or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › How do you all feel abput Axiom speakers?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How do you all feel abput Axiom speakers? - Page 7  

post #181 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Haha I'm from Surrey too. I'm surprised you haven't done a build for a sub using some of the higher end drivers then.

Not many of us admit to being from Surrey LMAO . What part do you hail from, I lived around surrey place and also wally ring , and also Fleetwood for a while,then moved out to cloverdale. The sub I have built is based on the SDX 10 woofer which is highly regarded and not too expensive, and uses 2 adjustable passive radiators. I like how it sounds and rather than build something different I will build another , so they match and use them in my living room.
post #182 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

cybrsage, if you really believe in Axiom subs that much you really should participate a little more often over in the sub section and when someone asks about a recommendation on what sub they should go with you can start to recommend Axiom subs rolleyes.gif . It would be really interesting to see how well that one goes over for you.

If you do decide to start posting about how great Axiom subs are make sure you're wearing you flame suit, because the sub guys can get pretty rough.

You have a horrific reading comprehension skill. I have repeatedly said (and to you no less) that other brands offer a far better value in subs than both Axiom and Paradigm. Yet somehow this makes you think I believe in Axiom subs. Can you explain this?
post #183 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

I have posted on more then one occasion that Paradigm subs are good value when compared to what else is available for the same price.

Ouch, so you lied to them! You previously said, in this thread, they are NOT a good value.


EDIT: Simple case of mistyping on jbrown's part...he meant to type "not a good value" and it did not make it into the post.
Edited by cybrsage - 3/31/13 at 9:19pm
post #184 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post


Why aren't you two in the Paradigm thread making post after post about how bad the Paradigm subs are? Why only Axiom? Serious question. You both claim they are bad for the price and no one should buy them, yet your holy crusades against bad subs do not cause you to enter their threads and bash them. Why is that? Why only Axiom? Again, a serious question, I really want to know what makes you both bash Axiom subs in Axiom threads but not bash Paradigm subs in Paradigm threads when you say they are both bad for the price.

Because they are called owners threads. I have never owned anything Paradigm or have much experience listening to them. Therefore I'm not jumping in on that thread. Axiom on the other hand, i've been an Axiom owner for 4 years which I think qualifys me to join in any Axiom discussion thread. I also own a Axiom EP175 as stated in previous threads and posts (although its only rarely used as a soundbar subwoofer, which IMO is all its good for or PC setup). So theres my serious answer.
post #185 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpsuper24 View Post

Because they are called owners threads. So theres my serious answer.

Thanks for the serious answer. Since you are NOT an Axiom owner any more, you will stay out of the Owners' threads now, right? They ARE owners' threads and you are NOT an owner...
post #186 of 225
He just said he still owns an Axiom product. Not that it is a prerequisite to free speech. Having experience with Axiom products for 4 years certainly qualifies his input, even if you don't agree with it. If he decides to give it to Goodwill or throw it in a dumpster, then he doesn't have a 'right' to say so in an 'owners thread', because he isn't an 'owner' anymore? That's just... hmmmm... silly.
post #187 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

Ouch, so you lied to them! You previously said, in this thread, they are NOT a good value.

Sorry that's my poor proof reading skills coming out. I meant I have said in other posts Paradigm subs aren't good value for the money. You can do a search on my posts if you actually care to try to prove me wrong.

You said so yourself, Axiom subs need to be redone and aren't good value so I really don't see why you're so upset when I say that for the money they aren't good subs.
Edited by jbrown15 - 3/31/13 at 8:42pm
post #188 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socketman View Post

Not many of us admit to being from Surrey LMAO . What part do you hail from, I lived around surrey place and also wally ring , and also Fleetwood for a while,then moved out to cloverdale. The sub I have built is based on the SDX 10 woofer which is highly regarded and not too expensive, and uses 2 adjustable passive radiators. I like how it sounds and rather than build something different I will build another , so they match and use them in my living room.

I lived close to Fleetwood, I went to North Surrey High school and now I actually live out in Cloverdale.
I have Vancouver down in my signature because no one really knows where Cloverdale is!...lol
Plus I work in Vancouver so I spend the majority of a 24 hour day in Vancouver.

When's the last time you were out in Cloverdale? It's pretty developed now, not to many farms left!...lol
Just hundreds of new houses.
post #189 of 225
Sorry cybrsage, I've reread a few of my posts. I can see where you said they aren't good value and I thought you were defending Axiom subs. I apologize for that, I'll admit when I'm wrong about something I've said to another poster.

