or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Official BenQ W7000 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official BenQ W7000 Owners Thread - Page 74

post #2191 of 3788
No I didn't. I don't have the equipment to do so nor do I think it necessary. I can't justify spending 2 grand on something that may kinda work for me under specific conditions. I have to have the color look correct so that completely nixes dynamic mode anyway. Also the fact that it was making me sick to watch it and the fact that I think it should work in all modes for me makes this a total disappointment. Thanks for the suggestions though. I just can't see making a 2grand square peg to fit in a round hole.

Could anyone suggest another route that would work for me or am I just stuck. As you can tell I am kinda picky.
post #2192 of 3788
Does anyone know if amazon has a bulb hour limit for their returns or is it just the 30 days like everything else
post #2193 of 3788
Thread Starter 
give them a call to ask. I thought you were using this for 3D only and using the 8500 for 2D? RBE is significantly reduced in 3D mode. It will also wear off some once the lamp ages over 40-50 hours. .This projector is cranking out 1500 lumens in high lamp. Lower the lamp to eco mode which should help as well.

if not, amazon is very accommodating with returns.
post #2194 of 3788
So you think I should test it in 3d mode. I only had it on for maybe 1 hr yesterday. You think amazon will take it back with few hours on it
post #2195 of 3788
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt17 View Post

So you think I should test it in 3d mode. I only had it on for maybe 1 hr yesterday. You think amazon will take it back with few hours on it

Yes, I think you have a full 30 days, but please verify to be certain. Do you have the glasses already? I am very RBE sensitive and it dropped off significantly after the first 50 hours on the lamp.
post #2196 of 3788
Amazon will take the return. I have personal experience with this.
post #2197 of 3788
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt17 View Post

I can't justify spending 2 grand on something that may kinda work for me under specific conditions. As you can tell I am kinda picky.

I also agree to try it in 3D. Many can eventually see RBE if the brightness gets high enough, that does not mean your much more sensitive than the average person (you might be).
For many of us, any DLP is unwatchable over 25 fL or so, but we can still watch DLP's with 5x or 6x wheels at normal brightness. This is a common mistake people make when evaluating RBE.
I am very sensitive, I cannot even really watch 4x wheels, well I can until the scene gets too contrasty then it becomes rainbow city.
Edited by coderguy - 9/29/12 at 12:26pm
post #2198 of 3788
Well I have tested it in 3d and I am very impressed with the 3d. What is strange is that the color seems better in 3d than it does in cinema mode. I am finding that cinema seems to be too bright I don't see rainbows in 3d hardly at all but in 2d everything seems too saturated and almost looks like blooming of contrast when you try to set it I wish I had a way to measure it. I guess the way to describe it is like it almost glows and player uniforms seem to bleed.
post #2199 of 3788
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt17 View Post

Well I have tested it in 3d and I am very impressed with the 3d. What is strange is that the color seems better in 3d than it does in cinema mode. I am finding that cinema seems to be too bright I don't see rainbows in 3d hardly at all but in 2d everything seems too saturated and almost looks like blooming of contrast when you try to set it I wish I had a way to measure it. I guess the way to describe it is like it almost glows and player uniforms seem to bleed.

If you go back and read through this thread, there's a number of discussions on basic calibration. If you decide to keep it, in about 50 hours, the RBE should reduce further as the lamp settles in. UHP lamps are their brightest when new and will start to taper off within the first 100 hours.

what 3D did you see? I recommended Avengers 3D and Titanic 3D.. both amazing conversions. It used to be that a conversion was considered crap, but James Cameron shows how they can do it right.

Any of the IMAX titles are great since they were shot with expensive Imax 3D cameras.
post #2200 of 3788
I have a question, new Acer H9500BD is 300$ cheaper than refurbished W7000. any recommendation?
post #2201 of 3788
Thread Starter 
the main difference is the W7000 is brighter in 3D. It also has lens shift which makes mounting it a bit easier depending on the setup. both will provide a great 3D experience.
post #2202 of 3788
How is the W7000 for tv/sports compared to new or older JVC?
post #2203 of 3788
Last night I watched most of the Avengers, some of tangled, Most of Harry Potter Deathly Hallows, bits of Imax under the sea. A few things I have noticed is that it really makes a difference what the source is. As far as the performance of the 3D from the projector, it does a wonderful job. I noticed absolutely no crosstalk, ghosting, or whatever you want to call it. I was very pleased with that. I used to go to Best Buy all the time to look at tv's and how well the 3D was. I never liked it, even the plasma screens had some sort of crosstalk. So when I got clean 3D from this I was very excited, but as you all know it is the rainbows I am fighting. I am noticing that the longer I watch the less they seem to be around. I might try some 3d tv later today. One thing is for sure, there is no need to dim the lights to watch college football.
post #2204 of 3788
I am not hearing about a lot of problems with the W7000, compared to ones on other projector forums. I don't hear people complaining about bulb life, flickering, convergence issues (not a problem with DLP) bad focus, etc.. What issues is the W7000 having.if any?

Michael
post #2205 of 3788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post

I am not hearing about a lot of problems with the W7000, compared to ones on other projector forums. I don't hear people complaining about bulb life, flickering, convergence issues (not a problem with DLP) bad focus, etc.. What issues is the W7000 having.if any?

