or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sharp 80" pricing - Page 7

post #181 of 1603
$4,499.99 @ Da local Costco taxes add $449 to that !
Costco had a Whole Stack of them ... right out front & it was stopping traffic just as you entered the store ..L O L ...
looked good next to the 65" plasma (which had horrible reflections, so bad it was hard to watch the Video feed )
The Sharp was pretty good at not having that many reflections at all for being in huge warehouse with the high discharge lighting . the plasma ,I had a hard time even being able to see details outta it
went over there to check & see if they had the Sanus XF-228 in stock ,seen a review on Amazon that Costco @ one time had them for $199.00
NaDa Not Any More !
they Now have Simplicity & Kanto mounts that look cheap & flimsy . I might get one for the bedroom 46" Sharp but I think the MonoPrice mounts
are a better deal than what they had ..... I M H O
post #182 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

$4,499.99 @ Da local Costco taxes add $449 to that !
Costco had a Whole Stack of them ... right out front & it was stopping traffic just as you entered the store ..L O L ...
looked good next to the 65" plasma (which had horrible reflections, so bad it was hard to watch the Video feed )
The Sharp was pretty good at not having that many reflections at all for being in huge warehouse with the high discharge lighting . the plasma ,I had a hard time even being able to see details outta it
went over there to check & see if they had the Sanus XF-228 in stock ,seen a review on Amazon that Costco @ one time had them for $199.00
NaDa Not Any More !
they Now have Simplicity & Kanto mounts that look cheap & flimsy . I might get one for the bedroom 46" Sharp but I think the MonoPrice mounts
are a better deal than what they had ..... I M H O

Slappy, thanks for all of the info you've been posting lately, You Rule!. As an fyi I have the Simplicity for my bedroom on my 48" (46?) Visio and it's very nice and was easy to install. Mine had a problem whereby the elbow of the mount wouldn't move and as it turns out its a recall (5 or 6 months ago) where the mount coulda broken off there. Hopefully they've got that worked out. I needed the angles and all which it provided.
post #183 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trehouse View Post

Slappy, thanks for all of the info you've been posting lately, You Rule!. As an fyi I have the Simplicity for my bedroom on my 48" (46?) Visio and it's very nice and was easy to install. Mine had a problem whereby the elbow of the mount wouldn't move and as it turns out its a recall (5 or 6 months ago) where the mount coulda broken off there. Hopefully they've got that worked out. I needed the angles and all which it provided.

there is a discussion on warranties between Costco/SquareDeal & the Sharp Extended plan look @ the other thread for that , I myself am getting the Sharp Plan ...
post #184 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

yeah i'm on the phone right now getting this one...................................Sanus System XF228-B1

http://www.jr.com/cat/pe/SSY_XF228B1
it's pricey but J&R has a deal on them
AND it has tilt ,extend,swivels, & most important to me it pans as in the mount will slide side to side so I can position the centering at will for seating of guests .
finger tip touch as the wife needs that with her bad back
$ 325 retails for +$600

Video here on how it works


http://www.sanus.com/us/en/products/...8#BVRRWidgetID

Hey Slappy! Did you end up going with the Sanus System XF228-B1?
post #185 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baptizer View Post

Hey Slappy! Did you end up going with the Sanus System XF228-B1?

yeah ,haven yet got the shipping tracking # on the mount thou it's coming UPS, J&R is really good about shipping , I did get my shipping info the 80" this morning ...
I hope the mount gets here 1st .........

I don't really want to put the stand on the Monster & then have to take it back off agin ..
post #186 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

For those just wanting the slimmest.non tilt the sanus ll11-b will.absolutely work even though it doesnt show up on the sanus config page. Under 80 at amz

Suzook, is this the mount that you are using?
post #187 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefrocka View Post


Suzook, is this the mount that you are using?

Yep. .55 from the wall. Slimmest mount out there.
post #188 of 1603
Well, I'm ready to take the plunge.

Now all I need is for US Appliance to get them back in stock. Is it the general understanding of people in this thread that they re-stock about once a week?

On another note, would you guys recommend buying this pre-calibrated from Cleveland Plasma? I don't know a whole lot about calibration and whether this set needs any "break in", but I thought I'd ask.
post #189 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefrocka View Post

Well, I'm ready to take the plunge.

Now all I need is for US Appliance to get them back in stock. Is it the general understanding of people in this thread that they re-stock about once a week?

