or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › AUDIOGON's new format
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AUDIOGON's new format - Page 6

post #151 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

Looks like agon has gone back to their old web site style


If someone else can double check, it might be a mirage

EDIT: Seems like a dirty little trick, once you start to search it resorts to it's old self...Which I wouldn't have nothing to do with.

DJoel

You can get to the old front page, but it then directs you to the new pages.

http://cgi.audiogon.com/
post #152 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc View Post

You can get to the old front page, but it then directs you to the new pages.

http://cgi.audiogon.com/

Yeah that sucks doesn't it

Djoel
post #153 of 488
I used to browse the site several times per week and have a lot of completed transactions on Agon. They lost me with the new interface ...

What a mess
post #154 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

I used to browse the site several times per week and have a lot of completed transactions on Agon. They lost me with the new interface ...

What a mess

Agreed. I used to browse several times a day but, the new site is so slow and difficult to use, I've given up on it. I hope they can make some changes to improve it (or, perhaps, some brave soul should open a new site that is as user friendly as the original so we can buy/sell our AV equipment like we used to.)!

Mike
post #155 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://blog.audiogon.com/2012/01/14/were-listening-1st-week-updates/ View Post

We’re Listening 1st Week Updates
Posted on January 14, 2012
7
Audiogon Community:

It’s been a few day’s now since we launched the new Audiogon and we hope you are enjoying it! We have heard back from many of you letting us know how much you like the new site and what areas also need more work.

Sounds like everyone needs to flood their inbox with complaints since they claim to be hearing compliments.

Let them know how you feel about their new design and give them some constructive criticism.

http://support.audiogon.com/customer.../questions/new
post #156 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by physicsdude View Post

Sounds like everyone needs to flood their inbox with complaints since they claim to be hearing compliments.

Let them know how you feel about their new design and give them some constructive criticism.

http://support.audiogon.com/customer.../questions/new

Not particularly constructive. If you read the comments there, the major issues have already been identified. All flooding them will emails will do it slow them down. It might make you feel good, but what does it really accomplish?
post #157 of 488
I agree I wonder if they can switch back, I am sure they must have noticed a sales drop.........
post #158 of 488
i just tried to leave a comment and some weird page with what looks like HTML came up. couldn't back out so had to shut the window
post #159 of 488
Wow...if I ever said anything remotely positive about how this mess was coming along, I take it ALL back!

I think I know the answer to this question...but has anyone tried to actually BUY anything since this catastrophe went into effect? I just tried to make an offer; not because I was really ready to buy...but because the seller was listed as a "private member"...which means you can't email him. I'm sure it must be a mistake, because the guy says right in his ad "contact me for pics".

So I figured I'd send him a ridiculous offer...with a comment asking questions and for pics. LOL...what a f'ing joke. First...you HAVE to send your address and phone number with an offer! Now, I know the positives of this; it cuts down on fraud. But despite how some of you like to transact your AG business...just picking up and calling sellers; I don't necessarily want some Internet nut with my address and phone number! lol

Then, of course, the make offer app failed about 20 times before it went through. Seriously...amatuer hour. Any first-year web guy knows you drop back, punt...put the old site back up, while you parallel-test the beta site.

I predict they will never recover.

CD
post #160 of 488
Out of curiosity: Who are "they?" In other words, who owns/runs Audiogon and profits from it?
post #161 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

Wow...if I ever said anything remotely positive about how this mess was coming along, I take it ALL back!

I think I know the answer to this question...but has anyone tried to actually BUY anything since this catastrophe went into effect? I just tried to make an offer; not because I was really ready to buy...but because the seller was listed as a "private member"...which means you can't email him. I'm sure it must be a mistake, because the guy says right in his ad "contact me for pics".

