or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Celebrating 50 Years of James Bond on Blu-ray
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Celebrating 50 Years of James Bond on Blu-ray - Page 16

post #451 of 686
I have to say, I really like the packaging on the boxset. I know some people are not a fan, but for now I will keep them in the books. Let the marathon begin!!!

AFA3E8F0-7E21-4A21-A271-84AC5A74A7F9-114-0000000079FC2063.jpg

8CDDBE3A-428C-4BF1-A370-D3A1A011AF50-114-0000000087E8F14E.jpg
post #452 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB2 View Post

WHAT A DISASTER!!
After driving to a three exclusive retailers only Target had their exclusive Bond blu-rays in stock. Wal-Mart had them on their website but none at the store I went to. Best Buy did not have them in their store or online and nobody knew anything about them. All told this took me 2+ hours of "checking" and "waiting" at the stores.
I don't want to hear any studios complaining any more to consumers about poor catalog blu-ray sales!

Yeah, I don't know what's going on especially with Best Buy. No Bond singles, plus they didn't have the Universal Classic Monsters set and to top it off, the two stores I checked today have re-organized their home video shelves to combine dvds and Blu-rays in some haphazard mess that's supposed to be sorted by genre (Horror, Action/Sci-Fi, Comedy, etc) but really isn't. It's like BB corporate is saying "please consumers, go to online retailers, send us into bankruptcy."
post #453 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyslammer View Post

Yeah, I don't know what's going on especially with Best Buy. No Bond singles, plus they didn't have the Universal Classic Monsters set and to top it off, the two stores I checked today have re-organized their home video shelves to combine dvds and Blu-rays in some haphazard mess that's supposed to be sorted by genre (Horror, Action/Sci-Fi, Comedy, etc) but really isn't. It's like BB corporate is saying "please consumers, go to online retailers, send us into bankruptcy."

Other users are reporting that Best Buy release date for the Bond singles is not until October 23rd. I would check back with them on that date.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=6549352
post #454 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB2 View Post

WHAT A DISASTER!!
After driving to a three exclusive retailers only Target had their exclusive Bond blu-rays in stock. Wal-Mart had them on their website but none at the store I went to. Best Buy did not have them in their store or online and nobody knew anything about them. All told this took me 2+ hours of "checking" and "waiting" at the stores.
I don't want to hear any studios complaining any more to consumers about poor catalog blu-ray sales!

wow... I was at my target a couple days ago and they had ONE BD and two DVD sets... I actually held the BD set until I decided I didnt want to spend that money... big mistake I guess.
post #455 of 686
I wasn't even aware of the the splitting of films among retailers. I've already got all the other films on BD. I was hopping to do the amazon order. So may have to get what I can now. then wait for BB to get them in a few weeks.

Does this complete the entire run of films then?
post #456 of 686
Hello everyone!

I have received the UK set the day after its official release and I have been working my way through it since then. I have just started The Living Daylights, and there is apparently no signal coming out of the left and of the right front channels. Did anyone encounter this problem? Can you check (be it on the UK or the US discs)? Thanks!
post #457 of 686
Thread Starter 
Worked for me UK set
post #458 of 686
I just don't like that some of the discs get scuffed.
post #459 of 686
I think that Wal-Mart stores may be getting theirs on 10/9. I checked the availability for in-store pickup, and all the stores in my area (Chicago) said it would be available on 10/9. I just decided to have one shipped to me, and it's supposedly arriving between 10/5 & 10/10.

I did find the Target exclusives this morning. I bought TND, but come to think of it, they didn't have more than one or two of each movie.
post #460 of 686
Any Canucks find any of the exclusives today?
post #461 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post

Any Canucks find any of the exclusives today?

I saw them at Futureshop and Best Buy for $10.
post #462 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbles3k View Post

I think that Wal-Mart stores may be getting theirs on 10/9. I checked the availability for in-store pickup, and all the stores in my area (Chicago) said it would be available on 10/9. I just decided to have one shipped to me, and it's supposedly arriving between 10/5 & 10/10.
I did find the Target exclusives this morning. I bought TND, but come to think of it, they didn't have more than one or two of each movie.

I saw Walmart on 9/30 having a bunch of new repackaged Bond on sale for $10 but they removed the entire display again today. I already bought the 3 exclusives when they had it.

How come only Goldeneye has the Bond girl on the cover but all the rest removed the Bond girl?
post #463 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbles3k View Post

I didn't mean the set. I was talking about the individual movies that Target, Best Buy, and Wal-Mart are supposed to get as exclusives. They're each getting 3 of the films that had not been released yet. Wal-Mart has theirs up on their website, but the other two have no mention of them at all.

