or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › *Official* PowerDVD 12 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*Official* PowerDVD 12 Thread - Page 8

post #211 of 265
With the latest PowerDVD 12 patches, Avengers 3D as well as John Carter 3D DO NOT PLAY! My eval of TMT 5 has expired, but it could play John Carter 3D just fine... Symptoms for Avengers 3D are same as John Carter ...

Anyone else here seen this problem, too?
post #212 of 265
The latest version of Power DVD 12 Ultra for download/update contains an update for Windows 8 and claims to make the 3D window size 1920*1080. One has to download an installer first (CyberLink_PowerDVD_Downloader.exe) which verifies your system. Only then do you get the real download from hell --> PowerDVD12.Patch.DVD120702-07.exe

What they didn’t announce is the draconian Cinavia copy protection is also included. Right away I started having identical issues on two separate systems. Just moving the mouse would cause Power Dvd to crash.
This was with Oblivion Island and other Blu-ray’s. Further I was forced to run AnyDvd as Power DVD refused to play falsely claiming I was using analog outputs.
The situation is totally out of control. I was able to reinstall the 1904 build. I guess I’m stating with this version forever and will not be “upgrading” to Windows 8.

Frankly what is wrong with Windows 7 and especially Windows Media Center? Nothing!
Power DVD 12 has tried to take over my home network and build libraries and report playback to Hollywood and advertisers. For those foolish enough to allow the fox in, now the Cinavia digital rights management kicks in. Consumers need Hollywood’s permission for playback, which is their real ulterior goal.
To remain in charge of my own computer, I disable Cyberlink services in msconfig.exe, Windows firewall and Local Services. I also disabled Flexnet DRM from Macrovision Europe.
This mindset extends to the latest technology as your ISP, smart phone, credit card company or social sites control and track your every keyboard input or mouse click without permission. Your fixed IP address is your Social Security Number on the Internet. Understand it too should be hidden and protected.

The point here is I want keep my privacy and not need Internet permission to playback a movie or song I’ve purchased. Things are so bad I’ve been forced go the encrypted VPN route (I luv it!) for $80 year. Now no one can profit from tracking or dictate to me. Technology should be used to improve the quality of consumer’s lifestyle and not take away basic human rights.
So CyberLink, my upgrades are over as the relationship has too many insurmountable obstacles. Give my rights back mad.gif
Edited by HiFiFun - 10/25/12 at 5:33am
post #213 of 265

I dont think PowerDVD, Hollywood, or your ISP is secretly out to get you. :) 

 

PowerDVD 12 doesn't report playback to Hollywood and advertisers when Moovielive is disabled.  The services that stay in memory are related to remote control functionality and DLNA support.  I've never heard of an ISP that tracks every keyboard input or mouse click.  The only way they could do that is installing a keylogger on your machine/device; which I've never heard of such thing.  Both ISP's and commercial VPN providers track your internet activity in case it's needed in a government subpoena.  The only thing you gain by using a VPN is allowing your VPN service track your activity instead of your ISP. :)

 

Having said that, I also plan on sticking with Win7; at least, until I find something that Win8 does that I need; which WIn7 can't do.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiFun View Post

The latest version of Power DVD 12 Ultra for download/update contains an update for Windows 8 and claims to make the 3D window size 1920*1080. One has to download an installer first (CyberLink_PowerDVD_Downloader.exe) which verifies your system. Only then do you get the real download from hell --> PowerDVD12.Patch.DVD120702-07.exe
What they didn’t announce is the draconian Cinavia copy protection is also included. Right away I started having identical issues on two separate systems. Just moving the mouse would cause Power Dvd to crash.
This was with Oblivion Island and other Blu-ray’s. Further I was forced to run AnyDvd as Power DVD refused to play falsely claiming I was using analog outputs.
The situation is totally out of control. I was able to reinstall the 1904 build. I guess I’m stating with this version forever and will not be “upgrading” to Windows 8.
Frankly what is wrong with Windows 7 and especially Windows Media Center? Nothing!
Power DVD 12 has tried to take over my home network and build libraries and report playback to Hollywood and advertisers. For those foolish enough to allow the fox in, now the Cinavia digital rights management kicks in. Consumers need Hollywood’s permission for playback, which is their real ulterior goal.
To remain in charge of my own computer, I disable Cyberlink services in msconfig.exe, Windows firewall and Local Services. I also disabled Flexnet DRM from Macrovision Europe.
This mindset extends to the latest technology as your ISP, smart phone, credit card company or social sites control and track your every keyboard input or mouse click without permission. Your fixed IP address is your Social Security Number on the Internet. Understand it too should be hidden and protected.
The point here is I want keep my privacy and not need Internet permission to playback a movie or song I’ve purchased. Things are so bad I’ve been forced go the encrypted VPN route (I luv it!) for $80 year. Now no one can profit from tracking or dictate to me. Technology should be used to improve the quality of consumer’s lifestyle and not take away basic human rights.
So CyberLink, my upgrades are over as the relationship has too many insurmountable obstacles. Give my rights back mad.gif
post #214 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiFun View Post