On another note, would you guys recommend buying this pre-calibrated from Cleveland Plasma? I don't know a whole lot about calibration and whether this set needs any "break in", but I thought I'd ask.

I think cp is 300 to 400 more than us and thats before the cal. Buy it from US and have chad (who does the cal for cp) on one of his tours.

In other words dont over pay
post #190 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefrocka View Post

Well, I'm ready to take the plunge.

Now all I need is for US Appliance to get them back in stock. Is it the general understanding of people in this thread that they re-stock about once a week?

On another note, would you guys recommend buying this pre-calibrated from Cleveland Plasma? I don't know a whole lot about calibration and whether this set needs any "break in", but I thought I'd ask.

LED LCD displays don't need any break-in.
US Appliance had a week before the last re-stock ..There was a poster who called & talked to a salesman who told them when they would re-stock .. You could try that as well ..
getting a pre-cal ? I don't know about that as if it's free OK but to pay extra Hmmm... I feel it's best to have a calibration done in room.
there are posts of peoples calibrations here on AVS the other 80" thread,
here see post # 1174
that's the Cal #'s that come from Suzook if he uses them they must be good , I will start with his #'s when my Display shows up.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...363281&page=40

I do hear Great Things about Cleveland Plasma .....



The Shipping Company just called & will deliver on the 13th they don't have the display in the local area yet but she said that they were booked heavliy so they wanted to set-up the appointment now . Darn , I thought I'd have the 80"er by next week But it will take getting the mount delivered & then set-up (gotta do some wall reinforcing anyway ) So it's best that I'm ready to put it up the day it gets here ..Extra Time for me to get my 9.2 speaker system all relocated anyway .For the price I paid I can wait L O L !
post #191 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post


LED LCD displays don't need any break-in.
US Appliance had a week before the last re-stock ..There was a poster who called & talked to a salesman who told them when they would re-stock .. You could try that as well ..
getting a pre-cal ? I don't know about that as if it's free OK but to pay extra Hmmm... I feel it's best to have a calibration done in room.
there are posts of peoples calibrations here on AVS the other thread here see post # 1174

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...363281&page=40

I do hear Great Things about Cleveland Plasma .....

The Shipping Company just called & will deliver on the 13th they don't have the display in the local area yet but she said that they were booked heavliy so they wanted to set-up the appointment now . Darn , I thought I'd have the 80"er by next week But it will take getting the mount delivered & then set-up (gotta do some wall reinforcing anyway ) So it's best that I'm ready to put it up the day it gets here ..Extra Time for me to get my 9.2 speaker system all relocated anyway .For the price I paid I can wait L O L !

Plus one on in home cal
post #192 of 1603
I'm @ home 24/7 getting over a Concussion so I'm watching the US-Appliance site & will advise as soon as I see the Display show in stock.. Someone else did that for me & I like to pay it forward
post #193 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

I'm @ home 24/7 getting over a Concussion so I'm watching the US-Appliance site & will advise as soon as I see the Display show in stock.. Someone else did that for me & I like to pay it forward

Oh snap!

Don't stare at the screen too long in your concussed state, wouldn't want you to damage your gray matter.
post #194 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

I'm @ home 24/7 getting over a Concussion so I'm watching the US-Appliance site & will advise as soon as I see the Display show in stock.. Someone else did that for me & I like to pay it forward

Might have to jump on one myself. keep us posted
post #195 of 1603
Thread Starter 
Something really annoying happened. I got an email from hhgregg saying that there was a 12 hour sale, an extra 10% off everything, lasting until 9 a.m. this morning. That's still 30 minutes from now.

First, after signing in, I noted that they had *removed* my 10% off coupon from my account page. This is the coupon that you get when first registering with the site. It had NOT yet expired as I noted the date carefully and I'm supposed to have a few more weeks with it.

Second, the price of the 80" there has returned to $4999. It'd been in the $43xx zone for some time.

I'm not if the site would've let me combine the two coupons in any case. Likely not but I was interested in trying. It would've brought the price down to around $35xx. Even my wife couldn't resist at that price

But I find it ****** that they jacked the price back up, at least during this sale, AND improperly removed my sign up coupon.

I'd call and bitch at them but I'm not 100% ready to pull the trigger. Still, I find it crappy of them on both counts.

