or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic TC-P60ST30

post #1 of 56
Thread Starter 
Costco has the Panasonic TC-P60ST30 for $1199.99 right now in some warehouses.
post #2 of 56
I just called my closest Costco (Indianapolis) and they have 6 for $1200 if anyone else is interested. I'm going to go check it out tomorrow. Now I have to decide if I want to jump on the ST30 or wait for the ST50...and whether or not to sell my Kuro 5080 HD to help fund the purchase.

Thanks for the heads up sloandsteady!
post #3 of 56
I just had Amazon price match this for me. They did add on the shipping cost, but it still saved me 300$

Thanks for the deal
post #4 of 56
Thread Starter 
The warehouse closet to me has them with June 2011 build dates. Should I be concerned?
post #5 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloandsteady View Post

The warehouse closet to me has them with June 2011 build dates. Should I be concerned?

Not unless transportation is a big hassle: a 60" ST30 comes in a BIG box!

Jun seems a bit old for this time of year, but we had a July Build that came with the FBr fix already applied. (And even if it is not, it seems a relatively painless procedure now.)

Alas, that set also came with Green Blobs - and developed an ever-increasing Pink Tint as the panel aged.

We exchanged it for a second unit - this one an October Build - but while it has Slightly Less of the Green problem, it has considerably MORE Pink Tint, and right out of the box!

Son's 50" S30 also came with Green Blob, so as much as I LIKE the price / value in these sets, would NOT be willing to buy one without a good return policy (CostCo gives you 90 days), AND a handy means to take the set back should it prove faulty...
post #6 of 56
Unfortunately the price tags arent low enough to deal with the issues with these sets.

The pink tint green blob issue seems very widespread , no fix , and doesnt seem to go away.
Very very nice set but way too risky unless you have a pickup truck and a very lenient return policy.
post #7 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloandsteady View Post

The warehouse closet to me has them with June 2011 build dates. Should I be concerned?

Can I ask how you tell the build date? Is it on the outside of the box?
post #8 of 56
Thread Starter 
There is a sticker on the back of the display with the build date. I went ahead and purchased it today and have the D-Nice slideshow running right now. Mine came off the same pallet as the demo, so it too has a June build. So far so good, but I'll post back with some updates once the slideshow is done and I've made my inspection for any major issues.
post #9 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloandsteady View Post

There is a sticker on the back of the display with the build date. I went ahead and purchased it today and have the D-Nice slideshow running right now. Mine came off the same pallet as the demo, so it too has a June build. So far so good, but I'll post back with some updates post slideshow.

Ok, thanks. Please post some updates on your unit. I'm going to my local Costco tomorrow to check it out.
post #10 of 56
jumped on this today. amazon priced match the costco price of 1199.99

to good to pass up.
post #11 of 56
The units at the Indianapolis Costco have a build date of November. I hate to say it, but it looked really washed out and dull sitting next to the LG LCD. This obviously has to do with picture settings and the large amount of light pouring in from outside (it was facing the door), but I can see why a lot of people go after an lcd when they see them side by side in a store. I also stopped by the local Fry's where the same ST30 looked MUCH better (I didn't check the settings, but the showroom was much darker than at Costco) and much more pleasing to the eyes than the led lcd they were trying to push on me. Fry's was asking $1,499.

The gentleman at Costco said an extra 3 years of (in-home) warranty would only cost $100, so that's a total of 5 years for only $100...pretty good.
post #12 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Smith View Post

The units at the Indianapolis Costco have a build date of November. I hate to say it, but it looked really washed out and dull sitting next to the LG LCD. This obviously has to do with picture settings and the large amount of light pouring in from outside (it was facing the door), but I can see why a lot of people go after an lcd when they see them side by side in a store. I also stopped by the local Fry's where the same ST30 looked MUCH better (I didn't check the settings, but the showroom was much darker than at Costco) and much more pleasing to the eyes than the led lcd they were trying to push on me. Fry's was asking $1,499.

The gentleman at Costco said an extra 3 years of (in-home) warranty would only cost $100, so that's a total of 5 years for only $100...pretty good.

Yeah, I definitely understand your reaction because many others have the same one including myself. I was a little worried that the lighting situation in the area where this TV would go would render the same conclusion, but after bringing it home and briefly watching some content with the window blinds closed, all my worrying was for naught. So far I have no regrets.
post #13 of 56
I'm glad to hear you're happy with it. I'm torn on whether to grab the 60" right now or save up some more for the 65" next year since I sit about 14' from the tv.
post #14 of 56
Talked to amazon for price change, and they said "white glove" delivery is factored into there pricing which is ~$82. He quoted me $1199 plus the white glove delivery even with a amazon prime account. Checking to see if this is correct with other people purchasing it.
post #15 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Smith View Post

The gentleman at Costco said an extra 3 years of (in-home) warranty would only cost $100, so that's a total of 5 years for only $100...pretty good.

this is primarily why I just joined costco (also the indy store) on saturday. the warranty alone pays for the membership. the sams warranty is 180 for 3 years.
post #16 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by DepsiDynamic View Post

Talked to amazon for price change, and they said "white glove" delivery is factored into there pricing which is ~$82.

