or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Epson 8350 - Bulb Life
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epson 8350 - Bulb Life

post #1 of 62
Thread Starter 
Hello,

I am considering buying an 8350 for a living room project that I am about to start, but I keep reading reviews on Amazon of premature bulb failures. Is this something that I should be worried about? I know that Epson totes that it's bulbs will last 4000 hours, but I just wanted to ask the experts what is a realistic number that I should expect before I have to change the bulb.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,
Noob
post #2 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by docthejoc View Post

Hello,

I am considering buying an 8350 for a living room project that I am about to start, but I keep reading reviews on Amazon of premature bulb failures. Is this something that I should be worried about? I know that Epson totes that it's bulbs will last 4000 hours, but I just wanted to ask the experts what is a realistic number that I should expect before I have to change the bulb.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,
Noob

This is a very real issue that has plagued my 8500 since I purchased it in Feb 2010. I've confirmed with Epson that the issue persists with all 8000 series projectors, as they use the very same 200W lamp.

I've not had a single lamp last more than 700 hours. Sometimes they dim very gradually, until you finally notice the image is incredibly dark, and sometimes they just go with a loud "POP!"

After several replacements, Epson suggested I exchange the projector, which I was more than eager to try. Even so, the replacement projector burned through lamps at the same interval.

In all fairness, Epson has been very cooperative in replacing the bad lamps, even shipping them overnight. Following a failure last year, I asked to speak with a senior technician who explained that using the 8000 series projectors for more than a few hours straight can cause premature failure of the lamps.

I determined that I (and my wife) were running the projector anywhere between 3-5 hours daily (daily, not continuously), and the tech suggested I allow the unit to cool after 2 hours of usage, as the lamp element actually becomes so hot it begins to "droop", as if the glass itself was beginning to melt. You can see this very clearly by simply looking at the failed lamp.

I followed this suggestion very closely, even opening the lamp cover to allow for extra air flow after shutting down the unit (and after the cooling fan had stopped), but the effort had zero effect on extending the lamp life. They continued to fail between 500-700 hours.

With my warranty about to expire, I'm considering another brand, or perhaps an Epson 5010, which I understand uses a new lamp design. At $250 each, replacing lamps out of pocket would become prohibitively expensive once my 8500 goes out of warranty.

The irony is that the image quality of my Epson is so incredibly breathtaking with a new lamp, that I simply cannot decide whether to go to another brand, or stay with Epson. The image is truly spectacular, even though the Epson is 17 feet from my Carada 1.0 Gain Classic White 110" Screen (which is also a GREAT product).

I simply wanted to confirm that I have experienced the very same issue that concerns you, but I also wanted to convey how well Epson has handled the issue and how great the projector works with a fresh lamp.
post #3 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe_Cutter View Post

This is a very real issue that has plagued my 8500 since I purchased it in Feb 2010. I've confirmed with Epson that the issue persists with all 8000 series projectors, as they use the very same 200W lamp.

I've not had a single lamp last more than 700 hours. Sometimes they dim very gradually, until you finally notice the image is incredibly dark, and sometimes they just go with a loud "POP!"

After several replacements, Epson suggested I exchange the projector, which I was more than eager to try. Even so, the replacement projector burned through lamps at the same interval.

In all fairness, Epson has been very cooperative in replacing the bad lamps, even shipping them overnight. Following a failure last year, I asked to speak with a senior technician who explained that using the 8000 series projectors for more than a few hours straight can cause premature failure of the lamps.

I determined that I (and my wife) were running the projector anywhere between 3-5 hours daily (daily, not continuously), and the tech suggested I allow the unit to cool after 2 hours of usage, as the lamp element actually becomes so hot it begins to "droop", as if the glass itself was beginning to melt. You can see this very clearly by simply looking at the failed lamp.

I followed this suggestion very closely, even opening the lamp cover to allow for extra air flow after shutting down the unit (and after the cooling fan had stopped), but the effort had zero effect on extending the lamp life. They continued to fail between 500-700 hours.

With my warranty about to expire, I'm considering another brand, or perhaps an Epson 5010, which I understand uses a new lamp design. At $250 each, replacing lamps out of pocket would become prohibitively expensive once my 8500 goes out of warranty.

