Originally Posted by jsulmeyer
Right now, if I keep the DLS, it will sound great, but it sticks out like a sore thumb. If I settle for any of the others, I'm concerned that I won't be satisfied with the sound in comparison to the DLS, which I could have kept for the same $$. Herein lies my dilemma :-)
An age-old dilemma at that. I'm afraid there's no getting around it though...
You can get small subwoofers with good sound, but they cost money to engineer so they don't come cheap. But even that has it's limits; just like certain other things in life, size really does matter.
To achieve satisfying output and extension you need either money or size (or both, if you really want to get crazy). I'm not sure if you've had the opportunity yet but you might want to check the budget subwoofers
thread. There are a number of options available, but I'm not sure if you would gain much by switching from what you have now.
At this point I guess the question to ask yourself is; which do you consider more important, physical size or sound? Once you decide your order of preference then finding a sub should be easier.