or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Samsung D series FBr fix discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung D series FBr fix discussion - Page 17

post #481 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka81 View Post

tv - PS51D600DS - samsung.com/ua/consumer/tv-home-entertainment/tv/plasma-tv/PS51D6900DSXUA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=specification
I used a file 51DS_DeepBlack.bin (renamed it and placed it to -> g:\\PDP_LOGIC\\LOGIC.bin)
my SM - see attachment
sticked in USB 1 (HDD)
on step 15 - Fialed. all the time.


Make sure you type only "Logic" when naming it. Not "logic.bin". It will add the ".bin" itself. If you type it you'll really end up with "logic.bin.bin". I had that problem.
post #482 of 1615
in setting I opened viewing of extensions.
so, of course it's only logic.bin, not logic.bin.bin.

p.s. owners of D6900DS - please, give me working already renamed logic.bin for this tv. thanx.
post #483 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoeddy1 View Post

Per the original post:

This firmware will not affect the brightness limiter. Whites will continue to dim when overall picture level increases past a certain point so do not report this as FBr.

Also: (Hockey flashes are not FBr!)

Thanks,
Jason

I read this in the original post too, does anyone know how to fix the issue though please?

Ross
post #484 of 1615
Thread Starter 
There is no fix, it's part of the design of all plasma displays.
post #485 of 1615
Many thanks to Zoyd, Larry, and everyone else that has worked on this. I updated the timing board successfully on my PN64D550 using ITOLess last night.

With the brightness pops fixed, is it recommended to leave Cinema Smooth off now when viewing 24fps content?
post #486 of 1615
That's just a matter of personal preference, there is nothing wrong with CS mode but some people don't like the very slightly lighter blacks that result. CS still does what it was designed to do - eliminate motion artifacts when displaying film-based sources (of course, you still get 24fps judder).
post #487 of 1615
bought tv 1 week ago,noticed the fbr like everyone else,really bad with certain movies,especially wide screen with the black bars on top and bottom, can really see it in the bars,super annoying happened about 50 times at least during one movie , did break in for over 100 hrs,there was an update on tv for 1019.5 and now the pops are worse.its really bad when the movie is in wide screen,actually one movie seemed like i was getting reverse bright pops, scene would be bright for 5-10 seconds then get darker,lol called samsung theyre sending someone out soon to check it out,hope they can update the logic board,im tempted just to return to best buy but i returned an lg lcd which had bad light bleeding and got this instead so not sure about the 30 day return deal, but i did get black tie protection so hopefull if the tech sammy sends out dosen't fix it i can exchange it at least.

also having bad image retention, even if i watch sportscenter for only 10 min or so the logo and crawl bar will be there for 20 min or more,also the charter logo will stay that long even if i only look at menu guide for a few minutes,is this normal? i usually watch lots of sports ,sportscenter etc.. would suck if i cant watch most of the programs i enjoy
post #488 of 1615
My set is used almost exclusively for watching Blu-ray movies so the fluctuations were quite obvious because I'm looking at black bars most of the time. I had updated to 1015 so I had to use the logic board method. The instructions and the tool made it look scarier than it actually was. Follow the steps and it's dead easy. I did have to restart the emulator program once but other than that my only problem was that at first I was too slow hitting the Factory button after hitting Info.

I got a No Match on 64DS_ITO_DeepBlack.bin but 64ITOless_DeepBlack.bin worked.

