or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sharp 80" pricing - Page 9

post #241 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by caneaddict View Post

Does that mean there is a working 20% off coupon for a $3999 price? That would put the set at $3200!

As for the question of weather the 632 will be phased out - already answered. Sharp reps confirmed they will have a 645 later this year that will replace the 632.

No, it is a 20% off sale they are having. So that doesn't allow you to use to 10% off coupon you get for joining their mailing list. However, if you use the 5% off coupon I posted, price become $3799 prior to tax.
post #242 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodegaBay View Post


Any luck Suzook? I'd love to see some profile, angle, and frontal shots of your setup and that low profile mount. I'm planing for my unit to sit no higher than 6ft and am not so sure I need a tilt mount since the panel is so massive.

Sorry guys I hurt my back so im a little slow. Top of my set is 63 inches up. From my sitting area that puts my 6'4 frame and eye at just slightly above the middle of the screen. No tilt needed for me
post #243 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

where is that posted ? you got inside information ??
and don't say the PDF file from CES

http://www.sharpusanews.com/docs/CES...heet_FINAL.pdf

as it lists only the 60" & 70" in the 6XX series and those models are Edge Lighted displays ,

there are reports already of issues with the 640....



http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1398296

It's not official, but it's a pretty good source.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...the-new-small/
post #244 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockaway1836 View Post

It's not official, but it's a pretty good source.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...the-new-small/

buried on the 844 page is this correction that the LC-80LE645U is Vap0rware
( I think the guy was just miss-taken OR he miss-understood what he was told OR was fed a line of BS by a salesman rep Or had one too many Free drinks @ the cocktail party L O L )
Quote:


This post has been updated corrected since its initial publication. The original post referred to a model LC-80LE645U with 120Hz refresh rate and 4K resolution. The only 80-inch 3D model Sharp announced at the show is the LC-80LE844U with a 240Hz refresh rate and standard 1080p resolution.

Read more: http://www.cnet.com/8301-33379_1-573...#ixzz1oN5szKzm

I had a sense that the report was flawed but this is buried, not on the page that was linked, BUT on the pre-view page of the 844 done by C/Net . Mystery solved
So to put things in a better light seems that the 1st report "Sharp TVs 2012:60 is the new small " was not corrected (which is the page linked by Rockaway 1836 )& the 844 report WAS corrected to show that there is Not a 645 in the 2012 line-up.
.. confused Yet ??


IMO the 80" 632 is going to be phased out soon ,
.............................Just when will that 80" 632 be gone ??????????????

I think it's gone as soon as Sharp can figure out HOW to Edge Light a 80" display & that will be soon very soon . I M H O
(it's just Cheaper to make an Edge lit display thereby reducing production costs, which in turn maximizes profit)

agin for a 80" display that has all &/Or mostly all full 100% satisfaction by current buyers , Ya'll have been warned ...............................
Inexpensive Full Array Back Lighted Displays are soon to be an Extinct Exotic Animal .. the full array back lit 70"er's are now extinct as we speak !
post #245 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

buried on the 844 page is this correction that the LC-80LE645U is Vap0rware
( I think the guy was just miss-taken OR he miss-understood what he was told OR was fed a line of BS by a salesman rep Or had one too many Free drinks @ the cocktail party L O L )

I had a sense that the report was flawed but this is buried, not on the page that was linked, BUT on the pre-view page of the 844 done by C/Net . Mystery solved
So to put things in a better light seems that the 1st report "Sharp TVs 2012:60 is the new small " was not corrected (which is the page linked by Rockaway 1836 )& the 844 report WAS corrected to show that there is Not a 645 in the 2012 line-up.
.. confused Yet ??


IMO the 80" 632 is going to be phased out soon ,
.............................Just when will that 80" 632 be gone ??????????????

I think it's gone as soon as Sharp can figure out HOW to Edge Light a 80" display & that will be soon very soon . I M H O
(it's just Cheaper to make an Edge lit display thereby reducing production costs, which in turn maximizes profit)

agin for a 80" display that has all &/Or mostly all full 100% satisfaction by current buyers , Ya'll have been warned ...............................
Inexpensive Full Array Back Lighted Displays are soon to be an Extinct Exotic Animal .. the full array back lit 70"er's are now extinct as we speak !

