Hello everyone, between the studying for the exam I managed to do some work. I've finished the media rack, put on the trim and put it in place were it'll stand. Boy is this thing HEAVY. Me and my gardener moved (slided) it from ther HT into the garage where I sanded the edges and put up the top part as well as the halfroud trim and scotia pine. With all this extra added weight, we moved it back into the HT corridor and lifted it onto its base. We first had to lift the one side onto the tempopary riser piece (I built in the beginning of the build) because we could'nt pick up the whole rack at once, and then the other side and slid it onto the base
but its up there now
I'll paint it in place after I anchored it to the wall.
Here's some before pics:
And here's the after pics - that's after like in "after the huffing and puffing"
Another part of the build that I didn't looked forward to, was the covering of the screen wall and building the corner traps with the fibreglass batts. Luckily it's done now!
It started with a pile of yellow boards, my trusty electric carving knife (btw. it's giving off a slightly burnt electronics smell, so it might be on it's way out - I hope it'll hold till everything is done) and some adhesive. Here is the first panel ready to go up:
And here it is - ta-daa!!
And four down
Here's how I did the cutout for the centre speaker's shelf bracket:
And finally the whole wall was covered:
Next up was the corner traps:
The first panel divided into eight triangles
And the first panel cut up - that is the first of 13 and a half panels = 108 triangles - itchy, itchy ....
Here's some of the triangles,enough about for one trap, in the HT
And late eyesterday afternoon - both traps are finished and the days work is done!!