Technology should be used to improve the quality of consumer’s lifestyle and not take away basic human rights.
So CyberLink, my upgrades are over as the relationship has too many insurmountable obstacles. Give my rights back mad.gif



Running an application on your computer isn't a "basic human right".
post #215 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post

Running an application on your computer isn't a "basic human right".
Inconceivable!!
post #216 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKANET View Post

I dont think PowerDVD, Hollywood, or your ISP is secretly out to get you. smile.gif 

PowerDVD 12 doesn't report playback to Hollywood and advertisers when Moovielive is disabled.  The services that stay in memory are related to remote control functionality and DLNA support.  I've never heard of an ISP that tracks every keyboard input or mouse click.  The only way they could do that is installing a keylogger on your machine/device; which I've never heard of such thing.  Both ISP's and commercial VPN providers track your internet activity in case it's needed in a government subpoena.  The only thing you gain by using a VPN is allowing your VPN service track your activity instead of your ISP. smile.gif

Having said that, I also plan on sticking with Win7; at least, until I find something that Win8 does that I need; which WIn7 can't do.
First Power Dvd always seems to think the Blu-ray certificate is invalid. If the box is unchecked it always asks to check the Internet. This is conditioning consumers to think they need permission to play a discs they purchased. This operation is almost unheard of with a stand-alone player.

Here MasterCard is combing in-person purchases with online purchases. Their "proprietary technology is consumers fixed IP address. Virtually every web site records your unique ip-address. This semi-permanent number can be thought of as your Internet SSN.

Verizon draws fire for monitoring app usage, browsing habits.
and Verizon marketing boss Bill Diggins' words on the subject earlier this year are less than reassuring, however: "We're able to view just everything that they do. And that's really where data is going today. Data is the new oil."

Apple Has Quietly Started Tracking iPhone Users Again
How Long Does Your ISP Store IP-Address Logs?
Here is the favorite deep packet tool used by everyone, but seldom discussed.
Here is the loggers corporations and governments have installed to stress employees.
Here is the real-life Person Of Interest (my favorite show) one billion facial recognition camera system being integrated across America

Now take all these real-time databases and data mine to develop smart queries.

PowerDvd wants to require permission to play, the other system here want permission to buy and sell.
In conclusion you guys are obviously correct, this has nothing to do with privacy or freedom.
I guess this is what occurs when you watch 23 episodes of Person Of Interest. My bad! smile.gif
Edited by HiFiFun - 10/25/12 at 2:58pm
post #217 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiFun View Post

In conclusion you guys are obviously correct, this has nothing to do with privacy or freedom.
I guess this is what occurs when you watch 23 episodes of Person Of Interest. My bad! smile.gif

People need privacy and freedom to live.

People do not need PowerDVD to live. Billions of humans live without running PowerDVD.

There are also other options to run Blu-rays either standalone or on a computer.
post #218 of 265
Sooo the newest version of this is NOT a good idea to use to rip and view BR and BR-3D movies to a HTPC because of this new verification scheme? I was just about to buy it.
post #219 of 265
Does PowerDVD12 allow you to rip blurays 1-1 or does it just allow you to play bluray disc, rips, and iso's? I usually use MakeMKV to make .mkv files, but I'm not sure if that is a true 1-1 rip? I guess people use DVDFab or AnyDVD to rip the full disc, but what is the file format or does it not matter? I was thinking it was always mkv, but I could be wrong. I'm sure once you rip the full bluray, you can use a cloning program and create an iso, then use virtual clone to mount it and play with PowerDVD12 (like 3D blu ray iso's)

If anyone could answer, that would be great. I believe Fry's online still have PowerDVD12 for $20 AR thru today only, so if it does rip blurays 1-1 that would be nice. Unless there is another free program to do that. I'll probably still buy PowerDVD12 online since I still need something to play back physical disc in my htpc. Or if I use XBMC and select PowerDVD12 as an external device to play the 3D rips.