So I figured I'd send him a ridiculous offer...with a comment asking questions and for pics. LOL...what a f'ing joke. First...you HAVE to send your address and phone number with an offer! Now, I know the positives of this; it cuts down on fraud. But despite how some of you like to transact your AG business...just picking up and calling sellers; I don't necessarily want some Internet nut with my address and phone number! lol

Then, of course, the make offer app failed about 20 times before it went through. Seriously...amatuer hour. Any first-year web guy knows you drop back, punt...put the old site back up, while you parallel-test the beta site.

I predict they will never recover.

CD

I agree. I am done with that site unless they can fix that nitemare.
post #162 of 488
Surprisingly, I've sold two items since the site change(and I was thinking they wouldn't sell at all because of the change). That said, one sale was essentially done through email not agon, but the other went off without a hitch just like the old site. Member sent me offer through agon, I accepted, he sent payment, I shipped it. I haven't tried to buy anything yet though.
post #163 of 488
I'm really hoping that Audiogon makes their changes sooner than later. I find browsing their site a lot less fun. I used to check and research countless items each day. At this point I only go there for specific item searches. The exploratory learning process which Audiogon was so well set up for has been replaced by a direct marketplace where browsing is dull and generic.

I would like a big list of brands which I can open to see all items on the site by that brand. Now, I don't have every brand in my head so if there is no list, chances are I won't think of it.

I would like to know what is available in my area. That function is gone.

Mostly, the old site felt like it was one with the users. The new site just feels like a generic template. If they went back to the old format, I would be so happy!

Please come back!!
post #164 of 488
A wise man once said "You can't fix dumb". Auiogon, go back to the old format!
post #165 of 488
Audiogon refuses to allow negative feedback on their blog, and have been deleting critical remarks from their Facebook page too.

In response, I thought an alternate, centralized place for negative feedback from 'The High-End Audio Community" might be helpful:

audiogonsucksnow.wordpress.com
post #166 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurzheim View Post

Audiogon refuses to allow negative feedback on their blog, and have been deleting critical remarks from their Facebook page too.

In response, I thought an alternate, centralized place for negative feedback from 'The High-End Audio Community" might be helpful:

audiogonsucksnow.wordpress.com

Wow-page views down just a bit
post #167 of 488
does anyone else get this? im getting this as i navigate around AG


Application Error
An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. Please try again in a few moments.

If you are the application owner, check your logs for details.
post #168 of 488
It looks to me like they've made a solid effort to modernize their archaic website. One of the most important things they could have done is offer a sort function which they've successfully done. Browsing isn't particularly different. You just get more options.

I haven't tried to interact with the site more than just browsing and I haven't seen any errors, but the errors reported above appear to be a natural result of an overhaul. The bugs and stuff will go away with time. This thread seems like a lot of crying about a change that was clearly well thought out.
post #169 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichaelf View Post

It looks to me like they've made a solid effort to modernize their archaic website. One of the most important things they could have done is offer a sort function which they've successfully done. Browsing isn't particularly different. You just get more options.

I haven't tried to interact with the site more than just browsing and I haven't seen any errors, but the errors reported above appear to be a natural result of an overhaul. The bugs and stuff will go away with time. This thread seems like a lot of crying about a change that was clearly well thought out.

Well...that's one person that likes it. Every time I think they've turned the corner, and it's just a matter of getting used to something different...they take a step back IMO. So far today, it's been slow, slow, slow...dead; half the links fail...etc, etc, etc.

CD
post #170 of 488
With the way there search works I see no reason to post our items on their sight any more.....

Here ya guys go......send some e-mails.......

Customer Service, Help, and Comments - service@audiogon.com
Advertising, Online stores, Banner ads - marketing@audiogon.com
post #171 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichaelf View Post

It looks to me like they've made a solid effort to modernize their archaic website. One of the most important things they could have done is offer a sort function which they've successfully done. Browsing isn't particularly different. You just get more options.

I haven't tried to interact with the site more than just browsing and I haven't seen any errors, but the errors reported above appear to be a natural result of an overhaul. The bugs and stuff will go away with time. This thread seems like a lot of crying about a change that was clearly well thought out.

