Originally Posted by Jack@Micca
We have a new firmware that is in "beta" state. Just prior to release, we discovered an issue with the Samba host name setting that doesn't work. Here are what's included in this update:
- HiTV Chinese video-on-demand feature now with multi-server support.
- Added shortcut support for local and Samba network folders and files.
- Added ability to manually load a subtitle file while watching videos.
- Added Arabic subtitle support.
- Added ability to set Music repeat/loop/shuffle using the "REPEAT" remote button.
- Added Samba workgroup and hostname configurations.
- Fixed file copy issues and errors under certain conditions.
- Fixed issue where network speed is displayed as 0 when the actual speed is very high.
- Fixed idx+sub subtitle display issues under certain conditions.
- Fixed HiTV MP4 file seamless playback issues
- Fixed issue where changing the video output mode using the remote "TV Mode" button is not saved.
- Improved PPPOE function.
- Fixed inability to add music playlists and photo albums to the media library.
- Fixed issue where there is no sound when playing a MP3 file and audio output is set to RAW.
- Fixed Facebook SSL login issue.
- Fixed incorrect BD menu display.
- Fixed occasional disk format failure.
Some known issues or feature requests that this firmware does not address:
- There still is no fix for 23.976fps playback for 3D content, which remains being played back at 24fps. We continue to work on this.
- 16:9 DVD menus are displayed in 4:3 mode, even though main movie plays correctly.
- No support for forced subtitles.
- Auto time setting function does not work.
- Player does not remember alternate TTF subtitle font selection.
We hope to get the Samba host name issue fixed and release this new firmware very soon.