The irony is that the image quality of my Epson is so incredibly breathtaking with a new lamp, that I simply cannot decide whether to go to another brand, or stay with Epson. The image is truly spectacular, even though the Epson is 17 feet from my Carada 1.0 Gain Classic White 110" Screen (which is also a GREAT product).

I simply wanted to confirm that I have experienced the very same issue that concerns you, but I also wanted to convey how well Epson has handled the issue and how great the projector works with a fresh lamp.

supposedly that issue has been resolved in the last 4 months or so being that the issue was deemed to be the mfg of the lamp (who they switched FROM a few months ago) and that with the switch to a different vendor for the lamps they shouldn't have that issue. my buddy and I both have one and he's lasted 1000 hours and climbing on his first lamp (both purchased ours about 4 months ago or so.)
post #4 of 62
Good news worm. Thanks for posting. I was a little worried.
post #5 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post

Good news worm. Thanks for posting. I was a little worried.

I'm only posting what was reported a few months back in the 8350 thread, so if anyone else can chime in with confirmation that would be nice too. I only have about 80 hours on mine (haven't used mine as much being that I usually go over and hang out with said friend who has almost 1000 hours on his )
post #6 of 62
Thread Starter 
Thanks Toe_Cutter for that reply. Your response hit the nail on the head with my concerns. On occasion, I watch my TV for hours at a time and I envision my new projector to do the same (at least I would like it to for the price point). I may also have to look at other projectors, but find it hard to veer from the 8350 (for the price and picture quality).

Wormraper - I don't suppose you would know if they still have the model with the 'defective' lamps still on the market now? With them changing the manufacturers of the lamps, I fear that if I make my purchase through Amazon, they may still have a surplus of the older models (prior to the manufacturer change) and I will experience the same issues as Toe_Cutter.
post #7 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by docthejoc View Post

Thanks Toe_Cutter for that reply. Your response hit the nail on the head with my concerns. On occasion, I watch my TV for hours at a time and I envision my new projector to do the same (at least I would like it to for the price point). I may also have to look at other projectors, but find it hard to veer from the 8350 (for the price and picture quality).

Wormraper - I don't suppose you would know if they still have the model with the 'defective' lamps still on the market now? With them changing the manufacturers of the lamps, I fear that if I make my purchase through Amazon, they may still have a surplus of the older models (prior to the manufacturer change) and I will experience the same issues as Toe_Cutter.

there is a possibility of that. however with that in mind Epson now warranties the lamp for the FULL TWO YEARS of warranty unlike the normal 90 days that most mfg's utilize. so if you get one they'll swap it out.

as for using your pj like a tv. turning on and off a projector will cause damage to the bulb prematurely on ANY projector. the most wear and tear on a bulb is during start up .. just like the engine of a car. if you're turning it off and on frequently you're gonna shorten your bulbs life.
post #8 of 62
What should we do then? Enable sleep mode and never turn it off?
post #9 of 62
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the information on the warranty Wormraper. You guys are the best
post #10 of 62
I have a 8700ub with I'm guessing around 800 hours in almost a year. If the bulb pops and they send you a new one, do you send the old one back?
post #11 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by stegen View Post

I have a 8700ub with I'm guessing around 800 hours in almost a year. If the bulb pops and they send you a new one, do you send the old one back?

Yes to both.
post #12 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe_Cutter View Post


This is a very real issue that has plagued my 8500 since I purchased it in Feb 2010. I've confirmed with Epson that the issue persists with all 8000 series projectors, as they use the very same 200W lamp.


I've not had a single lamp last more than 700 hours. Sometimes they dim very gradually, until you finally notice the image is incredibly dark, and sometimes they just go with a loud "POP!"


After several replacements, Epson suggested I exchange the projector, which I was more than eager to try. Even so, the replacement projector burned through lamps at the same interval.


In all fairness, Epson has been very cooperative in replacing the bad lamps, even shipping them overnight. Following a failure last year, I asked to speak with a senior technician who explained that using the 8000 series projectors for more than a few hours straight can cause premature failure of the lamps.


I determined that I (and my wife) were running the projector anywhere between 3-5 hours daily (daily, not continuously), and the tech suggested I allow the unit to cool after 2 hours of usage, as the lamp element actually becomes so hot it begins to "droop", as if the glass itself was beginning to melt. You can see this very clearly by simply looking at the failed lamp.


