Originally Posted by analogueaddict
I spoke with the UK distributor today, he said he understood that the new 3D can go from 2D Blu-Ray to 3D output on HDMI with the single box, it no longer requires the 2 box configuration like you needed with the VC-100.
Has anyone here actually seen one of the new 3D units in operation who can confirm this?
I know this is really pushing things, but can these units also do 2160P scaling for the new 4K projectors?
Thanks and best wishes,
I'm with you on that. Now that things have become far more affordable, Black Magic should go all the way and build a complete video processor that does the following:
1. Best 2D to 3D converter (they already do this)
2. Take any 3D (native or upcoverted) and output via dual-hdmi to 2 projectors for passive 3D solutions.
3. Upconvert to 4K for 4K projectors
4. For new 4K projectors/tv's, take up to 4 hdmi inputs, and output up to 4 sources on one screen.
5. For those with video walls (ie., 4 separate TV's), take up to 4 hdmi inputs and output up to 4 different monitors via 4 hdmi outputs.
I've seen all the above done above in different installs, but right now it takes a lot of boxes to do all this.