Confusing? Maybe. But the 2 reports are by different authors. I can't see how one is correcting the other. The one I linked is clearly not official info, just anecdotal.
post #246 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

buried on the 844 page is this correction that the LC-80LE645U is Vap0rware
( I think the guy was just miss-taken OR he miss-understood what he was told OR was fed a line of BS by a salesman rep Or had one too many Free drinks @ the cocktail party L O L )

I had a sense that the report was flawed but this is buried, not on the page that was linked, BUT on the pre-view page of the 844 done by C/Net . Mystery solved
So to put things in a better light seems that the 1st report "Sharp TVs 2012:60 is the new small " was not corrected (which is the page linked by Rockaway 1836 )& the 844 report WAS corrected to show that there is Not a 645 in the 2012 line-up.
.. confused Yet ??


IMO the 80" 632 is going to be phased out soon ,
.............................Just when will that 80" 632 be gone ??????????????

I think it's gone as soon as Sharp can figure out HOW to Edge Light a 80" display & that will be soon very soon . I M H O
(it's just Cheaper to make an Edge lit display thereby reducing production costs, which in turn maximizes profit)

agin for a 80" display that has all &/Or mostly all full 100% satisfaction by current buyers , Ya'll have been warned ...............................
Inexpensive Full Array Back Lighted Displays are soon to be an Extinct Exotic Animal .. the full array back lit 70"er's are now extinct as we speak !

The 645 is coming out. They mentioned it to media pre-CES. However, at CES they didn't officially release it so it's not yet official. The first link just reiterates what he was told pre-CES.

The 2nd link, a different author, is not stating that Sharp won't release the 645. He simply removed it from his article and stated it is a article correction because the 645 was not officially announced. Looks like he pre-wrote his article from the pre-CES info and then had to correct the "official" release info. He didn't retract that Sharp will produce the 645, just reiterated that officially "The only 80-inch 3D model Sharp [officially] announced at the show is the LC-80LE844U"
post #247 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by caneaddict View Post

The 645 is coming out. They mentioned it to media pre-CES. However, at CES they didn't officially release it so it's not yet official. The first link just reiterates what he was told pre-CES.

The 2nd link, a different author, is not stating that Sharp won't release the 645. He simply removed it from his article and stated it is a article correction because the 645 was not officially announced. Looks like he pre-wrote his article from the pre-CES info and then had to correct the "official" release info. He didn't retract that Sharp will produce the 645, just reiterated that officially "The only 80-inch 3D model Sharp [officially] announced at the show is the LC-80LE844U"

Look for the 645 80" to be edge lighted if it does appear this year(I'm not saying it's not gonna show up,just saying nothing is set in stone )

all this goes to the validity of my case that the 832 80" is a one-off display that will be a rare classic display soon due to it being an mid/low priced Full Array back lighted model .Sharp wants everyone to pay a premium price for all future back lit arrays Everyone will agree that Sharp will play the 70"+ Class of displays for all the profit they can as they are the only Game in town in the 70"+ club

interesting read sent to me from Rockaway = http://www.twice.com/article/481186-...r_Big_LCDs.php
post #248 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

Sorry guys I hurt my back so im a little slow. Top of my set is 63 inches up. From my sitting area that puts my 6'4 frame and eye at just slightly above the middle of the screen. No tilt needed for me.

Thx. Get better!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post


all this goes to the validity of my case that the 832 80" is a one-off display that will be a rare classic display soon due to it being an mid/low priced Full Array back lighted model .Sharp wants everyone to pay a premium price for all future back lit arrays Everyone will agree that Sharp will play the 70"+ Class of displays for all the profit they can as they are the only Game in town in the 70"+ club

interesting read sent to me from Rockaway = http://www.twice.com/article/481186-...r_Big_LCDs.php

Interesting read. Thx Mike.
post #249 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfoo2001 View Post

getting this from the Brick for 4300, they're telling me it MUST be transported upright. They said because of the pressure of the thin screen or something. Doesn't make sense to me, I should be able to put this in my pickup and go right??

I did

(well, a friend's pickup)

just don't ratchet TOO tight!
post #250 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post


interesting read sent to me from Rockaway = http://www.twice.com/article/481186-...r_Big_LCDs.php

Great read, thanks.

The timing of that expected 4k display (end of 2012 early 2013) dovetails perfectly with the expected timing for the 645u. Initial reports from the pre CES info was that the 645 would be 120hz and 4k. I always assumed the 4k was a mistake by the author or that it was just an advance feature mentioned by the manufacturer that would not make it in the final shipped product as usually happens (only that didn't jibe with Sharp's history, they usually come through with what they announce - unlike LG and especially Vizio).

Maybe their way of keeping 80" prices high is to release a fully loaded 844u for $6500 (probably $5k street) then a 120hz non-3D 80" with 4k for a similar price using the 4k as a premium feature. They could then release a higher end 945 set with 3D, 240hz, and 4k.

