or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › News Forum › Great Found Deals › Denon AVR-2312CI From J&R $599.00 (If You Call)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon AVR-2312CI From J&R $599.00 (If You Call)

post #1 of 39
Thread Starter 
I just ordered one yesterday and am returning my AVR-1912 to BB..

Cheers,

Sawacs
post #2 of 39
Do just call the various websites, and ask, "What is your best price on XYZ?".

I am in the market for a receiver, and am considering the Denon 2112, 2311, 2312, Onkyo 609, 709, 360, and 370. I check various sites (accessories4less, vanns, jr, crutchfield, frys, etc) daily, and it will ultimately come down to whatever I find first at a great price. My current receiver isn't broken, so I'm in a good position to sit back and wait for a steal.

However, being able to call up these websites and get better prices is a new concept to me. Any insight you can provide would be great.
post #3 of 39
Thread Starter 
I would actually call it luck.

JR was the second call I made after Crutchfield and when they wouldn't budge on the price, I called JR.

I inquired about pricing on the 3312Ci and the 2312CI. JR said $920 for the 3312 and $699 for the 2312... Right about the time I was ready to conclude the conversation, the salesman said, oh wait, I can do the 2312 for $599.00. That was an instant no brainer and I placed the order.

Although BB took off 50 bucks from the 1912, it was still $541 out the door. For a few more bucks, I felt I was getting a great deal on a higher end receiver.

The 1912 is going back to BB

Sawacs
post #4 of 39
I just called and ordered at the same price - no tax or shipping to ct! I am xing my fingers it is all good as I do see some concerns with all receivers but hard to pass up at this price! Thank you!!
post #5 of 39
Electronics Expo sold me a 2112CI(also authorized dealer) for $450 shipped 2 weeks ago. Most of the online dealers if you call them you will get an outstanding price, key is to call all of them, then decide which will have the best/fastest service.
post #6 of 39
Great to know. Thanks for the input!
post #7 of 39
Really surprised to learn this! Does it apply to other audio and video gear or is it peculiar to receivers?
post #8 of 39
3212 and 2112 ci are those prices for brand new in a box or open box/refurbs?

I prefer new just picky like that
post #9 of 39
Were not used to negotiation here in the states. Phone call just make something like this more likely to happen. Usually we just see a printed price and decide whether we want to pay that or not rather than ask if lesser price would be accepted.
post #10 of 39
Yes, the prices are for new (not open box). When you call, tell the sales rep that you heard on AVS Forum that they will quote lower prices on the phone. I was offered the Denon 2312 from J & R but I moved too slow and they were out of stock when I called back a few days later. I got it from Electronic Expo for $629 since they had it in stock. If I had decided to get the Onkyo 809 instead (I was considering both), Abt had the lowest price, at $644.
post #11 of 39
Last August I got Onkyo's TX-SR875 on Ebay BNIB for $385 S/H included:
WOW-WOW
NOT sham wow>HAH!
post #12 of 39
Am new but what is "JR"? R there better times of years to make these calls? Like when the new models come out? When do new models come out on speakers and amps? Am building my system from scratch and have 1K to start. Also I live on Kauai where there are no stereo stores cept sears.
post #13 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaidoug View Post

Am new but what is "JR"? R there better times of years to make these calls? Like when the new models come out? When do new models come out on speakers and amps? Am building my system from scratch and have 1K to start. Also I live on Kauai where there are no stereo stores cept sears.

its actually J & R and here is the link to their website

http://www.jr.com/

I don't think there are specific times of the year to call.
post #14 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by av2p View Post

Were not used to negotiation here in the states. Phone call just make something like this more likely to happen. Usually we just see a printed price and decide whether we want to pay that or not rather than ask if lesser price would be accepted.

Says who? I usually call around and ask for the best price and then work them against each other. Got a Onkyo TX-NR1099 from Vann's shipped for $1099
post #15 of 39
Quote:


Were not used to negotiation here in the states. Phone call just make something like this more likely to happen. Usually we just see a printed price and decide whether we want to pay that or not rather than ask if lesser price would be accepted.

Maybe that's the way it works in Idaho but not for me.

I always negotiate for a better twice, even when the item is already on sale. All they can say is no so there is nothing to lose.

I purchased my dad's lcd for $499 before Christmas when it was marked down to $569. The salesman said there was very little room for negotiation and said MAYBE he could go $539. I suggested $499 and he went back and spoke with his manager. Two minutes later they were loading up the TV in my car.
post #16 of 39
Yeah, negotiate prices on electronics. No reason not to. Best buy will knock of money but you have to have the rep talk to a manager.
post #17 of 39
So, if anyone has any insight, when I see these sights with a Blahblah ht-xoxo for $699...I then find out if you call you will likely get a deal of $489 and free shipping...then I look and see they have an open box of same receiver for $509. Do they likely have similar wiggle room on that open box item to say go down to $399 or are they likely stuck at that advertised open box price? Just happen to be looking around and have a very limited budget. I know, I know. Bad hobby with a limited budget.
post #18 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by adgrimes View Post

Electronics Expo sold me a 2112CI(also authorized dealer) for $450 shipped 2 weeks ago. Most of the online dealers if you call them you will get an outstanding price, key is to call all of them, then decide which will have the best/fastest service.