I followed this suggestion very closely, even opening the lamp cover to allow for extra air flow after shutting down the unit (and after the cooling fan had stopped), but the effort had zero effect on extending the lamp life. They continued to fail between 500-700 hours.


With my warranty about to expire, I'm considering another brand, or perhaps an Epson 5010, which I understand uses a new lamp design. At $250 each, replacing lamps out of pocket would become prohibitively expensive once my 8500 goes out of warranty.


The irony is that the image quality of my Epson is so incredibly breathtaking with a new lamp, that I simply cannot decide whether to go to another brand, or stay with Epson. The image is truly spectacular, even though the Epson is 17 feet from my Carada 1.0 Gain Classic White 110" Screen (which is also a GREAT product).


I simply wanted to confirm that I have experienced the very same issue that concerns you, but I also wanted to convey how well Epson has handled the issue and how great the projector works with a fresh lamp.

Hi,

I just wanted to share with you guys, I have the Epson 8350, and last night, the bulb died with a loud POP sound as well. It ran for about 2500 hours.

Any suggestions on where to buy the replacement bulb? is it easy to replacement myself, or better to let a professional do that?

Thanks
post #13 of 62
call EPSON
post #14 of 62
I bought an 8350 last February and it is approaching 1000 hours and it still looks as good as new. We usually only use it on weekends (summertime was different) for gaming and movies but it is usually on for the vast majority of the day on both Saturday and Sunday.
post #15 of 62
My take on the questionable bulb life of the 8000 series is the absurdly short cool down time before the fans shut off. I really think it is too short and the lamp heat soaks.
I have had projectors that ran over 5000 hours on one lamp, but the fan ran for a full 2 minutes after shut down.
post #16 of 62
I can't wait for laser projectors so I can forget all about bulb life.
post #17 of 62
Does that mean Epson will not last long if the ambient temperature is high. My room is about 85-90 F. Is there other brand/model that is more reliable?
post #18 of 62
Not sure there is any hard data that could confirm high ambient temperatures can contribute to the failures? Frequent short duration powering cycles can affect lamp life however. Panasonic jvc recently had issues with their lamps, resulting in a rumored change to their bulb design, or qc. You could run the pj in high altitude mode to help offset some higher ambient temps I guess, but that wouldn't guarantee longer lamp life as it's still kinda a crap shoot. I run mine in high altitude mode as required where I reside, but the 6010 is still very quiet in that mode.

Epson has been very good with their support for their products under warranty. Some newer led pj's are coming out now, (viewsonic), little pricier, but would more reliable with respect to lamp failures.
Edited by jnabq - 10/19/12 at 9:03am
post #19 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnabq View Post

Panasonic recently had issues with their lamps, resulting in a change to their bulb supplier.

This is news to me. Can you provide your source? I've Googled for quite a while and can't find a story on this.
post #20 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post

This is news to me. Can you provide your source? I've Googled for quite a while and can't find a story on this.

Damn G, sorry I wasted your time trying to locate that. Read it over a year ago, and it was regarding the jvc line, not panasonics. my bad. As i reread the info, it was never confirmed that a new manfacturer was enlisted, but was hinted at that some design, or qc changes were made. Nothing was ever officially released that I recall. I'll change the post.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1336510/cedia-rumours-and-projector-spoilers/480#post_20922342
http://www.highdefdigest.com/blog/jvc-projector-lamp-defect/
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1296327/official-jvc-rs40-x3-owners-thread
post #21 of 62
I've had my 8350 for just over a year. My bulb just went at less than 800 hours. Same deal I took it out and the element was droopy. I called Epson and they are sending me a new bulb. Has anyone got any information on their new manufacturer has anyone gotten it to last over 2000 hours?

I guess time will tell with the new one, hopefully this issue is resolved as I love this projector.
post #22 of 62
Last I checked I was just short of 1900 hours 2 months ago. I'm sure I'm over 2000 hours on my stock bulb. It's a 2 year old 8700ub. Haven't had a single issue yet. But not that I've said that... Knock on wood.
post #23 of 62
I got about 1400 hours out of my 8700UB lamp, then it failed. It didn't pop, you can clearly see inside something broke though, but not the envelope. My projector was under the 2 year warranty period, Epson sent me a replacement lamp.

