or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Klipsh rw12d sub
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsh rw12d sub

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
hi just got a new klipsh rw12d subwoofer iam running it to a marantz 6005 reciever with a subcable.i would like to know if anyone has any settings for the sub as to which to use punch or depth or flat. also which volume to set on the sub. i had it at 0 and it sounded boomy thinking to go minus instaed of plus.also on the back what should be the hz setting on the sub
post #2 of 13
Try the "FLAT" eq and set the crossover all the way to the right wich turnes it off, thats what i use, or set it low to 60 or 55, somthing like that, its a good sub for the price, try that out and see if you like it.
post #3 of 13
I assume you have a 5.1/7.1 receiver. If so set it to flat with crossover to off and have your receiver does bass management.
post #4 of 13
are you sure you have the RW-12D? if you do it should be on the top of the sub.
post #5 of 13
I like the humor of the Klipsch engineers to make the digital level adjustment go to "+11".
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jleblan1 View Post

I like the humor of the Klipsch engineers to make the digital level adjustment go to "+11".

Why is it so funny?
post #7 of 13
Josh See......

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Up_to_eleven

Had to use mobile wikipedia because of the SOPA blackout.
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jleblan1 View Post

Josh See......

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Up_to_eleven

Had to use mobile wikipedia because of the SOPA blackout.

Ok i see now.
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jleblan1 View Post

I like the humor of the Klipsch engineers to make the digital level adjustment go to "+11".

makes me chuckle every time i mess with my sub.
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jleblan1 View Post

I like the humor of the Klipsch engineers to make the digital level adjustment go to "+11".



Funny

Anyway I came in here to post Newegg's Shell shock Sat sale http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc..._-Homepage2011

Don't know how great of a sale it is, but you never know.

DJoel
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

Funny

Anyway I came in here to post Newegg's Shell shock Sat sale http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc..._-Homepage2011

Don't know how great of a sale it is, but you never know.

DJoel

thanks for the heads up. i just bought it because of this actually
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bifftannen View Post

thanks for the heads up. i just bought it because of this actually


You got it pal..

DJoel
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny 21 View Post

hi just got a new klipsh rw12d subwoofer iam running it to a marantz 6005 reciever with a subcable.i would like to know if anyone has any settings for the sub as to which to use punch or depth or flat. also which volume to set on the sub. i had it at 0 and it sounded boomy thinking to go minus instaed of plus.also on the back what should be the hz setting on the sub

Also try to pull the sub away from a corner as much as possible, if that's the way you have it,( which is the first place people, (including me) put their subs, 98% times can be the worst). Run the Room correction setting if your AVR have any, it helps tame any unwanted anomalies!

Djoel
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Klipsh rw12d sub