I'm rooting for Pats but I think it's nuts that they are favored. Here's why:
- Pats defense is horrible. "Bend don't break" is just lousy excuse for "we suck". English: "we give up tons of yards but try not to let them get TDs... except when we do, then we hope Brady bails us out".
- No pass rush. 9ers knocked Eli down 20 times and still got beat. What do you think happens when he has all day to pick the make-do secondary apart?
- Teams with elite HoF QBs and lousy everything else now on vacation: Packers, Saints. It's the year of the QBs, and on the NFC you have Manning, Brees, Rodgers. On the AFC, we have Brady, and, umm, Tebow. Teams Giants beat this year: Packers, 9ers, Pats, Teams Pats beat: Denver. Twice!
- Eli already beat Brady in the SB in 07, and he's only gotten better since. Brady in 07 had a career season with 50TD 8INT. This year he's more human at 39/12. Eli's QB ratings in the 4th is the best.
- Giants win when they're underdogs.
- I'm pretty convinced Eli is a robot. If you take the scary cop in Terminator 2 and put baby fat on his face to make him more cuddly you get Eli. He doesn't get frustrated or flustered. He throws a TD and while his teammates are celebrating he's on the sideline refueling.