or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung 2012 Lineup and Information Thread [No Price Talk]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung 2012 Lineup and Information Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 6

post #151 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by airgon74 View Post


36.5 and 0.006fL for a contrast ratio of 6083:1),

on/off contrast ratio can be misleading. The black levels measured using on screen content or an ANSI pattern on 2011 Samsung's approximately doubled depending on APL. In that respect the 2011 Panny's did a better job (btw, I'm a Samsung owner).
post #152 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyjd40 View Post

the es7500 /8000 are out and have been , the e8000 is available for preorder and will actually be available on march 19th, in stores !!! that is a fact. i know cause I will have mine on the 19th ( i was told the 18th but thats sunday, so i figure monday)by samsung. so the es7500/8000 can be tested by retailers that have them. one person already gave pics of the es7500 in his store. and amazon has the 46-55-60 unes8000.


god bless

I think thats the case with the panels up to 50",I was told by Samsung that the larger 59" and 64" panels wont be available untill months later,Im not sure how much truth there is to that,but thats coming from Samsung.
post #153 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post

on/off contrast ratio can be misleading. The black levels measured using on screen content or an ANSI pattern on 2011 Samsung's approximately doubled depending on APL. In that respect the 2011 Panny's did a better job (btw, I'm a Samsung owner).

God bless.
post #154 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyjd40 View Post

the es7500 /8000 are out and have been , the e8000 is available for preorder and will actually be available on march 19th, in stores !!! that is a fact. i know cause I will have mine on the 19th ( i was told the 18th but thats sunday, so i figure monday

So the PNE8000 line is due to be available for delivery March 18/19, is that right?
post #155 of 267
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivingrain View Post

So the PNE8000 line is due to be available for delivery March 18/19, is that right?

I hope so. I'm hopeful the flbr issue is resolved on these e series pdps too.
post #156 of 267
Thread Starter 
abt, an official samsung online retailer, has stock of the 60E8000. here's the link:

http://www.abt.com/product/59634/Sam...8000GFXZA.html
post #157 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyguitar1963 View Post

I hope so. I'm hopeful the flbr issue is resolved on these e series pdps too.

Samsung reps say it is... I realize that doesn't mean much, but at least shows they knew about it. We can hope and apparently will know in about a week (with some time for testing to confirm).
post #158 of 267
FBr issue was resolved for the the 2011 sets with a logic board update so one would presume they will use the same timing patterns for the 2012s.
post #159 of 267
post #160 of 267
Any differences between the E6500, E7000 and E8000 panels? The E6500 might be the value pick of the year if they perform the same (ostensibly).
post #161 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian s View Post

PN64E8000 available now! http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...tialSearch=yes

At CES the bezel looked black... this one looks dark silver/grey.
post #162 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic_0002 View Post

At CES the bezel looked black... this one looks dark silver/grey.

See, I saw it at CES, and it looked dark grey to me. Then Chris @ Cleveland Plasma came back and described it as really much darker than last year (I felt it was really similar) and I thought maybe multiple units were there with different bezels -- not impossible at the prototype stage.

That's why I'm confused about reports of blackness. I never saw this really dark bezel and I really went the E series was more or less the same as the D series. I guess we'll know really soon.
post #163 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic_0002 View Post

At CES the bezel looked black... this one looks dark silver/grey.

That photo isn't accurate. The bezel is titan black and the stand is also black. Katzmaier has some "real world" photos on cnet. http://reviews.cnet.com/2300-33199_7-10011523.html
post #164 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian s View Post

PN64E8000 available now! http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...tialSearch=yes

Does anyone know when the 51 is coming?
post #165 of 267
Check abt.
post #166 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivingrain View Post

Does anyone know when the 51 is coming?

http://www.abt.com/product/59626/Sam...6500EFXZA.html

Edit: Oops, that's the E6500, but it's in stock.

Here's the E8000 (not in stock): http://www.abt.com/product/59633/Sam...8000GFXZA.html
E7000 (also not in stock): http://www.abt.com/product/59629/Sam...7000FFXZA.html
post #167 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivingrain View Post

Does anyone know when the 51 is coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggybong View Post

http://www.abt.com/product/59626/Sam...6500EFXZA.html

Edit: Oops, that's the E6500, but it's in stock.

