or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › HDNet to Become AXS TV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HDNet to Become AXS TV - Page 5

post #121 of 161
Anything Ryan Seacrest is involved in will be pandering to those with an IQ of 80 or below.
post #122 of 161
If they start to become more like E! covering celebrity events that's a big mistake.
It's not that clear from the press release what changes are coming besides the dropping of some HDNet shows.
post #123 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemannyr View Post

It's not that clear from the press release what changes are coming besides the dropping of some HDNet shows.

Honestly I'm 100% perfectly fine with some stuff such as Girls Gone Wild being dropped. No need for that trash to be on any real network. Keep it on Playboy or whatever other adult porno channels. Want to watch it? Then go subscribe to those channels.
post #124 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Magic View Post

They started making changes last week: they no longer show the unrated versions of Art Mann and the other shows during the late night hours

The late showing of bikini barbers nj last nite was still the unrated version.
post #125 of 161
What happened to the new reality series on HDNET on the Mustang Brothel and its working girls titled, "Labor of Love". Canceled or just scheduled to be shown periodically (ala Cathouse)?
post #126 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Magic View Post

They started making changes last week: they no longer show the unrated versions of Art Mann and the other shows during the late night hours and the GGW show was completely removed from the lineup. Seriously, what's the point of watching Art Mann censored?

Well there goes the coverage of the AVN conventions in Las Vegas!
post #127 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

I guess they are trying to be "respectable" now. I liked how diverse the channel used to be. Travel, news, music, late nite, etc. Unfortunately, it is becoming a PG-13 world, watering everything down for the biggest audience. frown.gif

Actually I was thinking this was going to occur as soon as HD went mainstream and became more of a family medium.
post #128 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Vidonic View Post

Anything Ryan Seacrest is involved in will be pandering to those with an IQ of 80 or below.




I'm not disagreeing with you but anyone lucky enough to be dating this girl must be doing something right.



Julianne_Hough_Shoulder_Length_Hairstyles_X_S_mv.jpg
post #129 of 161
Quote:
I'm not disagreeing with you but anyone lucky enough to be dating this girl must be doing something right.

 

Dating? She officially moved into his 49 million dollar mansion. :) Not to mention the yacht I'm sure he isn't dumb enough to buy...

 

article-0-0F5DB46700000578-487_634x425.jpg


Edited by Charles R - 7/6/12 at 7:25pm
post #130 of 161
I'm curious as to what you get for $49 million. I bet it has a heck of a wet bar...

Seriously, though, I don't think I could come up with $49 million worth of stuff to build into a mansion. If I tried hard, I'd probably top out at maybe $10 million, even with large does of marble, granite and fine electronics and appliances.
post #131 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

I'm curious as to what you get for $49 million.
Location, location, location.
post #132 of 161
is that Julianne Hough diving off that yacht?
post #133 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post

is that Julianne Hough diving off that yacht?

 

Yep - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2083639/Julianne-Hough-takes-plunge-dives-mega-yacht--makes-splash-jetski-Ryan-Seacrest.html

 

article-0-0F5DB10400000578-726_634x532.jpg

post #134 of 161
Ironically I tried to post this message about AXS TV censoring of shows and it got flagged for offensive language even though I did censor the words.

The rebroadcast of the latest Art Mann Presents from Memphis on at 3:30am has uncensored audio but nudity is blurred which is kinda goofy.
So the words s__t and f__k are ok but women flashing gets censored.
Old Deadline! Unrated episodes are still on the schedule overnights but it seems all new episodes are going to be "Deadline!" TV-14.

The Iron Maiden concert is being censored with vocals muted and has a TV14 rating.

It appears the days of unrated new episodes of any former HDNet shows shows are no more.
I'm guessing any movies aired on AXS TV are censored to.

I found the FB page for AXS TV http://www.facebook.com/AXSTV
and most of the responses from AXS TV to questions confirm that the days of un censored more adult themed programming are gone.
Get out! and Deadline! have been cancelled.

Update, I got a response back to an e-mail on the concert audio,
"Iron Maiden show was not censored by AXS TV. It was played just as Iron Maiden delivered it to us. Thx for watching our concerts."
Edited by icemannyr - 7/9/12 at 7:39pm
post #135 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemannyr View Post

Ironically I tried to post this message about AXS TV censoring of shows and it got flagged for offensive language even though I did censor the words.
The rebroadcast of the latest Art Mann Presents from Memphis on at 3:30am has uncensored audio but nudity is blurred which is kinda goofy.
So the words s__t and f__k are ok but women flashing gets censored.
Old Deadline! Unrated episodes are still on the schedule overnights but it seems all new episodes are going to be "Deadline!" TV-14.
The Iron Maiden concert is being censored with vocals muted and has a TV14 rating.
It appears the days of unrated new episodes of any former HDNet shows shows are no more.
I'm guessing any movies aired on AXS TV are censored to.
I found the FB page for AXS TV http://www.facebook.com/AXSTV
and most of the responses from AXS TV to questions confirm that the days of un censored more adult themed programming are gone.
Get out! and Deadline! have been cancelled.
Update, I got a response back to an e-mail on the concert audio,
"Iron Maiden show was not censored by AXS TV. It was played just as Iron Maiden delivered it to us. Thx for watching our concerts."