But I still stand by what I've said all along, for the money Axiom subs are not good value/performance.

Cheers and happy Easter.
post #190 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Sorry cybrsage, I've reread a few of my posts. I can see where you said they aren't good value and I thought you were defending Axiom subs. I apologize for that, I'll admit when I'm wrong about something I've said to another poster.

But I still stand by what I've said all along, for the money Axiom subs are not good value/performance.

Cheers and happy Easter.

Easy to think I am an Axiom Fanboy when people like gtx are here claiming their are neutral observers. Essentially, that would be the same as saying a centrist (politically) is a right winger when one considers Pelosi a centrist. wink.gif

The Axiom On Walls are good value/performance...especially in light that almost no one makes on-walls any more. Those are the only ones I own, so I cannot speak for any others. I use them exclusively for surrounds - for the mains I went Paradigm, which is a known good brand for mains.

Happy Easter to you as well. We argue here, and at times it even gets heated, but I know you mean well. smile.gif Heated arguments are good for fleshing out details on everyone's views, imo.
post #191 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Sorry that's my poor proof reading skills coming out. I meant I have said in other posts Paradigm subs aren't good value for the money. You can do a search on my posts if you actually care to try to prove me wrong.

You said so yourself, Axiom subs need to be redone and aren't good value so I really don't see why you're so upset when I say that for the money they aren't good subs.

Ah, that makes more sense. I recant my previous statement the. I will edit the post to reflect this, but leave the original statement in to prevent future confusion.
post #192 of 225
I've had Studio 100v5's in my theater room along with the CC-690 center, my buddy sells then and brought his setup over to my place so I could try them out. Not my cup of tea but I can see why people like them.
I had a quick look at your setup, looks good and the fact that you enjoy your setup is all that matters.

Cheers
post #193 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

I lived close to Fleetwood, I went to North Surrey High school and now I actually live out in Cloverdale.
I have Vancouver down in my signature because no one really knows where Cloverdale is!...lol
Plus I work in Vancouver so I spend the majority of a 24 hour day in Vancouver.

When's the last time you were out in Cloverdale? It's pretty developed now, not to many farms left!...lol
Just hundreds of new houses.

I lived just off 168th on a little side street called Sundance, that was about 15yrs ago. There wasn't much land left in that area back then. We visited a few years back and things had really changed down in the lowland areas along 176th street. Working in Vancouver must be a real bitch. My Bro inlaw works 3 days a week in Van and the rest from home . He leaves for work at 4AM so he can get out before rush hour. Rush hour up here lasts about 20 minutes LOL. takes me 10 mins to get to work .
post #194 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socketman View Post

I lived just off 168th on a little side street called Sundance, that was about 15yrs ago. There wasn't much land left in that area back then. We visited a few years back and things had really changed down in the lowland areas along 176th street. Working in Vancouver must be a real bitch. My Bro inlaw works 3 days a week in Van and the rest from home . He leaves for work at 4AM so he can get out before rush hour. Rush hour up here lasts about 20 minutes LOL. takes me 10 mins to get to work .

I'm just off of 168th and 60th. Small world!...lol
Yeah I don't mind really, I don't work right downtown so its not too bad really. I sell Industrial Automation so I enjoy it anyways.
post #195 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

...especially in light that almost no one makes on-walls any more.
eek.gif
post #196 of 225
post #197 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

Thanks for the serious answer. Since you are NOT an Axiom owner any more, you will stay out of the Owners' threads now, right? They ARE owners' threads and you are NOT an owner...

Its a free open community, anyone is free to post what ever they want in any thread they want, as long as its within AVS forum rules. Would you be upset if a non-Axiom owner came in a posted positive reviews of Axioms stuff? Probably not. You only take issue since I'm not shilling Axioms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

Easy to think I am an Axiom Fanboy when people like gtx are here claiming their are neutral observers. Essentially, that would be the same as saying a centrist (politically) is a right winger when one considers Pelosi a centrist. wink.gif

The Axiom On Walls are good value/performance...especially in light that almost no one makes on-walls any more. Those are the only ones I own, so I cannot speak for any others. I use them exclusively for surrounds - for the mains I went Paradigm, which is a known good brand for mains.

I've never once said I was a neutral observer. Only that I tried to be objective I as can when I evaluated bookshelfs about a year and half ago.

