Originally Posted by Kage
I bought the S590 at Target a few weeks ago when they had the price error on it. I would like to know if the S790 is worth getting even though I have non 3D 46" Panasonic plasma tv?
That depends on if you think the following features / capabilities are worth the extra. Given you paid $120, that's $130 difference. Tough call.
1) Improved build quality and more conservative styling
2) Front display will indicate HD content with HD icon
3) Two HDMI outputs (allows split Audio/video if required)
4) Super Bit Mapping
5) SKype support when used with additional camera
7) Additional levels of customization of video quality (many pre-sets, and user modes) for both internet video (IP Noise Reduction Pro) and BD, DVD and DLNA. More impressed with these than I thought I would be.
8) 4K upscaling
9) Improved remote control
10) others ??