Originally Posted by Speakerphile
The link is for their Singapore site. The new US models are *LE857U.
I spoke to Sharp C.S. a few days ago regarding Full array vs Edge lit in 2012 vs 2013 model, etc...
This is what I was told:
- New 2013 80" models will carry new model numbers. So if I buy an LC80LE844U model, it's 2012 and it is Full array lit
- He wasn't 100% certain if 2013 80" model will remain Full array or Edge lit
- I can call up Sharp and purchase Extended warranty directly from them up until before the standard warranty expiration, which I found pretty impressive. The quoted price was much lower what are offered on-line. More research is needed to have an apple-to-apple comparison
This past weekend a BB sale staff managed to get me to close a deal, even though I wasn't prepared when I visited the local BB, for the following reasons:
- He matched the price of an "among the most reputable" on-line store, which has been offering the best on-line price in the US. The only drawback here is he included the $250 express delivery charge which would have been the same charge from that on-line store for the reason that BB will deliver in just a few days. The free shipping on the best price on-line store would have been 7-14 business days (10 days to 3 weeks). I certainly would wait to save money if the deal offered me that, but having it in 3 days vs. 3 weeks is an easy decision
- He also included 2 pairs of the better model 3D glasses
- Unfortunately, the sale tax is also an extra, comparing to buying it from that on-line store
- With a purchase of this item, I automatically become a BB Reward Zone Premier Silver member, which provides me a complementary ISF-certified calibration, which in my opinion a MUST-have expense for this 80" TV
- Last, but definitely not least, is this purchase is eligible for a 24-month interest free payment plan, if paid in full, the only financially possible arrangement that I c/would buy this set
I've been looking out for this item in nearly 2 months, and am very aware of the price/trend across US stores, including on-line stores. I'm very please with this outcome, and wanna share with everyone.
Btw, even if I have to pay a little more, I'd always choose to buy BB, because of their standing behind their sales.