Originally Posted by Anthony1
1. Fallout 3 - SNIP.
Me 2, finished the story once after game came out, lost all saves, re-started after buying this with ALL DLC for like $5 bucks, got to about level 20, have like 800 hours to go..... =| Oh, and then a few months ago, I got Vegas for the same deal :P
2. Batman Arkham Asylum - Got this a few months back for about $7.50 via Steam. I've played about 30 percent of the way thru it. Would like to finish it at some point.
THIS game ^^ you will want to stick with, you lose the momentum of the story if you stop and come back, plus you have to backtrack in the game, a lot, and it helps (a lot) if you are immersed in the game when you do it, with all the Gotham Audio logs and stuff.....IMHO of course.
3. Bioshock - Yeah, I'm still playing the original Bioshock, lol. I'm about 70 percent of the way thru the game, and just need to power my way thru the rest of it. Haven't played it in a long time.
Great game, I started playing Bioshock 2 and gave up fairly early in...just wasn't into it. Another game I'll get someday for $5 bucks and enjoy like hell on some rainy weekend.
4. Bulletstorm - Just got this puppy for 5 bucks. I love all the color... Just started it.
Not as fun as I wanted it to be....didn't like the combat or the restrictive environments, but I know what you mean. big-name release too, now 5 bucks
You gotta buy it. 5 bucks is an extra value meal fer chrissakes...
5. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - Just got this the other day for $5. It looks absolutely gorgeous running on my PC. Just scratched the tip of the iceberg.
Agreed...and remember, when you get THE RUN in 2013 sometime, it'll be a prettier game, but it wont be nearly as good of a game.
6. Assassin's Creed 2 - I finally beat Creed 1 last year, when I first got my PC. I was totally committed to completely finishing Creed 1, and I hunkered down and finished it. I promised myself that when I saw Creed 2 for $5 I'd buy it. Amazon had it for 5 bucks so I snagged it. Just started playing. The
Started 1 on PC, lost hard drive, didn't reinstall. Got it on Xbox 360 for $10 bucks. Never fired it up, then got part 2 on PC for 4 bucks. never fired it up. Both on the list "to play eventually". QUESTION: Do i even bother with 1 or do I go right to 2....I got into 1 where I had opened up the 2nd or 3rd city, and had gotten daggers and stuff back, not sure I want to grind my way back through that again in part 1.
7. Dead Space - I played about half way thru Dead Space on Xbox 360. Just bought it for the PC because it was 5 bucks, and I want to play Dead Space 2, but feel like I need to fully finish the first one. So, I'm going to start over on PC. Haven't fired it up yet.
GREAT GAME! Part 2 is a bit more faster paced, a little more arcadish. part 1 is great...and the best part is once you finish it, you can re-start it with all your kick-ass upgraded weaponry making it more of a "I am ehre to kick ass and chew bubble gum" kinda game instead of a "AAAAA PLEASE LET THIS THING DIE, I JUST CRAPPED MY PANTS AGAIN" experience that it can be early on your first time through....
8. Darksiders - I bought this last year, and never got around to firing it up. I got it on the PC because in a sceenshot thread I saw some screens of it and it looked amazing. Not sure why I haven't fired it up yet.
I dont even know what this is...thank God.
9. Far Cry 2 - Got this as one of the first PC games to try on my brand new PC. Had heard great things about the PC version. Played it for awhile, but got stuck at a certain point and haven't got back to it.
..cuz it kind of sucks. The whole weapons malfunctioning and having to drive to 'yet another shack' to shoot at the same guys, the combat in this game was very unsatisfying...I really hated it.
10. Mass Effect 2 - I bought this recently for $5 because I thought it was a really good deal, because I've heard the game is great on PC. The thing is, although I played about 30 percent of the way thru the first game, I never finished it. I really should have bought the first one. I don't know what I was thinking.
Started it, wanted to get into it, like falout and skyrim you need to set aside a good chunk of life to play this game I think. Did find myself getting tired of conversation trees tho in the little I played.
12. Just Cause 2 - Got this off Steam for $5. Heard a bunch of good things about it. I'm not sure if I'll ever get back to this game to be honest. It was ok, but it didn't really float my boat.
Liked it, but quickly found myself getting killed when assaulting different bases.....then spent more time trying to explore than play the game. ALSO bought it for 5 bucks on Steam recently, will give it a try. I also have the 2 DLC's for GTA 4 to get through...
14. Red Faction Guerrilla - Heard a ton of good things about this game, and I was able to get it cheap off Steam. It was pretty fun, I should really get back to it.
Agreed, also stopped 'a little ways in'...problem is these games get repetitive.....and then you wind up getting in a protracted battle with the forces, then you start blowing crap up just to blow stuff up, then you get bored and shut the game off.....the bane of all sandbox games, including just Cause 2 and GTA4...if you wander TOO far off the beaten path you get bored being a hooligan :P
I have a bunch more to go through but my list is surprisingly similar to yours.....LIMBO is simple, haunting....I have a two or three dozen games on the PS3 and Xbox I never got through......I'll usually stop and play the latest COD game but thats about it. Oh...i am going through Skyrim. And I dont even like those kinda games but like others have stated, there is so much game here, and I DONT have any other games LIKE skyrim in my backlog, i wanted to give it a shot.