Thanks in advance!!!
post #220 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkoman View Post

Does PowerDVD12 allow you to rip blurays 1-1 or does it just allow you to play bluray disc, rips, and iso's? I usually use MakeMKV to make .mkv files, but I'm not sure if that is a true 1-1 rip? I guess people use DVDFab or AnyDVD to rip the full disc, but what is the file format or does it not matter? I was thinking it was always mkv, but I could be wrong. I'm sure once you rip the full bluray, you can use a cloning program and create an iso, then use virtual clone to mount it and play with PowerDVD12 (like 3D blu ray iso's)

If anyone could answer, that would be great. I believe Fry's online still have PowerDVD12 for $20 AR thru today only, so if it does rip blurays 1-1 that would be nice. Unless there is another free program to do that. I'll probably still buy PowerDVD12 online since I still need something to play back physical disc in my htpc. Or if I use XBMC and select PowerDVD12 as an external device to play the 3D rips.

Thanks in advance!!!

PowerDVD12 doesn't allow you to rip anything. For ripping you need something like AnyDVD which lets you rip to ISO or folder. If you want to transcode the rip to mkv then you need something like makemkv.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
post #221 of 265
PowerDVD does not rip Blu-rays, it just plays them back.
AnyDVD HD or similar is usually used to create an ISO files, which is an 1-1 rip of the complete Blu-ray (Extras and Menus included) the ISO is then mounted and played back with PowerDVD.
MakeMKV rips the main movie to a MKV file, this is not a 1-1 of the complete disc but it is a contains 1-1 copy of the Video/Audio/Subtitles, the only thing not included is Menus/Extras.
MKV can then be played back without mounting straight from within the playback program (PowerDVD etc)

If you are playing back the physical disc you need a licenced player like PowerDVD, or something like AnyDVD that will remove the protection on the fly, allowing playback from other programs.
post #222 of 265
Be aware that PDVD12 has Cinavia detection now, so, if your backup contains Cinavia protection, they won't play back properly.
post #223 of 265
I also stand corrected. I thought it would rip DVDs also. Back to the drawing board.
post #224 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apgood View Post

PowerDVD12 doesn't allow you to rip anything. For ripping you need something like AnyDVD which lets you rip to ISO or folder. If you want to transcode the rip to mkv then you need something like makemkv.
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejh1987 View Post

PowerDVD does not rip Blu-rays, it just plays them back.
AnyDVD HD or similar is usually used to create an ISO files, which is an 1-1 rip of the complete Blu-ray (Extras and Menus included) the ISO is then mounted and played back with PowerDVD.
MakeMKV rips the main movie to a MKV file, this is not a 1-1 of the complete disc but it is a contains 1-1 copy of the Video/Audio/Subtitles, the only thing not included is Menus/Extras.
MKV can then be played back without mounting straight from within the playback program (PowerDVD etc)
If you are playing back the physical disc you need a licenced player like PowerDVD, or something like AnyDVD that will remove the protection on the fly, allowing playback from other programs.

Thanks Apgood and acejh1987! I guess if AnyDVD HD allows ripping and playing of bluray's, then wouldn't it make more sense to just get that vs. PowerDVD12? Or am I missing something. Currently I'm using XBMC and playing .mkv files on my htpc straight onto my AVR and TV. I read that XBMC could not play 3D iso's w/o an external program like PowerDVD12 or TMT5. I guess if AnyDVD HD will allow playing any full bluray as .iso's, thru XBMC, I'll probably go that route. But I have a feeling I would still need both programs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

Be aware that PDVD12 has Cinavia detection now, so, if your backup contains Cinavia protection, they won't play back properly.

Thanks for the info SamuriHL! So I guess it's better to use which software for playback? TMT5 or can AnyDVD HD do it.