Heres just a sample of On Wall manufacturers, since you didn't want to actually do research and just assume Axiom was one of the only ones.

http://emptek.com/onwall.php
http://www.bostonacoustics.com/US/Product/Pages/subcategorylanding.aspx?CatId=HomeAudio(BostonAcoustics_US)&SubCatId=OnWall(BostonAcoustics_US)
http://www.definitivetechnology.com/products/on-wall-shelf-stand-speakers/
http://www.paradigm.com/products/products-by-category/lcr
http://www.psbspeakers.com/products/imagine/Imagine-W1-On-Wall-Speaker
http://www.klipsch.com/klipsch-gallery
post #198 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpsuper24 View Post

Its a free open community, anyone is free to post what ever they want in any thread they want, as long as its within AVS forum rules.

So this means the reason you gave for not posting in the other owners' threads is invalid. Either you are an owner and should post or you are NOT an owner and should NOT post. You are showing us all, quite well I must add, that you are on a ridiculous jihad against Axiom, a speaker company whose speakers you do not actually own.
Quote:
Heres just a sample of On Wall manufacturers, since you didn't want to actually do research and just assume Axiom was one of the only ones.

Please explain how you made the illogical leap from "almost no one" to "the only"? Right now, the reason I see is your illogical jihad against Axiom is making you fail at reading...but maybe you have another answer. Post it, please.
post #199 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badouri View Post

eek.gif

By on-walls, I mean a speaker that does not stick out over half a foot from the wall. If an "on wall" speaker sticks out as far as a non on-wall one, it defeats the purpose of being an on-wall speaker, yes? Technically, EVERY speaker can be mounted directly onto the wall...but it would be silly to call them all on-walls.
post #200 of 225
gtp, a year ago you posted this:
Quote:
They have some really good competition and they aren't the bang for the buck they use to be. Even with there price points they usually fall middle of the pack even to less expensive speakers. They compete well with Polk, EMP, Aperion Intimus, Infinity and JBLs lower line. They are not Paradigm Studio competion though, even though Axiom leads people to believe that their speakers can't be beat by just about any price point.

IMO their subwoofers are no match for most of the ID brands like SVS, HSU, Rythmik, eD, Epik. The EP600 ($1800) is outperformed in just about every way by SVS and HSUs lower offerings at way less. SVS's PB12 NSD kills the EP600 under 40hrz.

But customer service is tops and they have a great return policy.


That is a very reasonable post. Sometime after that you got rid of your Axioms and started your jihad against the company. Your posts have become more and more out there - more hateful - as time progressed. The old gtp was someone people would listen to about Axiom, the new gtp is someone people look at askance and back away from slowly. Return to your old self, the guy we all liked. smile.gif
post #201 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

By on-walls, I mean a speaker that does not stick out over half a foot from the wall. If an "on wall" speaker sticks out as far as a non on-wall one, it defeats the purpose of being an on-wall speaker, yes? Technically, EVERY speaker can be mounted directly onto the wall...but it would be silly to call them all on-walls.

Check other manufacturer's websites before you write...
Edited by Badouri - 4/1/13 at 2:58pm
post #202 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

So this means the reason you gave for not posting in the other owners' threads is invalid. Either you are an owner and should post or you are NOT an owner and should NOT post. You are showing us all, quite well I must add, that you are on a ridiculous jihad against Axiom, a speaker company whose speakers you do not actually own.
Please explain how you made the illogical leap from "almost no one" to "the only"? Right now, the reason I see is your illogical jihad against Axiom is making you fail at reading...but maybe you have another answer. Post it, please.

Actually I don't own you a single courtesy in explaining myself one bit. If you think your important enough to warrant me explaining myself to your dillusional.

Because you made it seem like Axiom one of the VERY few that makes them, when in fact by spending 2 mins on several sits I found many OnWall speakers that are the same or similar depth of the Axioms. So do your want to edit your post to say that theres dozens out there and not "a few"? Axiom is only one of MANY that sells true OnWalls, not "almost no one".
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

gtp, a year ago you posted this:
That is a very reasonable post. Sometime after that you got rid of your Axioms and started your jihad against the company. Your posts have become more and more out there - more hateful - as time progressed. The old gtp was someone people would listen to about Axiom, the new gtp is someone people look at askance and back away from slowly. Return to your old self, the guy we all liked. smile.gif

Guys like you is what "soured" me. Trying to explain the short comings of a speaker and it turns into arguing with guys that cry at every little comment. No basic comprehension of actual speaker measurements, issues that plague speakers and why its never a good idea to introduce comb filtering center channels on purpose. So instead of actually having a decent discussion, it turns into you Axiom guys bitching and moaning that I'm mean and out to destroy Axiom. Even with zero comprehension of speaker measurements which a few guys have pointed out to you and the absolute layman questions you asked Bill, you still challenge with out knowledge.

