or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 2012 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl XLVI Trash Talk Topic
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2012 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl XLVI Trash Talk Topic - Page 2  

post #31 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich3fan View Post

Okay.

GO EAGLES!!!

Wait.

Too late. They left 4 months ago.
post #32 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

Traitor! ATL all the way! Uh, except that Matt Ryan hasn't won anything big yet. Well, it did take Eli a few games too, so let's hope. I think it will be a close game but ATL wins in the end, Julio Jones has been stepping up big lately (yeah, I know Cruz has too...).

NO vs. DET should be exciting, could set records for points scored. Don't see NO losing in the Dome however. I'm glad DET blew that game last week so we wouldn't have to go back down there again.

AFC? Zzzzz.... PIT vs. DEN could be a 3-3 tie into overtime, and I agree, who cares whether CIN or HOU wins.

You're the type of fan the NFL is catering to with their rule changes. The only thing exciting about football is points scored. Nobody appreciates good defense.

... of course it's no longer legal to play good defense.
post #33 of 830
Yup. That's about right CPanther95. I don't get much info about the Eagles down here where "America's Team" lives ( ) but I know Andy Reid will be back.

Anyway, I'm going to jump to the NFC Championship game: Saints vs. Packers (pretty much a no-brainer), and the AFC Championship game: Pats vs. Steelers.
post #34 of 830
Come on Houston. That way the Pats can deal with the Steelers, and then Baltimore can wax New England after disposing of the Texans.

Baltimore + Steelers + playoffs = sad panda for Bawlmer
post #35 of 830
I'm not sure the Pats will make it to the Championship game. They played 3 playoff teams this year - Pittsburgh, NY Giants, Denver - and only went 1-2.

... and guess which one they won.
post #36 of 830
The playoffs are an entirely different ballgame where experience is a big plus. Brady has it... cool under pressure. But truth be told, I can't stand Belicheck(sp?) and would certainly like to see the Steelers get back to the Superbowl, but I just don't think their supporting cast is going to step up this time.
post #37 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

Nobody appreciates good defense.

... of course it's no longer legal to play good defense.

Not true! When NY's big 3 are ON, it's a lot of fun to watch. Same with ATL's John Abraham Spin Move.
DEs are getting respect like never before.
Helmet hits in the middle change the game, but open a different skill set. I agree, some of the calls suck the
life out of the game in one respect.
post #38 of 830
Just saw that the Steelers' running backs coach Kirby Wilson was put into a medically induced coma after suffering burns over 30-50% of his body in a house fire early this morning.
post #39 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE View Post

DEs are getting respect like never before.

You must be a young fella'.
post #40 of 830
WOW! That's a shame.

Edit: Referring to Kirby Wilson.
post #41 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

You must be a young fella'.

Watched Superbowl 2 on TV in my teens. Young Enough?
post #42 of 830
Texans
Saints
Giants
Steelers
post #43 of 830
Schedule posted HAS to be wrong.
Jets were GUARANTEED to win the Super Bowl.
Please fix.
post #44 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

Schedule posted HAS to be wrong.
Jets were GUARANTEED to win the Super Bowl.
Please fix.

They're in the play-in game for the Super Bowl played on the Tuesday prior to the SB. Tune in.
post #45 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

Schedule posted HAS to be wrong.
Jets were GUARANTEED to win the Super Bowl.
Please fix.

Aren't they playing the Cowboys?
post #46 of 830
Yeah that's the Losers Bowl on FOX.
post #47 of 830
Trash talk? The Colts have already won (Andrew Luck).
post #48 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H View Post

Didn't they just play the Red Wings? How did that go?

Both defenses held up about as well as the Lions' D will against Brees, ending in a wild 5-4 finish. Michigan already hit its allotment of postseason victories in 2012 with the wins by Sparty and Blue, see you next year.
post #49 of 830
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteaz View Post

Both defenses held up about as well as the Lions' D will against Brees, ending in a wild 5-4 finish. Michigan already hit its allotment of postseason victories in 2012 with the wins by Sparty and Blue, see you next year.

You're probably right. One thing the Lions do have going in their favor is that for the first time in a long time they will be at pretty much full strength, with a healthy roster. This is something they haven't had since the earlier part of the season when they ran off the 5-0 string.

We shall see.
post #50 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H View Post

You're probably right. One thing the Lions do have going in their favor is that for the first time in a long time they will be at pretty much full strength, with a healthy roster. This is something they haven't had since the earlier part of the season when they ran off the 5-0 string.

We shall see.

Yes you shall . . .
post #51 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

You're the type of fan the NFL is catering to with their rule changes. The only thing exciting about football is points scored. Nobody appreciates good defense.

... of course it's no longer legal to play good defense.

Yeah and I really hate it, especially the QB and the stupid new 'defenseless' receiver rules. I want the defense to have a fair shake and it's been evident over the last few years that fairness has nothing to do with the NFL anymore, it's all about protecting the players. Which I can understand because of all the concussions and other injuries, but it's leading to Arena Football Lite.
post #52 of 830
I'll be interested in seeing if NBC transfers their NHL graphics package for today's games.
post #53 of 830
I hate defense.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Pats fan.
post #54 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

I hate defense.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Pats fan.

just remember you heard it here first. ravens all the way.
post #55 of 830
Houston over Cincy (this game will be close and could go either way, but I'm going with the home team)
Saints over Detroit (Detroit is still too immature)
Atlanta over Giants (Atlanta is a sleeper Super Bowl team)
Steelers easily over Broncos (Tebow-mania is over)
post #56 of 830
Tebow isn't jesus. Jesus is 43 in black and gold.
Steelers going to sacrifice the Denver Tebows, and I'm going to laugh.
post #57 of 830
As much as I hate the Ravens during the season, if the Steelers get knocked out of the playoffs, I'd much rather have an "old school" defensive team like Baltimore win it all.
post #58 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter21198 View Post

Tebow isn't jesus. Jesus is 43 in black and gold.
Steelers going to sacrifice the Denver Tebows, and I'm going to laugh.

No. This is Jesus...



And he's in purple. "Nobody F**** with the Jesus", not even the Tebone.
post #59 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

As much as I hate the Ravens during the season...

And I thought I used to like you
post #60 of 830
31-21 and Saints intercept. Now Dats what I'm talkin' about!

By my Droid live from da game.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 2012 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl XLVI Trash Talk Topic