or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › Pivos AIOS HD Media Center: The *Semiofficial* Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pivos AIOS HD Media Center: The *Semiofficial* Thread - Page 37

post #1081 of 1110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioV73 View Post

That's good. And what do sdc, sdc1, and sdc2 mean? Why do I have two 2TB mounts? Is there a telnet tutorial for Pivos AIOS on what the commands do and how one could modify the settings?
sdc is the actual drive, sdc1 and sdc2 are two partitions on the same drive, sdc1 is almost 2TB while sdc2 is couple of hundred of megs. You don't wont to miss with the allocation as long as its running fine.
Quote:
Welp, I couldn't tell you whether it always did that. I don't recall messing with the LAN port, or paid attention to its lights until I wanted to telnet to it, but I could not. I had to use my Pivos wifi adapter to make that telnet connection. Is there a way to identify whether the LAN port is buster or is having a conflict with something, like the HD? Maybe I could use telnet to disable/enable or remount some of the AIOS's hardware?
telnet to the AIOS and execute ifconfig and see what output you get.
post #1082 of 1110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionn View Post

I have a 1TB HD in my AIOS which is formatted with EXT3 and SWAP partition, do I have to format the swap partition, and if so how? Is everything ok below, did it format ok or what?
You don't format the SWAP partition.
Yes your allocation is looking good.
post #1083 of 1110
Thread Starter 
post #1084 of 1110
Quote:
Originally Posted by aasoror View Post

You can actually replace the A/V drivers with whatever works for you .. read here

Is it possible to replace SATA HDD drivers?
post #1085 of 1110
AASOROR would be the one to answer but I don't think you can replace the SATA HDD Drivers easily. Might be able to at core level and recompile. But that is his area.....
post #1086 of 1110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudd View Post

Is it possible to replace SATA HDD drivers?
Replace them with what ?
post #1087 of 1110
Can I use Transmission PT to download to an attached USB drive? I don't have an internal HDD in my AIOS. Can you give me instructions on how to do that?

I keep getting 413 errors with BT, so I'm going to try to use Transmission instead.

Thanks
post #1088 of 1110
snoopy...

aasoror much more consistently involved on the PIVOS AIOS forum. More likely to get a response there.

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewforum.php?f=3
post #1089 of 1110
are custom firmwares still being worked on? i notice amazon doesnt carry the aios HD anymore tongue.gif
post #1090 of 1110
aasoror is still doing his thing. The 1185 chipset based AIOS is gone. That "official" announcement has been made clear on the PIVOS user forum.

PIVOS, as officially as we can be told, apparently has moved away from Realtek based hardware and is doing AMLogic based stuff.

New units due around March, we've been told.

First releases will be entry level-duo core cpu, and mid level quad core cpu's. But the "entry" level quad core cpu for the mid level stuff is likely to be M801/M802? Not 100% sure.

Later in the year the high end stuff will be released, M803/M805 but really who knows by then what cpu's will be available....

You can read more about the AMLogic stuff here:

http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/12/04/amlogic-processor-roadmap-quad-core-cortex-a9-m8-and-64-bit-arm-processors-m9/
post #1091 of 1110
I wish the best of luck to Pivos, and I hope they come out with a good product that support 1080p, possibly 4K and 3D. I hope the new product supports HD sound as well. Dune media players appear to be going out of business. No one really knows what's going on with them. Mede8er will most likely be next to stop using Realtek chips.
post #1092 of 1110
From reading between the lines on other forums and firmware development issues I'd say Realtek's biggest impediment in terms of dominating the market is Realtek. Because I have an AIOS and have poked around in its OS I think I understand enough to agree.

I'm no coder. But I have done scripts, etc.

Realtek IF they had been more open and co-operative with third party developers could've been the hardware platform.

They lost out. AMLogic stepped in.

We'll see soon enough regarding PIVOS' products. There are several AMLogic based products on eBAY. I'd not get near one as you get what you pay for and support is probably absent. But the hardware is already available.
post #1093 of 1110
im using xtraios 12is there a way to manualy get cover art? auto scana few of my movies it found no art
post #1094 of 1110
I only do manual and use Thumbgen.

With the AIOS aasoror's current firmware works really well by the way.
post #1095 of 1110
aasoror just updated the firmware to address the API changes by Google for YouTube.