White glove isn't mandatory.
post #17 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by DepsiDynamic View Post

Talked to amazon for price change, and they said "white glove" delivery is factored into there pricing which is ~$82. He quoted me $1199 plus the white glove delivery even with a amazon prime account. Checking to see if this is correct with other people purchasing it.

Just got the same deal. I've been lurking for a month or so and didn't figure I'd get the chance to get one at this price. Amazon total was $1282 and it will be delivered on Thursday!!
post #18 of 56
Costco in Issaquah, Washington has about 5 of them left after I snatched one. I planned on getting the 65" model, but this deal is too good to be passed up.

The build date is December 2011, so no FBr.
post #19 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by upa123 View Post

Costco in Issaquah, Washington has about 5 of them left after I snatched one. I planned on getting the 65" model, but this deal is too good to be passed up.

The build date is December 2011, so no FBr.

Costco in Lancaster, PA has 6 of them. I picked on up. November 2011 build date. This is after getting the 60PS34 back in December 2011. For $100 more, now we have the 3D option. The 60PS34 we took back after the colors on the entire screen went wacky. Switching inputs would then turn the TV off and then the remote power wouldn't work anymore (You had to unplug the TV at the wall to get it to come on again). We going to give this P60ST30 a try now.
post #20 of 56
How does the Amazon warranty compare to the Costco? Costco extends the Panasonic one an extra year. For another 3 years, making it 5, is only $100 more. If I do order from amazon, no sales tax. If I get it from Costco I have to pay tax, unless I pick it up at the Costco in Delaware. How easy is it to get it home myself? I have a pick up truck available to me.
post #21 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAD08BULLITT View Post

How does the Amazon warranty compare to the Costco? Costco extends the Panasonic one an extra year. For another 3 years, making it 5, is only $100 more. If I do order from amazon, no sales tax. If I get it from Costco I have to pay tax, unless I pick it up at the Costco in Delaware. How easy is it to get it home myself? I have a pick up truck available to me.

If you go to the one in Delaware, could you post how many they have left? If I get a chance to stop by there later today, I will post it.

I may have to renew my old membership just to get this TV.
post #22 of 56
I Actually went to sears. They price matched it, plus another $50 off. 10% of the difference. So, I got it for $1150. What a deal!
post #23 of 56
I went to the Delaware Costco and picked up the ST30. There are 3 left.
post #24 of 56
One advantage to buying from CostCo is the 90 day return policy: just in case you decide you cannot live with the Green/Pink(Magenta) tint - which your set will have.

At least there is a BIT of hope: Panasonic UK has announced a 'fix' although it is not clear for which sets, OR whether it will every reach the USA.

BTW, the $100 3-Year Additional Warranty at CostCo CAN be purchased for sets bought elsewhere - just bring your Sales Receipt in, within 60 days of purchase.
post #25 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaison View Post

I went to the Delaware Costco and picked up the ST30. There are 3 left.

Can I ask what city in Delaware your Costco is located?
post #26 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupterr View Post

Can I ask what city in Delaware your Costco is located?

There is only one in Delaware. It's address is Newark, but it is more Christiana/Wilmington area IMO. It is just off of I-95 and in the same complex as the Christiana mall.
post #27 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaison View Post

There is only one in Delaware. It's address is Newark, but it is more Christiana/Wilmington area IMO. It is just off of I-95 and in the same complex as the Christiana mall.

Thanks..yeah I checked the store locations last night and saw there was only one in Delaware. I live in Northeastern Pa, about 45 minutes north of Philadelphia. I'm not to far from the Wilmington area. I might drive to Delaware this weekend.

Do you know the build dates of the units? I just wish the Costco that is a 2 minute drive from my home had them.
post #28 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupterr View Post

Thanks..yeah I checked the store locations last night and saw there was only one in Delaware. I live in Northeastern Pa, about 45 minutes north of Philadelphia. I'm not to far from the Wilmington area. I might drive to Delaware this weekend.

Do you know the build dates of the units? I just wish the Costco that is a 2 minute drive from my home had them.

I did not see the build date as I haven't taken it out of the box yet (I actually had a buddy pick up the TV for me since my Costco membership expired). However, I had him look at the serial number and it is MH1307xxxx. I believe anything 1205 and over has the patch.
post #29 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaison View Post

I did not see the build date as I haven't taken it out of the box yet (I actually had a buddy pick up the TV for me since my Costco membership expired). However, I had him look at the serial number and it is MH1307xxxx. I believe anything 1205 and over has the patch.

xx1215xxxx or later is ok.
post #30 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaggette View Post

Just got the same deal. I've been lurking for a month or so and didn't figure I'd get the chance to get one at this price. Amazon total was $1282 and it will be delivered on Thursday!!

Unit delivered by Pilot on Friday - good guys. Box perfect, October build date all good....Until the take it out of the box, mount stand, and power on. Awful buzzing noise and several cracks in internal panel. Sent back with Pilot and picked one up at Costco. 2 Days into D-Nice process, no noticeable green blobs on gray slides. Fingers crossed, but all looks good.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home