The result is great. I've tested with a bunch of discs and have yet to spot the issue again. Thanks to everyone who helped!
post #489 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogrjmj View Post

bought tv 1 week ago,noticed the fbr like everyone else,really bad with certain movies,especially wide screen with the black bars on top and bottom, can really see it in the bars,super annoying happened about 50 times at least during one movie , did break in for over 100 hrs,there was an update on tv for 1019.5 and now the pops are worse.its really bad when the movie is in wide screen,actually one movie seemed like i was getting reverse bright pops, scene would be bright for 5-10 seconds then get darker,lol called samsung theyre sending someone out soon to check it out,hope they can update the logic board,im tempted just to return to best buy but i returned an lg lcd which had bad light bleeding and got this instead so not sure about the 30 day return deal, but i did get black tie protection so hopefull if the tech sammy sends out dosen't fix it i can exchange it at least.

also having bad image retention, even if i watch sportscenter for only 10 min or so the logo and crawl bar will be there for 20 min or more,also the charter logo will stay that long even if i only look at menu guide for a few minutes,is this normal? i usually watch lots of sports ,sportscenter etc.. would suck if i cant watch most of the programs i enjoy


Why don't you just update it per the instructions on the OP? Your problem should be solved then.

I'm not sure what to say about the IR you are experiencing. I've been pleasantly surprised with no IR problems thus far on my panel.
post #490 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogrjmj View Post

bought tv 1 week ago,noticed the fbr like everyone else,really bad with certain movies,especially wide screen with the black bars on top and bottom, can really see it in the bars,super annoying happened about 50 times at least during one movie , did break in for over 100 hrs,there was an update on tv for 1019.5 and now the pops are worse.its really bad when the movie is in wide screen,actually one movie seemed like i was getting reverse bright pops, scene would be bright for 5-10 seconds then get darker,lol called samsung theyre sending someone out soon to check it out,hope they can update the logic board,im tempted just to return to best buy but i returned an lg lcd which had bad light bleeding and got this instead so not sure about the 30 day return deal, but i did get black tie protection so hopefull if the tech sammy sends out dosen't fix it i can exchange it at least.

also having bad image retention, even if i watch sportscenter for only 10 min or so the logo and crawl bar will be there for 20 min or more,also the charter logo will stay that long even if i only look at menu guide for a few minutes,is this normal? i usually watch lots of sports ,sportscenter etc.. would suck if i cant watch most of the programs i enjoy

The IR on my 51" happens much quicker than on my 59" (never really notice IR except when using my set as a computer monitor) Both sets are 6500 model. I think I read somewhere that the larger screens are better with IR than the smaller ones but I am not certain. I will test my 51" out on sports channels and let you know how quickly the IR results as I have never really tested it.
post #491 of 1615
Something I discovered before giving up on updating the logic board in my PN64D7000.

It kept failing on the update, and I had tried everything I could think of, then finally on my 2nd to last idea, I tried reformatting my flash drive as NTFS, instead of FAT32, and voila! It worked. So if anyone has been unable to get the logic board update to succeed and you haven't tried it with your flash drive formatted as NTFS (which by default they rarely ever come that way), try it. It worked for me.

The pops have gone away too! It's so much better, I love it. Thanks to zoyd and the others with getting this fix out there.
post #492 of 1615
well its only 1 week old and i dont want to mess with anything while its under warranty plus i have the black tie protection from best buy,sammys got a guy coming on the 13th,told him the problems he seems to think he can fix it so id rather let him try first,told him about updating the logic board and about the ir issue,he said he should be able to fix it all so we will see,
post #493 of 1615
ogrjmj without updating to new firmware he cant fix it :P. the logic update wont hurt ur TV. just do it
post #494 of 1615
Thread Starter 
hey, no rush. It's completely understandable if someone doesn't want to muck around in the service menu. See what Black Tie service guy can do (I'm curious if they know about the logic board update).
post #495 of 1615
which new firmware? i did the update on the tv to and the samsung rep said that was the most recent,even the guy coming said he had 1018 for his firmware update not the 1019 that was onthe update i used already, is that the newest one for the 51d550? it says 2011-10-10,i don't have any usb sticks,and its not the black tie guy coming its a guy sammy is sending themsleves
post #496 of 1615
Zoyd,

I followed your instructions for the D8000, received the upgrading message and have the updated logic version.

When I test chapter 38 on Sith on BD, I still see faint changes in the bars that go up and down.

