or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Dedicated Theater Design & Construction › /// Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc - BD9 (DVD-DL Media + BD50) \\\
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

/// Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc - BD9 (DVD-DL Media + BD50) \\\ - Page 26

post #751 of 1344
Superleo....need some assistance. I'm not using WINrar correctly I guess. I thought I unpacked/extracted the file correctly, but now done, I don't have a certificate or BMVD folder, just the 58 parts and it says they are winrar archive files. So I'm not sure how to unpack the download correctly???
post #752 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post

Superleo....need some assistance. I'm not using WINrar correctly I guess. I thought I unpacked/extracted the file correctly, but now done, I don't have a certificate or BMVD folder, just the 58 parts and it says they are winrar archive files. So I'm not sure how to unpack the download correctly???

NM I got it smile.gif
post #753 of 1344
Thread Starter 
if you see the RAR files you can just right click on the first file (any file will work) and and choose extract to folder. Then you can either create a folder or extract to "my documents" or the likes. Be adviced that unpacking the files will take some time, up to 1 hour depending on your processor. Once the process is finished you can navigate to the folder and should be able to see the BMVD file structure.

Hope this helps.
post #754 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd51 View Post

I'm currently seeding to 5 of 5 peers... -TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

If you see no seeders is that most likely your router/port is set up incorrectly. Check your router port and run the test to assure that the client has connectivity.

cheers for the info and the seeding.

just checked my client (vuze) and its connecting fine with other torrents and also passes the nat/firewall test but it keeps coming up with connection error on the full bd torrent? not sure why its doing that? anyone have any idea? sorry if its a bit off topic.

Cheers

Ash
post #755 of 1344
Just downloaded utorrent and its working fine now......many thanks for the seeder!!!

Wonder why vuze was getting a conection error on this file but works for all my other torrents? ah well, utorrent it is for now then!

Cheers

Ash
post #756 of 1344


First time was a charm.....everything worked and NO coasters! Thanks Superleo. The top menu is slick. I printed out the reference BD50 art sleeve on glossy photo paper....took me a couple tries to get the size right. Bought some Blu jewel boxes from Sleeve City and popped the sleeve right in. Then printed out 5 glossy cards for each category with each individual art and the data table on bottom listing source, track, time, audio track etc like are on the first page......and just stuck them all in the inside clip. Thanks again Superleo. cool.gif

I forgot to leave utorrent on....for anyone else still at it, I'll restart and start seeding as soon as I get back home....sorry! eek.gif
Edited by KevinH - 7/27/12 at 8:46am
post #757 of 1344
For the first time users, just be aware that some of the menus are LOUD. I like cranking it up a bit for the demo material, but some menus are even louder than I would like when setting the volumn to the levels of the demos themselves. I was reminded of this 2 nights ago when I popped the disc in again.

Not a gripe, just a warning so people aren't taken off gaurd.
post #758 of 1344
Took me completely off guard with the menu volume lol. Shocked the hell out me. I did enjoy it though.
post #759 of 1344
Superleo, thanks for compiling & creating this amazing demo disc.
post #760 of 1344
I don't have the means to DL these but I would happily contribute for someone's time/trouble if they could make a set for me. PM me if you would be willing. If you already uploaded it shouldn't take but a few minutes,

TIA
post #761 of 1344
Can someone with 100% of the Surround disc please seed it?
I'm stuck at 95.7% and none of the peers have 100% of the torrent. frown.gif
post #762 of 1344
Thread Starter 
I think I would have the complete disc...wink.gif
I'll set it up for a couple of days.
post #763 of 1344
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpothuwila View Post

Superleo, thanks for compiling & creating this amazing demo disc.

You're welcome mate. smile.gif
post #764 of 1344
Got it, and I'm leaving mine up for at least a week, if not more.