Must be on Augiogon's payroll, how can you desribe the new site as "solid effort"? In fact, if you didn't know what either website looked like prior to the change, I bet most people would say the new website is more archaic. No offense Jmichael, but why do you keep defending audiogons half-baked effort? Even the great forums are still in the old format. It looks like just another way to increase advertising revenue.
post #172 of 488
http://www.quantcast.com/audiogon.com

pretty insane when you look at the page views tab, the average person was looking at a lot more "pages" before. Im sure audiogon likes to think its purely because its more "efficient" to get to the same page (and yes it does chop out a page here or there but doesnt explain the discrepancy)

If i was a seller id be really mad that this new format has more than halved the average visitors per day, and on top of that they dont find it "fun" to browse for items anymore.

I understand that they built their website on very old code that needed to be update, but the way they should have handled it is the path of least resistance.. keep the look, feel, and features as close to the old website as possible. If you can prove that something had very little use and was a bandwidth leech then go ahead and remove it... but instead they just removed whatever they felt like and a bunch of people have a sour taste in their mouth that the new website was significantly less functional than the old one.
post #173 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaslast View Post

http://www.quantcast.com/audiogon.com

pretty insane when you look at the page views tab, the average person was looking at a lot more "pages" before. Im sure audiogon likes to think its purely because its more "efficient" to get to the same page (and yes it does chop out a page here or there but doesnt explain the discrepancy)

If i was a seller id be really mad that this new format has more than halved the average visitors per day, and on top of that they dont find it "fun" to browse for items anymore.

I understand that they built their website on very old code that needed to be update, but the way they should have handled it is the path of least resistance.. keep the look, feel, and features as close to the old website as possible. If you can prove that something had very little use and was a bandwidth leech then go ahead and remove it... but instead they just removed whatever they felt like and a bunch of people have a sour taste in their mouth that the new website was significantly less functional than the old one.

See...I'm beginning to wonder if the site wasn't "sold". It's just sooo different now, I can't imagine it has hardly anything to do with the original design; other than they sell used audio equipment there.

There's a support desk to handle tickets; it just feels "corporate" now. For all we know, it's now owned by a subsidiary of eBay...lol.

CD
post #174 of 488
This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> service@audiogon.com (after MAIL FROM): 553 5.3.0 Rejected - see http://dnsbl.sorbs.net



this is what you get when you contact AG!!!!
UUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH
post #175 of 488
Oops...they did it again! Looks like they're "tinkering" some more. Moved some things, lost some functionality (like filtering price and listing time from the headers, etc.); likely in an attempt to speed the site up and keep the apps from crashing.

CD
post #176 of 488
It's a lost cause.
post #177 of 488
I kinda like the listings page but I would love to know what the items are without clicking into them. I can't tell an amp from a speaker by name alone.

Also, headphones are monitors? I did not know that! When I look at speakers -> Monitors I get a list of monitor speakers with monitors mixed in. They seem different enough to warrant their own category.
post #178 of 488
FYI...I have 2 items for sale on AG right now (listed before "the switch"). I just went to edit them (have to reduce the price, due to the likely non-existence of traffic ), and it won't allow you to change the header information. Like if I want to put (reduced) in my listing info...I can't.

Honestly; whoever is at the helm now, just doesn't have the first clue about how people used this site.

CD
post #179 of 488
so i post an item. get a Q from a buyer, so far so good. well i cant send the buyer a message. He asked for shipping cost and unless he asks me another Q thru the listing I cant send him any information. So i have a buyer with funds waiting to purchase thinking Im blowing him off. I do a member search and the only options are leave and read feedback. I guess they dont want anyone going around them. Which I wouldn't do. I just want to be able to contact a potential buyer with information he requested. How much would it cost to start my own site? My business is in the crapper so maybe a golden op?
post #180 of 488
i bet the retail stores would love to know this is going on. No more AG? Great for the local audio shops
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › AUDIOGON's new format