or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › What are good integraded amps that are made in America?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What are good integraded amps that are made in America?

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
Any brands that are good and made in America? Is NAD and ROTel made in China? I am afraid to buy anything from china, because of quality control and failures of so many products.
post #2 of 19
Just to continue the spelling lesson - - "integrated"

As to your question, the only answer I know is, "none of the less expensive ones."
post #3 of 19
Mac, Fisher, Marantz all made in the USA. But the only problem is there over forty years old. Try ebay...
post #4 of 19
How about this:

Rogue Audio Cronus pure vacuum tube amplifier. Integrated amplifier with EL34 output tubes producing 55wpc or KT77 tubes producing 75wpc. Heavy aluminum faceplate, optional tube cage available, blue LED. Alps volume control with solid aluminum remote included. Excellent, built-in, solid state, MM phono stage and headphone amp. Warm, clean, neutrally balanced sound with power enough for most speaker systems in medium sized rooms. Made in the USA.

You can get the Cronus for $1900 or the upgraded Magnum for $2200.

I think Cary amps are still made in the USA also...

John
post #5 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

Mac, Fisher, Marantz all made in the USA. But the only problem is there over forty years old. Try ebay...

Like my 3300, 250, C-26, C-28, 2505 and 2105?

And don't forget the Dynaco 60 and 400 built by my brother!!!
post #6 of 19
I believe Outlaw Audio has a stereo receiver (I know not an integrated) and they still manufacture in the US. Honestly, I really like HK's 2-channel products which I think are made in Malaysia.
post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnatalli View Post

I believe Outlaw Audio has a stereo receiver (I know not an integrated) and they still manufacture in the US. Honestly, I really like HK's 2-channel products which I think are made in Malaysia.

The majority of HK 2-Channel products are made in China, except the HK990 which is assembled in Taiwan...

Just my $0.02...
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyboardcat View Post

Any brands that are good and made in America? Is NAD and ROTel made in China? I am afraid to buy anything from china, because of quality control and failures of so many products.


an good amp made from usa starts at 4grand. id rather buy a 500 dollar amp which is good enough in todays loudspeakers. just my 2 cent. hook it up with a samsung 8000 series your good to go!
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaty View Post

an good amp made from usa starts at 4grand. id rather buy a 500 dollar amp which is good enough in todays loudspeakers.

Wrong on both counts...

John
post #10 of 19
I like the DIY option. Then you KNOW where it was made I would love to build a tube amp ala the Dynaco kit.
post #11 of 19
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by laulau View Post

Wyred4Sound.

http://www.wyred4sound.com/webapps/c...0/117839/18158

If you mean assembled in the U.S...the outside casing might be made in the U.S., who knows, the amp itself is a $500 ICEPower 1000ASP sold by OEM as a complete integrated chipset...in other words, not made in the U.S.A. The only thing Wyred does is tinker with the pre-amp stage by throwing in a tube.
post #13 of 19
99% of the components are made in Asian sweatshop factories where the workers rarely make enough in a 55 to 60 hour workweek to be able to afford any of the products their parts go into.

The environmental and safety standards are such that the employers' don't have to worry about paying pensions at age 65.

In other words, the places where Western countries should be outsourcing inmates to in order to minimize prison costs.
post #14 of 19
Southern Spy hits nail on head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robert View Post

Rogue Audio Cronus pure vacuum tube amplifier. Integrated amplifier with EL34 output tubes producing 55wpc or KT77 tubes producing 75wpc. Heavy aluminum faceplate, optional tube cage available, blue LED. Alps volume control with solid aluminum remote included. Excellent, built-in, solid state, MM phono stage and headphone amp. Warm, clean, neutrally balanced sound with power enough for most speaker systems in medium sized rooms. Made in the USA.

Those tubes were probably made in the 1950s and stockpiled somewhere in the Sino-Soviet zone. The trendy (again) blue LED and ALPS parts made in Red China. The "heavy aluminum" that's used for the faceplate is no doubt so heavy because of all the lead used to make the "aluminum". LOL...

My American car is made from recycled steel that was once the Soviet Navy, filled with parts made by slaves of the Chinese Army and driven off the assembly line in Canuckistan.
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Daemon View Post

My American car is made from recycled steel that was once the Soviet Navy, filled with parts made by slaves of the Chinese Army and driven off the assembly line in Canuckistan.


So you're saying "blame Canada"

Krell, Martin Logan, whatever company ML the man now runs may build at least some stuff in the US but I haven't looked in a very long time. Maybe not anymore.
post #16 of 19
Rogue, Audio Research, Pass Labs, CJ, Ayre, Van Alstien and Odyssey should be added to the list.
post #17 of 19
What's your price point keyyboardcat?
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyboardcat View Post

Any brands that are good and made in America? Is NAD and ROTel made in China? I am afraid to buy anything from china, because of quality control and failures of so many products.

Suggest you check out the HK990 integrated stereo amplifier, superb sonics, unique features and available@ good discounts. Product is assembled in Taiwan and well praised in Europe, recently had a positive revue in Stereophile..

Just my $0.02..
post #19 of 19
I think Conrad johnson amps e.t.c are made in usa. Also sunfire amps by bob carver...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › What are good integraded amps that are made in America?