Here's the E8000 (not in stock): http://www.abt.com/product/59633/Sam...8000GFXZA.html
E7000 (also not in stock): http://www.abt.com/product/59629/Sam...7000FFXZA.html

I called ABT and they're saying toward the end of the month. No specific date.
post #168 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckZ View Post

Any differences between the E6500, E7000 and E8000 panels? The E6500 might be the value pick of the year if they perform the same (ostensibly).

I'm trying to get the answer to this too.
So far the only difference I hav e found is the bezel is smaller on the 7000 than the 6500, .2" vs. .5", plus the 6500 is black vs. the 7000 being titantium gray.
post #169 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzt41j View Post


I'm trying to get the answer to this too.
So far the only difference I hav e found is the bezel is smaller on the 7000 than the 6500, .2" vs. .5", plus the 6500 is black vs. the 7000 being titantium gray.

Where did you get that info?
post #170 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post

on/off contrast ratio can be misleading. The black levels measured using on screen content or an ANSI pattern on 2011 Samsung's approximately doubled depending on APL. In that respect the 2011 Panny's did a better job (btw, I'm a Samsung owner).

Pre or Post FBr firmware? or both?

I read reports where some said the black levels were worse after the firmware, then others who said it was better. Confusing...
post #171 of 267
From what I've been able to figure out the E7000 adds to the E6500 a dual-core processor, expandable tech slot (maybe more memory in the future, no plans yet and may not ever be used) and better speakers. It is also slightly thinner.

The E8000 adds the Smart Interaction with voice control, gesture control and facial recognition. It also has a built-in camera for Skype, automatic brightness adjust, additional USB port, and better image filter for angled viewing.

All three include internet browser, 2 sets of 3D glasses, and the better real black panel processing.

I was going to buy a E7000 as soon as it was released, but now I'm leaning towards the E6500. I have a surround sound system and HTPC hooked up to it, so I'm not worried about the better speakers or faster apps. I'd rather use the savings on a new subwoofer. Unless anyone knows of another reason I'm missing to get the E7000.
post #172 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGGy View Post

Pre or Post FBr firmware? or both?

I read reports where some said the black levels were worse after the firmware, then others who said it was better. Confusing...

There were some reports (qualitative) of a slight decrease in mll after the logic board update and one measurement I know of where it came down slightly. So I'd call it a marginal improvement, maybe this is the 10% bump they have claimed for 2012 models.
post #173 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post


Yep, echoing what I noted above. We need a real test before reaching a conclusion.

Tests were done at the new York conference showing production model e8000
post #174 of 267
The bezel dimensions came from an abt salesman.
post #175 of 267
I was at the new york spring showcase , I can tell you that the e8000 looked super. I just really want to see what the pn60e8000 looks like in my home when it gets here. If all goes well then I will purchase the pn64e8000 from ve , if not as great as I hope i guess then looking at the gt50 from ve comes with a 310 br player for about the same price. Ugh I love new tv's but I hate trying to figure out which one to buy.
post #176 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyjd40 View Post

the es7500 /8000 are out and have been , the e8000 is available for preorder and will actually be available on march 19th, in stores !!! that is a fact. i know cause I will have mine on the 19th ( i was told the 18th but thats sunday, so i figure monday)by samsung. so the es7500/8000 can be tested by retailers that have them. one person already gave pics of the es7500 in his store. and amazon has the 46-55-60 unes8000.
god bless

You are right, the ES and E series LED's have been out. No need to test them as they are a standard edge lit LED. Now if they where local dimming, that would be a different story.......
post #177 of 267
Chris, are you going to be directly comparing the ST50 and E6500 panels by chance?
post #178 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by airgon74 View Post

Tests were done at the new York conference showing production model e8000

Yes, a Samsung showcase on a model they pre-selected. That's hardly an objective -- or comprehensive -- test platform.

I'm not saying the news isn't promising, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
post #179 of 267
Guys, save the retail links for the deals threads.

Thanks
post #180 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyjd40 View Post

I was at the new york spring showcase , I can tell you that the e8000 looked super. I just really want to see what the pn60e8000 looks like in my home when it gets here. If all goes well then I will purchase the pn64e8000 from ve , if not as great as I hope i guess then looking at the gt50 from ve comes with a 310 br player for about the same price. Ugh I love new tv's but I hate trying to figure out which one to buy.

Or wait for the Awesome OLEDs in 2013!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung 2012 Lineup and Information Thread [No Price Talk]