Not sure if I am explaining enough or properly. I am using your movie settings, slightly tweaked..

Suggestions or feedback on the above?
post #497 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiofiler View Post

Zoyd,

I followed your instructions for the D8000, received the upgrading message and have the updated logic version.

When I test chapter 38 on Sith on BD, I still see faint changes in the bars that go up and down.

Not sure if I am explaining enough or properly. I am using your movie settings, slightly tweaked..

Suggestions or feedback on the above?

Reduce your brightness below 49.
post #498 of 1615
For D490 works nothing
post #499 of 1615
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslimi View Post

For D490 works nothing

Did you see the "no match" message when you tried it?
post #500 of 1615
Yes, and logic SW version doesn't change (panel version: DH).
post #501 of 1615
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslimi View Post

Yes, and logic SW version doesn't change (panel version: DH).

So 400 level panels need different logic flash files than what we have. Can you request an upgraded firmware from Samsung that fixes pops?
post #502 of 1615
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiofiler View Post

Zoyd,

I followed your instructions for the D8000, received the upgrading message and have the updated logic version.

When I test chapter 38 on Sith on BD, I still see faint changes in the bars that go up and down.

Not sure if I am explaining enough or properly. I am using your movie settings, slightly tweaked..

Suggestions or feedback on the above?

yep, the mll still rises with on-screen content but it should be smooth and not jump "pop" anymore. What you describe sounds normal.
post #503 of 1615
Well, I thought the pops were gone since I did the update on my 64D7000, but they are definitely still there. In fact, they are happening it a much more frequent consistency, but the amount the brightness goes up is slightly less. It's still popping just as quickly. Ugh, this is annoying.
post #504 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlasHBurN View Post

Well, I thought the pops were gone since I did the update on my 64D7000, but they are definitely still there. In fact, they are happening it a much more frequent consistency, but the amount the brightness goes up is slightly less. It's still popping just as quickly. Ugh, this is annoying.

Did you try a lower brightness setting (below 49)?
post #505 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazingly Smooth View Post

Did you try a lower brightness setting (below 49)?

Yeah, my previous setting was 58, and I just turned it down to 48, and it's still doing it, although the jump isn't as drastic. It's still very noticeable and pops just as quickly prior to the update.
post #506 of 1615
I'm one of the ones who still had the pops after the update. Samsung is sending a tech person out on the 20th to swap boards. For those who had boards replaced, did that do the trick?
post #507 of 1615
Quote:


So 400 level panels need different logic flash files than what we have. Can you request an upgraded firmware from Samsung that fixes pops?

The service of Samsung (Russia) refuses to recognize officially brightness pops and to let out an insertion with correction.
post #508 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

I'm one of the ones who still had the pops after the update. Samsung is sending a tech person out on the 20th to swap boards. For those who had boards replaced, did that do the trick?

If the new logic board doesn't include the fix, then I'm not sure it will help. Several months go I had Samsung replace my entire panel in order to try and fix my problem. It didn't help. The only thing that worked is this firmware that everyone has been trying.
post #509 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piker84 View Post

If the new logic board doesn't include the fix, then I'm not sure it will help. Several months go I had Samsung replace my entire panel in order to try and fix my problem. It didn't help. The only thing that worked is this firmware that everyone has been trying.

what is the newest firmware for the d550? is it 1910 or 1024 ? thanks
post #510 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

I'm one of the ones who still had the pops after the update. Samsung is sending a tech person out on the 20th to swap boards. For those who had boards replaced, did that do the trick?

I don't think anyone has yet had the problem resolved with a service call. It will be interesting to see which board they actually plan to swap. If your original logic board updated sucessfully (did you check?), I doubt another upgraded logic board would be any different. If it failed to update, they may want to swap your main board (I'd refuse that one) and try to reinstall the fix. Of course, there are other boards that could be replaced, but no known culprit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Samsung D series FBr fix discussion