If I still had some of the PMs I would post a screen cap of them, cause I've got some pretty nasty responses back even for posting something you say is decent and helpful. Also unlike you i've never once had any posts deleted for hateful, nasty personal comments.
post #203 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

Thanks for the serious answer. Since you are NOT an Axiom owner any more, you will stay out of the Owners' threads now, right? They ARE owners' threads and you are NOT an owner...
This thread is titled: "How do you all feel about Axiom speakers?" The other one, (the one YOU started), is labeled: "New Official Axiom Audio Speaker Thread" Which one is the "Owner's" thread?
post #204 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

This thread is titled: "How do you all feel about Axiom speakers?" The other one, (the one YOU started), is labeled: "New Official Axiom Audio Speaker Thread" Which one is the "Owner's" thread?

He's upset because since I sold all of my Axiom speakers (except the EP175) that I shouldn't be involved in Axiom owners threads even though I was a Axiom owner for 4 yrs. He asks why I don't jump in on other owners threads, but I'm not going to jump in Paradigm or Triad for example because I'm not interested in them or have any experience with them.

Its just non-stop complaining without any actual discussion and he wonders why people get so "hatefu".
post #205 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

gtp, a year ago you posted this:
That is a very reasonable post. Sometime after that you got rid of your Axioms and started your jihad against the company. Your posts have become more and more out there - more hateful - as time progressed. The old gtp was someone people would listen to about Axiom, the new gtp is someone people look at askance and back away from slowly. Return to your old self, the guy we all liked. smile.gif

Why all the personal attacks in this thread against people calling them "haters" and describing their opinions as "hateful"? I was curious about the discussion in this thread, but not any more. Too much hypocrisy. Someone who constantly attacks others by calling them haters and hateful is a hater themselves rolleyes.gif
post #206 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpsuper24 View Post

He's upset because since I sold all of my Axiom speakers (except the EP175) that I shouldn't be involved in Axiom owners threads even though I was a Axiom owner for 4 yrs. He asks why I don't jump in on other owners threads, but I'm not going to jump in Paradigm or Triad for example because I'm not interested in them or have any experience with them.

Its just non-stop complaining without any actual discussion and he wonders why people get so "hatefu".
My point was that he was demanding that you stay out of "Owner's" threads, but neither of those threads is an "Owner's" thread. One of them is an "Official" thread, which is usually an informational/discussion thread, which is a wide open thread for anyone to view, post and respond. The other was someone asking for opinions on Axiom speakers, and that's is clearly open to anyone with an opinion on Axiom speakers. Neither one is labeled an "Owner's" thread. Even so, in an "Owner's" thread, you can't prohibit non-owners from reading, posting and responding.

Craig
post #207 of 225
The Official Axiom Owners Thread is here and if you are not a Axiom owner do not go there. biggrin.gif That means you GT,cybersage said so and if you do he will cover your house in applesauce. biggrin.gif
post #208 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Why all the personal attacks in this thread against people calling them "haters" and describing their opinions as "hateful"? I was curious about the discussion in this thread, but not any more. Too much hypocrisy. Someone who constantly attacks others by calling them haters and hateful is a hater themselves rolleyes.gif

It really seems to be typical of fanatical owners. You post an opinion about speakers and they attack you personally (never mentioning anything about the actual speakers ), then proceed to call you hateful and spreading vile nasty posts. Kind of backwards huh?

He considers its hateful if you post that the VP150 is a horrible center because of the tweeters on the far ends of the cabinet.
Edited by gtpsuper24 - 4/1/13 at 3:17pm
post #209 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socketman View Post

The Official Axiom Owners Thread is here and if you are not a Axiom owner do not go there. biggrin.gif That means you GT,cybersage said so and if you do he will cover your house in applesauce. biggrin.gif

even though GT is still an axiom owner? and cybr is currently w/o applesauce? Just when I thought it couldn't get more confusing... smile.gif
post #210 of 225
I hate the internet sarcasm is lost . I used smiley faces smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › How do you all feel abput Axiom speakers?