Setup W7 Caller ID to work with Asterisk and SIP VOIP. No modem required.
If you have Asterisk compatible VOIP phone service here are the instructions on how to set it up to work with W7 Caller ID without the analog modem.
• Download and Install AsteriskWin32 from the following locationhttp://www.asteriskwin32.com/dwn.php?script=0.66
• Download configuration templateshttp://w7callerid.com/asterisk.zip
• Copy ‘extensions.conf’ and ‘sip.conf’ files to the following folder:
• Add a new Network Listener:
• Update IP address and Port of ‘extensions.conf’ with values from previous step and “sipuser” with your VOIP user name.
• Update “sipuser”, “password”, “10123456789”, “vbuzzer.com:80” of ‘sip.config’ with values provided from your VOIP provider. You phone number goes where “10123456789” is and “vbuzzer.com:80” is your provider IP address and port.
• Run C:\cygroot\bin\asterisk.exe. Later you can setup it to run as a windows service(run from the command line as administrator “C:\cygroot\bin\asterisk.exe –I”)
In the next release a drop call and block unwanted calls functionality will be added for full Asterisk support.