or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › 2012 Panasonic Plasmas???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2012 Panasonic Plasmas??? - Page 15

post #421 of 601
Great. Thanks for your comment.
post #422 of 601
Thanks for your post! That's good to know.
I just wasn't sure because of their website (it looked made up), but I see them being mentioned in several places now.
post #423 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by badasscat View Post

Just waiting for the tax refund, and for the TV to be available somewhere that doesn't charge MSRP, and where I can at least see it in person first.

Most , including our self's, put MSRP up for preorders. When they come out they will not be selling for MSRP, at least over here.
post #424 of 601
Any more accurate date on when stores will have the GT50?
post #425 of 601
I hope the ST series maintains its low input lag numbers. The inclusion of faster phosphors this year, and hopefully low input lag, could make this TV a no-brainer for gaming. Does anyone here own the ST30? If so, have you noticed a decrease in phosphor lag as the panel aged? Anyway, seems like the ST is shaping up to be the best "bang for your buck".
post #426 of 601
Does anyone know how many of the new RF/bluetooth glasses the 2012 VT models are supposed to ship with? 1 pair like last year? According to http://panasonic.net/avc/viera/us201...cessories.html the new part numbers are ty-er3d4m/s for medium/small, and those are the only two sizes. Haven't seen an MSRP for these either.
post #427 of 601
Does anyone have dimensions yet on the 50" ST50? Really hoping that this TV fits as I have a framed hole that I am enlarging to 48 1/4" wide. Height and depth are not issues.

TIA
Fej
post #428 of 601
Just went to the BB at Union Square in NYC today. They've removed all of their 2011 Panny plasmas from their display, but kept all the Viera signs, etc. Looks like they are getting ready for the new models
post #429 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveZ06 View Post

I hope the ST series maintains its low input lag numbers. The inclusion of faster phosphors this year, and hopefully low input lag, could make this TV a no-brainer for gaming. Does anyone here own the ST30? If so, have you noticed a decrease in phosphor lag as the panel aged? Anyway, seems like the ST is shaping up to be the best "bang for your buck".

You and me both! Waiting for May-ish to get a 55ST50 to replace my 46S1.
post #430 of 601
Panasonic needs to move some units - expect very competitive pricing. I was looking at the 65VT30, but it looks like the VT50 will have a much more aggressive price point. I personally think the VT50 and GT50 series panels are much more attractive than the outgoing models.
post #431 of 601
That must be a misprint as that is a super low price for the 65VT50. If it isn't that is sweet.

Looks like the link to the cheap 65VT50 was removed.
post #432 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by myoda View Post

Panasonic needs to move some units - expect very competitive pricing. I was looking at the 65VT30, but it looks like the VT50 will have a much more aggressive price point. I personally think the VT50 and GT50 series panels are much more attractive than the outgoing models.

There pricing will probably be the best by far, as LG and Samsung will have a minimum sale price policy in place.
post #433 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

There pricing will probably be the best by far, as LG and Samsung will have a minimum sale price policy in place.

Any word yet on when you'll get the GT and VT series?
post #434 of 601
Where did the macmall link go?

Edit: found it

If that price sticks for the 60st50 I'm in
post #435 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by fej01z View Post

Does anyone have dimensions yet on the 50" ST50? Really hoping that this TV fits as I have a framed hole that I am enlarging to 48 1/4" wide. Height and depth are not issues.

You're in luck - it looks like you will have a few inches to spare. Here are the dimensions directly from the TVs' designer:

TC-P50ST50 28.0" High x 46.5" Wide x 1.8" thick (height with stand is 29.8")

TC-P50GT50 27.8" High x 46.1" Wide x 1.6" thick (height with stand is 29.7") (weight is 50 lbs without stand)
post #436 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

There pricing will probably be the best by far, as LG and Samsung will have a minimum sale price policy in place.

I read Samsung is going to force MSRP prices on their new plasma's. Seems like an idiotic plan to me.
post #437 of 601
Holy crap, the price for the VT is insanely low not to mention the other 2 models. If these prices hold up I'll seriously consider jumping in early for the VT!
post #438 of 601
Randy you are the man! Thanks, now I can go with a cleaner edge in the 47.5" range, lot less work involved. Thanks again

Fej
post #439 of 601
Okay the ST50's are supposed to arrive today! Maybe a quick first impression from someone?
post #440 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcc View Post

Does anyone know how many of the new RF/bluetooth glasses the 2012 VT models are supposed to ship with? 1 pair like last year? According to http://panasonic.net/avc/viera/us201...cessories.html the new part numbers are ty-er3d4m/s for medium/small, and those are the only two sizes. Haven't seen an MSRP for these either.

