obvious green tint to the middle third of the screen? I'm playing the panel lottery game right now and am probably going to be getting my 3rd VT30 from Amazon and I'm not confident these problems won't show up.

No to all of your questions
post #239 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

VT30 I calibrated 3 days ago (December 2011 manufacture date with all updates installed).

Speaking of calibrating a VT30 3 days ago; how did it go?

Probably sending back my 2nd 65VT30 to BB, tomorrow. First, was VERY dim, with DARK reds. Second, is quite a bit better, but I'm sick of watching TV in the dark.

I'm "planning" on holding out for the VT50, but I'd LOVE a big 70 or 80 incher, so..... Who knows.

P.S. I don't post there either. Well, can't, actually.
post #240 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Panasonic never provided a fix. They provided an update that reduced the FBrs. If the FBrs were fixed (which means eliminated) I would not have seen and been able to point out Fbrs on a VT30 I calibrated 3 days ago (December 2011 manufacture date with all updates installed).

Panasonic does not call their FBr solution a fix. They call it an update... because they know the definition of fix.

So how did the VT30 look once you calibrated it (apart from fbr).

Any plans to come to Northern Cal (Bay Area)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › 2012 Panasonic Plasmas???