EDIT: okay so I called anyway turns out I was somewhat wrong about the price. It was $4499 in the cart. But that's still over $100 higher than it was very recently. Also, the rep told me they suspend the 10% off sign-up coupon during other sales. When I pointed out to him that the net price was now HIGHER to me during the sale, he didn't find that particularly odd or troubling. I even went so far as to say that I'd pull the trigger right now if I could apply both coupons but he said no. And they have them in stock according to the rep. Great job guys. You lost a sale.
post #196 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post

Something really annoying happened. I got an email from hhgregg saying that there was a 12 hour sale, an extra 10% off everything, lasting until 9 a.m. this morning. That's still 30 minutes from now.

First, after signing in, I noted that they had *removed* my 10% off coupon from my account page. This is the coupon that you get when first registering with the site. It had NOT yet expired as I noted the date carefully and I'm supposed to have a few more weeks with it.

Second, the price of the 80" there has returned to $4999. It'd been in the $43xx zone for some time.

I'm not if the site would've let me combine the two coupons in any case. Likely not but I was interested in trying. It would've brought the price down to around $35xx. Even my wife couldn't resist at that price

But I find it ****** that they jacked the price back up, at least during this sale, AND improperly removed my sign up coupon.

I'd call and bitch at them but I'm not 100% ready to pull the trigger. Still, I find it crappy of them on both counts.

EDIT: okay so I called anyway turns out I was somewhat wrong about the price. It was $4499 in the cart. But that's still over $100 higher than it was very recently. Also, the rep told me they suspend the 10% off sign-up coupon during other sales. When I pointed out to him that the net price was now HIGHER to me during the sale, he didn't find that particularly odd or troubling. I even went so far as to say that I'd pull the trigger right now if I could apply both coupons but he said no. And they have them in stock according to the rep. Great job guys. You lost a sale.

Im confused as to why you would overpay to buy from HH. The mark up then mark down is why the brick and mortar stores are losing customers

Us Appliance will surely have them in stock again

And no way would the coupons had been combinable
post #197 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post

Something really annoying happened. I got an email from hhgregg saying that there was a 12 hour sale, an extra 10% off everything, lasting until 9 a.m. this morning. That's still 30 minutes from now.

First, after signing in, I noted that they had *removed* my 10% off coupon from my account page. This is the coupon that you get when first registering with the site. It had NOT yet expired as I noted the date carefully and I'm supposed to have a few more weeks with it.

Second, the price of the 80" there has returned to $4999. It'd been in the $43xx zone for some time.

I'm not if the site would've let me combine the two coupons in any case. Likely not but I was interested in trying. It would've brought the price down to around $35xx. Even my wife couldn't resist at that price

But I find it ****** that they jacked the price back up, at least during this sale, AND improperly removed my sign up coupon.

I'd call and bitch at them but I'm not 100% ready to pull the trigger. Still, I find it crappy of them on both counts.

EDIT: okay so I called anyway turns out I was somewhat wrong about the price. It was $4499 in the cart. But that's still over $100 higher than it was very recently. Also, the rep told me they suspend the 10% off sign-up coupon during other sales. When I pointed out to him that the net price was now HIGHER to me during the sale, he didn't find that particularly odd or troubling. I even went so far as to say that I'd pull the trigger right now if I could apply both coupons but he said no. And they have them in stock according to the rep. Great job guys. You lost a sale.

Anthony, are you sure you were signed in? I have found that HH's site can be a pain in the ass as far as signing in goes. If I don't sign in under the My Account option at the top of the page, the sign in may not work at all.

I got the same E-mail last night and again this morning. After signing in the price was $4500, then with the coupon code it would have brought it down to $4050.
post #198 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

I do hear Great Things about Cleveland Plasma .....
The Shipping Company just called & will deliver on the 13th they don't have the display in the local area yet but she said that they were booked heavliy so they wanted to set-up the appointment now. Darn , I thought I'd have the 80"er by next week But it will take getting the mount delivered & then set-up (gotta do some wall reinforcing anyway ) So it's best that I'm ready to put it up the day it gets here ..Extra Time for me to get my 9.2 speaker system all relocated anyway .For the price I paid I can wait L O L !

Sorry to hear about the delay, but the time will go by quickly. As for Cleveland Plasma, I will say that even though I ordered it on a Friday afternoon, Chris went out of his way to get the set to me by Monday when I told him that I was going on travel the following week. I highly recommend them.
post #199 of 1603
Well, I called US Appliance this morning, and the guy I spoke with said that it looks like this set won't be back in stock until... 3/15.

