Originally Posted by mdavej
To any JP1 users out there, I just posted THIS
upgrade for the Echo. I built it according to THESE
pronto hex codes published by Ceton. It should work, but I don't have an Echo to test myself, so no guarantees.
Xnappo, if you see this post will you give it a try and let me know if it works? The pronto hex decodes as device 52.15, which struck me as a little odd, but that's what I used.
Just a few observations...
1. If Ceton is using RC6, they must be ignoring the toggle bit as they're only including 1 of 2 codes for each button (every other time you press the same button, the toggle bit switches between 0 and 1, which results in a different IR code being sent). In theory, there should be a pair of Pronto codes starting with 0000 for each command in order to properly cover the toggle bits. If the Echo is ignoring the toggle bit, this isn't overly important. If the Echo is paying attention to the toggle bit, then this would be important.
2. The carrier frequency, the second word in each code (0071, 0072, or 0073 in the codes they published), ought to be the same for all the buttons. Usually the IR receiver has some tolerance for deviation built in, but if they're publishing the codes, they really ought to clean them up and make them all consistent.