Or maybe the 4k set he's describing is the 90"!
post #251 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

Sorry guys I hurt my back so im a little slow. Top of my set is 63 inches up. From my sitting area that puts my 6'4 frame and eye at just slightly above the middle of the screen. No tilt needed for me

Suzook,
I've been there with the bad back , it's no fun at all , take care of yourself big guy !
@ least Ya got a great display to pass the time ............Hope you feel better
I'm gonna try those settings you posted when my 80" get's here .. it's Newark Ca 70 mile south of here but they aren't gonna deliver till next week , I called trying to push the date up but they said cause i'm in the North Bay they can't do it till then Oh well ..
post #252 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post


Suzook,
I've been there with the bad back , it's no fun at all , take care of yourself big guy !
@ least Ya got a great display to pass the time ............Hope you feel better
I'm gonna try those settings you posted when my 80" get's here .. it's Newark Ca 70 mile south of here but they aren't gonna deliver till next week , I called trying to push the date up but they said cause i'm in the North Bay they can't do it till then Oh well ..

Appreciate it mate. Those settings were shared by another member who I helped get a deal :-) they are post calibration (isf) which was done by non other than the famous Kevin Miller. He is considered to be one of the top three isf calibrators out there. Its meant for a fairly light controlled environment

Cheers
post #253 of 1603
TV just arrived from US-Appliance. Looks great!
post #254 of 1603
Just started a settings thread for everyone receiving your TV's. Nice place to start with calibration and obviously please share your settings if you get your set-up looking good.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post21749374
post #255 of 1603
Well, I finally bit the bullet last night. My local BB had a cool general manager who worked with me. I brought in every printed add I could off line and even though they didn't meet the specs of price matching ( something to do with 15 miles from the store) he got me to $4200 OTD. I was really happy with that, especially because I got 36months no interest on BB card. Now I jsut have to wait until Monday for it to come in.
post #256 of 1603
For you guys that have been getting it from US Appliance - how has the delivery worked? Do they bring the box in to your room? Do you have to get it off the truck yourself? I've had issues with other places with big items like this and trying to determine just what constitutes "delivery" in their terms.
post #257 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_ed View Post

For you guys that have been getting it from US Appliance - how has the delivery worked? Do they bring the box in to your room? Do you have to get it off the truck yourself? I've had issues with other places with big items like this and trying to determine just what constitutes "delivery" in their terms.


For me they were great. Brought it in to the room, very friendly. Helped me unpack to make sure it was OK. Then I gave them $20 to haul away my old set ... and when I say "old set" I mean it.

The TV this one replaced was a 60" Mitsu from 1983!!! No kidding.
post #258 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by caneaddict View Post

For me they were great. Brought it in to the room, very friendly. Helped me unpack to make sure it was OK. Then I gave them $20 to haul away my old set ... and when I say "old set" I mean it.

The TV this one replaced was a 60" Mitsu from 1983!!! No kidding.

Did you have the "white glove" shipping option?
post #259 of 1603
Quote:
Quote:
For you guys that have been getting it from US Appliance - how has the delivery worked? Do they bring the box in to your room? Do you have to get it off the truck yourself? I've had issues with other places with big items like this and trying to determine just what constitutes "delivery" in their terms.

Great for me. They brought it all the way in the house. Asked if I wanted them to unpack it, but I wasn't ready for the install yet.

No white glove here either, just "curbside." I tipped them as well.
post #260 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv4xmas View Post

Did you have the "white glove" shipping option?

nope. regular delivery. was kept updated the whole time of delivery timeframe. everything US-Appliance said happened exactly on schedule.

Is there anywhere on the net I can place a good review for them?
post #261 of 1603
BTW, anyone even remotely considering this set ... my advice, stop thinking and just get it. It's really amazing.
post #262 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by caneaddict View Post

nope. regular delivery. was kept updated the whole time of delivery timeframe. everything US-Appliance said happened exactly on schedule.

Is there anywhere on the net I can place a good review for them?

go to the page where they have the Display ,I " think " you can leave a review as one has showed up today
post #263 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_ed View Post

For you guys that have been getting it from US Appliance - how has the delivery worked? Do they bring the box in to your room? Do you have to get it off the truck yourself? I've had issues with other places with big items like this and trying to determine just what constitutes "delivery" in their terms.

I'm about to order this today as well. I also had a question about whether to get white glove or not. From the replies, it appears I won't need to pay for white glove?