Thanks peeps!
post #225 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkoman View Post

Thanks for the info SamuriHL! So I guess it's better to use which software for playback? TMT5 or can AnyDVD HD do it.
Thanks peeps!

AnyDVD is not a playback software. It's used to decrypt and remove protection on the fly. And can be used to rip movies to your hard drive in ISO format or as folders. TMT5 also added Cinavia protection so it doesn't offer that as a benefit over PDVD12.
post #226 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

AnyDVD is not a playback software. It's used to decrypt and remove protection on the fly. And can be used to rip movies to your hard drive in ISO format or as folders. TMT5 also added Cinavia protection so it doesn't offer that as a benefit over PDVD12.

I see. Thanks for the heads up. Do you prefer PowerDVD or TMT? I tried to see reviews on Amazon but they both have pretty bad reviews, which seems odd b/c those 2 programs appear to be the ones people use for 3D bluray iso's.

Thanks,
post #227 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkoman View Post

I see. Thanks for the heads up. Do you prefer PowerDVD or TMT? I tried to see reviews on Amazon but they both have pretty bad reviews, which seems odd b/c those 2 programs appear to be the ones people use for 3D bluray iso's.
Thanks,

Let me first caveat my response with the fact that I don't yet do 3D. I'm getting a new TV in January that will allow me to do so. However, I prefer TMT over PDVD. That being said, I don't generally use either much these days. I use MC18 + AnyDVD. That allows me to watch movie only off blu-ray. And I rip my movies to MKV which gets added to my library. That's my personal choice.
post #228 of 265
Good day.

When I insert a DVD in the upper right shows the information about the movie, I can disable this warning, perhaps through a registry key?

screenshot001ij.png


thanks
post #229 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiFun View Post

The latest version of Power DVD 12 Ultra for download/update contains an update for Windows 8 and claims to make the 3D window size 1920*1080. One has to download an installer first (CyberLink_PowerDVD_Downloader.exe) which verifies your system. Only then do you get the real download from hell --> PowerDVD12.Patch.DVD120702-07.exe
What they didn’t announce is the draconian Cinavia copy protection is also included. Right away I started having identical issues on two separate systems. Just moving the mouse would cause Power Dvd to crash.
This was with Oblivion Island and other Blu-ray’s. Further I was forced to run AnyDvd as Power DVD refused to play falsely claiming I was using analog outputs.
The situation is totally out of control. I was able to reinstall the 1904 build. I guess I’m stating with this version forever and will not be “upgrading” to Windows 8.
Frankly what is wrong with Windows 7 and especially Windows Media Center? Nothing!
Power DVD 12 has tried to take over my home network and build libraries and report playback to Hollywood and advertisers. For those foolish enough to allow the fox in, now the Cinavia digital rights management kicks in. Consumers need Hollywood’s permission for playback, which is their real ulterior goal.
To remain in charge of my own computer, I disable Cyberlink services in msconfig.exe, Windows firewall and Local Services. I also disabled Flexnet DRM from Macrovision Europe.
This mindset extends to the latest technology as your ISP, smart phone, credit card company or social sites control and track your every keyboard input or mouse click without permission. Your fixed IP address is your Social Security Number on the Internet. Understand it too should be hidden and protected.
The point here is I want keep my privacy and not need Internet permission to playback a movie or song I’ve purchased. Things are so bad I’ve been forced go the encrypted VPN route (I luv it!) for $80 year. Now no one can profit from tracking or dictate to me. Technology should be used to improve the quality of consumer’s lifestyle and not take away basic human rights.
So CyberLink, my upgrades are over as the relationship has too many insurmountable obstacles. Give my rights back mad.gif