I'm not sure if I'll have the patience to wait, but I have to get some other things dialed in as far as the installation goes, so that might help.
post #200 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

Im confused as to why you would overpay to buy from HH. The mark up then mark down is why the brick and mortar stores are losing customers. Us Appliance will surely have them in stock again

x2. I visited Best Buy/Magnolia last night to view it for the final time to make sure. I even gave them a chance for best offer and all they could do was $4500 pre-tax.

I've owned several plasmas since 2004 and used them religiously. This is the first time I've been convinced to switch technology for a large flat panel display. So much so that I cancelled a Panasonic 65GT30 enroute from Amazon; it seems so small against an 80in and 3D is not a concern. Crazy that I spent $5K back in 2004 for a 50" 720P Pioneer plasma. We AVSers were all talking about how it was so affordable to go with an industrial plasma versions (vs. consumer) back then. Nice, but expensive memories.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

I'm @ home 24/7 getting over a Concussion so I'm watching the US-Appliance site & will advise as soon as I see the Display show in stock...

Why wait? I simply called US Appliance and placed my order. If you don't mind them charging you prior to shipping, then I don't see a problem. I'm not taking any chances on any potential price increase or availability.

The salesman noted that they have 60 on order and expect to receive at least 75% of them in ~3 weeks. He even told me my place in the backorder wait list; there are five people ahead of me and my order will be in the first batch. Three weeks (or four with shipping time) is ideal timing since I'm renovating the room. I used my AMEX card and have crazy customer protection if anything goes awry. AMEX also gives me one additional year of warranty coverage.

I asked the salesman if I could post his name on AVS for referal and he said no problems. They are accepting backorders.

Item: Sharp LC-80LE632U
Price: $3697 w/standard curbside shipping ($149 white glove)
US Appliance: (877) 628-9913
Salesman: Jason Manning
post #201 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodegaBay View Post


x2. I visited Best Buy/Magnolia last night to view it for the final time to make sure. I even gave them a chance for best offer and all they could do was $4500 pre-tax.

I've owned several plasmas since 2004 and used them religiously. This is the first time I've been convinced to switch technology large screen LCD. So much so that I cancelled a Panasonic 65GT30 enroute from Amazon; it seems so small against an 80in and 3D is not a concern. Crazy that I spent $5K back in 2004 for a 50" 720P Pioneer plasma. We AVSers were all talking about how it was so affordable to go with an industrial plasma versions (vs. consumer) back then. Nice, but expensive memories.

Why wait? I simply called US Appliance and placed my order. If you don't mind them charging you prior to shipping, then I don't see a problem. I'm not taking any chances on any potential price increase or availability.

The salesman noted that they have 60 on order and expect to receive at leas 75% of them in ~3 weeks. He even told me my place in the backorder wait list; there are five people ahead of me and my order will be in the first batch. Three weeks (or four with shipping time) is ideal timing since I'm renovating the room. I used my AMEX card and have crazy customer protection if anything goes awry. AMEX also gives me one additional year of warranty coverage.

I asked the salesman if I could post his name on AVS for referal and he said no problems. They are accepting backorders.

Item: Sharp LC-80LE632U
Price: $3697 w/standard curbside shipping ($149 white glove)
US Appliance: (877) 628-9913
Salesman: Jason Manning

Great post
post #202 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

Great post

+1000........
I'd jump on this if anyone is wanting to buy now.
There are a few AVS'ers here on thread who are NOW enjoying this Display ........... sold & delivered by US Appliance ....Everyone is a Happy Camper I might add!
Sharp could END the 632-80" at any time.
the 70" & 60" 632 models are all ready been replaced by the New 2012 line , Costco has those models marked for close-out right now . The new 2012's are for order as we speak .
post #203 of 1603
Thread Starter 
Yes guys I'm well familiar with US-A, likely having ordered more major appliances from them than all of your TV sets combined (I did two full kitchens, plus outdoor grills, all ordered from them without a hitch).

The reason I tried HhGregg was to see if I could combine the sign-up coupon with the sale which would've netted a price of around $3500 delivered. I know that's very close to the US-A price, but every dollar counts when one is trying to make the argument that I am (which is that I really freaking want this thing!)
post #204 of 1603
I caved.

I was in the 'Ill buy it when it's 3.5k' boat, but all this talk has convinced me otherwise. rofl.