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=434&start=800
post #1096 of 1110
just recently got my aios pivos unit hooked up into HT setup after it has sat unused for about 9mthsand I have a wack of hq movies we have not watched.

I am running semi official R19, should I just go to the latest firmware as I assume there is better than what I have. Update via panic recovery I am attempting to update to R23 via panic recovery but screen is just sitting on 'please wait for USB update" now I just left system connected to tv via my hdmi switching SC-67 receiver, hope that is not an issue and update completes.
Edited by cisco kid - 2/17/14 at 10:40pm
post #1097 of 1110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post

just recently got my aios pivos unit hooked up into HT setup after it has sat unused for about 9mthsand I have a wack of hq movies we have not watched.

I am running semi official R19, should I just go to the latest firmware as I assume there is better than what I have. Update via panic recovery I am attempting to update to R23 via panic recovery but screen is just sitting on 'please wait for USB update" now I just left system connected to tv via my hdmi switching SC-67 receiver, hope that is not an issue and update completes.

Yup, go to R23 (then R23.1 patch) it has the latest fixes and addons.
The message should be on for just a minute or two before the install.img is picked up (better to use a USB key with an activity LED so you can see whats going on).
post #1098 of 1110
Are the second set (looking to the right when facing the back of the unit) of RCA jacks for a composite connection, and would my Pivos playback HD content on a CRT television?
post #1099 of 1110
Jeff, While I suspect the answer to your question about composite connections to the Pivos is yes, and you can take HD content and play it on a CRT, you do realize that you will be downsampling the content, thus decreasing it's resolution?
post #1100 of 1110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff.lebowski View Post

Are the second set (looking to the right when facing the back of the unit) of RCA jacks for a composite connection, and would my Pivos playback HD content on a CRT television?
Yup composite will send videos in 480i
Components will send videos in 480i/480p (+ HD resolutions if supported by your CRT).
the analogue stereo audio are to be used in either cases.
post #1101 of 1110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguy65 View Post

Jeff, While I suspect the answer to your question about composite connections to the Pivos is yes, and you can take HD content and play it on a CRT, you do realize that you will be downsampling the content, thus decreasing it's resolution?

Unfortunately, I couldn't think of a better way to phrase my question. HD is the only resolution I have available, and I'm not going to re-encode everything for this situation. If the Pivos takes care of down-sampling for playback on a non-HD device (a CRT television), that's all that matters. smile.gif

Thank you.
post #1102 of 1110
Via text messaging, I was trying to help my friend (who has borrowed my Pivos) create a folder on the internal HDD in the Pivos. I couldn't find the exact steps in the manual, nor via a google search. Can someone help?
post #1103 of 1110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff.lebowski View Post

Via text messaging, I was trying to help my friend (who has borrowed my Pivos) create a folder on the internal HDD in the Pivos. I couldn't find the exact steps in the manual, nor via a google search. Can someone help?
plug in via usb to a computer make a folder on pc then drag it in wink.gif
post #1104 of 1110
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo5111 View Post

plug in via usb to a computer make a folder on pc then drag it in wink.gif

A computer wasn't an option.
post #1105 of 1110
You want to make/name a folder but you are not using a pc or a laptop to attempt to do so?
post #1106 of 1110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmiddleton4 View Post

You want to make/name a folder but you are not using a pc or a laptop to attempt to do so?

Correct. The manual states it's possible, but in a very vague manner.

post #1107 of 1110
Has anyone created a folder using the Pivos remote? No, not from a computer.
post #1108 of 1110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff.lebowski View Post

Has anyone created a folder using the Pivos remote? No, not from a computer.

Anyone?
post #1109 of 1110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff.lebowski View Post

Anyone?

You can't create an empty folder, you can only create one with a copy/move file (in the destination pass).
Press "Green" remote button. Select the file you want to move/copy the in the next menu (where you specify destination) you can create a new folder under the current path using the "Goto" button.
post #1110 of 1110
Quote:
Originally Posted by aasoror View Post

You can't create an empty folder, you can only create one with a copy/move file (in the destination pass).
Press "Green" remote button. Select the file you want to move/copy the in the next menu (where you specify destination) you can create a new folder under the current path using the "Goto" button.

Ah. So the manual is not that clear. I'll give that a try, thank you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › Pivos AIOS HD Media Center: The *Semiofficial* Thread