i am in full support of this basic premise. I do not want my stuff , meaning my keystroke count and what/when i watch movies. that data is my own and do not like anyone gaining access to and worse yet. taking it out for publication. since there are no protections against most of these practices,it is considered legal. it is immoral from the concept. law or no. it is my intellectual process and therefore my property. what i do and create with my computer in my house , on my time has no business being sent to anyone else for statistical purposes and certainly not to add to a profit margin of some company i dont know and probably would not like if i did. in as much as the movie people feel their output is intellectual property and should be protected, i feel that way about what i do inside my own computer in my own house. i do not sell or try to make money from what i do though. i would like to see an actor who didnt borrow from those who came before in the development of their craft. i dont see why what movies i watch on my own tv should be the business of anyone else as i use the experiences to develop my own levels of relaxation techniques
post #230 of 265
I noticed there was an update to pdvd12, which i have managed to keep as it came to me in its earliest release i got with the full upgrade from pdvd 10 i have. i never took pdvd 10ultra past 24xx whatever as it began to do things to reduce features i had. the good parts are that i keep the past patches or update/upgrade packages and learned i can roll back easy enough. i did not realize there was the other nefarious behavior going on inside some patches that included , and i sign an agreement to without knowing what is actually inside the patch or updaters. I wanted to know what the pdvd12 ultra updates are doing and if they were worth the risk, as i have come to see them. i am highly circumspect of all cyberlink patch/upgrades since i found out about the feature pull back or elimination in what i figured were enhancements to the program i bought. i never would have considered upgrades would take things i already paid for back, remove them from my initial product. it took time to sink in and i didnt believe it at first. did not compute for me. and i unwittingly do agree to it with the re agreeing to the installation process as it gets to the end of the process. it is a sneaky thing to do since there was not a complete disclosure of exactly what they were asking me to agree to. that kind of trickery had been outlawed in the other areas it used to reside. for now, i have to agree with other posters, just not to upgrade or update and to cut off the cyberlink services and access in firewall or where ever. i will have to look to other more skilled people to point out how and where i need to make changes for protection from this newest round of intrusiveness.
thanks
john
post #231 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post

People need privacy and freedom to live.
People do not need PowerDVD to live. Billions of humans live without running PowerDVD.
There are also other options to run Blu-rays either standalone or on a computer.

This misses the point. here in the use, Life , Liberty, and THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS ARE IN OUR DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE AS 'Inalienable Rights' bestowed by the Creator whatever one believes that may be..... for all men. this supersedes any legal right one may banter about.
watching tv or a movie in your own house seems to fit there. one may not need it , one may be able to find these elsewhere but the right to pursue some level of happiness should not evoke others to get their dander up and spot plots to undermine hollywood or purloin actor's intellectual property. if someone gets caught selling things illegally, then use the existing laws, pre existing i should say, and take them to court. civil or penal consequences as appropriate. but, not to invade my house or my journals i opt to write on my computer and store electronically. not because of something i may be equipped to do by virtue or owning a computer . this is wrong and should be a stopped. it does no good and only harms people, individuals. supporting it in any way is just caving in on more freedom.
this country is only a couple of hundred yrs old and lots of people sacrificed everything to create a land were there are freedoms of expression of beliefs and just that 'right to pursue happiness' it is a critical point and must be protected if this place has any hopes on enduring the next hundred years with freedoms intact. saying there are other alternatives , so why complain about losing one is as insidious as other more aggressive proposal to inhibit free choice. as long as what i do is not harming others. and there are no facts that can prove that watching a movie in my own house can ever harm anyone in any way. nor would it infringe on any other person's pursuits of those same things that make them happy. though it is principally just the freedom to do so that is important.. nothing personal here. i was only trying to find out about updates to my pdvd12ultra and how it might help and what problems it may cause.
john
post #232 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniedoo View Post

This misses the point. here in the use, Life , Liberty, and THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS ARE IN OUR DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE AS 'Inalienable Rights' bestowed by the Creator whatever one believes that may be..... for all men. this supersedes any legal right one may banter about.

You really need to take some lessons in law.

What the constitution mentions is things that the *government* may not infringe on. Not on how some purchased software behaves.

As soon as the government starts imposing limits on freedoms, you'll have a point. Until then, it's does not apply.
post #233 of 265
Because of problems with TMT 5 on my Windows 8 system, I downloaded the trial of PDVD12 to see if it worked better, and to my great surprise it produces perfect playback as well as automatic refresh rate switching.

Unfortunately, as soon as playback starts, my remote control stops working. I use iRule - an Android/iOS based remote control app that sends commands via IP to an applet (MCE Controller) running on the HTPC. MCE Controller translates those commands into the standard Windows keyboard shortcuts supported by Media Center (and which, incidentally, work perfectly in Arcsoft TMT).

