Brian, here's how I think you can get the emulator to work through wi-fi, I kinda winged it using the google translate and eventually got it to work.
1. Make sure both your computer and TV are on the same network.
2. Make sure Network Remote Control is set to on on TV.
3. Open the emulator and select 'Aktionen', then select 'Samsung TV auswahlen'. I'm pretty sure this goes through an automatic process to try to locate the TV.
4. A message should pop up on the TV asking if you want to allow a network remote, select allow.
5. On the computer a pop-up will come up showing the TV network IP address, select 'Abbruch / Ende' and you should be all set, the program may close, just reopen it to use the emulator.
You may come to a screen where you can manually input the IP address (IP adresse in German) of the TV into the emulator, you can find the IP address of the TV easily under network status on the TV.
Hopefully that works for you like it did for me!