Same exact thing for me, but I ordered in it December. And yes, new-in-box with warranty.
post #19 of 39
Thanks for the great info in this thread!

I just purchased a Denon AVR-2112CI from J&R yesterday for $439 shipped! I just called and asked for their lowest price as suggested. Getting it at this price enabled me to jump up from the 1912, and spend a little bit more on a sub!

Thanks again!
post #20 of 39
Why not buy a blu-ray player with dual HDMI outputs to accommodate older receivers?

DMP-BDT310 with twin HDMI outputs:
http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/DMP-BDT310
post #21 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzwade View Post

Thanks for the great info in this thread!

I just purchased a Denon AVR-2112CI from J&R yesterday for $439 shipped! I just called and asked for their lowest price as suggested. Getting it at this price enabled me to jump up from the 1912, and spend a little bit more on a sub!

Thanks again!

And apparently calling is better than shooting them an email. Took them 3 business days to reply and gave a far worse quote. Just an FYI.
(they are not the only ones, EE for example never replied)
post #22 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzwade View Post

Thanks for the great info in this thread!

I just purchased a Denon AVR-2112CI from J&R yesterday for $439 shipped! I just called and asked for their lowest price as suggested. Getting it at this price enabled me to jump up from the 1912, and spend a little bit more on a sub!

Thanks again!


Thanks for the tip!

I called yesterday and said "A friend of mine just called you guys last week and got this receiver for $439 shipped. Can you do the same deal for me?"
Guy asked what my friend's name was so he could look it up and I froze for a second before making up a name based on your username hahahaha.
Guy came back and said he could do $459 shipped. I told him i'll think about it.

Called back this morning, talked to some other guy and just straight up said I was cruising some webforums and a few different guys were talking about getting this receiver for $439 shipped, can I get the same deal.
He came back to me with $450, and I said, can you try to do the same deal? He went to talk to his manager I was assuming, came back and said lets write it up.

So $439, shipped to Washington State.

I'm a happy man!
Thanks!!
post #23 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babypimin View Post


Thanks for the tip!

I called yesterday and said "A friend of mine just called you guys last week and got this receiver for $439 shipped. Can you do the same deal for me?"
Guy asked what my friend's name was so he could look it up and I froze for a second before making up a name based on your username hahahaha.
Guy came back and said he could do $459 shipped. I told him i'll think about it.

Called back this morning, talked to some other guy and just straight up said I was cruising some webforums and a few different guys were talking about getting this receiver for $439 shipped, can I get the same deal.
He came back to me with $450, and I said, can you try to do the same deal? He went to talk to his manager I was assuming, came back and said lets write it up.

So $439, shipped to Washington State.

I'm a happy man!
Thanks!!

Interesting. Called them this morning and was quoted $499 shipped. Will call back Monday and see if they'll go $439.
post #24 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU fan View Post

Interesting. Called them this morning and was quoted $499 shipped. Will call back Monday and see if they'll go $439.

Yeah try again and see if you can talk to a different sales agent.
I'm sure you will end up getting someone who will be willing to do it after a couple calls.
GL!
post #25 of 39
Ended up getting lazy and ordering from Electronics Expo for $449 shipped. Didn't think it was worth spending the time to talk JR down $10. Figured I might as well reward EE for starting off lower.
post #26 of 39
Also just grabbed one from Electronics Expo, Jason on ext. 152, new in sealed box, authorized, full manufacturer warranty, $449 shipped.

I've purchased from J&R in the past, but the best he could do after "talking to the manager" was $469, even though I tried to negotiate with the fact that many here and at Slickdeals have gotten them for $449 or less. J&R does have a 30-day return policy, but I noticed their policy now indicates they may charge restock fees for non-defective items.

I've also purchased from OneCall in the past so I gave them a shot, too. Their best offer was $499 shipped. They noted they could ship same day and don't match Expo due to something about shipping. They refused to come any closer to $449. They also have a 30-day return policy with no mention of restock fees.

So, Expo it was. I've seen that Newegg and Expo had $399 deals in the past, but $449 seems decent enough and is the same price as accessories4less on a refurb unit with only 1 year warranty.
post #27 of 39
Just ordered it today. EE offering $449.99 for the Denon 2112CI. I just said exactly what the posted above. I didn't try to go down from there because I'm from Canada and that price is way better than any price I could get here.

Had to ship to the bordering town in USA and put it on a US relatives cc in order to get it, but it will be well worth the save in money.
post #28 of 39
thanks alot!
post #29 of 39
Just ordered the Denon 2112CI from EE after calling. Spoke to Rich - really friendly and great price for an Authorized dealer, brand new etc. Thanks so much for the heads up on this! Calling pays off.
post #30 of 39
I also got a 2112 from EE (Vince, ext 155) for $449 shipped. I asked about several other models and it looks like they are generally 35%-39% off MSRP (more discount as you go up the line).

Factor in free shipping and no tax and that adds up to a pretty nice deal.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Great Found Deals
AVS › AVS Forum › News Forum › Great Found Deals › Denon AVR-2312CI From J&R $599.00 (If You Call)