It sounds like a nice tip will get the tv unboxed and my old tv moved to another room?
post #264 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by poncekim View Post

I'm about to order this today as well. I also had a question about whether to get white glove or not. From the replies, it appears I won't need to pay for white glove?

It sounds like a nice tip will get the tv unboxed and my old tv moved to another room?

If you are a new US Appliance customer, be sure to pick someone to get a $50 referral check. There are a lot of prior US Appliance customers on this thread who are deserving. You will need their REAL name, and order number fof their set...
post #265 of 1603
Now you tell me!

Just got off the phone and ordered it 20 minutes ago. They are expecting the TVs to come in tomorrrow! Can't wait.
post #266 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv4xmas View Post


If you are a new US Appliance customer, be sure to pick someone to get a $50 referral check. There are a lot of prior US Appliance customers on this thread who are deserving. You will need their REAL name, and order number fof their set...

Ill take a few checks :-)
post #267 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by caneaddict View Post

Great read, thanks.

The timing of that expected 4k display (end of 2012 early 2013) dovetails perfectly with the expected timing for the 645u. Initial reports from the pre CES info was that the 645 would be 120hz and 4k. I always assumed the 4k was a mistake by the author or that it was just an advance feature mentioned by the manufacturer that would not make it in the final shipped product as usually happens (only that didn't jibe with Sharp's history, they usually come through with what they announce - unlike LG and especially Vizio).

Maybe their way of keeping 80" prices high is to release a fully loaded 844u for $6500 (probably $5k street) then a 120hz non-3D 80" with 4k for a similar price using the 4k as a premium feature. They could then release a higher end 945 set with 3D, 240hz, and 4k.

Or maybe the 4k set he's describing is the 90"!

While I'd like to believe it, I think end of this year or early next is highly optimistic for a consumer-level (i.e. under $10k) 4k tv, especially at an 80" screen size... it's just.. too good to be true... at least this soon. Besides, where's the 4K content? I don't think there'd be nearly enough out there within the year to make such a purchase practical or worthwhile.

All of that being said, I'd love to eat my words come this time next year!
post #268 of 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by srs148@verizon View Post

While I'd like to believe it, I think end of this year or early next is highly optimistic for a consumer-level (i.e. under $10k) 4k tv, especially at an 80" screen size... it's just.. too good to be true... at least this soon. Besides, where's the 4K content? I don't think there'd be nearly enough out there within the year to make such a purchase practical or worthwhile.

All of that being said, I'd love to eat my words come this time next year!

I'd tend to agree except the article shows that Sharp believes they will get this done and they have been on-target with actually delivering what they say (unlike their competitors). If they really are completely going all-in on the large panels then it makes sense for them to push 4k.

I agree there won't be much native content but I'm sure the TV would upconvert. My main issue would be that I'm not sure if there are standards yet related to 4k. So will the TV be able to show true 4k content when that content is available with some future standard?

I would imagine this would go hand in hand with 3D but even there I think 4K would make more sense in a passive display where you could get a passive picture that doesn't need to split the resolution of the feed (best of both worlds), but Sharp hasn't given any indications that they are moving towards passive.

Will be interesting to follow ....
post #269 of 1603
Picked up the 632u tonight, here's how I got it.
Found that my local Fry's had it on sale from 3-1 to 3-8 for $3999.
Frys has this new lame policy that they must delivery any tv directly to your door if it is 70" or bigger. They say too many folks drop them and then return it unopened and want a brand new one. The delivery fee is ~50 bux. I drive a pickup truck and don't want to pay the delivery fee and can fit the tv in it just fine and bring it home, but Frys won't let me. So I found one in stock at the local BB and had them price match Frys. I also got 36 months no interest and double rewards points worth 175 bux. So in the end I paid about 50 bux more than us appliance but I am sitting next to my new tv the same day I bought it

post #270 of 1603
Picked up the 632u tonight, here's how I got it. Found that my local Fry's had it on sale from 3-1 to 3-8 for $3999. Frys has this new lame policy that they must delivery any tv directly to your door if it is 70" or bigger. They say too many folks drop them and then return it unopened and want a brand new one. The delivery fee is ~50 bux. I drive a pickup truck and don't want to pay the delivery fee and can fit the tv in it just fine and bring it home, but Frys won't let me. So I found one in stock at the local BB and had them price match Frys. I also got 36 months no interest and double rewards points worth 175 bux. So in the end I paid about 50 bux more than us appliancebut I am sitting next to my new tvthesameday I bought it.

I don't understand how you paid on $50 more when the price at US Appliance is $3697 and you paid $3999 plus tax
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home