The keyboard shortcuts work perfectly in the PowerDVD Cinema Mode UI, but during playback none of the transport commands work.

I read somewhere that disabling BD-J keyboard support (in BD playback settings) should fix this, but it did not.

Does anyone know of a way to get keyboard commands to work?
post #234 of 265
Update: I just tested PDVD 12 and TMT 5 side by side with the MCE Controller logger active, and there is no question TMT is acting appropriately on the standard MediaCenter keyboard shortcuts, e.g. Ctrl-P pauses, Ctrl-B skips back, etc., while PDVD ignores most commands and acts completely differently on others, e.g. Ctrl-P brings up the disc pop up menu and Ctrl-B does nothing.

This is when running the respective MediaCenter integrated players.

Can I really be the only one with this problem? Of course I can set up a separate set of buttons in iRule with the PDVD commands, but that should not be necessary.
post #235 of 265
Have you tested to see what hot keys powerdvd responds to when you manually press the keys? Maybe its possible Powerdvd only responds to some keys that are different than you expect.
post #236 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKANET View Post

Have you tested to see what hot keys powerdvd responds to when you manually press the keys? Maybe its possible Powerdvd only responds to some keys that are different than you expect.

That's exactly what I did, and there is apparently a set of unique PDVD shortcuts, e.g. B skips back, F skips forward, space bar toggles pause/play, etc. None are the same as the standard Media Center shortcuts.

Which must mean that the media keys on a standard MCE keyboard won't work as expected either.

Since a regular MCE IR remote control does work (mostly) Cyberlink must have decided to support the eHome IR standard but use a non standard set of keyboard commands.


Sent from my Xperia Arc S using Tapatalk 2
post #237 of 265
Does PowerDVD control the signal which sets the active shutter rate/signal to the 3D glasses? I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue whereby my IR glasses don't seem to register any signal, but to isolate the problem, I'm not sure where the signal actually comes from. I would have thought it was generated by the projector, but I've seen comments that make it sound like it's related to the 60Hz/120Hz/240Hz rate of the video (although clearly they are related).
post #238 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakmal View Post

@rickcfer:


Whenever you try to play a 23.976 fps Blu-ray, PDVD 12 helpfully asks you whether you want to match the display refresh rate with the frame rate. Andrew @ MissingRemote indicated that it locked on to 24 Hz for a 23.976 fps movie.


Auto refresh rate is not available for video files or 25 / 50 fps content (on a suitable display currently in NTSC land). At present, it is not a fully baked feature.


@SamuriHL:


The library build process is pretty crazy. I just left it to build after first start-up and didn't try to do anything on the computer for like a hour (depends on size of library, I guess). Too much hard drive activity was what both me and my colleague, Jarred, noted.

This works great for Blu-ray. Has there been any mention of matching the display frame rate on DVD or video files? It's very annoying when I have to manually change the display frame rate. I find if the rate is not matched the playback is not acceptable.

Does a player exist that auto matches all content?
Edited by wgf_bean - 1/6/13 at 2:41pm
post #239 of 265
Hi,

Do you guys know how to make PowerDVD12 to play DVD folders within Mediabrowser? I set PowerDVD as external player for DVD movies on the HD, but when I click on it, PowerDVD launch but stay at the Media Library screen. I have to manually browse to the folder on the HD and press play. Can it do it automatically?

I don't have that problem with MPC-HC. It just plays fine when you click on any movie in Mediabrowser. I want to use PowerDVD to playback the DVD folders on HD because it produces a sharper picture.

Thanks,

VuH
post #240 of 265
Sold my oppo 95 recently intending to upgrade to the new oppo 105 bdp player .A day after shipping the oppo off I decided to try power dvd which was installed on a new pc i had bought and was connected to a panasonic plasma and to a cd player/amp via s/pdif. .After upgrading to version 12 I have to say I have never been happier with the picture and sound.I am particularly pleased with the 3d performance.Watching madagascar 3 Europes most wanted 3d last night I think i had the best cinematic experience i have ever had watching a movie.Colours,sound,pop out, sense of depth all exceeded my expectations
However it took quite a bit of tweaking and I am using a geforce gtx 690.
The only thing i miss is sacd playback .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › *Official* PowerDVD 12 Thread