None of the tv's will ship with glasses. The new glasses are supposed to be cheaper, how much they are isn't known yet.
post #441 of 601
SoIm assuming that the 2012 models will have Bluetooth technology like the Samsungs for 3D viewing instead of IR used in the 2011 models?
post #442 of 601
Yes Bluetooth 3D glasses from Panasonic this year.
post #443 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipit View Post

None of the tv's will ship with glasses. The new glasses are supposed to be cheaper, how much they are isn't known yet.

Thanks, not suprising given the lowered MSRPs for 2012.

Even if the new glasses are a bit cheaper, it's going to be hard to justify buying 2 pairs just for a couple 3d rentals per year. Will hold off on trying to order some for now.
post #444 of 601
Best Buy has zero 2011 models where I live, even the floor models are gone. Perhaps they'll get a new shipment in soon as well?
post #445 of 601
Does anyone know if the 42 inch UT50 comes with a swivel stand ?

Netflix - pandora and Youtube ?

i know in the past most all TV came with these features - but nothing on the website talks this much -

swivel stand is important to me for where i need to place the TV - i need it to swivel - i hope it comes with one -
post #446 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by expresso712 View Post

Does anyone know if the 42 inch UT50 comes with a swivel stand ? swivel stand is important to me for where i need to place the TV - i need it to swivel - i hope it comes with one

There's no mention or indication of a swivel base in the UT50 manual, while the ST50 manual does, so it looks like the UT50 does not swivel. But the 42UT50 only weighs 45 lbs and you could just hook your fingers under the bottom edge and the TV should turn fairly easily. I used to do this with my 99lb 42PZ700U several times a week when i was using the factory base. On a friend's install a long time ago i cut an old towel out a little smaller than his TV's base then set the TV on that and it made the TV much easier to move since the stand isn't sitting on it's rubber pads. Waxing the table top helped too.

Or you can just buy a good lazy susan type of swivel from these guys: http://www.bestvaluetvswivels.com/index.htm


Quote:


Netflix - pandora and Youtube ? i know in the past most all TV came with these features - but nothing on the website talks this much

All three are listed at the bottom of this UT50 product page:

http://panasonic.net/avc/viera/us201...ut_plasma.html
post #447 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggybong View Post

Best Buy has zero 2011 models where I live, even the floor models are gone. Perhaps they'll get a new shipment in soon as well?

If I remember correctly the "in-stock date" for the UT50 (all sizes) was listed at 3/11 and the ST50 was 3/25. The only size I could find for the ST50 in the inventory system was the 55". I found all sizes for the UT50 aside from the 42". keep in mind in-stock dates usually indicate a distribution center in-stock date and not necessarily all stores will have received shipments by then.

My store still has the ST/GT/VT30 in both 55" and 65".
post #448 of 601
i guess i can do with one of those swivel bases - thanks for the link -
so that solves one of my concerns - now its really about how good the TV is itself -
as soon as i get some good reviews - i can decide which one to get -

i did have the ET5 model also in mind - its the LED model - reason being i am worried about daytime use in my bedroom - it will be near a window - i tried a LG plasma last year - was a great price so i tried it - but it was way too dark -- a friend has last years panasonics and they do seem brighter than the LG one i tried - i am hoping this new UT model is even brighter than last years - then it may just work - besides its less expensive than the LED model also - just have to worry about glasses which bothers me - they cost so much for maybe one or two time use -
post #449 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by expresso712 View Post

i guess i can do with one of those swivel bases - thanks for the link -
so that solves one of my concerns - now its really about how good the TV is itself -
as soon as i get some good reviews - i can decide which one to get -

i did have the ET5 model also in mind - its the LED model - reason being i am worried about daytime use in my bedroom - it will be near a window - i tried a LG plasma last year - was a great price so i tried it - but it was way too dark -- a friend has last years panasonics and they do seem brighter than the LG one i tried - i am hoping this new UT model is even brighter than last years - then it may just work - besides its less expensive than the LED model also - just have to worry about glasses which bothers me - they cost so much for maybe one or two time use -

The increased brightness of the 2012 models only applies to ST/GT/VT models. I could be wrong though, but the UT model is not apart of the new panel design.
post #450 of 601
thanks and i think your right - i believe most of the updated changes are for the upper models - i think the UT may have the same panel as last years S model - not much adjustments you can make etc. - no pro settings - and panel not as dark -

a friend has one - and another ST30 - which he did say the S model is fine - and a bit brighter than the ST model - but last years S didnt have 3D - this year the UT has 3D - so not sure what kind of panel is used - or if any filters are used etc. -

i hope some reviews come out soon on the UT and the ET5 model - maybe even a comparison between the two -
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › 2012 Panasonic Plasmas???