Michael

The most common problem is getting one with a bad iris. Other than that they are rock solid.
post #2206 of 3788
I've gotten into the service menu like stated here.

When I try to change the iris it doesnt let me change it more then one number either way and thats it. Any Ideas?

Also when you make changes in the service menu I see here that there is an issue saving them after a power down. Has the resolution to that been found? (alot of posts and I have not found one)

And lastly what is the proper way out of the service menu?
When I go into it and press the exit button it no longer accepts any remote commands. The remote basically becomes frozen and the only way I can get it working again is to power it down with the hard button on the projector.
post #2207 of 3788
Also does anybody know how there lens adjustment came out of the box. I'm wondering if my unit was open already. As in when hung upside down did you have to do major lens shift. It was like the Lens was set up to shoot down while being placed on a table above the screen. Not the usual hung upside down and shooting down or on the floor shooting up.
post #2208 of 3788
Wow Fed Ex delivered my new Benq W7000 today, and I carefully set it up, only to find that when I turn it on, it shows the logo, changes to a beautiful image from my source and then within 30 seconds powers down with the temp light lit red. The manual states that this means "The fans are not working." Oh, I hate to return it if there is any way I can get this to work. I can hear the fans running at low speed both when powered on and during the cool down period after it shuts down. I purchased through Amazon a week ago, but at the time, only several Amazon sellers had the product, so I bought from one of them listed as "lcdstore". In any case I just initiated the return process. I looked to see if there was a number in the manual or on the Benq U.S. site that I could call to talk to a tech about the problem, but didn't find any. Anyone have a number for Benq tech support in the U.S.? Any other ideas.... now I am back to using my ancient PT-AE900U again. At least in anticipation of the Benq I installed a new Da-lite High Power 119" screen (6x9) and set up a shelf mount a foot above eye level and 5 feet back from the viewing position(9' back). That alone made the Panasonic look like a brand new projector, even with 1600 hours on the 2nd lamp. Can't wait to try the Benq.
post #2209 of 3788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhuskey View Post

Wow Fed Ex delivered my new Benq W7000 today, and I carefully set it up, only to find that when I turn it on, it shows the logo, changes to a beautiful image from my source and then within 30 seconds powers down with the temp light lit red. The manual states that this means "The fans are not working." Oh, I hate to return it if there is any way I can get this to work. I can hear the fans running at low speed both when powered on and during the cool down period after it shuts down. I purchased through Amazon a week ago, but at the time, only several Amazon sellers had the product, so I bought from one of them listed as "lcdstore". In any case I just initiated the return process. I looked to see if there was a number in the manual or on the Benq U.S. site that I could call to talk to a tech about the problem, but didn't find any. Anyone have a number for Benq tech support in the U.S.? Any other ideas.... now I am back to using my ancient PT-AE900U again. At least in anticipation of the Benq I installed a new Da-lite High Power 119" screen (6x9) and set up a shelf mount a foot above eye level and 5 feet back from the viewing position(9' back). That alone made the Panasonic look like a brand new projector, even with 1600 hours on the 2nd lamp. Can't wait to try the Benq.

Never mind about the Benq tech support no. I just found it on the website. I will call them tomorrow.
post #2210 of 3788
Just got the projector today. Love the picture, however there is an annoying beep noise. Quite regular and very audible.

Anyone had any experience with this or no how to fix it?
post #2211 of 3788
You guys that just got yours. How much lens shift out of the box did you have to do? What was your installed position?
post #2212 of 3788
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopkiwi View Post

Just got the projector today. Love the picture, however there is an annoying beep noise. Quite regular and very audible.
Anyone had any experience with this or no how to fix it?

Going to bump this constantly as I really need an answer, it's starting to really annoy me and there is no service center in my area.
post #2213 of 3788
Being playing with the Darbee all week long. Its great. Here are some pics from the Darbee set to 0, 50, and 120 in 3D from Under the Sea.



Me and my brother watched a couple of 3D and preferred 3D movies at it max, which is 120. My phone actually does a good job of showing how it looks through the glasses
Edited by blee0120 - 10/3/12 at 1:41am
post #2214 of 3788
Avatar from 0, 50, and 120



post #2215 of 3788
Cowboys and Aliens

post #2216 of 3788
Fright Night 3D
post #2217 of 3788

post #2218 of 3788
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopkiwi View Post

Going to bump this constantly as I really need an answer, it's starting to really annoy me and there is no service center in my area.
I've have not experienced any beeping noise. My suggestion is to contact Benq and send it back to be fixed/replaced. No point in having a $2K projector that is annoying!
post #2219 of 3788
Any body able to answer these?
Quote:
When I try to change the iris it doesnt let me change it more then one number either way and thats it. Any Ideas?

Also when you make changes in the service menu I see here that there is an issue saving them after a power down. Has the resolution to that been found? (alot of posts and I have not found one)

And lastly what is the proper way out of the service menu?
When I go into it and press the exit button it no longer accepts any remote commands. The remote basically becomes frozen and the only way I can get it working again is to power it down with the hard button on the projector.
post #2220 of 3788
Recently I have noticed a strange effect coming from my projector. It appears as if there is waters or smoke on the screen, very distracting. There is no color so I do not think it is the RBE effect. It reminds me of looking at a slide under a microscope. Hard to explain but I hope someone knows what I am talking about.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Official BenQ W7000 Owners Thread