Many thanks!!
post #765 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

I think I would have the complete disc...wink.gif
I'll set it up for a couple of days.
Any chance you could do that for the animation disc, as well? I'm at 92.5%. frown.gif
post #766 of 1344
I opened mine back up(full BD50).....will that seed the guys that are doing the individuals?
post #767 of 1344
Thread Starter 
I'm seeding all the individual discs again.
So if you want them now is the time to get them.
post #768 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

I'm seeding all the individual discs again.
So if you want them now is the time to get them.

Hi Superleo, do you mind to double check if you are indeed seeding the files? I'm trying to download the Bass Disc and the ETA is 6 weeds and 5 days. Download speed is 1.2 kB/s.......frown.gif
post #769 of 1344
Many thanks to superleo for making this disc, and for all who have seeded. got it fully downloaded a few days ago, and am now seeding the full disc for a few more days if anyone still needs it?

Cheers.....now to burn it onto a disc and watch it!

Ash

PS sorry its only uploading at an average 40kb/s so not really that fast but i am in the sticks so broadband is quite rubbish here.
post #770 of 1344
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post


... are indeed seeding the files? I'm trying to download the Bass Disc .......frown.gif

There are currently 3-4 seeds on all individual discs. It may go very slow at times but the full discs are out there. Hang in there.
post #771 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

There are currently 3-4 seeds on all individual discs. It may go very slow at times but the full discs are out there. Hang in there.


Thanks Leo!

Quick question: where did you purchase your BD 50 GB discs? I just pulled the trigger on a BD burner, but I'm not sure about a good place to buy my discs. Your input will be highly appreciated.
post #772 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

Thanks Leo!
Quick question: where did you purchase your BD 50 GB discs? I just pulled the trigger on a BD burner, but I'm not sure about a good place to buy my discs. Your input will be highly appreciated.


I for one got the optical quantum brand from Newegg
post #773 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post

I for one got the optical quantum brand from Newegg

Thanks Kevin!
post #774 of 1344
Thread Starter 
Someone posted an ebay link to a guy that sells BD-DlL directly from Japan for $5 per disc, I'll look for it and post it.
This is the cheapest I've seen.
post #775 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

Thanks Leo!
Quick question: where did you purchase your BD 50 GB discs? I just pulled the trigger on a BD burner, but I'm not sure about a good place to buy my discs. Your input will be highly appreciated.

These are very good. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003S51GUC
post #776 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgreg View Post

These are very good. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003S51GUC
I use that exact disc, but bought from MicroCenter for $29.99 3 pack. So I guess $10 a piece is the norm nowadays.
post #777 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark1 View Post

I use that exact disc, but bought from MicroCenter for $29.99 3 pack. So I guess $10 a piece is the norm nowadays.

They've been $17 for the 3 pack and $23 at Amazon not too long ago. Right now the price is on the high end at Amazon.
post #778 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

Someone posted an ebay link to a guy that sells BD-DlL directly from Japan for $5 per disc, I'll look for it and post it.
This is the cheapest I've seen.

Yeah, I did check eBay first and noticed that a lot of sellers are based in Japan. It will be really cool if you are able to share with us the info about that seller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgreg View Post

These are very good. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003S51GUC

Nice! I can order this as a starting point for my demo disc and eventually, buy cheap ones at eBay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark1 View Post

I use that exact disc, but bought from MicroCenter for $29.99 3 pack. So I guess $10 a piece is the norm nowadays.

Thanks for the info. I have a MC close to my office. So, I might pay them a quick visit today.........wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgreg View Post

They've been $17 for the 3 pack and $23 at Amazon not too long ago. Right now the price is on the high end at Amazon.

My BR burner already arrived at my home and it is waiting for me at the front door. So, I will go ahead and purchase the ones at MicroCenter, so I can have my demo disc ASAP. But of course, I will add the Amazon ones to my "save for later" list until the price is right.


Thanks guys for all the info.....you rock!
post #779 of 1344
Use camelcamelcamel.com to check price history and to add a price alert to notify you when the price drops.
post #780 of 1344
I can seed as well, when I get back home this evening.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Dedicated Theater Design & Construction › /// Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc - BD9 (DVD-DL Media + BD50) \\\