or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Socal gtg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Socal gtg

post #1 of 248
Thread Starter 
Hi all, I've been following the gtg thread with great interest but I still feel its not the same as being there for the experience. So Im looking for interest in a SoCal gtg. I would be a fun and a chance to meet other members. If interest please let me know. Thanks.
post #2 of 248
Count me in! I can provide an Outlaw LfmEX

Now the question is who wants to host?
post #3 of 248
I'm in! I have a couple of Epik Conquests at the moment, but might have some kind of DIY soon.
post #4 of 248
I would be interested but am in limbo as far as DIY builds are concerned until I get my garage ready to start building again. My schedule is a moving target as well but I wouldn't mind a gtg if I can swing it.

I currently have a Triad Platinum 18" and one of those Lava LSP12's as far as commercial subs. I have a pair of Mal-X 18's and a Mal-X 21" but there all waiting for proper enclosures. I have a few 10's, 12's and a couple of 15's all waiting as well, just no time.
post #5 of 248
Thread Starter 
alright, i guess we will have
polk micropro 4000,-datranz
av15h+2pr+ipr3000 (if i get new drivers by then),-datranz
epik conquest or pair of lms-edoggrc51
outlaw ex,
and anything mike(mj) can bring (malx)
rythmik f15hp (hopefully)
SVS SB12-NSD (Sledge) and/or a Velodyne SPL1200-drewTT
Sealed dual-opposed 18's with Lab Gruppen clone (hopefully)-Scott Simonian
ed a7-350
mains will be zaph zrt or kef xq.
i'm busy most of jan, and then in florida in feb, so it looks like we need to settle a date in march til may
post #6 of 248
March works for me.
post #7 of 248
Do we have a location?

I can't do March, the best month for me right now is May.

I can bring an Rythmik F15HP.
post #8 of 248
Thread Starter 
its going to be at my house in fontana, ca 92337 by fwy 10 & 15 unless someone have the space.
i don't have a time frame but i have been very curious about rythmik servos.
post #9 of 248
May or later would be better for me as well.

We also need time for Eric to make up his DIY monsters, that's going to be fun.
post #10 of 248
Sounds fun.

I could bring down a SVS SB12-NSD (Sledge) and/or a Velodyne SPL1200. Can't bring the 12-Plus, there is no way it's fitting in my car...
post #11 of 248
Depending on the date, I might be interested. I don't really own any ID subs but I've got some DIY gear that's worth listening to.
post #12 of 248
I'm interested, and could possibly bring a pair of Rythmik E15s if needed.
post #13 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Depending on the date, I might be interested. I don't really own any ID subs but I've got some DIY gear that's worth listening to.

Now we're talking!!!
post #14 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaudio View Post

May or later would be better for me as well.

We also need time for Eric to make up his DIY monsters, that's going to be fun.

Im hoping those things will be done in 3 weeks brotha!
post #15 of 248
Thread Starter 
now we are getting some serious diy power. can we list what they are so i can add to the list.
post #16 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by datranz View Post

now we are getting some serious diy power. can we list what they are so i can add to the list.

If things pan out, subtract the Conquest's and add (at least) a pair of LMS's.
post #17 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by datranz View Post

its going to be at my house in fontana, ca 92337 by fwy 10 & 15 unless someone have the space.
i don't have a time frame but i have been very curious about rythmik servos.

Straight shot for me across the 10 fwy. Will keep tabs on this thread. Hope things pan out for a GTG.
post #18 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by datranz View Post

now we are getting some serious diy power. can we list what they are so i can add to the list.

Well...if I can make it to the meet and have these finished by that date.... add:

Sealed dual-opposed 18's with Lab Gruppen clone power. Can't guarantee that I would be able to bring this though. Would love to bring one of my current LLT's (check sig) but... I'd have to rent a U-Haul just for that.

The driver: http://www.soundsplinter.com/rlp18_s...formation.html


BTW, if it hasn't been mentioned already, what kind of room size are we going to be working with?
post #19 of 248
If the Aurasound NS18 is back in stock at the same closeout price then I might order up a pair or more for a dual opposed design to bring along.

The problem with DIY is there are not many proven and available drivers right now except for the LMS that Eric's getting.
post #20 of 248
^^^^

Werd.

I'm looking out for the re-release of the Aura NS18 too.
post #21 of 248
Thread Starter 
living room is 20*30*18 vaulted ceiling that is adjacent to the family and kitchen
20*40*9. will take some picture and floor plan when i get home.

looks like we will settle for a date in MAY as it will give everyone time.
post #22 of 248
Why didn't we think of a gtg earlier...didn't know there was this many socal folks
post #23 of 248
love it!

I'm going to enjoy reading about it!!!


Scott has some DIY stuff that might be worth a listen? no way.



Hey OP - you saw my pictures of broken tile grout right? Get your grout sponge out.
post #24 of 248
I forgot to say I can provide the Demo Disc V2.0 by scuba steve
post #25 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

I forgot to say I can provide the Demo Disc V2.0 by scuba steve


+1

Great disc. A "must have" in my book.
post #26 of 248
Count me in. Should be really fun.
post #27 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

Why didn't we think of a gtg earlier...didn't know there was this many socal folks

We actually have a thread on the area meetings part of the forum...
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?p=21522148

Gatherings once in a while, and sometimes a cool outing(members' HTs, sound studios, HomeTheaterMag to check out projectors, exhibits/conferences, speaker companies, etc...).
post #28 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by datranz View Post

living room is 20*30*18 vaulted ceiling that is adjacent to the family and kitchen
20*40*9. will take some picture and floor plan when i get home.

looks like we will settle for a date in MAY as it will give everyone time.

Datranz, have you settled on a firm date yet? I live in Fontana and have an ED, A5-350 to offer.
post #29 of 248
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb67 View Post

Datranz, have you settled on a firm date yet? I live in Fontana and have an ED, A5-350 to offer.

haven't settle on dates yet, but we will assume it will be sometime in may to give some members some time to finish their project. so we will settle a date sometime in april.
post #30 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by datranz View Post

haven't settle on dates yet, but we will assume it will be sometime in may to give some members some time to finish their project. so we will settle a date sometime in april.

April works for me.

The Conquest are sold, but my LMS's are done. I can bring those out instead.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Socal gtg