Intersting point. How come HDNET felt free to air nudity and "obscene" words, even during prime time, and every other cable channel censors words, and doesn't even go close to nudity? Even pay channels like HBO often censor words in non-movie programming. And the FCC does not regulate, so it is self censorship. I don't think the FCC would have a problem with a few obscene words on a late night showing of Southland on TNT.
post #136 of 161
The self-censoring is likely a move to get broader carriage on more systems. There are some cable systems that won't add content of that nature on the basic cable tier.
post #137 of 161
I have no problem with the channel wanting move away from the adult programming it's just the censoring nudity and not censoring cursing is goofy.
If Art Mann stays on AXS TV I guess when the next new episode airs overnight we will know if the censoring policy stays or changes.
On the live concert on Tuesday I did not notice any censoring of the audio which is a good thing.
post #138 of 161
The axs logo is garish and much too large. Booo
post #139 of 161
Checking out the axs Live show the video quality on the live remotes is ok. It looks like they are using internet streaming and it is not full HD quality.
The Demi Lovato interview had heavy digital compression and was very choppy when the camera would zoomed in and out or move around.
Someone on Facebook said they are using cellular broadband backpacks for the live remotes.
I guess the quality of the video depends on how fast the cellular broadband network is in the area they are doing the remote from.
Some of the remotes had less bandwidth and the video would pixelate. Some of them were close to HD quality.
Edited by icemannyr - 7/14/12 at 10:50pm
post #140 of 161
Looks like they are going to run the last four "Hustle" episodes starting the middle of next week.

jdg
post #141 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemannyr View Post

I have no problem with the channel wanting move away from the adult programming it's just the censoring nudity and not censoring cursing is goofy.
If Art Mann stays on AXS TV I guess when the next new episode airs overnight we will know if the censoring policy stays or changes.

I DVR'd the latest late night Art Mann shows, and they have censored nudity too. As you said, the intro features a guy yelling "Show me your t*ts!!!", followed by topless girls with stars superimposed over their nipples. The f-word is used throughout, as well as sexual inuendo. But bare flesh is off limits. rolleyes.gif

They might as well kept showing "Girls Gone Wild", with optical censoring of course. wink.gif
post #142 of 161
Man am I pissed. Bring back the old HDNet! Inside MMA ruined with the new format and they just screwed over Art Mann and Deadline. Say bye to your viewers of those shows!
post #143 of 161
Honestly, I haven't watched anything on HDNet since Rick Steve's Europe disappeared. I've got several Smart Travels episodes on my DVR, too.

I watch plenty on HDNet Movies, but nothing on HDNet. Early on, I watched a few of the Dan Rather Reports episodes that had interesting topics, but nothing since. The channel has become unnecessary for me.
post #144 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

Honestly, I haven't watched anything on HDNet since Rick Steve's Europe disappeared. I've got several Smart Travels episodes on my DVR, too.
I watch plenty on HDNet Movies, but nothing on HDNet. Early on, I watched a few of the Dan Rather Reports episodes that had interesting topics, but nothing since. The channel has become unnecessary for me.

Have you checked out "Alps from Above"? It is awesome!
post #145 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post

Have you checked out "Alps from Above"? It is awesome!
Wasn't that the tag line from Rocky VII - Rocky vs. Sven Swenson in a mild shoving contest?
post #146 of 161
axs.tv is airing a Snoop Dog concert at 9pm full of cursing and the n-word un censored but if a woman flashes on Art Mann's show they have to censor it.
Gotta love the new censoring policy.
post #147 of 161
I watched this station once and then said goodbye to it. I miss HDNet.
post #148 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemannyr View Post

axs.tv is airing a Snoop Dog concert at 9pm full of cursing and the n-word un censored but if a woman flashes on Art Mann's show they have to censor it.
Gotta love the new censoring policy.

Apparently, to them, not showing boobs makes all their shows TV-14, no matter what other adult content they contain. rolleyes.gif

I'll still watch 'Drinking made Easy', and 'Inside MMA', but that's about it.
post #149 of 161
I thought if you watched the late night airing of Art Mann you got the full meal deal. Did they change this?
post #150 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

I thought if you watched the late night airing of Art Mann you got the full meal deal. Did they change this?

Yes I believe this changed when they changed from HDNet to AXS TV. No more nudity.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › HDNet to Become AXS TV