Speaking with Jason about 5 minutes ago, he mentioned that he JUST found out that they'll actually be receiving these in 1 week (not 3 weeks). He mentioned this when I told him I wanted to be put on the backorder list for the TV.

In the end, a few more months of enjoying the TV is worth the $197.00 dollar difference (and especially worth it if these things become hard to find and the price balloons a bit).

Thanks guys!
post #205 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

Great post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

+1000........I'd jump on this if anyone is wanting to buy now. Sharp could END the 632-80" at any time. The 70" & 60" 632 models are all ready been replaced by the New 2012 line, Costco has those models marked for close-out right now . The new 2012's are for order as we speak.

Thx guys. I agree, this set might be a nicer pickup than some of the "newer" 2012 Sharp models I've been reading about.

One thing I'd like to ask you two (and I apologize it's off track from the pricing topic at hand): I saw the 70in model at Costco the other day and noticed it had a very nice brushed black aluminum bezel. Is this because it was a Quadttron model? The 80in has the typical piano black acrylic like bezel with brushed aluminum trim piece on the bottom of the display.

Funny, I stopped by LG, Samsung, Panasonic but completely passed the Sharp booth at CES this year. I didn't realize they were producing some nice displays.
post #206 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodegaBay View Post

One thing I'd like to ask you two (and I apologize it's off track from the pricing topic at hand): I saw the 70in model at Costco the other day and noticed it had a very nice brushed black aluminum bezel. Is this because it was a Quadttron model? The 80in has the typical piano black acrylic like bezel with brushed aluminum trim piece on the bottom of the display.

Funny, I stopped by LG, Samsung, Panasonic but completely passed the Sharp booth at CES this year. I didn't realize they were producing some nice displays.

If it has an aluminum bezel, it must be one of the higher-end 2012 model 70". I have last year's 70" Quattron, and the bezel is identical to the 80". I like the bezel of the 80"; what I like even more is the large surface area of the glass enclosed within the bezel. It is a thing of beauty, even when the set is off.
post #207 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodegaBay View Post

x2. I visited Best Buy/Magnolia last night to view it for the final time to make sure. I even gave them a chance for best offer and all they could do was $4500 pre-tax.

I've owned several plasmas since 2004 and used them religiously. This is the first time I've been convinced to switch technology for a large flat panel display. So much so that I cancelled a Panasonic 65GT30 enroute from Amazon; it seems so small against an 80in and 3D is not a concern. Crazy that I spent $5K back in 2004 for a 50" 720P Pioneer plasma. We AVSers were all talking about how it was so affordable to go with an industrial plasma versions (vs. consumer) back then. Nice, but expensive memories.


Why wait? I simply called US Appliance and placed my order. If you don't mind them charging you prior to shipping, then I don't see a problem. I'm not taking any chances on any potential price increase or availability.

The salesman noted that they have 60 on order and expect to receive at least 75% of them in ~3 weeks. He even told me my place in the backorder wait list; there are five people ahead of me and my order will be in the first batch. Three weeks (or four with shipping time) is ideal timing since I'm renovating the room. I used my AMEX card and have crazy customer protection if anything goes awry. AMEX also gives me one additional year of warranty coverage.

I asked the salesman if I could post his name on AVS for referal and he said no problems. They are accepting backorders.

Item: Sharp LC-80LE632U
Price: $3697 w/standard curbside shipping ($149 white glove)
US Appliance: (877) 628-9913
Salesman: Jason Manning


Just placed my order with US Appliance over the phone with a chatty service rep named Howard. We discussed all things Apple.

Word is that they will be getting new stock in the next 5-7 days.

Let the oversized games begin!
post #208 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefrocka View Post


Just placed my order with US Appliance over the phone with a chatty service rep named Howard. We discussed all things Apple.

Word is that they will be getting new stock in the next 5-7 days.

Let the oversized games begin!

Good man. We need a forum sponsor to come in and beat these prices with a powerbuy :-)
post #209 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

Good man. We need a forum sponsor to come in and beat these prices with a powerbuy :-)

ya think this thread is driving sales over @ US Appliance ? :>)...
L O L ....
ordering 60 units a pop gets them a good wholesale price that's for sure !
post #210 of 1603
Quote:


ordering 60 units a pop gets them a good wholesale price that's for sure !

No doubt, and keep in mind, they're actually owned by ABC Warehouse, so they could actually be ordering more in total.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home