Fortunately I had also gotten a replacement lamp as part of a rebate deal when I bought the PJ, so I have a spare (the new one they sent me) in the closet.

I made a conscious decision with this projector to just use it and not worry about lamp hours. I ust find it more enjoyable to just use it and not think about the lamps. They are expensive, but it's kind of an "it is what it is" situation. Ever since I've been buying projectors it's always a "oooh careful the bulb will die" situation with each one of them.

Bring on the LED/Lasers!
post #24 of 62
2971 and counting, 90% on high. A bit dimmer than I'd like, but still watchable. Will replace at probably 3500.
post #25 of 62
I guess I must be the lucky one. My bulb just hit 4400 hours. It's not as bright as it once was, but no one would ever know unless they'd seen what it looked like new.
post #26 of 62
Bulb hit about 2300 hours and got real dim. Hit 2400 hours and died. Used the projector 95% of it's life in econo mode for a few hours a day. Had an Infocus projector before this one that usually last about 1700 hours before going too dim. A slight improvement but disappointing that Epson claims up to 4000 hours in econo mode. This was one of the reasons I switched to the Epson. I just ordered a new bulb from B&H. Hoping for a better run 2nd time around. Otherwise a 65" LED LCD starting to look like a reasonable alternative.


BTW, anyone else have problems with the Auto-Iris giving random failures on power-up?
post #27 of 62
I have an 8100 instead of the 8350 but they use an identical bulb...

My usage has been for about 1,980 hours over just under 1 and 1/2 years (movies at both 106" in 16x9 and 125" in 2.35-1 with manual zooming; gaming on PS3 and XB360, sports events on U-Verse HD). I ran it on Eco-mode for much of that time and usually under the Theatre Black settings, until I decided I liked my gaming better on the Living Room settings back in the fall last year... The image is visibly dim this past weekend to the point that I am almost certain it is going to fail very soon.

I figured the 4,000 hour claim was 'pie-in-the-sky' type claim, but I had hoped to run the bulb out to 3,000 hours before replacing it. My original In-Focus SP-4805 ran in the same theater room on its original bulb for 2,700 hours and the replacement bulb was still going strong when I upgraded to a Mitsubishi HC1000. I successfully ran THAT unit in the same theater room on its original bulb for better than 2,500 hours on its first bulb and 2,300 hours on the second bulb before I retired the unit in favor of the Epson after about 1,800 hours on the third one.

My usage was limited mainly to weekends and when it ran, I ran the PJ hard to avoid turning it on and off. I would frequently leave the unit running for upwards of 10 hours at a time, but I had very good ventilation and spacing and never noticed an issue. If there's one thing I have just had to learn to accept, its that bulbs fail and beyond some basics and common sense, there's not too much that can save you from replacements every so often.
post #28 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher27 View Post



BTW, anyone else have problems with the Auto-Iris giving random failures on power-up?
Yes, lots of reports in the 8350 thread and this issue also occurs on the new Epson models.
Must be a common bootloader/FW used on Epson projectors.
There is no real solution except letting the projector shutdown, pull power plug for one minute, plug back in, wait 5 minutes and power up.
post #29 of 62
I have been running mine for 1 1/2 years and just hit 1500 hrs. Needless to say I was pretty pissed because they claimed it would last 4000 I was hoping to at least get half that. Now after reading some of the post here I don't feel so bad, plus I run mine on the dynamic or living room setting only. I also heard that when you do shut down the projector to wait a half hour to allow filament to cool before powering up again. I was told power up power sends a surge to a hot filament and weakens it vs. a cold filament I did begin to see picture degradation at about 1300 hrs and very quickly one day it was perfect next day it was dim.
post #30 of 62

Old 1080UB here (circa 2008) prior to the "new and improved" *cough* Long-Life E-trol lamp introduction

 

I got 3000 hours out my first two lamps, and just rolled over 1000 on my latest one. (low lamp mode)

 

I will likely upgrade to a newer projector before this on hits 3k
 


Edited by PioManiac - 4/3/13 at 6:50am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Epson 8350 - Bulb Life