My apologies - I forgot about the single releases since so much talk was about the set.
post #464 of 686
Thanks. Must be my copy then. I've contacted amazon UK, but they've not answered yet. I have a bad feeling about this...
post #465 of 686
Futureshop in Canada has the six titles that BB and Target have/going to get.
$9.99 each and a $10 voucher for Skyfall. Don't know if they ship outside Canada.
post #466 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey1 View Post

Hello everyone!
I have received the UK set the day after its official release and I have been working my way through it since then. I have just started The Living Daylights, and there is apparently no signal coming out of the left and of the right front channels. Did anyone encounter this problem? Can you check (be it on the UK or the US discs)? Thanks!

Sorry, but it's a false alarm, the problem was coming from my system, not the disc.
post #467 of 686
Update: found the Wal-Mart single discs at a Super Wal-Mart. Those looking might want to call or check a Super Wal-Mart
post #468 of 686
is there a list of what store is getting what titles?
post #469 of 686
Disaster is right. Went to Target yesterday and after walking around for 10 minutes finally found a small display and picked up the one copy they had of Tomorrow Never Dies. Went to Walmart for a copy of Goldeneye and they had no Bond titles. The guy behind the counter said they were "not on the truck today". Suggested I call to see if they were on today's truck. Went to to Walmart website and for Goldeneye it says "not available".

If the studios were serious, they would make sure the exclusive retailers had the merchandise out on the promised day and not just one or two copies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu18 View Post

wow... I was at my target a couple days ago and they had ONE BD and two DVD sets... I actually held the BD set until I decided I didnt want to spend that money... big mistake I guess.
post #470 of 686
I fail to see how exclusives benefit the stores when they 1) Don't advertise them (e.g. Target), or 2) Don't have them in stock. Sure, in the case of the later, they still got you in the store, but they generated a ton of ill will in the process by not having what you wanted.
post #471 of 686
Watched one of my favorite Bond movies last night "You Only Live Twice". Overall, I thought it was just an adequate transfer. The whites definitely have a pink hue to them that the screenshots showed, but otherwise the transfer was decent. It has definitely never looked or sounded better and I really enjoy this movie.
post #472 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB2 View Post

Update: found the Wal-Mart single discs at a Super Wal-Mart. Those looking might want to call or check a Super Wal-Mart



No Bond's at my Super Wal-Mart.

mark
post #473 of 686
Aside from watching YOLT, I sampled some of the other preciously unreleased Blu-Ray transfers and I have to say Goldeneye is everybit as bad as the screenshots show with regards to DNR. It is over the top. I don't usually bitch and moan about DNR (aside from Patton and Gladiator) but to me Goldeneye is very disappointing. So far the worst of the lot by a good amount. All they had to do was turn down the DNR filtering (there is some ringing also, most likely from EE).

I hope they fix this at some point...
post #474 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer6871 View Post

Disaster is right. Went to Target yesterday and after walking around for 10 minutes finally found a small display and picked up the one copy they had of Tomorrow Never Dies. Went to Walmart for a copy of Goldeneye and they had no Bond titles. The guy behind the counter said they were "not on the truck today". Suggested I call to see if they were on today's truck. Went to to Walmart website and for Goldeneye it says "not available".
If the studios were serious, they would make sure the exclusive retailers had the merchandise out on the promised day and not just one or two copies.

Goldeneye has disappeared from the Walmart web site. Just lists the DVD or Vudu.
post #475 of 686
Walked in Target today and got A View To A Kill, Living Daylights and Tomorrow Never Dies. I didn't get the License to Kill since I already have it when it came out on blu ray. I don't think you will find any James Bond exclusives at Walmart stores since they are available only online. I don't know about Best Buy.
post #476 of 686
Thread Starter 
Do they have the new art like here www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Living-Daylights-Blu-ray/37045/
Or the old golden ones
post #477 of 686
post #478 of 686
Thread Starter 
Nice, apart from the teal I like those covers
post #479 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post

I've still got mine somewhere. It's strange, Goldeneye has never looked great on video, no matter what the format or version. But the sound on the 1999 DVD was reportedly mixed with the LFE 10db too hot, so it's a bass crazy track.
I'll agree it's never looked "great" on video except for the Laserdisc which is exceptional for the format. I'm watching my LD in DD 5.1 now. I love the bass heavy mix here, it has all kinds of playfulness and impact that isn't present on the Dolby Surround matrix (which is also quite good). Is this mix on LD and SE DVD really mixed too hot? I always thought that GE was supposed to be this way and that they simply tamed it down for the UE remixes. It seems that the bass is high due to it being part of Serra's score which was mixed out as much as possible just before release by both Producers and studio.
The DTS laser will probably sound best of all.

On the singles, I found the Walmart three in a cardboard display today along with several sets and 11 of the other singles in new covers. On Tuesday neither BB or Walmart had or knew of any, but Target had theirs on a shelf along with the new single LTK. Oddly enough, AVTAK and TND were 9.99 but TLD was 14.99. Guess you pay for higher quality. wink.gif I will admit that the printing and cover design on these new issues is pretty substandard when you hold them in your hand.
post #480 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsolo View Post


The DTS laser will probably sound best of all..


Oh it was!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Celebrating 50 Years of James Bond on Blu-ray