or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › Edogg's QUAD LMS AIY (Assemble It Yourself) Build
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edogg's QUAD LMS AIY (Assemble It Yourself) Build - Page 3

post #61 of 603
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by datranz View Post

I think we should do a gtg at your house. Ill be a bi*^th to move that cab with lms loaded.

The pair of Conquests I just sold weren't exactly lightweights. Moving these around shouldnt be too bad.
post #62 of 603
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyjr1 View Post

Is E.D. still building custom cabinets?

From what I understand they are not building anymore custom cabinets. I think they're gonna focus on their own product line for now. But give them a call, ya never know.
post #63 of 603
As Quoted from the blog:

"We are still 100% open to doing custom items as well, so feel free to call us if you have ideas or need something custom done."
post #64 of 603
Eric, did you test the drivers free air yet? If you didn't, there is a good chance you could die...... just saying
post #65 of 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

Eric, did you test the drivers free air yet? If you didn't, there is a good chance you could die...... just saying

Good idea, you want to make sure they function correctly before mounting them into the ed enclosures once they arrive. Not sure about the chances of dying though
post #66 of 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaudio View Post


Good idea, you want to make sure they function correctly before mounting them into the ed enclosures once they arrive. Not sure about the chances of dying though

and the free air testing is fun!
post #67 of 603
Thread Starter 
Good thinking! I'll do that tonight.
post #68 of 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaudio View Post

Good idea, you want to make sure they function correctly before mounting them into the ed enclosures once they arrive. Not sure about the chances of dying though

I've made that mistake before, not one I'll ever make again though!

Well, If you do die from not doing it, you won't know you're dead LOL
post #69 of 603
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

I've made that mistake before, not one I'll ever make again though!

Well, If you do die from not doing it, you won't know you're dead LOL

I'll just test them to make sure I dont die.
post #70 of 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51 View Post


I'll just test them to make sure I dont die.

Please modify the will, I could use your drivers.
post #71 of 603
I get first dips, I closest.
post #72 of 603
Thread Starter 
Dang guys! Let the body get cold at least!

So just finished up the free-air tests. Everything looks good. No weird noises or anything like that. Subs look to move free and smooth.
post #73 of 603
Thread Starter 
Got the last couple of cables/adapters from Blue Jeans Cable today. All set now, just waiting for the cabinets to arrive this coming week.

post #74 of 603
I'm going to have to go with eD built cabs I think too. I can go pick them up...especially if a certain someone would buy my F20s that is near eD!

Two reasons to drive across Iowa.

Suhweeet assemble project.
post #75 of 603
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

I'm going to have to go with eD built cabs I think too. I can go pick them up...especially if a certain someone would buy my F20s that is near eD!

Two reasons to drive across Iowa.

Suhweeet assemble project.

Thanks man!

So it looks like my cabs were painted yesterday. eD said that they *MIGHT* ship out today, tomorrow at the latest. Im hoping to have them for the weekend.
post #76 of 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51 View Post

Thanks man!

So it looks like my cabs were painted yesterday. eD said that they *MIGHT* ship out today, tomorrow at the latest. Im hoping to have them for the weekend.

Killer!!!!!
post #77 of 603
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

Killer!!!!!

Spoke with Alex about an hour ago. He said the cabinets will ship out today, i should have them in time for the weekend!
post #78 of 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51 View Post

Spoke with Alex about an hour ago.

And we're just finding out now.
post #79 of 603
Look forward to seeing these cabinets. If I lived in US I might have got some cabinets from ED also. BUT shipping t OZ would be killer. LOL
post #80 of 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post

And we're just finding out now.

haha!!!

That is pretty quick shipping to have them by this weekend, what was the total bill for the two cabs plus ship if you dont mind me asking?
post #81 of 603
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

haha!!!

That is pretty quick shipping to have them by this weekend, what was the total bill for the two cabs plus ship if you dont mind me asking?

About $900 for the pair shipped.
post #82 of 603
not bad for the quality they do, I still have the most fun doing the woodworking part can sand and paint them black and not think twice about how they look behind my screen, haha. If it came down to a nice finish, im out. Lol
post #83 of 603
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

not bad for the quality they do, I still have the most fun doing the woodworking part can sand and paint them black and not think twice about how they look behind my screen, haha. If it came down to a nice finish, im out. Lol

I wish I had the tools, time, & skill to build the cabinets myself. But the more I think about giving it a try the easier it seems to just send someone money. lol

Fedex tracking is listing Friday as the delivery date.
post #84 of 603
Thread Starter 
So I picked up a couple of these bags. I'm planning on using one per cab. What ya guys think?? Sound about right??

post #85 of 603
1lb per cuft = 100% fill
post #86 of 603
Thread Starter 
How about a 78% fill?? lol
post #87 of 603
Suuurre.
post #88 of 603
Thread Starter 
Cabs are here.

They survived the trip without any mishaps. The packaging was minimal, but stuff was placed in the correct spots to avoid any damage. They are very very well made. They have a textured finish very similar to my old Conquests, and like the Epiks the boxes are SOLID.

Time to put them together.






post #89 of 603
We so excited, we so excited. It's friday
post #90 of 603
Nice!!

Glad to hear there wasn't any damage from the shipping handling.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › Edogg's QUAD LMS AIY (Assemble It Yourself) Build