or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Indiana Jones Trilogy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Indiana Jones Trilogy - Page 6

post #151 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post


It would be totally a$$holiness to force anyone who already has #4 to re-buy, but I don't expect anything less from the studio.

True, I don't want another copy of 4.
post #152 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

True, I don't want another copy of 4.

Agreed.
post #153 of 1202
Hey, if all you trilogy-seekers are stuck with 4, at least it's only one movie. All I want is 1 and if history is any indicator, it may never be released on its own.
post #154 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator View Post

Hey, if all you trilogy-seekers are stuck with 4, at least it's only one movie. All I want is 1 and if history is any indicator, it may never be released on its own.

I'm in the same boat as you... but... what history are you talking about? Is there a format in which you can't get standalone Raiders? Are you referring to some recent studio machinations I don't know about?
post #155 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator View Post

Hey, if all you trilogy-seekers are stuck with 4, at least it's only one movie. All I want is 1 and if history is any indicator, it may never be released on its own.

Better than four duffers like with star wars
post #156 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 View Post

Better than four duffers like with star wars

So there's not enough Star Wars bashing in the Star Wars threads that you have to bring into a Indy thread?

These Blu-rays will be a wait and see for me. I have the DVD's (rented Crystal Scull) and enjoy them, but I'm not sure Indy on Blu-ray is a must buy for me yet. I'll probably cave when they get released though.

John
post #157 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4yDubs View Post

So there's not enough Star Wars bashing in the Star Wars threads that you have to bring into a Indy thread?

These Blu-rays will be a wait and see for me. I have the DVD's (rented Crystal Scull) and enjoy them, but I'm not sure Indy on Blu-ray is a must buy for me yet. I'll probably cave when they get released though.

John

Look who made the Star Wars thread..

Attachment 238124
LL
post #158 of 1202
I'm curious, especially with Spielberg's recent comments about revisionism and also the fact that they did a fresh new scan of the negatives, whether this will be the 100% original versions of the films, snake pit reflection and all.

Actually, has anyone checked the more recent hdtv broadcasts (from said fresh scans) and checked to see if the snake pit reflection is there?
post #159 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 View Post

Look who made the Star Wars thread..

Attachment 238124

What does that have to do with the Indy Thread?

John
post #160 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4yDubs View Post

What does that have to do with the Indy Thread?

John

Joke the get sarcasm was it as is thread into turning wars star fest hate
post #161 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 View Post


Joke the get sarcasm was it as is thread into turning wars star fest hate

Did you just have a stroke?
post #162 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Did you just have a stroke?

Nope, just foreign.
post #163 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_danger View Post

Nope, just foreign.

We invented the language!
post #164 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 View Post

Joke the get sarcasm was it as is thread into turning wars star fest hate

Ohh, a word scramble. I love those. I'm guessing it was supposed to be an easy "read it backwards" one, but it still doesn't work.

In any case, sarcasm or not, no need to incite the Star Wars haters... There's plenty of Indy ones to go around.

John
post #165 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4yDubs View Post

In any case, sarcasm or not, no need to incite the Star Wars haters...

Talk about inciting. Only in Bizarro world would you label as "haters" people who love a movie dearly and merely wish it were available in HD like any other fans of any other movie. "No need to incite" my ass.
post #166 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4yDubs View Post

Ohh, a word scramble. I love those. I'm guessing it was supposed to be an easy "read it backwards" one, but it still doesn't work.

In any case, sarcasm or not, no need to incite the Star Wars haters... There's plenty of Indy ones to go around.

John

More that you could not get it when I spelt out it as I thought maybe me saying it was sarcasm with pictures was way too easy to comprehend, so I made it a little taxing to think you won something
post #167 of 1202
The official announcement is on Bluray.com. All 4 movies.

I already have Skull so now I either have to offload it or wait for the eventual individual releases, if any.
post #168 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstewart View Post

The official announcement is on Bluray.com. All 4 movies.

More specifically:
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=8283

Quote:


Later this year, Paramount Home Media Distribution will bring The Complete Indiana Jones Collection to Blu-ray. Director Steven Spielberg's beloved adventure series stars Harrison Ford (Blade Runner) as the title character, an archaeologist and college professor whose perpetual search for rare and mysterious treasures puts him in great danger.

From Paramount's official press release:

"The man with the hat is back – and looking better than ever! The world's favorite globe-trotting archaeologist is, at long last, embarking on his greatest adventure – when The Complete Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection comes to Blu-ray Disc from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Paramount Home Media Distribution. The [set] will...include all four of Indy's thrilling adventures, [including]":

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
The collection will mark the Blu-ray debut of the first three pictures; only Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is now available on the format.

Paramount has yet to provide a complete list of technical and supplementary details, though the studio noted in the Indiana Jones press release that the package would "us[e] the highest possible high definition picture and audio presentation – along with a 'best of' collection of documentaries, interviews, featurettes, and a few new surprises."

While Paramount has not set a formal release date, The Complete Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection "will be excavated in the fall of 2012."

The supposed "HD trailers" on their website are not HD. Clearly 480 upscaled and not from the Blu-ray discs. At least I hope to God they aren't.
post #169 of 1202
I really only want Raiders and Crusade, so I guess I'll be waiting as well.
post #170 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_danger View Post

More specifically:
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=8283



The supposed "HD trailers" on their website are not HD. Clearly 480 upscaled and not from the Blu-ray discs. At least I hope to God they aren't.

The remastered versions on HDTV broadcast looked outstanding. Maybe someone can post the link to the screenshots. They have NO excuse to screw these up!
post #171 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post


The remastered versions on HDTV broadcast looked outstanding. Maybe someone can post the link to the screenshots. They have NO excuse to screw these up!

They won't, the transfers exist and are breathtaking
post #172 of 1202
Unfortunately KOTCS is included...
post #173 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post

Unfortunately KOTCS is included...

Don't watch it?
post #174 of 1202
I want to know what the bells and whistles are for this set at this point. I'm not expecting Paramount to go all Alien Quadrilogy gonzo with this, but it would damn sure be nice...
post #175 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 View Post

They won't, the transfers exist and are breathtaking

Not to be rude, but how do you know? Have you seen them?
post #176 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul nyc View Post

Not to be rude, but how do you know? Have you seen them?

It's assumed they're essentially the transfers broadcast on the Japanese HDTV channel WOWOW a couple years ago. See here. They'll just be AVC and higher bitrate. Raiders on Blu *might* be an even newer transfer than what you see at the link.
post #177 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul nyc View Post

Not to be rude, but how do you know? Have you seen them?

Yep

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=2106

Watched them last week, and many times before that
post #178 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang Zei View Post

I'm curious, especially with Spielberg's recent comments about revisionism and also the fact that they did a fresh new scan of the negatives, whether this will be the 100% original versions of the films, snake pit reflection and all.

Actually, has anyone checked the more recent hdtv broadcasts (from said fresh scans) and checked to see if the snake pit reflection is there?

It was mentioned in this thread or I read it elsewhere that there were little things fixed, with the snake reflection being one small fix.
post #179 of 1202
One of the very best remasters out there
post #180 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 View Post

Yep

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=2106

Watched them last week, and many times before that

So the broadcast transfers are the new transfers? Sorry, just a tad confused. Did Paramount do a new scan?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Indiana Jones Trilogy